Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A very pretty mauve/plum lipgloss with a lovely minty feel. Made my lips cold but in a refreshing, not annoying, way. The texture is hard to describe, it's kind of sticky yet still has plenty of "slip". Staying power is on par with any other lipgloss I've tried. Definitely one of my go-to colors. It's hard to go wrong with this one. (NW15)

on 7/13/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Yes, I love this one, too. I'm beginning to sound like a BE shill despite the fact that I'm not a fan of most of their products. I've just never found a lipgloss that really, really works for me in every way--texture, look, staying power, feel on the lips, conditioning, etc., so I'm infatuated with these. Dolly is a beautiful cool mauve with touches of brown and pink that keep it from being uber-girly. This one leaves a bit of stain behind which makes my lips look great all day. I usually reapply three times throughout the course of the day, but these feel and smell so good I don't mind, and that's not bad considering I'm usually sipping at something most of the day. Highly recommended!

on 7/7/2009 11:06:00 AM

LOVE this lip gloss. Smells good, not too sticky, cool minty feeling. I don't notice any lip-plumping but I can't wait tobuy more colors of Buxum gloss. My new favorite.

I love BE products and the buxom glosses are no exception. I have tried Amber and Dolly and love them both. Made my lips shiny and pouty for hours. Love the tingle too!

on 7/3/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my first product from the much advertised BE line. I swapped for this color because I finally wanted to try something from the brand. This color was the one that appealed the most to me, since I'm a big lover of neutral lipcolors. While it is described as a "muted plum", my eye registers it more as a muted rose. Very pretty, but unfortunately, boring once applied on my pigmented lips. Sadly, I get almost no color payoff with it, and it does tend to look a bit gray as time goes by. The texture is your standard "sticky" feeling, which I don't mind myself, since it will stay around a bit without wearing off. It has a creamy warm chocolate/vanilla smell when you open the tube.
My biggest complaint about this gloss however is the pepperminty feeling. My lips felt so cold they were literally numb, and the feeling stayed around for hours. I like a little peppermint flavor in my lippies on occasion, but this is rediculous. If you're not a fan of peppermint in your glosses, these will definitely not be your cup of tea.
For the price it retails for, this was nothing spectacular, so I won't purchase this gloss again after this tube is gone.

on 6/10/2009 1:21:00 PM

I had been reading how great BE lip products were so I decided to give it a try when I was at sephora recently. I absolutely love this gloss. It is a beautiful color, is not sticky, and has a little tingle to it. The downside is obviously the price bc $18 for lipgloss is a lot but I am willing to spend if it is something I really like. I am looking forward to purchasing more of BE's glosses.

on 3/26/2009 1:37:00 PM

I got this as a delux sample from Sephora. I love it! It's the perfect mauve/brown shade. YLBB on me. Great texture and I love the minty taste.
The only reason I would not purchase is the price. To much $ for gloss.

on 3/4/2009 2:44:00 PM

I just bought this lip gloss, and I am in love. It has a nice mauve color to it.. very natural looking. This is my first Buxom lip gloss purchase, but I am sure I will be buying another. I have natural full lips.. but I believe it perfects your lips into a nice pout. Not sticky.. unlike most lip glosses it leaves your lips feeling great...

I received this (a small version) as a free gift at Sephora and I love it. It's the perfect pink / mauve shade for my pale ivory skin tone. I like the texture - thick but not sticky - and I love the minty / spicy taste (I think this is supposed to be the plumping effect). I have full lips naturally so I can't attest to any plumping but it does create a nice smooth base with a soft sheen. My only two complaints - it's expensive at around $18 for a small tube and it's not that long-lasting i.e. it's not really long wearing. Regardless, I'll definitely be buying this again as soon as my small size runs out. I might even try a few other colors in the Buxom Lips family.

on 2/28/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this colour because i can transform it into a nude lip. I dont like that it doesnt plump my lips that much. i have thin lips and i wanted a lip gloss that would make them appear larger. I did feel the tingle, but i didnt see a result. I am so glad that i got it for free at ULTA but I would not get this again.

EDIT- i love this product now. i think it just needed some time to get used to. anyways, this is my fav lip gloss. nice color and i LOVE the tingling feeling it gives me. i will continue to buy even for the price

Recommended for Medium Skin