October 30, 2014 | 1416 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips- Dolly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this lip gloss. Smells good, not too sticky, cool minty feeling. I don't notice any lip-plumping but I can't wait tobuy more colors of Buxum gloss. My new favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I love BE products and the buxom glosses are no exception. I have tried Amber and Dolly and love them both. Made my lips shiny and pouty for hours. Love the tingle too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

This is my first product from the much advertised BE line. I swapped for this color because I finally wanted to try something from the brand. This color was the one that appealed the most to me, since I'm a big lover of neutral lipcolors. While it is described as a "muted plum", my eye registers it more as a muted rose. Very pretty, but unfortunately, boring once applied on my pigmented lips. Sadly, I get almost no color payoff with it, and it does tend to look a bit gray as time goes by. The texture is your standard "sticky" feeling, which I don't mind myself, since it will stay around a bit without wearing off. It has a creamy warm chocolate/vanilla smell when you open the tube.
My biggest complaint about this gloss however is the pepperminty feeling. My lips felt so cold they were literally numb, and the feeling stayed around for hours. I like a little peppermint flavor in my lippies on occasion, but this is rediculous. If you're not a fan of peppermint in your glosses, these will definitely not be your cup of tea.
For the price it retails for, this was nothing spectacular, so I won't purchase this gloss again after this tube is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by genesis81

I had been reading how great BE lip products were so I decided to give it a try when I was at sephora recently. I absolutely love this gloss. It is a beautiful color, is not sticky, and has a little tingle to it. The downside is obviously the price bc $18 for lipgloss is a lot but I am willing to spend if it is something I really like. I am looking forward to purchasing more of BE's glosses.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Floridaisa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a delux sample from Sephora. I love it! It's the perfect mauve/brown shade. YLBB on me. Great texture and I love the minty taste.
The only reason I would not purchase is the price. To much $ for gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by mp62406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this lip gloss, and I am in love. It has a nice mauve color to it.. very natural looking. This is my first Buxom lip gloss purchase, but I am sure I will be buying another. I have natural full lips.. but I believe it perfects your lips into a nice pout. Not sticky.. unlike most lip glosses it leaves your lips feeling great...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

I received this (a small version) as a free gift at Sephora and I love it. It's the perfect pink / mauve shade for my pale ivory skin tone. I like the texture - thick but not sticky - and I love the minty / spicy taste (I think this is supposed to be the plumping effect). I have full lips naturally so I can't attest to any plumping but it does create a nice smooth base with a soft sheen. My only two complaints - it's expensive at around $18 for a small tube and it's not that long-lasting i.e. it's not really long wearing. Regardless, I'll definitely be buying this again as soon as my small size runs out. I might even try a few other colors in the Buxom Lips family.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by bbrox

I really like this colour because i can transform it into a nude lip. I dont like that it doesnt plump my lips that much. i have thin lips and i wanted a lip gloss that would make them appear larger. I did feel the tingle, but i didnt see a result. I am so glad that i got it for free at ULTA but I would not get this again.

EDIT- i love this product now. i think it just needed some time to get used to. anyways, this is my fav lip gloss. nice color and i LOVE the tingling feeling it gives me. i will continue to buy even for the price

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by SageWisdom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A lovely mauve - neutral shade. I say neutral because I think this is the perfect mauve shade for all skin tones. I just wish the product had a brush for the lip wand that distributes the same amount of product as the doe foot lip wand. I think a brush would provide a better application. Nevertheless, a must have lip gloss colour @ BE..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by semor211

I love this! Wish the packaging was a little sleeker and that it wasn't as expensive, but I like it a lot and will most likely repurchase when I run out.