September 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Alexa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gives me just the right amount of coverage. It can be built up from a light to an almost heavy coverage, which is obviously based on how much you use. I prefer a light to medium coverage and don't have any problems with it becoming cakey on my face. Someone wanting a heavy coverage may encounter some cakeyness.
I use the shade LIGHT in my MSF Natural and it is a very good colour match for me. I find alot of mac powders/foundations to be very much on the orangey side but the MSF doesn't seem to have that problem.
This looks extremely natural on my skin when worn at a light coverage and alot of people don't even know that I have makeup on. It takes literally seconds to buff this into the skin. I use the MAC 182 Kabuki brush and find that it is the best brush to apply the product.
I can go through one of these powders in just over a month and this isn't ideal due to the price but I have repurchased this over 10 times at least and can honestly see myself using this for at least the next 20 years. I have oily skin and so I find a powder foundation helps to control the oil. I have had dry patches on my face in the past and this MSF hasn't coped well with that. As with all powders, any dryness will be accentuated.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by caitrin87

This broke me out in cystic pimples that are still causing problems weeks later!
I really do not recommend this for girls with sensitive skin!
Shame though, the finish was nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by cjm517

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this stuff. I don't match into most MAC foundations but I am barely dark enough to wear the light color (I would guess I'm about a N10-15). When I first tried this product, I tossed it. I thought it was breaking me out and it didn't suit my combo skin. However, I've normalized my skin some since and tried it again earlier this year and I've never gone back. I absolutely adore this product and have repurchased it probably close to 5 or 6 times. I go through it pretty fast (about 2 mos of daily wear, applied multiple times every day) but I don't mind forking over the $27 to get it. I keep a compact in my purse, in my car, and in my drawer at home.
I use this either as a foundation (very rarely, only when I don't have liquid foundation available... I don't like powder foundation) and as a setting powder. It is a light coverage foundation and adds just that touch more of coverage needed to polish out a look without adding any bulk. It is a truly natural finish and while matte, has some reflective properties that make you look just a tad dewy (even though you're not oily). It keeps foundation in place and mattifies or a couple hours. It doesn't make my foundation go funky when oil finally breaks through but rather keeps looking more and more dewy and beautiful. It photographs extremely well and produces no flashback or a white cast (like many silica based powder products). I wear it with GA LSF and Lasting Silk foundations as well as anything else I want. During the summer, I wear it on top of MAC F&B foundation for a super natural look.
It doesn't irritate my skin or cause it to break out, though many people report that it causes breakouts.
I highly recommend MSFN, it's like my little magic trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this to set my liquid foundation, and it works perfectly. I use a 182 kabuki brush to buff it in and my foundation looks flawless. The finish is generally matte but it does have a small amount of sheen to it, which I love. It gives a great finish to the skin. It isn't a full coverage powder, like the Studio Fix powder, it is more of a light to medium coverage. You can wear it on it's own to reduce shine however I prefer a fuller coverage so wearing it under liquid foundation is my preference. You can build up coverage by adding more in problemed areas, and at the same time, it will not make you appear cakey or as if you work in a bakery like some powders do. Packaging is great, however a compact mirror would be excellent. It is definately worth the price tag, and it is my go-to powder for setting liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by ashleyanne

I really like this product for setting my foundation/concealer!! I would not wear it alone if you want any kind of coverage. It's extremely sheer alone, but for some reason I do get better coverage out of it when I use it as a setting powder. I use a big, very dense kabuki brush with it and it works great for getting plenty of powder out! When I bought my first MSFN I could not find a brush capable of getting any product off the dome so I just set it aside for about a year until I got a new kabuki brush and decided to give it a try and I'm glad I did!! I love love love the finish this gives my face when paired with my NARS Sheer Matte foundation. It gives me a super flawless, matte/satin finish that makes my face look matte with a slight natural shimmer to it. It also makes my face really soft which I love! The key is just finding a dense enough kabuki that can get enough powder off to actually show up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder has great coverage; it conceals my redness and blemishes even when I don't use concealer or foundation, and it makes my pores look tiny. However, it makes me oily within two hours, and it covers my freckles if I'm not careful, making my face look dead. (I also chose a color that's too light for me, but that's my own mistake. With a light hand, the color doesn't look off.) I have to set this with a spray to keep from looking powdery. I go back and forth between loving and hating this product, hence the neutral rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

As the years go by my skin is getting progressively drier and more sensitive. I like the MSF because it is not drying and does not irritate my skin. I do not wear foundation anymore, but I wear sunscreen and therefore I always need to use a powder on top to take off the shine of the sunscreen and set it for the day. The MSF performs this function and its sheer coverage allows my underlying skin to show through (which I really like). I always get compliments that my skin looks so radiant and glowy whenever I have this on... and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't say the same if they saw me without it ;)

I am NC15 and wear this in Light. I apply this with a puff and not a brush because I find brushes scratchy on my face. It would be great if they could add a mirror in the compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why anyone hasn't said this before but there is almost NO COVERAGE with this powder! Maybe it was just the one I got but I found it extremely hard to actually get this powder out of the pan to use it on my face! I used my Makeup Forever kabuki and I thought maybe the synthetic hair was too soft to pick it up....then I used my MAC 187 brush thinking that would be the best way to apply it being that it is what they suggest to use at MAC....still very hard to actually get any product! The time it took to actually get enough product on the brush and onto my face was ridiculous! And I know what you are probably thinking and no I am not the kind of person who over powders my face. When I was actually able to GET IT ON MY FACE I found both the coverage poor and it just didn't seem to do ANYTHING to my complexion or help with ANY oil control. I can't say that it caused any break outs on me because every time I used it I would wind up washing my entire face after about four hours due to its lack of oil control. Usually when a product does not work for me I can often contribute it to the fact that it does not agree with my coloration or skin type but with this product I can't think of anyone that this product would actually work for! It doesn't set your makeup well, there is almost no coverage, It just seems to sit there on your face not doing anything! If you are diehard on using a MAC powder and have oily skin I recommend trying out the Blot Powder applied with a brush and not the puff it comes with(only use it for touch ups). It's one of the only MAC powders that have never caused me to break out and works great at controlling my oily skin. Other then that I highly suggest the Makeup Forever HD powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because I wanted more coverage than I was getting from my MAC Transparent Finishing Powder. I guess since I have purchased so many high-priced cosmetics that the cost wasn't a deterent, but honestly, most women who are used to drug store makeup would balk at paying so much for something they can get a better version of at Walgreens. This is the first MSFN I have purchased, and will probably be the last unless I miraculously have a total skin clear-up and don't need any foundation, concealer, tinted moisturizer, etc. This powder gives me virtually no coverage when worn alone (yes, I have a MAC 182 and other brushes so I'm not putting it on with a puff or anything), but gives me the effect that I hated with Bare Minerals when I used it back in the day: It makes my skin feel kind of greasy, itchy and tacky. It also gives me a sallow look, like I haven't washed my face in days. In stark contrast, when I use it with foundation or even Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer, as I did yesterday, it gives way too much coverage and makes me look super cakey. It also gives no oil control (I have combo skin and my t-zone gets really oily after a few hours) even with NARS mattefying primer, which does much better when paired with the TFP. I didn't even want to use MSFN to blot some of the oil for fear that I would look powdery. I guess I will just have to take more time with my concealers before applying tinted moisturizer or foundation, and use TFP with Guerlain Meteorites for a nicer finish. I bought the next color up for my mom and I hope she's having better luck with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

I bought this after hearing so many people raving about this product. I have quite dry skin and I wanted to use it as a setting powder on top of my concealer (because if I don't my concealer will just come off instantly). The problem I have with this powder is that it makes my concealer look quite cakey, but it also comes off quite quickly. I have hit pan on it because I want to finish it, but I will not be repurchasing this product.