April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by fibowler

I have used so many foundations in the past in the quest for the "flawless complextion", MAC, Yves St Laurent, Chanel, bare minerals, bobbi brown, you name it, I have tried it yet I keep coming back to bourjous 10hr sleep effect, I can't quite believe such an inexpensive high street brand can perform so much better than all the rest! It gives a lovely dewy finish but not overly shiny, i think it makes me look really healthy, I hate heavy cakey foundation and am not a fan of skin that is too matte or powdery, so this is perfect for me. I use the shade 75 in the summer when i have a tan and 73 in the winter. I think it does last well but I suppose if you had oily skin you might want to use a powder over the top. As well as a gorgeous finish you will also have change from a 10 note, iv wasted too much money on expensive foundation that iv used once! Top marks for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by kareneap

My HG everyday foundation! I prefer a dewey during the day because my skin is quite dry so I like adding a sheen to my face that isn't there naturally. I've been using this almost everyday for a month and I'm in love!

It has a really watery consistency so it blends really easily and the coverage is really light and it will not clog your pores. The pump bottle means that you know how much you have left and it's not messy at all. Excellent if you're happy with the way your skin looks but need extra help evening out and brightening up your skin.

If you want a heavier coverage, then I highly recommend Bourjois' Healthy Mix Foundation... they're both great! Thank you Bourjois!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Ellie172

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Foundation, It gives me a flawless look. I have dry-ish skin on my face, and moisturise it once when I take my make-up off in the evening. This foundation is lightweight and medium coverage, decent lasting power, however setting it with a translucent (or appropriate colour) powder will increase the staying power. It comes in a average colour range. However the packaging is not amazing due to the squirty pump on my bottle breaking, this does not effect my thoughts on the product itself and would definatley repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by dollirot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this foundation continuously and solely for over a year, going through about 3 bottles before I left my last bottle at school, so I no longer use it (I use Bourjois Healthy Skin).
    The coverage is very sheer, leaves a dewy finish and the foundation itself is extremely blendable. The colour selection seems to be really good, I use the lightest shade and it is one of the only foundations where I feel I get a good match, though maybe slightly yellower than my actual skintone. The foundation has a lovely scent, in my opinion.
    The downside to this foundation is that it'll look perfect for the first few hours, but then it'll begin to fade until it's barely noticeable. I prefer a more natural look and so it didn't stop me from repurchasing, but my current foundation (Healthy Skin) does seem to last much better. It also left me a little shiny, as one of my less tactful friends told me, however I don't set my foundation, because I hate a powdery look, and this seems to happen with most foundations I use.
    Didn't make me break out and I really liked it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the name - anything that makes me look more rested - I'm SOLD. Great if you have light skin tone, the lightest color is quite pale. I use 73 Beige Clair, which has a nice neutral undertone (I HATE straight up PINK and YELLOW foundations). It is quite expensive in Canada - $26CAD, which is almost MAC pricing. It is really liquidy, runny, light and dewy, with light coverage. But I like all those things - HOWEVER, one thing I just cant take is the SMELL!!! It smells like a cheap perfume! Usually I dont mind scented cosmetics as long as it's a nice smell, but this is really strong and cheap, and it lingers! I might use it when I get borred with something else, but it's definietely not a staple.

*********EDIT*********: I've been wearing this for the last two weeks and I LOVE it! The staying power is great (when used with a primer and set with a powder) and it makes skin look smooth and buttery! I'm changing my morning makeup routine to include this! 5 STARS! (p.s. MAC mineralize skin finish and Smashbox Primer work great with this!)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by SophiaBoniface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin with a slight yellow undertone. This is one of the very few foundations that actually cater to my skin tone.
    It has a very runny consistency and is very sheer and light, which I like as I do not have very bad skin and I find this does not highlight any dry patches. It blends well and does not take ages to dry nor dry too quickly. It does have a scent which can put off a lot of people, it doesn't bother me and I find the smell goes away fairly quickly.
    The pump in this bottle is fantastic, not only can you control how much you like, it's design means there is zero wastage as the bottom of the bottle moves up as you use it. I sometimes find there is a lot of waste in the bottles with the conventional style pumps.
    My greatest disappointment with this foundation was it's poor staying power, by the middle of the day it would seem as it had completely disappeared from my face.
    If you have very oily skin you may want to avoid this foundation, but if you have quite dry skin and you are pale with yellow undertones like me, then this is something to consider.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG! This foundation was a real surprise. For the price you wouldn't expect such great quality. In the UK it was less than 10, and available in any beauty drugstore. I was looking for a lightweight, natural-looking foundation for the warm season, as my Estee Lauder Double Wear was becoming a little too heavy, and I got exactly what I needed. The texture is smooth, the scent is pleasant but not overwhelming, it blends well and matches my fair skintone (I use shade Rose Clair), and the coverage is actually better than you would expect, it manages to conceal minor and medium imperfections. Doesn't make my skin oily, nor dry, never dull. Doesn't break me out. I will repurchase again and again!
    UPDATE: it works wonders when my skin is already flawless. If I have pimples or dullness or dry patches it doesn't do much, the coverage is too sheer. Still, a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Unrequited

I adore this foundation. I have it in 71, and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I find it to be really light weight and lasts all day when set with Urban Decays mattifying powder. It never looks like I'm wearing make-up and it never feels like it either, but it evens out my skin tone and makes it look almost flawless. I find it never wipes off on clothes either, like if you lean of someone it won't leave any foundation marks. The pump dispenses the exact right amount for my face, I never put it on my neck though since it's a perfect match for my skin tone there really would be no point. I've been using it almost everyday for 6 months now, and still on my first bottle.

The coverage is light to medium in my opinion, and I'm not sure it's 10 hours because I still like to use a brightener under my eyes, either way it makes you look healthier and more awake, it just doesn't banish under eye circles, but that's nothing a decent concealer can't do.

Another thing I love about it is the smell, it's smells really delicate and makes me happy in the morning :)

The only downside would be you can't tell how much you've got left, so you could be caught out D: The price is a little more expensive then a lot of the popular foundations, but honestly it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by lovepigeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for over a year now.
    pros:
    It matches my colour well (warm toned pale) due to its yellow base, I only find that if I layer it on too much it can appear a bit orangey on my skin.
    It covers spots / red scars on my chin - no need for concealer.
    It gives a lovely dewy finish that I think makes you look younger (especially compared to the mineral make up I was using before).
    It covers any redness I get on my cheeks / around my nose whilst at the same time being sheer enough to not completely hide my freckles.
    It looks very natural - does not look like you have foundation on.
    I am prone to hormonal spots on my chin and this has never made me break out.
    The packaging with it being in a pump bottle is really good as its hygienic and not wasteful, I apply it with my fingers.
    It is also relatively cheap (8.99 for 30ml, sometimes there are vouchers/offers) since one bottle lasts me over 6 months.
    cons:
    I don't think the colour choice is so good for darker or cool-toned skin.
    Probably would not last in hot weather.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by 22elc08

I love this foundation :) I would describe it as;
    - A lightweight foundation
    - A light - medium coverage, it balances out your skintone, if you dont have too much redness
    - Can have a dewy finish, depending on how much you apply and how much you buff the foundation it
    - There is a small amount of shimmer, but nothing compared to the Revlon photo ready foundation
    - the pump is great
    - however the packaging does look kind of cheap with it being a pinky nude colour