April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2008 7:17:00 PM More reviews by khushi22

It made my eyes go red!! It didn't remove mascara very well ....when i washed my face in the morning i still had bits of mascara coming off! It also made my under eyes go red ...diappointing since its meant to be for sensitve eyes as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good eye makeup remover - it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes like many other eye makeup removers do, & I have the worlds most sensitive eyes, so that is saying something!

It's very easy to pour out the bottle, but sometimes I find that I waste a lot of product because of this.

This takes my eye makeup off (mascara, eyeliner, shadow) suprisingly quickly, & I wake up with no smudges on my eyes the next morning like I do with my other eye makeup removers when they haven't completely taken off every trace of makeup.

Overall, I'd recommend this. It has no fragrance, doesn't irritate my eyes, & moves makeup quickly & easily.

EDIT:- Noticed many people were complaining about it not taking off waterproof makeup. Only oil based eye makeup remover is designed to take off waterproof mascara, so don't blame the product, it's your own fault! =/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've given this one lippy because it does remove eye make up pretty well, but I used it for five days and got THREE stye-like lumps around my eyes. I don't think they were actual styes, because each one lasted about two days before disappearing, only to leave another one in its place. I've never had this kind of problem before. I've stopped using this and my eyes are absolutely fine. If this hadn't caused these problems it would have been a good product, so I suppose it's worth trying to see. But I'm going back to Nivea!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually like this. Surprised that so many people don't. Doesn't sting and does the job with no rubbing. However, I haven't tried it on waterproof make-up so don't feel qualified to give it five lippies! Removes eyeshadow, mascara and kohl eyeliner with little effort.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by gforce7

I only ever wear regular mascaras, ie. not waterproof, and yet I still have to scrub at my eyelashes to remove my mascara with this stuff. Not effective at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by KikiLaRoux

Cheap it may be, good value it 'aint! I have recently embarked upon a quest to scale down my spending on make-up and skincare, and was hoping this would be a replacement for my fantastic Lancome Bi-facil. But alas, this crap stings my eyes, makes them feel hideously dry and scratchy (which lasts well into the next day), and, to add insult to injury, doesn't actually remove makeup! I wear waterproof mascara, so expected to have to work at it a bit, but after scrubbing until my eyes and face were raw i still had a good deal of mascara and eyeliner left on! I will continue the search for a decent cheap eyemake-up remover (any suggestions very gratefully recieved!) but certainly won't be using this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2007 12:43:00 PM More reviews by erotic_snail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this for the first time when my usual eye make up remover ran out and it didn't remove ANYTHING!
My mascara is water resistant so I didn't expect it would take much of that off, but it didn't even smudge my eyeliner which often runs on me and is VERY easy to remove. I scrubbed and scrubbed to no avail before grabbing some olive oil to use instead!
This product is SO bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2007 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Disappointing. Its suppose to be gentle and designed for sensitive eyes. BUT IT STINGS!!! Makes eyes red and sore too!

Horrible and nasty. DO NOT BUY!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2007 7:03:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

don't waste your money!!!!!! i used almay eye makeup remover when i lived in the us and had been so spoiled i didn't realise a remover could be this awful!

i tend to have pretty tough eye makeup to remove - i use a waterproof liner, a mascara base, and a waterproof mascara. never EVER had issues with almay.

not only did this stuff work so horribly i had o scrub my eyelashes to get them clean, the fluid stings my eyes too. booo!!!!

i've since tried the boots generic eye makeup remover - it's alled a lotion, but it's actually liquid. a bit of that stuff on a cotton ball and my eyemakeup is gone. amazing how the generic stuff can actually be better, eh? thank goodness though, my eyes were VERY unhappy with this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm attracted Simple products because they're free of perfumes and colourants and claim to be gentle. Which is great, because I need something gentle yet effective for an eye make-up remover. This is a clear water-like cleanser that claims to remove waterproof mascara. I haven't tried it with waterproof mascara, but it did remove long-lasting formulas like Mac Fluidlines very easily. In fact I did a really dramatic smokey eye recently using Urban Decay Primer Potion, Mac Pigments, Mac Fluidlines, Urban Decay glitter eyeliner and lashings of Diorshow mascara - and it removed everything pretty easily, including the glitter.

It didn't budge Mac Liquidlast though, which is a waterproof liquid eyeliner. Other than this, just a couple of swipes cleaned makeup away easily. Skin was a little dry/taught after, but I always apply an eye cream so this isn't a big concern for me. Great product for the price.

EDIT: I've downgraded this from 4 to 1 star because it started stinging my eyes. My eyes hurt and got bloodshot after every use. Also, I switched from Diorshow to Hypnose (non-waterproof) mascara and this would not budge it. Overall this product appears to be selective about what can remove, which doesn't make it a good choice for an everyday cleanser. continued >>