Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polyglyceryl-4, Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Pentylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Cellulose Gum, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethano, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tristearin, Acetylated Glycol Stearate, Acrylates Copolymer, Butylparaben.

on 10/30/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is NOT for ladies with very oily and/or flakey skin. Just... forget it. You'll end up like a grease ball in a few hours yet it will grip your flakes with the strength of a boa constrictor. I have tried this both as foundation and concealer with different methods of application, and each time I come to the same conclusion: it's hopeless. What started as a very nice & smooth camouflage to cover angry zits will turn into a white broken igloo that actually draw people's attention. It's even worse if your zits have started to flake due to acne medication. Your oil will EAT UP everything but the remains of that white igloo will stand up proudly until you wash your face. Really.

Gave it to my sister and it's HG for her non-oily, non-flakey skin. NC 20 - Opal.

on 10/6/2013 8:17:00 PM

This product provides very good coverage for my sun spots. The only downside is it doesn't sit well on my skin all day and when I use my phone, it transfers to my phone screen. I tried putting bronzer over it and spraying Urban Decay All Nighter LONG-LASTING MAKEUP SETTING SPRAY but still doesn't stay all day. Today, I purchased MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Hopefully this will help set it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

IMPORTANT: I am using this foundation as a CONCEALER. I used to like the concealer from this line but since Lisa Eldrige used this product in that way in her tutorial, I ditched the concealer and bought the foundation instead.

The tube is 30 ml (my favourite concealer used to be Helena Rubinstein Magic Concealer which is 15 ml, I have the shade 02 but I have impression that the formula has been changed and got way more thinner and less pigmented - it is definitely not the same same product, naughty HR!) and you need the tiniest amount as it is so well pigmented although much more liquid than the concealer.

I wish that it had the same shape of packaging as the concealer - I am not very fond of a flat ending of the tube although at least the hole in it is tiny so not too much spillage happens, but I am unable to keep my tube clean and neat looking even with constant wiping after each use with a clean tissue!

I am using 15 Opal which is a tad bit pale but as I need a very thin layer to cover up my undereye area or any mark on my face it works nicely and does not look odd. However 10 Light of concealer is not the same shade - foundation is a bit more fleshy-pink while concealer is a bit more yellow.

It is not 16hrs lasting though - whenever I go out in the evening and I do not have time to redo my makeup I need to top it up, especially on the imperfections (pimples, marks etc.). It also gets into lines under my eyes so I need to use it very carefully there - use it just in the darkest area in the inside corner of my eye otherwise I need to remember to put it out from the lines throughout the day (I do not powder under my eye - way too ageing)!

So far it is my favourite 'concealer' - I've given away my MAC, Bourjois and Estee Lauder ones since i got this half a year ago now, although I am tempted by a new NARS if I am able to find my shade match there.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use this as a tattoo coverup for a conservative workplace. I hate the lack of shade selection, but sand is the match for my inner forearm. on my face none of the shades would be a close match and this is its weakpoint. otherwise, it does a great job covering up my huge tat when paired with a setting powder. which means, this foundation has no problem covering up "heavy discoloration" on the face and should be used as a concealer. I see opal as my next under eye concealer if things start to get dire.

on 7/31/2013 2:03:00 AM

I love this foundation and have repurchased it many times. The coverage is amazing. It's great for my problematic skin and I use it all over my whole face.

There's a few tricks to make it work though:
- It HAS to be sheered out or it will look extremely heavy
- Start with a small amount on your hand, then dab little dots of it on your face
- Using a damp makeup sponge (saturate it with warm water and squeeze out the excess) begin blending the foundation using the press and roll technique (don't rub)
- In areas that you need more coverage or on breakouts, dab on a small amount and blend it with your finger by patting it lightly

It can look a little too matte at first, but once it settles into your skin it has a really beautiful and natural looking finish. It's one of the only foundations I've tried that doesn't cause more breakouts, and it lasts throughout the day on my really oily skin. I recommend using the Complex 15 Daily Face Moisturizer under it because it leaves a matte finish which doubles as a primer. It's $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.

on 7/21/2013 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hate to be the party pooper seeing all the other good reviews, but this foundation was terrible. It looked like I slathered oil all over my face and being really pale, no color matched my face. They all looked greasy.
The foundation highlighted my dry patches and didn't blend well. It didn't offer any coverage for my acne, it just made it more noticeable.
The price was okay, but not worth it. And the packaging was pretty bad, too. It gets really messy really fast. A pump would've been better.
Definitely won't be buying again.

on 7/17/2013 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

ok well i know some people say 'dont use this all over as it will look like a mask !" but i couldn't disagree more. I find this to be one of the better ... actually the BEST at hiding all forms of imperfections (redness, scars, acne) without looking like a mask. In fact i find the finish very natural as long as i dont use too much of the product ! Heres a couple of downsides ... 1. colour range (i am nw30 ) I originally bought nude 25 and while its ok it was not as yellow as i'd hoped and was a touch too light even for my paler winter skin. So i got gold 45 which is just a tad too dark for my skin on its own but mixed with the nude makes a great match and adds the warm yellow tones i needed. Problem solved. Number 2 problem is a small issue with packaging. This foundation is quite runny so u do need to be careful not to squeeze out too much (which i did on the first few uses). Price is ok (around $27 aus depending on where u can find it) and that leads to problem 3 availability ..especially for us Aussies. I bought my first on ebay and second tube on online uk store. Not ideal but i'll just buy a couple of back ups and have them sitting in my cupboard. Overall i thank Lisa Eldridge for putting me on to this makeup (she uses it as concealer mainly on her videos/clients) but i use it as an overall foundation and i think its brilliant !! I have lots of old acne scarring (not deep scars but it has made my skin tone very uneven) and lots of redness and this makes it all disappear. I'm not sure i'll ever go back to a standard drug store foundation ever again. Love Love Love it !

on 7/10/2013 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

PROS:
-Covers my acne scars and redness
-Looks great all day long even on my oily areas
-Goes on best with applied with fingers
-Feels great on my skin

CONS:
-A little pricey, but worth it
-Primer is a must under this foundation or else it will slide.

on 5/10/2013 2:01:00 PM

I'm surprises this foundation has had some bad reviews as for me it is my HG find.

Pros
- covers everything (acne, large pores, unevenness)
- doesn't look caked on
- gives a matte but natural finish
- makes the skin look flawless
- a little goes a long way

Cons

- the packaging means sometime the foundation leaks into the lid which makes me feel like I'm wasting product

apart from that I recommend this foundation to anyone!!!

on 4/25/2013 9:40:00 AM

Aah, I had been looking for a new foundation as I've tried so many recently. I have oily/combination skin and saw this in boots and thought I'd give it a go after reading reviews here. I've always had good skin, but over the last eyar have break outs, shiny t-zone and dry patches (I think from new birth control) so I've been hunting around for a liquid that wont make me shine or breakout.

Everything about the foundation is wrong for me!

It:

Highlights my dry patches even with mouisturiser on.

Looked dry and cakey around my eyes and t-zone

Highlights my pores and leaves my face looking dusty and blotchy.

Is drying and looks pasty the moment I wear it.

I've given it two days and I can't go any further with it, by far the worst foundation I have ever used!