October 25, 2014 | 963 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jjmacdon

Tried this for my sensitive, acne prone combination skin and it was a disaster. Very few colour options, and even with the setting powder it started sliding off by midday. I looked like a shiny streaky mess and had to touch up my whole face repeatedly throughout the day. I switched to Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Foundation and am LOVING it. Conceals my acne scars, doesn't get shiny and stays put all day. I got my money back for the Vichy Dermablend Foundation. It is horrible on combination or oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by basketball1

I have been using this foundation faithfully for about 6 years now. I will never swtich because I love this stuff so much! It does what it says, corrects your skin. I have years and years of acne scarring and this foundation is perfect to cover them up without looking cakey or unnatural. It is also oil free and non-comedogenic so it works good for people will oily acne prone skin. The only downfalls to this is the color range and it can make your skin appear oily on its own. The color range is very limited (like only 4 selections I believe?) so there's not much to choose from. I use nude and put some bronzer on if I'm a little more tanned throughout the year. For the oilyness I use benzoyl peroxide to limit some of the shinyness and Dr. Feelgood by Benefit (its a primer you but on before foundation to reduce oily skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jkahoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this foundation, but sadly it has let me down. If you have oily or acne prone skin, this isn't for you. Like many other reviews, this foundation only lasted about 2-4 hours before starting to slide, making my skin look gross and really accentuating my imperfections (namely large pores and the occasional spot). I cleanse my skin very well, using the Clarisonic brush, as well as using a moisturizer and setting powder. I don't know what else I could possibly do to improve the staying power. Off of the website, this foundation was $29! A pretty big rip off considering it doesn't live up to it's claims. I could buy 3 bottles of Revlon Colorstay for that much...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

Oh Dermablend how I wish I could love you! I have mild to moderate acne rosacea with some acne pigmentation. I also have very blue dark circles and scary spider veins in my eyelids that don't cover well. Vichy Dermablend comes to the rescue and does cover everything nicely although I need extra concealer for the eye circles. Unlike other people, I find that the finish looks fairly natural on me, not caked on and doesn't feel super heavy. However I have 3 gripes with this product and first one is major. I have the lightest shade in opal and its simply too dark for me, I look like i'm applying tan so it looks super fake. I have tried mixing it with white base and other foundations but this simply reduces the effectiveness of the product. Secondly this slides off really badly on my oil T-zone and builds up on the sides of my nose. Its runs immediately into my eye circles and I have to use powder without question. Thirdly I hate the packaging, I always squeeze out too much and I don't think there's much in there to begin with. The coverage is wonderful, yes but I don't think i'd repurchase until the colour range is better. I might try out the stick version though as I know that does come lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is made for skin with pigmentation issues, discoloration, etc. so the coverage is really great. The only thing I will say is that I have very oily skin so this doesn't last very long on me. I would say this would be great for people with normal to dry skin. I can't say that this makes your skin oily but it definitely does not help the issue. What I love about this foundation is that is is really gentle and doesn't feel like it aggravates skin problems. My skin is very sensitive, especially when I was using retin-a. When I have skin issues I tend to always go back to this foundation so I do think it's a really great product. Just wish the staying power was there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

I just got this foundation last week and I'm amazed by the coverage! It covers my not so flawless skin so good! And it also looks really natural! I really like that about it. I think the coverage would be comperable to revlon colorstay, but I think this one looks way more natural! I like this one better :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jorates

I bought this to wear as an undereye concealer and it does the job spledidly; lasts forever. However, if I do not hydrate the area well, It looks very artificial and patchy.
It is pigmented enough to mix with a face moisturizer and that is the only way I wore it on my face, so cannot speak as for the coverage. I find it to have a semi-matte finish. Drawbacks, it can mark lines and the colour selection is rather poor.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by holly92

Great full coverage, natural looking with a light dewy texture! Only problem is the limited range of colour available... in the pharmacy i know that stock it, only has 4 colour options. The first one got too light as i got tanner throughout the year, so i went ahead and got the next colour up but it was too tan :( not bothered to blend the two. I highly recommend this foundation for those with skin problems or pigmentation, it really is full coverage and long lasting, my skin has improved so I have not really wanted to return to this foundation, maybe something a little lighter for the eyebags and occasional spots

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used quite a few Vichy products, including the Vichy Dermablend line. I have tried 2 products thus far: the corrective cream stick and this foundation. First off, this foundation is extremely high coverage. I mean EXTREMELY. Second, the color selection is very limited in the US. I went to England 2 summers ago and saw a much larger selection (wish I bought the product there because chances are, the shade of foundation would match me a bit better...). I did find the Vichy Dermablend line in CVS (in the US) and found it quite expensive there (I believe roughly $30). However, if you are a frequent shopper at CVS, you know that there are some great coupons and always chances to receive extrabucks. If you purchase this from there, use them! I managed to purchase this foundation for about $7-$8 after saving the many coupons and many extrabucks! I did purchase this foundation in 25 Nude and it is my shade during colder months (such as now). I have some bad acne scars and have tried many foundations and concealers to cover up. With this foundation, I definitely do not need a concealer. You only need a very thin layer and blend it rather quickly. Another way to use this foundation is to use a damp sponge. The application will be lighter. I do not entirely love the packaging; I would rather have a pump. It's a squeezy tube and can get messy. Sometimes, if I know my skin is looking bad, I'll put some of this product into a little jar (most of the time it's an old bare minerals jar that has been thoroughly cleaned) and use this from there. It can look drying/cakey if you put too much (like I said... you only need a THIN layer because the coverage is outstanding). It is paraben free, allergy tested, and has been tested on sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin (that is relatively normal, with some dry patches). It has not broken me out at all (and I have been using this for a few months on and off... usually use it when I have bad skin from that lovely "time of the month"... sorry for the tmi!). I do wish there was a larger color selection so that I could purchase a better color for myself in warmer months. I do, luckily, have the cream stick in 2 shades (because I thought of purchasing one of the sticks in England due to the fact I forgot mine), and love them (definitely HG for me!). This foundation... I would definitely purchase it again, however, only for colder months (due to being unable to purchase a color for warmer months).
If you can find a color that matches yours, and you are looking for high coverage... I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Laylabydayla

I need fairly full coverage for pigmentation and rosacea and I have been using this for years now. I use 'nude' in the summer & opal in the winter. I love it it conceals all my red areas and stays. Downsides it can be a bit drying at times but I just change around my moisturising routine. It is hard to remove but I always make sure I do a thorough job removing it cleansing my face with warm water and a really good cleanser x2 then using toner to get any remnants off. It's good if you have imperfections that other make ups won't cover, not everybody needs this though.