September 22, 2014 | 2150 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

Oh Dermablend how I wish I could love you! I have mild to moderate acne rosacea with some acne pigmentation. I also have very blue dark circles and scary spider veins in my eyelids that don't cover well. Vichy Dermablend comes to the rescue and does cover everything nicely although I need extra concealer for the eye circles. Unlike other people, I find that the finish looks fairly natural on me, not caked on and doesn't feel super heavy. However I have 3 gripes with this product and first one is major. I have the lightest shade in opal and its simply too dark for me, I look like i'm applying tan so it looks super fake. I have tried mixing it with white base and other foundations but this simply reduces the effectiveness of the product. Secondly this slides off really badly on my oil T-zone and builds up on the sides of my nose. Its runs immediately into my eye circles and I have to use powder without question. Thirdly I hate the packaging, I always squeeze out too much and I don't think there's much in there to begin with. The coverage is wonderful, yes but I don't think i'd repurchase until the colour range is better. I might try out the stick version though as I know that does come lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is made for skin with pigmentation issues, discoloration, etc. so the coverage is really great. The only thing I will say is that I have very oily skin so this doesn't last very long on me. I would say this would be great for people with normal to dry skin. I can't say that this makes your skin oily but it definitely does not help the issue. What I love about this foundation is that is is really gentle and doesn't feel like it aggravates skin problems. My skin is very sensitive, especially when I was using retin-a. When I have skin issues I tend to always go back to this foundation so I do think it's a really great product. Just wish the staying power was there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by missceline1990

I just got this foundation last week and I'm amazed by the coverage! It covers my not so flawless skin so good! And it also looks really natural! I really like that about it. I think the coverage would be comperable to revlon colorstay, but I think this one looks way more natural! I like this one better :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by jorates

I bought this to wear as an undereye concealer and it does the job spledidly; lasts forever. However, if I do not hydrate the area well, It looks very artificial and patchy.
It is pigmented enough to mix with a face moisturizer and that is the only way I wore it on my face, so cannot speak as for the coverage. I find it to have a semi-matte finish. Drawbacks, it can mark lines and the colour selection is rather poor.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by holly92

Great full coverage, natural looking with a light dewy texture! Only problem is the limited range of colour available... in the pharmacy i know that stock it, only has 4 colour options. The first one got too light as i got tanner throughout the year, so i went ahead and got the next colour up but it was too tan :( not bothered to blend the two. I highly recommend this foundation for those with skin problems or pigmentation, it really is full coverage and long lasting, my skin has improved so I have not really wanted to return to this foundation, maybe something a little lighter for the eyebags and occasional spots

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used quite a few Vichy products, including the Vichy Dermablend line. I have tried 2 products thus far: the corrective cream stick and this foundation. First off, this foundation is extremely high coverage. I mean EXTREMELY. Second, the color selection is very limited in the US. I went to England 2 summers ago and saw a much larger selection (wish I bought the product there because chances are, the shade of foundation would match me a bit better...). I did find the Vichy Dermablend line in CVS (in the US) and found it quite expensive there (I believe roughly $30). However, if you are a frequent shopper at CVS, you know that there are some great coupons and always chances to receive extrabucks. If you purchase this from there, use them! I managed to purchase this foundation for about $7-$8 after saving the many coupons and many extrabucks! I did purchase this foundation in 25 Nude and it is my shade during colder months (such as now). I have some bad acne scars and have tried many foundations and concealers to cover up. With this foundation, I definitely do not need a concealer. You only need a very thin layer and blend it rather quickly. Another way to use this foundation is to use a damp sponge. The application will be lighter. I do not entirely love the packaging; I would rather have a pump. It's a squeezy tube and can get messy. Sometimes, if I know my skin is looking bad, I'll put some of this product into a little jar (most of the time it's an old bare minerals jar that has been thoroughly cleaned) and use this from there. It can look drying/cakey if you put too much (like I said... you only need a THIN layer because the coverage is outstanding). It is paraben free, allergy tested, and has been tested on sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin (that is relatively normal, with some dry patches). It has not broken me out at all (and I have been using this for a few months on and off... usually use it when I have bad skin from that lovely "time of the month"... sorry for the tmi!). I do wish there was a larger color selection so that I could purchase a better color for myself in warmer months. I do, luckily, have the cream stick in 2 shades (because I thought of purchasing one of the sticks in England due to the fact I forgot mine), and love them (definitely HG for me!). This foundation... I would definitely purchase it again, however, only for colder months (due to being unable to purchase a color for warmer months).
If you can find a color that matches yours, and you are looking for high coverage... I highly recommend this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Laylabydayla

I need fairly full coverage for pigmentation and rosacea and I have been using this for years now. I use 'nude' in the summer & opal in the winter. I love it it conceals all my red areas and stays. Downsides it can be a bit drying at times but I just change around my moisturising routine. It is hard to remove but I always make sure I do a thorough job removing it cleansing my face with warm water and a really good cleanser x2 then using toner to get any remnants off. It's good if you have imperfections that other make ups won't cover, not everybody needs this though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Marivale

Compré esta base para unificar el tono de mi piel, y como base de larga duración (para eventos). Es tan cubritiva que puede usarse incluso como corrector de ojeras. El resultado es muy bueno y resulta muy natural, además tiene FPS35.
Sin embargo el acabado es bastante mate, lo que le quita luminosidad a la cara. Opté por usarla mezclada con la MAC Face & Body, para lograr un acabado satinado.
Estoy muy conforme

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Sand to use during summer when I'm more tanned. The product has great coverage but is not easy to apply evenly, I tried with my fingers, foundation brush, flat brush and wet sponge. The last one worked the best for me.

The sad thing is that the only pro I found was the coverage. On me, this foundation lasted only 3 hours leaving an oily mess on my face. I applied this before breakfast and 30 minutes later my face was already shiny. Yes, I use primer and a matting product but those didn't help at all. Another con was that it oxidized quickly so the color turned to an orangy darker shade that looked awful. It also caked quickly and made my pores and fine lines more obvious.

I don't think this works for very oily skins or dry skins. Of course, we are all different so you may want to give it a chance if you're looking for a medium-full coverage foundation and if you find a color that really matches your skin tone. Just don't be surprised if you find that the color has changed to a darker shade.

ETA [23/01/2013]: I used Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this foundation with a tiny drop of moisturizer and got a nice base to work with. The result is more natural and blendable, the coverage depends on how much moisturizer you've used. The best thing was that the color didn't change. Maybe this tip will help you, specially if you find this foundation too heavy and difficult to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
- high coverage. I have really really bad hyperpigmentation/acne scarring and this guy did a good job covering it. Unfortunately that's as far as the pros go.

Cons
-Mask like. Very thick and heavy feeling and therefore lead to clogged pores and break outs. It wasn't that bad though..I mean only minor pimples and not cystic acne thank god. But still..a break is a breakout.
- in general very unflattering, doesn't give a natural finish. It looks like you've painted over your face and its too obvious that you have foundation on.