July 29, 2014 | 1239 users online

Blush - Smashbox - O-Glow

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ConversePrincess55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because the general idea of it is genius. I reallly like the color, but it's not as natural as you'd expect it to be. Just a smdigen too fuschia for me. I'm not sure if anyone else had a problem with this, but it seemed oily when I was putting it on. I'm not sure if it was my moisturizer or the blush itself. Also, the blush must be used in many, many, many, MANY thin layers that will wear off in a few hours. Also, I've ony used this once and the tube already looks noticeably emptier. \

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by lemongrenades88

What I like about this product is the texture when you put it on your face. I feel like it makes my skin so smooth, dewy and silky.

However, it does come off quite easily. Sometimes, the tint it leaves on my cheeks is also too light and it's a bit difficult to make it darker since you don't really have any control of the color. The price you pay for it is definitely not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 8:02:00 AM More reviews by hwnpunch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this gel blush in a masters class set months ago and as a part of a set it was a good value. Sold separately I think it's a bit overpriced. I do like this blush when I'm looking for a natural flush. Applied with a light touch this can look very natural and the color is buildable. If you aren't careful you can make yourself look a bit clownish in natural light if overdone. It took me a few tries to know how much was right for my skin tone. Unless you are very fair (which I am not) It can take a few minutes for the full color to show up making it hard to tell exactly where you've applied, how even and how much at first. This is a product I usually find myself double checking in the mirror before I leave the house. I will say that it does last longer than the average powder blush. I wouldn't mind getting this as part of another set but I would not go out of my way to purchase it separately. Anything that I have to check to see how evenly it's "developed" on my face before I leave my house is not worth $26.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by joshquinto

i know this product has a lot of mixed reviews.. i kinda like it.. it's pinky when you first put it on but after 5 mins..it lightens up.. i look more flushed with this than regular powder blush.. it lasts me sometimes up to 6 hours looking flushed... i prefer tarte's blushing bride!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by aznbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's about $30 CDN here, so I didn't get it. I tried it on at the store and it made my cheeks very rosy. I would favor this effect for a night time look, but it would be too much for daytime. What really turned me off was that it did not stay on my face for the rest of the day. I also noticed, as it faded/slipped off, my foundation around the cheek came off with the O-Glow too!

I'm not gonna lie - personally Smashbox is such a gimmicky brand and this product confirms my perspective. The blush is supposed to self-adjust its color to the wearer? Everyone I've asked says it gives them heavy pink cheeks. Like I said, it works for a party look but what good does it do if it doesn't stay on? Worst of all, it's a high end brand, so I'm surprised the product erases foundation underneath. Aside from the color, this product is utter crap for the price you have to pay for it. I'm sorry for being so blunt.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1025

I love Smashbox but this is just a waste of money.
Starts off as a nice shade then it's gone after 20 minutes. Makes my pores near my nose seem larger too. I can't seem to make it stay on liquid foundations or mineral powders.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by bubbletea1212

I heard mixed reviews on the product and wanted to try it out.
Pros: packaging, kind of works.. It seems to be just the same shade of pink every time for me, but it is a different shade every time for a friend of mine. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing..
Cons: price-$26. The tube isn't too big and the product isn't as amazing as it sounds.
Tested it on my hand too and seemed to just make it look swollen or I drew on myself with a weird shade of pink highlighter..
Wish I could love this product, but Do not recommend :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mlinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved how this looked in the store when I put a little on. After about 4 once-daily applications, my face started feeling all bumpy, like orange peel. The same thing had happened once before...when I used another Smashbox product! About two weeks later, my skin is finally starting to feel normal. I'm done with Smashbox.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this ages ago, and it has been sitting in my collection ever since. At first, I didn't like it very much because I felt it didn't really do anything. The other day, I grabbed it, and instead of using my fingers (which I usually do), I grabbed my 168 brush, squeezed a bit on, and dabbed it on my cheeks. It was SO nice. It gives such a nice flush. Even though I got this off eBay for cheaper than the retail, I probably won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by athnamas

I purchased this on sale, so even though it too expensive for what it is, I'm glad I got it to try it out.
I ended up loving the colour. I think it looks absolutely fantastic, but keep in mind that it is not a colour for everyone. Its not natural looking, and I love it, because I personally hate that bronzed or peachy look on myself.
Obviously all the claims about the "personalized colour" that adjusted to your skintone/blood vessels are false, and it is mostly a marketing gimmick, but I ended up really loving the result.
I thought I had found the blush I was going to be using for the rest of my life (seriously), but I started to break out exactly where I was applying the blush. What a bummer. And a dealbreaker.
And like I said earlier, it is far too expensive (near $30).

Even though I wouldn't buy this again, I would still go back to my tube from time to time to try it again because I like the colour so much.