October 20, 2014 | 1551 users online

Treatments (Face) - Boots - no7 Protect and Perfect beauty serum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

My friend basically insisted I try this because of the hype he heard, so I did. Well, fortunately it was super cheap, but unfortunately, it didn't live up to the hype. It did feel very siliconey and seemed to just kind of "sit" on top of my skin. It seemed to feel a bit like a primer that wasn't very moisturising. I didn't have any adverse reaction to it, but it just didn't do much for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by brooklyntbone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I fell for the hype. I bought it. I used it. It did nothing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by babbakins

I think it says something about the brainwashing from the media, that women would consider 17 for a tiny tube of useless water-silcone mix 'good value.' Yes, if you're gullible enough to spend 80 on a face cream, then I suppose it sounds cheap as chips, but othetwise is daylight robbery for something that probably cost mere pennies to produce (look at the ingredients: all cheap silicones and preservatives, yuck).

Anyway, I was so fed up with the tiny lines on my cheeks that I felt it was worth at least trying this formula out as a 'last resort.' I've tried many, many anti-wrinkle creams in the past, L'Oreal, Laboratoire Garnier etc, none of which made the slightest difference to my skin.

I was disappointed to find this serum worked no better. I have used it for five weeks now and there is absolutely ZERO difference, to be exact, other than I have some extra blackheads on my nose and forehead, probably due to the high silicone content of the product. (Silicone is renowned for blocking pores.)

I was also annoyed to find the 'miraculous' discovery of this product's efficacy was through tests funded by Boots themselves, what a surprise.

Overall conclusion: I will never buy any more anti-wrinkle products, ever again! Can I have my 17 back please?

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by AngelaW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

REally didn't like this. Got it in a sample and hated it so much I only used it once - rare for me as I like to try samples properly. Dried my skin out and felt very 'silicone-y' - very wierd sensation on my skin. I'm used to using brands like Ren and Caudalie that are much more 'natural' and so I really am not used to/do not like the silicone feel. I'd rather pay more for a Ren product than use this - so although it is not expensive I have scroed it low on price because I think it is bad value.

EDIT - I have now started to use this on a sun-damaged area of my chest because I'm not so picky about the siliconey feeling when it's not my face. It seems OK - not a miracle worker by any means but then this area is quite badly lined. I'll carry on using it as I've not found anything else at this kind of price that I think is any better. But I still don't think it's great value because the bottle is actually pretty small and you do get through it quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ygvo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this originally for my mom. She had an allergic reaction and her skin got red, tender and sensitive. It took over a week for her to get over it. I decided to give it a try (after testing in a small area first) to see if I was allergic. I'm not allergic but I did notice that after I exfoliate or take of really intense eye makeup, the skin around my eyes react the same as my mothers.
I know I am young and this product might be too intense so I use it sparingly. It is particularly useful after continuous days of no/little/lack of sleep (less than 2 hours a night for more than a week at a time). I only apply to eye area and mouth area, which really does revitalize me.
This product does not moisturize and I know I do not react well to silicone. I get small bumps so I lay off the product for a while.
I am impressed with the bottle and pump.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Elaine153

This is a nice serum which is a nice treat for the skin. But overall i havent seen it do anything different to my skin and it doesnt appear to have reduced pores!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 7:26:00 AM More reviews by SimoneNelson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I previously posted that I had had an allergic reaction to this range - I was using everything! However I had withdrawal symptons and not only because I live fairly remotely I tried to go back to using it after a break of two or three weeks, and I am pleased to say that I was able to do so without any reaction.

So clearly it was something else that caused me to react to Protect & Repair in the first place. One was I had been bitten by a tick - and it happens all the time where we live, but I hear they are being blamed for a lot of other reactions these days. Secondly a friend had given me a lavender based facial cleansing soap which I had used only once - it was very drying, and I already have a dry skin. Normally I use nothing other than water on my face because of the dryness...! I must try a little area... to see if it was the culprit!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:27:00 AM More reviews by hotpeenk

i bought this for $25CAD at Shoppers after i heard/read all the hype about this. i'm almost done using the tube and all i have to say is NO. doesn't do a thing for me, makes my skin sorta soft but silicone like. definately will NOT purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by londonlass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only thing I can say about this product is that it made me look like a teenager, but not in a good way! I don't have many lines, but my skin is dry and tired-looking so I thought this product might give me a lift. The No 7 consultant advised my to use this under a moisturiser, but I felt it was too rich for that. I did enjoy using this cream. It felt gorgeous to apply and made my skin feel soft and moisturised. I wasn't impressed enough to want to buy it as my skin did not actually look any better and there wasn't any difference in the appearance of my fine lines. After using it for 2 weeks I had a close-up look in the mirror and I was horrified. My skin was absolutely covered in blackheads and blocked pores. My skin had not been this bad since my teens. I had to go out and buy some masks and spot products to clear my skin up. I stopped using Protect and Perfect immediately and the blackheads have not come back. If you have exceptionally dry skin this might be worth trying, but it's not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by kanonlin

I bought this as I run out of my hydrating serum, and I thought I give this a try when I have been trying to find a cheaper replacement

The price attracted you to buy in the first place, I was given a nice make up palette as well as gift.

I used this during a very hectic tour, and unfortunately other than red spots, pores it does nothing to my skin. I thought it comes down to the lack of sleep and travelling, but as soon as I stop using it, all the problems are gone.

I have a very young looking look, and I thought this might help to preserve my skin condition. It might be too nutritious for my skin and my skin simply rejected it.

I like the texture, and I tried to experiment by putting all over my neck.. but it didn't really work, my neck didn't feel any effect.

I might recommend this to someone older (at least 35 yrs old) as my mom like the product a lot she replaces her La Mer collection for over 1 yr. For me, too young to use at all