September 22, 2014 | 1003 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2007 3:50:00 AM More reviews by LuckiestLiz

When I first bought this moisturizer, I loved it. However, I soon began to expect a correlation between this lotion and a negative reaction. I persisted use, thinking it could be something else, and what a mistake. It burned terribly on contact, followed with red blotchy skin and an ever so slightly sticky feel after the lotion sinked in. Needless to say - it did not agree with my skin. The lotion felt alright otherwise, it wasn't heavy nor too runny, but I didn't appreciate the finish too much - not really matte, a teeny bit ... tacky? I can't get over how irritating it was for me, though, so anyone with sensitive skin may want to try a sample first!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 9:03:00 AM More reviews by kelly0706

I've tried a sample of this and will probably purchase a full size. It is a nice light moisturizer, sinks into the skin quickly, and doesn't seem to cause breakouts. I have combination skin, someone with very dry skin might need more moisture. Also like the fact that is is unscented and contains antioxidants.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2007 2:42:00 AM More reviews by temperlyne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was quite pleased with Paula's balancing moisture gel but I felt my skin needed more moisture, specially in winter time so I switched to this.
I do not care for the bottle. The mouth easily gets clogged and it is impossible to get the last of the product out which feels like a useless waste.
The lotion itself dries very quick, so quick that it can be hard to evenly spread it around my entire face without tugging.
What I like is the lack of fragrance, the added antioxidants and the completely non-greasy feeling without a matte finish. It moisturizes a bit more than the balancing gel but not enough to take care of flakey skin.
It's not the perfect moisturizer for me so I will keep searching.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2007 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I tried 2 samples of this last week. While I like the Hydrating cream (and my husband loves it), I'm looking for something more lightweight for summer. I have previously used Avene's cream for irritable skin, but I can't get it where I live now. This moisturiser seems to fit the bill pretty well: it is very light, has no scent that I notice, and no sunscreen (I use a separate SPF40 sunscreen). I like it. Good quality product, for those of us who don't want perfume and other unnecessary irritants on our facial skin. Will probably buy this. UPDATE: I have bought and used a bottle, and I love it. The only problem I have is the price - expensive. Why have PC prices gone up so much over the last year or so? Add to that the exorbitant p&p charged in Europe... I want to boycott them. But I do like this lotion. So I'll look for something else and meanwhile keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 3 lippie rating only because this works OK for me at night, but I hate it during the day because it leaves my skin feeling sticky almost. I prefer moisturizers that disappear into the skin after application. I hate the pump and my plastic cap is all cracked. UPDATE: I changed this to 4 lippies because it works great at night and I'll just have to find a different moisturizer for the daytime.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by happy2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging just plain sucks. Paula, these pumps have to go -- there are plenty of nice pumps out there, or maybe consider a squeezable tube? That aside, I like this product and am kind of surprised so many people aren't so fond of it. It's a very simple, maybe even blah, kind of product, but the texture is nice and it sinks in well. Doesn't sting like so many things seem to (for me, anyway). I have not detected a smell/scent and I've bought a couple bottles of it already...can't help but wonder if there was a bad batch or something...?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pallid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, I generally love Paula's products, but I am disappointed with this one. Good things: It left my skin soft and soothed, didn't seem to break me out, and was fine under makeup. BUT: I used and liked the non-greasy moisturizer, and I can't believe this replacement for it smells worse (I returned it because I can't get past the smell- and I LOVE fragrance free products and most of them, even if they have a slight unpleasant smell, don't bother me- this one smells gross and makes me gag) and costs so much more for half the product- the ingredients can't be that that much more expensive! Luckily I found a swapper with some non-greasy left- but what will I do when it's used up?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by curlysmith

Nice light product that leaves a slightly greasy residue. My skin must love it because I noticed how good my skin looked at the hairdressers last week - in spite of the cape and bad lighting! I like the pump packaging but you do get a "ball" of dried product that settles in the pump overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply don't know what smell people are talking about -- I have not had a problem with this. I like the hydralight moisturizer because it has no s/s, no scent, no nothing that could irritate my super sensitive skin. I had been using PC's skin recovery moisturizer for all of those same reasons until this came along -- the texture of this is much more satisfactory to me. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ahusk75

Tried a sample of this, I have combo skin with oily t-zone but unfortunately this was just not moisturizing enough for the rest of my face. Didn't care for this at all although I've had success with some of her other products.