April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Moisturizers - Paula's Choice - Hydralight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by happy2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packaging just plain sucks. Paula, these pumps have to go -- there are plenty of nice pumps out there, or maybe consider a squeezable tube? That aside, I like this product and am kind of surprised so many people aren't so fond of it. It's a very simple, maybe even blah, kind of product, but the texture is nice and it sinks in well. Doesn't sting like so many things seem to (for me, anyway). I have not detected a smell/scent and I've bought a couple bottles of it already...can't help but wonder if there was a bad batch or something...?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pallid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, I generally love Paula's products, but I am disappointed with this one. Good things: It left my skin soft and soothed, didn't seem to break me out, and was fine under makeup. BUT: I used and liked the non-greasy moisturizer, and I can't believe this replacement for it smells worse (I returned it because I can't get past the smell- and I LOVE fragrance free products and most of them, even if they have a slight unpleasant smell, don't bother me- this one smells gross and makes me gag) and costs so much more for half the product- the ingredients can't be that that much more expensive! Luckily I found a swapper with some non-greasy left- but what will I do when it's used up?

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by curlysmith

Nice light product that leaves a slightly greasy residue. My skin must love it because I noticed how good my skin looked at the hairdressers last week - in spite of the cape and bad lighting! I like the pump packaging but you do get a "ball" of dried product that settles in the pump overnight.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I simply don't know what smell people are talking about -- I have not had a problem with this. I like the hydralight moisturizer because it has no s/s, no scent, no nothing that could irritate my super sensitive skin. I had been using PC's skin recovery moisturizer for all of those same reasons until this came along -- the texture of this is much more satisfactory to me. Good stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by ahusk75

Tried a sample of this, I have combo skin with oily t-zone but unfortunately this was just not moisturizing enough for the rest of my face. Didn't care for this at all although I've had success with some of her other products.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2007 2:11:00 PM More reviews by InColor

Not all that bad...I think this lotion brings just the right amount of moisture to the places you need it most..but it may not be enough for some people. I would repurchase because I haven't experienced any problems with it but the smell...can be quite plastic like.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2007 5:57:00 AM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is prone to extremes: on its own it tends to be just slightly oily, but it easily becomes extremely oily or extremely dry due to products. Moisturizers are my biggest struggle, because when my skin gets dry it gets dry enough to need some serious moisture, but anything too heavy turns it into an oil slick. I got a sample of this stuff hoping it would be more hydrating than many of the moisturizers aimed at those with oily skin, while still being non-greasy. Well, it lives up to the non-greasy part. I can definitely say this had a soft, non-oily feeling on my skin and absorbed well. However, it was definitely not as moisturizing as what I needed on my dry areas, and did nothing to combat the flakiness. Would probably leave a nice, soft base for make-up on someone with normal to slightly oily skin, but for anyone who actually needs hydration, I can't imagine this being enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by awful_cherry

This is a great, light lotion, just as advertised. I don't use it often enough to know whether it will break me out, but it hasn't caused any short term problems. The only thing is I'm not sure how useful it is for me. I use something heavier at night and I use sunscreen during the day, so I have no real need for a light lotion without SPF. I could see myself using this during the day when I'm not going outside or possibly at night during the summer. I have 5 sample packets so whether I repurchase will depend on how often I use those. I do like that Paula avoids fragrances, dyes, and other useless but irritating ingredients in her products. If you do prefer a very light moisturizer at night or like a light moisturizer under your sunscreen during the day, I recommend this one for the antioxidants.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 1:17:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I generally have oily skin, but we've been experiencing some colder-than-usual weather for longer than usual where I live, and my skin has suddenly become drier than usual. I love PC Skin Balancing Moisture Gel, but it just hasn't been enough lately to keep the flakies at bay. So I've begun a search for a product to use at night that is a little more moisturizing but won't make my acne-prone skin break out. I ordered a sample of this lotion to try it out. The pros: It had the right amount of moisture for my winter-affected skin, it feels light, and it didn't make me break out. The con (and it's a big one): On me this moisturizer had serious absorbtion problems. The sample packet had enough product to use two nights. The first night, the lotion remained a bit greasy and sticky on the surface of my skin. The second night was even worse; the lotion balled up and flaked off! The lotion also had a strange plasticky smell that was rather unpleasant. This is absolutely not for me. My search for a winter night moisturizer continues. Ingredients: Water, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol Isoceteth-3 Acetate, Squalane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cholesterol, Oat Kernel Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Cranberry Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Phytosphingosine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

UPDATE: this turned bad 6 months after my purchase from PC website. It started stinking and went straight to the trash. Too bad. That was a decent moisturizer.

I'm loving this moisturizer. This is all my extremely acne prone sensitive dry/combination skin needs in winter. My skin has been freaking out in the past few months because of all the cold and wind - and became a dehydrated mess (with pimples, nevertheless). The BHA alone helped with zits yet dried my skin out even further. This moisturizer used with Paula's BHA/AHA has helped to improve my skin condition tremendously. It also soaks in well and leaves a subtle sheen, which I love. I'm so happy this didn't break me out - I think this is very safe for us acne-prone gals. Finally, I can put something to moisturize my skin without running the risk of waking up with a face full of zits and clogged pores! I also liked the original Completely Non-Greasy formula but this one is better. Highly recommend for anyone acne-prone in need of moisture.