October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by hanulka

This is the best mineral foundation I´ve ever tried. I´ve tested EDM, Fyrinnae, Coastal Scents and Lumiere Cosmetics, but none of them gave me matte effect withou drying. Then I came across Meow and I fell in love :-) This gives my natural look, my nose and chin stay matte for a couple of hours, the package seems to last forever, it doesn´t dry my face out and it masks all imperfections. I don´t like other Meow products, but this one is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

So I had spent around 2 months trying to fine my HG foundation...in that time I tried Mineral Silk and EDM. Before that I had been wearing BE in Medium Beige for 2 years even though it wasnt the perfect colour match. I really thought that BE was the best makeup ever as prior to that i was wearing Chanel and Benefit foundation...which always felt like wearing a mask to me. I used BE products for 2 years...foundation and EVERYTHING in between..only to discover that it was the culprit to my breakouts and itching! I had no idea what bismuth oxychloride was until i read about it in another forum and was shocked that I had been putting it on mys kin for so long!
Ok..so then I tried Mineral Silk..which IMO was quite drying and there was no colour match for me. Also it had sparkles in the foundation which i did not really like and it also made me look ashy! Then moved on to EDM..found my colour match in Olive Medium..loved original glo formula..the rest of the formulas made me break out. Only problem was..it made my pores appear larger and looked quite chalky even though i blended it VERY well into my skin. Shortly after that I found Meow...got some samples..JEN on the forum was very helpful with picking out my shades..found my perfect match in Naughty Manx and have been wearing that ever since. The foundation is so lovely and finely milled that i can even apply it nicely with my fingers. Not drying,doesnt streak, no reactions and looks flawless. You can layer it on and it will not look cakey. Foundation TUB is HUGE and will probablly last me 2 years! If you are looking for a good MMU line..THIS is it! Do give i a try!

Update: So I have been wearing this for about 2 months now and recently decided to give my EDM foundation samples another go...I found my perfect match in Olive Light (I am asian with lots of yellow and peach undertones). I tried it in O glo and I fell in love with the luminosity of this product and have been wearing it everyday until recently I noticed that EDM really sinks into pores/fine lines! This is NOT good coz I'm only in my early 20's. But I really do LOVE the Oglo formula and have not come across another MMU compnay that has the same formula..so I was not ready to give up until I've tried to work a way around it. So today I put on my Meow and guess what?? It did not sink into lines/pores or anything! Instead it just gave me a nice smooth, airbrushed looking finish (without the glow) but hey who cares?? I don't have foundation in my lines!! I also found that Meow is a little drying so if you have dry skin: you must wear a good primer/moisturiser under this foundation. I'm wearing Naughty Manx pampered puss and this formula IMO, does not have medium coverage unless you build up 7-8 layers. But I don't have bad skin so 2-3 layers is ok for me..you can still see some flaws but it's enough to even out skintone and just make me look fresh faced and well groomed. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you were going clubbing. Rubs off real quick! But there are a few things you can do to stop this happening: 1. apply primer 2. apply foundation wet, stippling it. 3. apply finishing powder and do touch ups throughout the night!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by meow-mix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched to Meow after using MAD minerals for a while. Meow has good coverage without the white (titanium dioxide?) cakiness I got from MAD. I have sensitive skin, slightly oily in the T-Zone. I am NC20 and Frisky Chartreux is my perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by victoriaroxursox

I've been using pampered puss foundation this winter. I got frisky Korat, which was too pale for my NC 30-35 skin, but I could sort of pull it off. I decided to use it up because, well, I paid for it! It does feel lightweight on your skin, it did not irritate my skin, either. However, because I have oily skin and acne scars, it did not conceal as much as I would have liked, and its oil control properties left much to be desired. Overall, though, I think I would rebuy it to use in summer. I'm going to a humid country so I think the lightness of the foundation will be nice, and hopefully I'll get a better color match! Pampered Puss isn't great, but it's not bad either. Worth a shot, at least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Asian NC35 skin matches 'naughty abyssinian' 'naughty korat' and 'naughty manx' but I decided to go with 'naughty korat' for my full-size order. I've been using PP in naughty korat for a month now and love it (originally gave this 4 lippies but bumped it up to 5 after 1 month of daily use). My skin is red with light acne scaring but the coverage is enough to tone down the redness and acne scars. Here's what I do: (1) moisterize moisterize moisterize, (2) apply foundation while my skin is still moist, then (3) apply premier puss primer for oily skin on T-zone. The coverage sucks if you apply to un-moist skin..this is why I apply primer AFTER the foundation. Also, if the acne scars aren't too dark, I'm able to use the foundation as a concealer using a concealer brush. No itchy-ness. No break-outs. As for oil control: I still need to blot my nose throughout the day but my skin doesn't ever feel 'heavy'...except for my nose, my skin doesn't get as shiny (compared to without...my skin is REALLY oily).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by cathomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've only recently been experimenting with mineral makeup products and I stumbled across meow cosmetics and ordered a few samples from them. I purchased the pampered puss frisky ocicat foundation. I have to say that this foundation matches my skin so well that it literally disappears into my skin. I'm a Caucasian/African-American mix so sometimes it's tricky to find the right foundation, but Meow has a quite extensive foundation collection.
I love the way this foundation wears. It doesn't make my skin itchy or break out. I like the fact that they have the munchkin size products that way if you don't want to shell out 20+ for the full size foundation, you don't have to. I would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Nokomi

I saw this first on Judy's Youtube Channel. It has light to medium coverage with no shimmer like BE has.
I am Mac NC20 and BE Fairly Light and Siamese (Neutral) and Frisky is my shade. They look darker on the website. Frisky looks way too dark on my computer and it's closer to BE Fairly Light than Sleek. (I have both at home) Sleek was way too light. I did notice that this one has a little bit less coverage than BE, so I think next time I might get the heavier one. My only complaint is that it does not last as long as BE does and now that they have a matte formula out I might not repurchase. However my skin is oily so take that with a grain of salt. The samples are so cheap this is worth checking out. It's also perfect for setting your liquid foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On my never ending search for the perfect mineral foundation, I came across this version by Meow Cosmetics. I was currently using Merle Norman's mineral foundation and loved the coverage, but the shimmer was starting to annoy me. I was looking for a truly matte product and this does not fit the bill. I see that reviewers are disagreeing about the finish of this. Some say it's matte, others say it leaves a slight dewy appearance. If you stick your finger in the product and swipe it across your wrist, you will notice very small specks of glitter. It's subtle, but the more you build it up, the more apparent the glitter becomes. So, if you only need a very light application, you will barely notice it.

One thing I noticed while wearing this foundation is that it made my face feel oilier than normal right away. I actually had to reapply finishing powder before I left the house (within a half hour). So, although I found a lovely match with Frisky Sphinx (I'm a MAC NC20), this is not my holy grail and the search continues.

EDIT: Blech!! By the end of the day, I can not WAIT to wash this off. It starts to feel very heavy and itchy and my skin feels super irritated. 1 more lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried 4 different mineral makeup brands before I tried Meow. The other brands made me look chalky, caused me to break out. I experimented with their samples to find my correct color (they're only $1 each and they have a huge color range) and finally found 2 shades that work really well with my skin tone. Meow settles with your skin tone and stays on pretty well. I have both Purrfect Puss and Pampered Puss. I can wear Pampered Puss all the time, no problem. But with my sensitive skin I can't wear Purrfect Puss if I'm going to be out in the sun or sweating, because the skin by the sides of my nose will start to burn. I don't have this problem with Pampered Puss. I really like how my skin looks with Meow's foundation, and I like how my sensitive skin acts, too, as I've had far less breakouts in the 6 months that I've been using mineral makeup than I had previously when I was using MAC StudioFix. I also like the fact that Meow is pale enough for me. My MAC was too dark, even in the lightest shade. I feel like this is a good quality product, especially for the price. Plus, Meow has sales rather often, so you can get their foundations at 15% to 25% off. Their samples are $1.00 only, so you can purchase several shades for cheap until you find the color that works best for you. The Munchkin sizes range from $10.95 to $14.95 depending on the coverage you choose, and the Large size (which is huge, 30g net wt), ranges from $21.95 to $26.95. I only have to use one layer of product to achieve my desired level of coverage, and I don't have to use primer. I have normal, sometimes slightly dry skin, so I always moisturize well before I put on my foundation. This will last all day on me, and I will only occasionally have to touch up (say after I've had it on for 8 hours), but I know that I don't have typical skin. Regardless I definitely recommend this foundation. It is now my Holy Grail foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Must admit that I was looking for a mineral foundation for quite some time and I've ordered even Pure Luxe, Lumiere and others, but this is the foundation that got me really impressed!

I really like Meow's descriptions on their site cause they were much of a help for me nad thanks to them I chose the right color - Frisky Chausy (during winter time) and Naughty Chausie (during summer time, when I get some tan).

Anyway, I was so surprised how amazing it looked on my skin! None foundation ever looked like that! It feels like silk on skin, it's not heavy and I really don't feel like I have anything at all on my skin. I like the way it makes my skin look even since I have this slight discoloration (bit of redish flakes on my skin sometimes). Beside that, I like it's price cause it's really not expensive at all. The only thing I don't like is packaging - I like that jar, and it holds really tight but that sifter makes me nervous every time I'm trying to get some foundation out of it :)))
However, that's something that really isn't the most important thing when it comes to product quality.