December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bluepineapple59

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

ORIGINAL
I was tossing up whether to give this a 4 or a 5, beacause it is a beautiful foundation. However, I gave it a 4 because I think that, even though this looks beautiful, purrrfect puss looks even better. That said, this formula is designed for those with very sensitive skin, so if you have sensitive skin try both and see what works for you.

EDIT I changed my mind. The pampered and purrfect formulas are equally lovely, they just cater for different needs. The purrrfect formula offers light coverage and is the most natural looking, while the pampered formula offeres light to medium coverage and is more layerable, yet still natural. I ended up purchasing one of each: purrrfect for day, pampered for night. They are both suitable for sensitive skin, but pampered is more so. Also, while all three formulas can work for oily skin, pampered is most recomended, followed by flawless and then purrrfect. So I have decided that these are both equally lovely foundations which suit slightly different needs. They are both very finely milled and go on beautifully. I recomend getting a sample of at least 2 formulas before purchasing.

Also, Sleek Chausie is my first true match ever. Before this I wore Shu Uemura #584 face architect liquid illusion which was a good undertone match. I also had #364 in the powder foundation, however I much prefer meow for colour match and texture. Meow offers something like 12 undertones so there is something for everyone. Meow is also great for those who are really fair, even albino white, because even if the lightest shade is too dark, they offer one which is white and can be mixed with it or worn alone. Just be careful becuase they are lighter then you might think. I'm usually the lightest or occassionally second lightest shade and I'm a #2, which is 3rd lightest. Also the picture look different of differnent monitors so read the descriptions and if your not surer send an email or post a picture on the forum.

BTW cost is $23.95 for 3oz/85g full size jar and $12.95 25g Munchkin jar ($2 more than purrrfect, $2 less than flawless). All samples are $1 each. (As of 1/Oct/09)

EDIT changed it back to a 4. I purchased the lighter formula, but found the packaging messy and when my skin got darker in summer it was too light, but the shade up was like a bronzer. I now prefer my shu products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I have tried soo many foundations liquid, cream, powder, mineral. This is my HG!! The packaging is great, its so affordable, acne friendly, and there are sooo many colors to choose from. The blushes are fantastic too!! I rec this to all of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation for some time now (along with a host of other foundations I rotate!) and really like it.

I am MAC NW25, Chanel 30, Becca Olive, EDM Beige Neutral, blonde hair, blue eyes, normal skin which has a tendency towards hormonal breakouts. I got matched on the Meow forum (they are very helpful if you need advice as to colours) as either Frisky or Naughty Persian (peach-based) and ordered both. Naughty Persian is far too dark but Frisky Persian is a perfect match and for summer when I have a tan I mix in a small amount of Naughty with Frisky. Having said that I have a feeling I would probably suit more colours as Meow has a massive selection of tones and shades.

I agree that the Pampered Puss foundation doesn't seem to give heavy coverage. More like light to medium, although it goes on sheer and is very layerable. It gives a matte finish without drying out my skin (I usually use spray toner to set afterwards and prevent it from looking too "done"). I apply with my EDM flat top brush and the jar is big enough so I can swirl my brush in the lid. It lasts all day and covers all imperfections save for particularly angry-looking pimples. The good thing about this Meow foundation though is that you can apply it as a concealer using a concealer brush.

The price is decent for the amount you get (US$12.95 for a Munchkin 25g jar or US$23.95 for an 85g jar) and it lasts forever. It's worth a try - samples are US$1 each.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 5:45:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got these in samples, and was dissapointed, the website said that it is for medium/heavy coverage. So I thought this would suit my needs, but apparently not. I didnt see any color enhancement, and it didnt do any type of coverage. I was dissappointed, Im very reluctant to give flawless feline a try now, since this one has failed. Im scared Im going to waste my money and time patience waiting for the mail to be dissapointed again. Ive been wanting a natural mineral powder, I guess ill have to stick with maybelline and lancome liquids.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by hanulka

This is the best mineral foundation I´ve ever tried. I´ve tested EDM, Fyrinnae, Coastal Scents and Lumiere Cosmetics, but none of them gave me matte effect withou drying. Then I came across Meow and I fell in love :-) This gives my natural look, my nose and chin stay matte for a couple of hours, the package seems to last forever, it doesn´t dry my face out and it masks all imperfections. I don´t like other Meow products, but this one is great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

So I had spent around 2 months trying to fine my HG foundation...in that time I tried Mineral Silk and EDM. Before that I had been wearing BE in Medium Beige for 2 years even though it wasnt the perfect colour match. I really thought that BE was the best makeup ever as prior to that i was wearing Chanel and Benefit foundation...which always felt like wearing a mask to me. I used BE products for 2 years...foundation and EVERYTHING in between..only to discover that it was the culprit to my breakouts and itching! I had no idea what bismuth oxychloride was until i read about it in another forum and was shocked that I had been putting it on mys kin for so long!
Ok..so then I tried Mineral Silk..which IMO was quite drying and there was no colour match for me. Also it had sparkles in the foundation which i did not really like and it also made me look ashy! Then moved on to EDM..found my colour match in Olive Medium..loved original glo formula..the rest of the formulas made me break out. Only problem was..it made my pores appear larger and looked quite chalky even though i blended it VERY well into my skin. Shortly after that I found Meow...got some samples..JEN on the forum was very helpful with picking out my shades..found my perfect match in Naughty Manx and have been wearing that ever since. The foundation is so lovely and finely milled that i can even apply it nicely with my fingers. Not drying,doesnt streak, no reactions and looks flawless. You can layer it on and it will not look cakey. Foundation TUB is HUGE and will probablly last me 2 years! If you are looking for a good MMU line..THIS is it! Do give i a try!

Update: So I have been wearing this for about 2 months now and recently decided to give my EDM foundation samples another go...I found my perfect match in Olive Light (I am asian with lots of yellow and peach undertones). I tried it in O glo and I fell in love with the luminosity of this product and have been wearing it everyday until recently I noticed that EDM really sinks into pores/fine lines! This is NOT good coz I'm only in my early 20's. But I really do LOVE the Oglo formula and have not come across another MMU compnay that has the same formula..so I was not ready to give up until I've tried to work a way around it. So today I put on my Meow and guess what?? It did not sink into lines/pores or anything! Instead it just gave me a nice smooth, airbrushed looking finish (without the glow) but hey who cares?? I don't have foundation in my lines!! I also found that Meow is a little drying so if you have dry skin: you must wear a good primer/moisturiser under this foundation. I'm wearing Naughty Manx pampered puss and this formula IMO, does not have medium coverage unless you build up 7-8 layers. But I don't have bad skin so 2-3 layers is ok for me..you can still see some flaws but it's enough to even out skintone and just make me look fresh faced and well groomed. I wouldn't recommend this foundation if you were going clubbing. Rubs off real quick! But there are a few things you can do to stop this happening: 1. apply primer 2. apply foundation wet, stippling it. 3. apply finishing powder and do touch ups throughout the night!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by meow-mix

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I switched to Meow after using MAD minerals for a while. Meow has good coverage without the white (titanium dioxide?) cakiness I got from MAD. I have sensitive skin, slightly oily in the T-Zone. I am NC20 and Frisky Chartreux is my perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2009 8:32:00 PM More reviews by victoriaroxursox

I've been using pampered puss foundation this winter. I got frisky Korat, which was too pale for my NC 30-35 skin, but I could sort of pull it off. I decided to use it up because, well, I paid for it! It does feel lightweight on your skin, it did not irritate my skin, either. However, because I have oily skin and acne scars, it did not conceal as much as I would have liked, and its oil control properties left much to be desired. Overall, though, I think I would rebuy it to use in summer. I'm going to a humid country so I think the lightness of the foundation will be nice, and hopefully I'll get a better color match! Pampered Puss isn't great, but it's not bad either. Worth a shot, at least.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Asian NC35 skin matches 'naughty abyssinian' 'naughty korat' and 'naughty manx' but I decided to go with 'naughty korat' for my full-size order. I've been using PP in naughty korat for a month now and love it (originally gave this 4 lippies but bumped it up to 5 after 1 month of daily use). My skin is red with light acne scaring but the coverage is enough to tone down the redness and acne scars. Here's what I do: (1) moisterize moisterize moisterize, (2) apply foundation while my skin is still moist, then (3) apply premier puss primer for oily skin on T-zone. The coverage sucks if you apply to un-moist skin..this is why I apply primer AFTER the foundation. Also, if the acne scars aren't too dark, I'm able to use the foundation as a concealer using a concealer brush. No itchy-ness. No break-outs. As for oil control: I still need to blot my nose throughout the day but my skin doesn't ever feel 'heavy'...except for my nose, my skin doesn't get as shiny (compared to without...my skin is REALLY oily).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by cathomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've only recently been experimenting with mineral makeup products and I stumbled across meow cosmetics and ordered a few samples from them. I purchased the pampered puss frisky ocicat foundation. I have to say that this foundation matches my skin so well that it literally disappears into my skin. I'm a Caucasian/African-American mix so sometimes it's tricky to find the right foundation, but Meow has a quite extensive foundation collection.
I love the way this foundation wears. It doesn't make my skin itchy or break out. I like the fact that they have the munchkin size products that way if you don't want to shell out 20+ for the full size foundation, you don't have to. I would definitely purchase again.