L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm sad that this eyeliner receives such bad reviews! I just bought the Telescopic Waterproof today, on sale for CAD$7, and I adore it so far. Firstly, the brush is fantastic. I used to use the L'Oreal Lineur Intense brush, which I found too long and bendy to do the perfect wing, not to mention a little too thick at the end. This brush is just right, with a lovely pointed tip. The formula is also great - it goes on super smoothly, very dark, and doesn't sting my sensitive eyes unlike other eyeliners.

My favourite thing about this liner is that it DOES. NOT. BUDGE. I hate smudgey eyeliner and have been using Annabelle liquid which smudges way too much at the corners of my eyes for my liking. Well, this eyeliner doesn't move, even when I rub at it. It's not totally waterproof - it does come off a bit in water, and comes off almost completely if you rub at it in water - but its staying power is fantastic. I also really love how it almost flakes off rather than smudging, it'll be way easier to fix during the day than panda eyes from my Annabelle eyeliner.

I'm loving this eyeliner - it's definitely my HG for now.

on 5/18/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product if i'm going for a more dramatic look. It says on way longer than my regular stick eyeliner and with the "marker-like" tip it's easy to apply and get a precise line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this eyeliner overall but there are a few things I would do different if I produced it. The brush/applicator: I really hate pointy eyeliner brushes, IMO, they should be flat like a paint brush, or at an angle. The container: I would make it more a of a dispenser instead of a dip stick style.
All that being said, the formula is great, once you tap it out on a hard surface and apply it with your own brush, it sets wonderfully and doesn't transfer to the upper eyelid at all. It withstands some moisture, but not completely waterproof. If you get the un-set liquid into your eye, it burns, so i would not recommend it for the waterline at all. Overall, if you are used to cream/liquid eyeliner this is inky black and has great color payoff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have been trying to figure out if the liner I've been using is the same as the one being reviewed here, because I've had an overall pleasant experience with it!

It came packaged as a bonus product with my Beauty Tubes mascara, and I hadn't used liquid liner for almost a decade, so I figured I would give it a shot. The applicator does suck, and is the reason I only gave it a 4 out of 5, because it's stiff and hard to get a symmetric wing on both eyes. I can only use it when I have enough time to be a perfectionist, which doesn't happen much.

The liner itself is pretty awesome, though. I get a crisp, dark line that lasts all day long, with just a tiny bit of flaking if I've been too heavy-handed, and very minimal transfer to my top lid (which is a problem for me with most liners, no matter what form.) Mine doesn't say it's waterproof, but it definitely is - in fact, my only complaint is that I can't wipe it away easily if I screw up! Once it's on, it's there until I bust out the makeup remover wipes. I once had to go to the gym with it on, and was so sure it was all over the place after sweat ran all over my eyes, but when I got back to the locker room it was still exactly in place!

If the applicator was better (more flexible, or an actual brush) I'd continue to buy this. As it is, I'm trying to see if I can find something that works just as well but is easier to apply.

on 4/18/2010 8:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to love L'Oreal eyeliners, but if this disappointment is representative of their current quality then I haven't been missing much in the past few years! This liquid eyeliner applied unevenly, was difficult to handle and had a very stiff, user-unfriendly applicator. Even my husband, who rarely notices any makeup flaws on me (bless him!), said it looked 'messy and crusty'. I took it right off; didn't even bother leaving the house to do a trial run. The mascara from the same line was also a disappointment. Save your money -- skip this one!

on 4/15/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as an everyday replacement for my Urban Decay liquid eyeliner. (I didn't want to use the Urban Decay one everyday since it was a little expensive). I wanted to use a cheap one for school and such things.
However, I didn't read reviews on this one before I bought it and the eyeliner is absolutely atrocious. Awful. Terrible.
First of all, its runny so it gets everywhere and the applicator brush only makes the situation worse. It's all pointy (so it hurts your eyes) but the worst of it all is that it doesnt control the eyeliner well at all. It smears the color around so some places it's darker than others. Also, once I put it one it's sticky and it rubs everywhere.
worst money I ever spent in my life.
However, the packaging is nice. It keeps the eyeliner fluid liquidy because it has some kind of ball inside. However, the buy isnt worth it. It's absolutely awful.

on 4/15/2010 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did not like this liner at all. It was hard to apply, watery and the black wasn't very bold. The tip applicator is hard to work with and to tell if you're using the pointy side or the angles side. A lot of product comes onto the brush so makes for a messy start. I'm not a liquid liner pro and this definitely is not for beginners. I would not rebuy.

on 3/14/2010 5:11:00 AM

this is an okay eyeliner. its not my favorite and i wouldnt choose it over others, such as mac fluidline, or mufe waterproof eyeliner.

pros:
-its cheap
-its easy to apply
-it applies dark
-a little goes a long way

cons:
-its a little too watery
-it is not waterproof, and will come off very easily
-applicator is kind of pointy, and can be uncomfotable to apply
-it does not last long at all

so overall this is not a great eyeliner, but its not horrible. if you dont mind it coming off througout the day and if your not going to be wearing it that long, than you should love this. but i use eyeliner that lasts all day for me and this just doesnt do it. theres a lot better liquid eyeliners out there. i wont be repurchasing this one.

on 3/14/2010 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

finally broke down and bought this item and was sorely disappointed, it applied very sketchy, it's not smooth at all dries in an ok amount of time, but until it's dried it looks very runny, i love the Carbon Black colour to it, but had to keep going in for touch ups where it jumped across my lids.
and also the applicator is like a stick, not flexible at all!

on 3/9/2010 12:46:00 PM

The applicator HURTS. It says felt tip but it feels like a rock. The liquid itself is pretty good at staying on throughout the day but it is not as black as I would like. I thought the same packaging as the Maybelline one would mean the same product but clearly it is not... Do not buy it!