L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Eyeliner

2.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I really hate this liner! The application brush is really stiff which made it go on horrible. The liquid was really watery nothing I could work with and it just looked horrible.. Never will I purchse this product again. The liquid spills out of the bottle if it's knocked over too. It made lining my eyes virtually impossible. The price wasn't worth it, luckly it came as a bonus with the Telescopic masacara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I personally like this liner, but you have to get the hang of it. It took some getting used to. The brush is different- I don't even know if I'd call it a brush since i don't feel any bristles and it's very stiff, almost like a hardened piece of felt or something. But it's usable. When applying to the top I keep kinda still waiting for it to dry. The bottom can be a bit trickier since it's so liquid-y. I apply in moderation and kinda blend with my fingers a little if the line is off or needs fixing. I like the results though- nice, wet-looking inky black. It is a runny formula but I like using it. Not sure if I would get it again, I'd want to try other liquid liners even though didn't mind this one.

I was truly shocked by the bad reviews and the low 2.6 lippies of this product. This was given to me by a friend who received it as a bonus with a mascara purchase, she doesn't like liquid liner therefore I received it! Yeah for free makeup!! Anyways I really like this liner. The colour is a true bold black and the consistency was perfect, neither too thick nor runny. The felt tip applicator was a little bit of a learning curve due to the tip being larger then what I normally use, but after a few days I'm very comfortable using it. I only apply this liner to the top lashes and I'm so impressed how well it held up. No budging, smearing or flaking, plus washes off with ease using my usual facial cleanser. i like this product so much I will actually buy my own after I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm sad that this eyeliner receives such bad reviews! I just bought the Telescopic Waterproof today, on sale for CAD$7, and I adore it so far. Firstly, the brush is fantastic. I used to use the L'Oreal Lineur Intense brush, which I found too long and bendy to do the perfect wing, not to mention a little too thick at the end. This brush is just right, with a lovely pointed tip. The formula is also great - it goes on super smoothly, very dark, and doesn't sting my sensitive eyes unlike other eyeliners.

My favourite thing about this liner is that it DOES. NOT. BUDGE. I hate smudgey eyeliner and have been using Annabelle liquid which smudges way too much at the corners of my eyes for my liking. Well, this eyeliner doesn't move, even when I rub at it. It's not totally waterproof - it does come off a bit in water, and comes off almost completely if you rub at it in water - but its staying power is fantastic. I also really love how it almost flakes off rather than smudging, it'll be way easier to fix during the day than panda eyes from my Annabelle eyeliner.

I'm loving this eyeliner - it's definitely my HG for now.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product if i'm going for a more dramatic look. It says on way longer than my regular stick eyeliner and with the "marker-like" tip it's easy to apply and get a precise line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this eyeliner overall but there are a few things I would do different if I produced it. The brush/applicator: I really hate pointy eyeliner brushes, IMO, they should be flat like a paint brush, or at an angle. The container: I would make it more a of a dispenser instead of a dip stick style.
All that being said, the formula is great, once you tap it out on a hard surface and apply it with your own brush, it sets wonderfully and doesn't transfer to the upper eyelid at all. It withstands some moisture, but not completely waterproof. If you get the un-set liquid into your eye, it burns, so i would not recommend it for the waterline at all. Overall, if you are used to cream/liquid eyeliner this is inky black and has great color payoff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have been trying to figure out if the liner I've been using is the same as the one being reviewed here, because I've had an overall pleasant experience with it!

It came packaged as a bonus product with my Beauty Tubes mascara, and I hadn't used liquid liner for almost a decade, so I figured I would give it a shot. The applicator does suck, and is the reason I only gave it a 4 out of 5, because it's stiff and hard to get a symmetric wing on both eyes. I can only use it when I have enough time to be a perfectionist, which doesn't happen much.

The liner itself is pretty awesome, though. I get a crisp, dark line that lasts all day long, with just a tiny bit of flaking if I've been too heavy-handed, and very minimal transfer to my top lid (which is a problem for me with most liners, no matter what form.) Mine doesn't say it's waterproof, but it definitely is - in fact, my only complaint is that I can't wipe it away easily if I screw up! Once it's on, it's there until I bust out the makeup remover wipes. I once had to go to the gym with it on, and was so sure it was all over the place after sweat ran all over my eyes, but when I got back to the locker room it was still exactly in place!

If the applicator was better (more flexible, or an actual brush) I'd continue to buy this. As it is, I'm trying to see if I can find something that works just as well but is easier to apply.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to love L'Oreal eyeliners, but if this disappointment is representative of their current quality then I haven't been missing much in the past few years! This liquid eyeliner applied unevenly, was difficult to handle and had a very stiff, user-unfriendly applicator. Even my husband, who rarely notices any makeup flaws on me (bless him!), said it looked 'messy and crusty'. I took it right off; didn't even bother leaving the house to do a trial run. The mascara from the same line was also a disappointment. Save your money -- skip this one!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as an everyday replacement for my Urban Decay liquid eyeliner. (I didn't want to use the Urban Decay one everyday since it was a little expensive). I wanted to use a cheap one for school and such things.
However, I didn't read reviews on this one before I bought it and the eyeliner is absolutely atrocious. Awful. Terrible.
First of all, its runny so it gets everywhere and the applicator brush only makes the situation worse. It's all pointy (so it hurts your eyes) but the worst of it all is that it doesnt control the eyeliner well at all. It smears the color around so some places it's darker than others. Also, once I put it one it's sticky and it rubs everywhere.
worst money I ever spent in my life.
However, the packaging is nice. It keeps the eyeliner fluid liquidy because it has some kind of ball inside. However, the buy isnt worth it. It's absolutely awful.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Did not like this liner at all. It was hard to apply, watery and the black wasn't very bold. The tip applicator is hard to work with and to tell if you're using the pointy side or the angles side. A lot of product comes onto the brush so makes for a messy start. I'm not a liquid liner pro and this definitely is not for beginners. I would not rebuy.