August 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by bunners

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this powder is great, it really lasts. I've used it to cover up shine on my face and it's really effective at soaking up the oil. I've also put some on greasy hair when I need to run out before I can shower. it doesn't need to be applied over and over all day, doesn't build up, and the price is right.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by apk2

I love this powder! I use it underdneath my EM foundation and it makes my skin look so smooth and flawless. Some people complain about the white cast it leaves behind, but I'm a medium fair tone and I find that if I use too much of this powder, it does leave a white cast. You gotta be careful about the amount you put on cause you really only need a little bit to control oil and give your face a flawless finish. Will definately buy again.

--I also love the fact that it's 100% silk powder and contains no bismuth, cornstarch, or talc! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by TheFateOfSharonTate

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never used silk dust/powder before - I'd never even heard of it but I needed something to keep my chronically oily skin from looking hideously greasey by mid-afternoon, no matter how much I blot and touchup during the day. I started using the non-tinted EDM silk dust on my clean, moisturized face on the weekends to see how I liked it. I liked it a lot - it made my skin look "finished" but not made-up and it seemed to keep the shine to a minimum. I then used it under the MMU foundation and on top of it for during the work week. The silk dust seemed to help my foundation hold up better and the oily appearance of my face was greatly diminished. Two weeks of use and the silk dust hasn't clogged my pores or made me breakout. I'm not wild about all EDM products but the silk dust is a great value and a great powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am incredibly wowed by this product. I first tried using it on top of my foundation, but that only worked for about a month before i stopped seeing any effect. I now buff it into my skin throughly before my foundation, and then once more after foundation. The result - no oil for the next 12 hours and beyond. This is amazing stuff, and i will definitely repurchase. Not pricey either for the amount you get - i use quite little each time. I'm using the tinted, by the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by kkrebs

Tinted Silk Dust - FANTASTIC! I much prefer to this to the white silk dust - it mattifies and makes my skin look flawless. Love it, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by jill627

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in the Summer shade. Other than the intensive medium concealer on my nose and chin, this is the only thing I have on my face most of the time. It is perfect for an all-over glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 2:54:00 AM More reviews by mutelorelei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I decided to try out the new Summer Silk Dust. When it came I was shocked at how dark it looked in the jar, light brown, like a deep bronzer, but it goes on very lightly. I'm a medium beige neutral and I think it makes a good finishing look, it adds a little more warmth. I'm not sure this is a product I really need, which is why I haven't rated it higher, but I think I may repurchase, we'll see how I like it in a few months. It does seem to help absorb oil more than the foundation alone, but I haven't noticed a silky feeling (though luckily I don't smell anything either).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Queen_Saffy

Didn't find this impressive at all. Needed something to combat my oily T-zone but this didn't do anything at all. There was that bad smell at first but that went away after a while... perhaps I'm not using it correctly or sufficiently?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

I absolutely love this powder over my LRP Anthelios SX sunscreen. It's not too matte but matte enough that I don't look greasy. And it keeps shine at bay all day long for a soft, glowy finish. Two thumbs up!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4 EDIT: 2

Price: 2

Packaing: 3

Buy again: yes EDIT:no

I wanted to try the silk dust because the balancing dust wasn't doing it for me; it left me looking really pale, and felt kind of "gritty". I'm happy to report that the silk just is not gritty at all, and doesn't make me look really white.

What I like to do is mix the foundation with the silk dust before putting it on my face (2:1 ratio, foundation : silk dust)-- I do this so I can do my foundation and powder in one step (I have it pre-mixed in a separate container). I find with the mix that I have, I avoid "over-doing" the foundation, as I sometimes do, and thus avoid the mask that can appear from using too much foundation without realizing it. It just gives me a very nice flawless, sheer complexion that looks like I have this ethereal "radiance". What's not to love?

As far as oil-control: not much, I'm afraid. I have combo, acne-prone skin, and it hasn't broken me out. I really like the silk dust though, so I'd definitely buy again!

EDIT: I am actually not liking this product, or any of EM's products, at the moment. It feels weird on my face now, and tends to make my face kind of oily! I will not repurchase, and I take off 2 lippies. continued >>