October 22, 2014 | 978 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with those who say this is an extremely sheer blush, even for a sheertone formula! I'm an NC20 and I have to layer and pack Well Dressed on for it to have any effect. Once I have, it leaves a subtle light pink flush with silvery glimmers. Hardly noticeable unless I'm in direct sunlight. It does emphasize my pore size but anything with sparkles will! The bad side of having to layer this is that the sparkles can become too much and look a bit blotchy. It helps to blend it out with a big fluffy brush after applying though. Lasting power is rather good but it oxidises during the day and turns a weird dirty orangey colour. I will not be repurchasing as it barely shows up and for the price, why pay for something I can't even see?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by midnattsolz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It comes out in cutie pink but it also suits my skin quite well even though I have kinda tanned. It emphasized my pore pretty much on my cheek so I somehow use it as highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by omgfran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This blush was ehhhh. I've been wanting to get it but never really commit ed to buy it. I got it in a swap

The color is beautiful but I feel like this emphasizes my pores. It makes them larger somehow. and It's a satin finish which I'm not really fond of.

will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by graceholliwell

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm NW25 and this is a gorgeous baby pink colour that's not too obvious. Whilst I generally stick to coral pink blushers in the summer, this is going to be my staple winter blush. Expensive, yes, but worth it - it lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

This is a good shade for anyone with fair to medium skin and likes a natural, sheer look on their face.

"Well Dressed" is a super soft and cool pink which I think looks better on people with cool undertones.

I use this shade in winter more as it has an "icy" cool look which works better with my pale winter complexion.

However, as summer approaches, I shift to a warmer, more peachy pink shade which gives me a healthy summer glow.

With "Well Dressed", do not try to build it up too much. This blush is designed to be sheer and building it up only causes you to look like you have ruddy, unhealthy skin.

Subtle application is the key!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by paranoiaa

Got this from the Look in a Box kit, and haven't quite used it for a year since it NEVER shows up on my cheeks when used with an Ecotools blush brush. Recently I tried using it again, this time with an E.L.F. flat top brush and going really strong on it, and it finally shows up as a pretty pink with some shimmer. Not bad, and judging from the amount in the pan I'll probably use it forever, but once I'm done I'll probably not repurchase :[Edit] I recently decided to try using this again with an E.L.F. Blush brush, with a heavy hand and building up a few layers. It looks SO good that way! I'm amazed. I really like the effect and will repuurhase!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Jenniifeeerrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As much as I love MAC, this is not a good blush. I have NC20 skin, and although it looks pretty in the case, this blush barely shows up. I use the E.L.F. Powder Brush to apply this, and I have to literally pack on layers of this for it to show up. By the end of my day, this blush has totally disappeared on my cheeks. This may be a good blush for you if you have extremely fair skin, but if you're NC20 or darker, I would definitely not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Goldielocksss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first MAC blush I ever got, and probably my last. The colour is really pretty and would probably suit a wide range of skin tones. I am very pale with cool undertones (NC10) and this blush is a light pink with a cooler/silvery undertone which is flattering on me. The texture is all right, I find I have to build it a lot to get the perfect colour. The reason why I will not be repurchasing is because this product contains parabens and I am trying to use paraben free products. MAC eye shadows and lipsticks are paraben free and I believe some of their eyeliners as well so those are the only items i'd repurchase from MAC. However, if you are not concerned about the ingredients then this colour really is beautiful. Its too bad, now I have to find a paraben free blush as pretty as this one :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It's a pretty, light pink and gives me just the right amount of color on my skin. I use this every day and would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Gill222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this blush. In the pan it looks like a beautiful powder pink. The only thing is it's sooo sheer although its somewhat buildable as I add more layers of the color I also add more layers of the shimmer (which stops the shimmer looking subtle and ends up being too much). Another MUA user has recommended Illamasqua Katie blush which has heavy pigmentation but no shimmer so im going to try that one next and maybe add a light dusting of Well Dressed for the shimmer it lacks.