Max Factor Masterpiece Max

4.1

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Oleic Acid, Alcohol, Glycerin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Myristic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, EDTA, Methylcellulose, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, [ /- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891]

on 10/30/2010 2:42:00 PM

All the Masterpiece and False Lash Effect series could be perfect for me, but somehow I have an allergie for all Max Factor mascaras: lashes begin to fall out and eyes begin to pinch by the evening.

Isn't it strange how you generally end up coming back to the same old reliable products time and time again...? I have gone through more mascaras than I care to name; from Maybelline to Dior to YSL and back to Maybelline again, but I always experience the same problem... smudging. I was particularly disappointed to find that every mascara I tried looked wonderful when applied and then ended up under my eyes a few hours later. Not a good look. And yes, this happened even when I applied loose powder under my eye. Grrrr!
---------------------------------------------
Anyway, I had bought Masterpiece Max not long after it was first launched in 2005/6. I didn't really start wearing any make-up til the age of 16, and as a result, I would apply the mascara pretty badly, and then just blame the poor result on the mascara itself... oh what a fool! Now that I am older and much the wiser, I know how to actually use cosmetics. A few months ago, I stumbled across an old tube of Masterpiece while clearing out my make-up bag. Thinking how long it had been since I used it, I curled my lashes and applied it to see what I had been missing. Ah, wonderful volume! Excellent definition! And no clumps, even though the tube was over two years old (I know, I know, I'm a terrible person for using old mascara, so sue me!). And best of all... no smudging!!!
-------------------------------------------
Masterpiece Max has since become my staple everyday product. I have medium to longish lashes, but they aren't particularly thick or populous. I would rather have a volumising mascara than a lengthening one, I always think if you make your lashes TOO long, they look a bit ridiculous (just one girl's opinion!). Overall, Masterpiece Max is as close to a HG mascara as I'm going to get at the moment, and I'm extremely happy with it!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A stone cold classic. As long as you use this with eyelash curlers, you're guaranteed perfect lashes. Mine are your typical redhead's - pale, spindly, and I look about 12 if I don't put any eye make-up on. This mascara really pumps them up, separates nicely, and is a breeze to remove. Every time I um and ah about trying another one, I end up disappointed and running back to Max. Much better than the usual Masterpiece which is a bit underwhelming, and lightyears better than anything else on the market.

on 8/15/2010 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This a fab mascara - always looks great. Can use daytime or build up for night time. Love the brush and the way it coats my lashes without clumping or becoming flaky. Opens up eyes and doesn't smudge or budge. LOVE!

on 8/13/2010 10:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only mascara I've ever bought more than once. I have very long but sparse eyelashes, so this was absolutely perfect for me as it volumises lots and lengthens only a bit. It can last all day and night without flaking or smudging, with one coat giving a pretty look and three coats for mucho drama. I adore it.

on 7/15/2010 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is the first time I've ever used a Max Factor mascara, and I can't believe I waited for so long. The quality is astounding for such a cheap mascara. When I say cheap, I mean a mascara that doesn't cost 19+, like ones by Estee Lauder and Chanel do. The black shade is a very dark, satisfying black, and it makes my lashes thicker and more volumised. It lasts all day with flaking or smudging, yet washes off easily with water. However, it doesn't really lengthen my lashes by much, which is a shame, because if it did, it would be my HG mascara.

on 6/19/2010 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I keep coming back to this mascara, I use it everyday and find that it coats my bottom lashes very well making them stand out and look very long. It builds volume and defines my lashes without clumping. It's quick and easy to apply and if you spend a little time and build up a few coats the effect is dramatic voluminous lashes. Fantastic product at a reasonable price!

This is a really great mascara! It's a little bit of everything, without looking too 'natural'. Especially with a couple of coats. I love how it makes my lower lashes stick out, it really makes eyes look a lot bigger. It seperates nicely and doesn't clump, but it does smudge a lot more than most while putting it on. I don't really mind though because a Q-tip cleans it up rather nicely.

EDIT: Soooo, I completely forgot that I had already bought this once and bought it again after reading all the great reviews. And I actually like it even better second time around (I've started applying mascara differently since last time, sounds strange as there aren't many ways to apply mascara, but I never coated the back/tips of my lashes before!). It really does separate and lengthen, and I personally like to wait a minute or two for the first layer to dry and then apply a second layer; after the first layer is tacky it really triples the volume and makes my lashes stand out. Yet somehow with this mascara I always manage to get it all over my face..

on 5/25/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Best mascara I have ever used! My lashes are super long with 2 coats of this mascara. I've tried sooooo many other brands and nothing compairs to this mascara. EXCELLENT!

on 5/18/2010 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I absolutely love this mascara and would positively recommend it to everyone. The only reason why i put 4 as my overall score is because the price is a little more on the pricey side for people who cant afford to spend alot of money. But this product is sooo worth the price it is really good because of the certain brush they use it combs the lashes very well giving you full lengthy lashes without clumping them :). Is an absolute must have love love love it :) hope this helps people to try it xx

Top Rated Max Factor Products