September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by NoniJade86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara and would positively recommend it to everyone. The only reason why i put 4 as my overall score is because the price is a little more on the pricey side for people who cant afford to spend alot of money. But this product is sooo worth the price it is really good because of the certain brush they use it combs the lashes very well giving you full lengthy lashes without clumping them :). Is an absolute must have love love love it :) hope this helps people to try it xx

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 3:51:00 AM More reviews by sshirley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Much better than raved about other HG mascaras- both high and low brand: Dior Show, Lancome Hypnose, Clinique High Impact and any and all Maybelline cult faves. I have tried all of them and none of them compare to this....it is fabulous. The rubber brush is surprisingly volumising!

Only qualms and loss of lipstick is the every so slightly "chalky" consistency of the mixture. Wish it was more luxurious and creamy...but seriously, not a big issue.

This will be my go to mascara. It is amazing. I will never buy anything else again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by niele

Bought this together with max factor 2000 calories mascara, and i find this one better. Really, itīs the best mascara for me so far. It really adds volume, lenght, holds the slight curl and SEPARATE. But not like in -a spider legs eyelashes separate way, just perfect amount of volume and separation, no clumps, doest smudge, and its easily removed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by people52005

This is one of the best mascaras I've ever bought!!! The price was good aswell- it was only Ģ10. It volumised my lashes and gave it length-people were even asking me what mascara I was using. The brush was easy to use for the smaller lashes!! I will definetly buy this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The greatest mascara ever (and I LOVE mascara). I thought no mascara would ever repair my broken heart after Rimmel discontinued their "Rimmel Curly" - it was the only kind that actually lifted and curled my straight lashes. Masterpiece Max is even better than that, as even one coat really opens up your eyes. You can also put on several layers without it clumping. Can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this mascara before! This is one of the rare mascaras I've actually re-purchased. And for a reason. It's a real gem among drugstore mascaras. I was really pleased with the original Masterpiece, but Masterpiece Max goes even beyond that, especially in the volume department. Masterpiece Max excels in separating lashes beautifully and creating thickness along with some length. And the results keep getting better with successive coats without a single clump (I usually wear 2-3 coats). I'm used to water-soluble mascaras not holding my curl, and this one doesn't completely hold my curl either. But it does create a lovely fringe to my lashes when I apply the mascara by carefully pressing my lashes upwards at the same time. Its staying power is excellent too, and it doesn't flake or smear at all, but comes off easily with mere water and my Cerave facial cleanser. The black tube looks nice and glamorous too, even though I prefer the sleek matte black packaging of the new MF Lash Extension Effect. But bottom line: this mascara is as close to perfection as it can get :)

Ingredients: Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera, Triethanolamine, Synthetic Wax, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Propylene Carbonate, Lecithin, Oleic Acid, Alcohol, Glycerin, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylparaben, Trisodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Myristic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, EDTA, Methylcellulose, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, [+/- CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by sonjabra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a fan of MF-mascaras in general - False Lash Effect and 2000 Calories are already HG for me, and last week, this was on sale for 9,99 Euros in our local drugstore, so I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I love it! It makes my lashes long and volumizes very well. The brush seperates my lashes nicely and I don't experience cockroach-legs at all, even layering isn't a problem at all. It looks natural, but still full and lush.

So basically, I have 3 HG-mascaras now and it's a pain in the back to pick one of them in the morning, but I guess that this is a luxory problem...;-)

However, Max Factor mascaras seem to work the best for me in general, I tried a lot of stuff in the past, but stick with MF-mascaras now - they always do the job for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holds a curl (EVEN though its not its main quality)
Separates (i dont need a nedle, and thats unusual)
Gives volume
And length (if you want that too)
Easy to remove.
Doesnt flake or smudge

(its not that expensive but for being a "cheap" brand, its expensive)

Best mascara ever made!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara appears to be very popular - and I'm glad that it works great for so many on here - but somehow it's absolutely not suitable for my lashes. I've been using 'Max Factor's Masterpiece Max' for the last year or so, and although it does extend my lashes by adding small particles, it also makes them very clumpy and stiff, spidery even (and I'm not one to apply multiple layers). Not very comfortable and worse, my lashes would even break off! I felt like I ended up having less lashes every week, so something needed to change and since not wearing mascara is not an option...

So in my search for a mascara that would leave my lashes soft and "there where they belong" I bought the ' Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara' in the 'Ultra Care' version (was actually looking for the 'Maybelline full and soft mascara', but they don't seem to sell that one were I live). And I must say I'm pretty pleased with it. This one makes my lashes superblack, defined and volumous, yet it leaves them soft and bendable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jillkimberly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it! i'm european-asian, so i have pretty dark lashes, but they're not very long. this mascara gives BOTH length and volume, it separates lashes nicely, and doesn't clump even after 3 - 4 layers. 1 layer is enough for daywear, 3 - 4 for night. i didn't get the waterproof one because i like being able to remove my makeup easily. this comes off so easy, i love it! if i get a bit on my eyelid, it comes off straight away with a wet q-tip, even if the mascara's already dried.

when i first got it, it was a dream to put on. but now after i've had it for about 5 months, the formula is a lil thicker and it flakes a tiny bit. but that's because it's about time to throw out anyway, can't blame them, mascaras don't last forever! (though i wish they would).

it's selling for about 170sek (24usd) in the shops, but i buy mine on Tradera (swedish ebay) so i usually get it for around 100sek (14usd).

anyway, best mascara ever, will most definitely repurchase!