September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No7 Quick Thinking 4 in 1 Wipes - All Skin Types

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

Nice smell. No "cleanser film." Leaves me feeling clean. Does a pretty good job on foundation etc. Seems to also do a good job on mascara - at least until I get in the shower and find myself with mascara streaks on my face. I would definitely remove eye makeup with a different product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loooove these! They are awesome - perfect size, perfect amount of wetness on the towelette, they're soft, and they remove everything! I just wish they weren't so elusive... I guess they are so great that everyone snaps them up, because almost every time I go to Target, they're out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutly love this product!

I dont wear much makeup and so when I need a quick pick me up I use a wipe and its so refreshing. I love the way your skin does not dry out and for those late nights... WHAT a life Saver!! THere have been countless times I have been to tired to wash my face and I just wipe my face down.!

Love Em!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:58:00 AM More reviews by ztirkazoid

I've never seen the need of using facial wipes, but then I realized maybe it could provide some usefulness for those late, lazy nights where the last thing you want to do is spend an awful amount of time removing your makeup. So in lieu of that thought, I bought this.

Overall, a good product. But a little too pricey for me here in Canada (bought it at SDM with my recently reviewed Boots Maximum Volume mascara). I hardly wear any waterproof mu except my Smashbox liner, so I can't really attest to the removal strength of these wipes. But at the end of a long day, it *does* get my makeup out, especially when I do a full face. It leaves a slight film on my face after I use it, but I am guessing those are due to its toning and moisturizing properties. The film dissipates rather quickly, though. Packaging-wise, it's not the best. The top lid slipped off, which proved to be rather useless anyway. I was hoping the wipes would completely dry out, but they didn't. Great multi-purpose product, but will not re-purchase. I am pretty sure there are much more inexpensive products out there that do the same job for a lot less money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Love, love, love this product!!! Gently removes my MMU w/out my needing to scrub or use multiple cloths (yes, Neutrogena, I'm talking to you), no burning sensation, just a cool, moisturized feeling left behind, packaging is GREAT w/ its snap down lid = wipes did not dry out at all - the last one was just as wet w/ product as the 1st one. Will be perfect for traveling (and is also fab for the nights I'm too tired to do my regular routine.)

This does not remove my waterproof mascara, but nothing besides a separate remover ever does, so I won't deduct a lippie for that.

Bottom Line: effectively, gently removes my makeup, leaves my skin soft, moisturized. HG material!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:32:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have never had much luck with cleansing wipes – too abrasive, full of slimy stuff that leaves a residue on my sensitive skin – but finally a time came when I needed to purchase some. I have just been to my first mud-blanketed music festival, camping for four days. I don’t mind mud and dirt, or scruffy clothes, wellies and army jackets, but I wanted to be able to partner all that fun with eyeliner and mascara. I don’t mind doing the natural thing in front of my boyfriend every now and then, but he always stares at me very curiously when my eyes are mascara free, probably thinking, ‘yuck, her blond eyelashes give her the appearance of a baby bird or alien.’
I have come to have a soft spot for the mediocrity of No.7. As a voyeur I am moved by the idea so many middle-class, middle-aged, not-much-bothered-about-brands ladies pack their makeup bags full of it. I find it simply thrilling that No.7 is the brand for normal women.
No.7 isn’t a special brand – the ‘active’ ingredients are never very high up in their ingredients lists, though granted, neither are they in Chanel, Dior, Clinique etc. However, it strikes me that the products are formulated with some thought, and several of them have become staples for me. The eye creams and gels, for example, which seem to be disliked in the main by MUA, have taken me through my twenties.
Anyway, I have no doubt that these cleansing wipes are among the best available. The ‘lid’ is a great idea. They remove eye-makeup, though I wouldn’t use them daily because of the ‘tugging’ motion needed. After the first night of use, the next day I had a little redness on my cheeks, so I learnt to cleanse with the wipe, then wet it with bottled water and just sweep off any potentially irritating residue. I followed with my Mir moisturiser and came back from the festival with happy skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by maribull

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love these - great for a quick make-up removal, very effective even on waterproof mascara. Nicer (for me) than Neutrogena or Olay - although as Paula Begoun says, you do need to rinse at least with water after using these.
Will buy again, and again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these ! Having said that , i don't expect whole a lot from them , i'm well aware that quick cleansing wipes are not really an alternative to washing with a cleanser and water , using an eye make up remover and toner.
I have lots of lazy -tired nights i just wanna crawl into the bed, and these are perfect for that .What surprised me tho , is that these take the eye make up off very nicely (better then lots of eye makeup removers i have used in the past) ,yet they are gentle.
My skin doesn't feel 'perfectly clean' afterwards,i'll admit that ..but it is , for me good enough to go to bed in comparison to going to bed with make up on.
Update : did i forget to mention? this is a Fabulous way to clean the decoltee make up , bronzers for body , before going to bed , too ! Now that it's summer , i put bronzer on my chest to match my face when i go out , and these wet towels are just a great way to take that off at the end of the day , if you don't have energy / wish to take a shower of course !

UPDATE : Okay , you want to know what's going on since i have been raving about this under 1 lippie only .. I just changed my rating for this from 5 lippies to 1 lippie , i am leaving the initial review as is .
What happened is, these wipes caused me a HORRIBLE irritation under my eyes ! That's a bummer because i loved them so as you see above .. but when i started using them few - lazy days in a row, i got this terrible irritation ( it is, really bad , i thought about going to a dermatologist ) these red dry tough skin patches , made me look like i was a drug addict or something and whatever eye cream i would put on to relax the area, would burn badly , i was desperately trrying to figure what actuall cause them , after using a heavy ointment for a couple of day it was a lot better until last night again , when i reached for the wipes and my under eyes started burning , they came back after i was done ! :( it is not pretty ...
Maybe i was rubbing too much then i should have ? nevertheless,I think i will keep the rest of the wipes and use them for my chest area to take the body bronzer off before going to bed , but that's it ..
Should have known they were too good to be true ..:) use them as eye make up remover at your own risk, please ..i did what i had to , and gave my review here .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2008 8:15:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I found these wipes to be on the expensive side in my country ( they are sold for about 9$ ). I can get better quality and cheaper cleansing wipes for half the price.
They are nothing special , they do the job, cleanse throughly and have no scent which is a plus for people who cant stand a lingering smell on their face after cleansing.

One thing I didnt like about them was the fact that they are not as moist as I would like. I have to use 2-3 wipes at one time to cleanse my face of all my make-up. I sometimes wear heavy make-up especially on my eyes, and one wipe doesnt always seem enough for me.

I would buy them again, yes .... But they are definitely not a staple in my make-up bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these! They remove makeup very well & leave my skin feeling amazing. I have also noticed that when I use these before applying makeup, my skin seems to get less oily throughout the day. I have already repurchased, & will continue to do so:)