April 19, 2014 | 1307 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Studio Tech Foundation.
Matte-natural looking finish. Medium to Full coverage. While wearing it, I received many compliments on my skin. Lasts all day.
Only thing I don't like- it gives a very *heavy* feeling to your skin. Unpleasant. I only use it during winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by dolledup21

i think it's okay. i originally was using MAC mineralize cream foundation and it was making my skin really bad and breakout. way to heavy, so i exchanged and got this stuff. i don't use much just a touch over my estee liquid foundation. it doesn't seem to do a whole lot. wouldn't buy again. a bit oily too.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by cinnamonandlime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Generally, I'm not a fan of MAC foundations (in difference all their other makeup products). I find them a bit too heavy on my skin and I had the same problem with this one. Perhaps it's just my dry skin, or the fact that it is a cream to powder foundation, but after wearing this for a few hours my skin would start to feel tight and I could really feel that I'm wearing makeup. By the end of the day it would also look a bit unnatural. I tried different applications (applicator, brush, damp applicator) but the results are all the same. The coverage was great though and and it was quick to apply; and the one reason why I keep trying Mac foundations (though I have yet to find one I would repurchase) is the fact that I can always find a shade that matches perfectly with my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by liyanxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

To begin with, I am NC35 with combination and acne prone skin which tends to get oily very easily.

The colour match as amazing and I loved the way it looked on me from far, however, close up the creme foundation enhanced my dry patches and made my skin look flaky. I would recommend this for people with oily/combination skin and definitely not for those with dry skin especially combined with pimples/acne.

The price was rather decent compared to other high end foundations and the packaging was just normal being nothing special. Didn't really notice anything fascinating or anything beneficial to the users with the design of the foundation.

Hope this helped!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Annakie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS:
-- Paraben free, mostly non-comedogenic/harmless ingredients
-- The closest color match for very fair skin I've found for the money
-- Reasonably priced for cosmetic counter brands (sure Clinique is cheaper, but it's a nasty, oily skeeze that hates my skin tone! heh)
-- Medium coverage and nice finish (for the first few hours of wear, at least)

CONS:
-- Does not stand up to heat/sweat at all, no matter what other products you use
-- Requires a primer/setting powder/mattifier to even look decent by the end of a day sitting in a climate-controlled office doing nothing
-- One compact doesn't last long -- I think it only took me about 15-20 uses to hit the bottom of the pan. Maybe not so reasonably priced after all, considering that.

I have a love-hate relationship with MAC Studio Tech. I'm not a huge fan of the cream-type foundations, but I've been using this anyway because it is one of the few foundations that matches my fair skin (NW15, maybe a bit lighter), was reasonably priced compared with other cosmetic counter brands, and didn't contain parabens or known comedogens. It goes on nicely using a chisel-type brush in small circular motions (I use the sonia kashuk one), and I find it quicker to put on than liquid foundation.

So, it looks great when I leave the house, but if I sweat at all (which is a given just by walking outside in Texas most of the year) it slides around on my face and looks disgusting. If I touch my face at all when it gets in this state, it looks like I left a big, oily droplet of makeup behind--I didn't even realize this a few times until I saw in a bathroom mirror that there were a bunch of light marks and streaks on my skin. Embarrassing. Several times, I had to go home just to wash all of it off and start over before going out for the evening.

Part of the problem was that Studio Tech does not seem to work well with silicone-based primers. I got a sample of Smashbox's Photo Finish Light, which is water based, and that at least kept this make-up mostly in place until the end of a normal day, along with the MAC Prep + Prime I use as a setting powder. My skin is also somewhat oily in the T-zone, which was always very evident by lunchtime, so I added a few sprays of Urban Decay De-Slick, along with my normal midday powder touch-up/oil-blotting paper routine. That helped a little more. So now I can get through most days without coming immediately home to fix my makeup before anything else, but having to rely on THREE other products to make this foundation stay on is ridiculously high-maintenance and expensive.not repurchasing after this runs out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Paheli

I've used the following MAC face products without any problems: Studio Fix Fluid, Mineralize Foundation SPF 15, Mineralize Loose Foundation, Pressed Blot Powder, Prep&Prime SPF 50.

I went today to MAC looking for something with a bit heavier coverage. SA recommended Studio Tech. He applied it on HALF of my face. Color matched great and I was happy with the coverage. But even as he was blending, my face felt tingly. I told him I'd do some other shopping at the mall, see how that half of the face "holds up"..and come back.

I went to Sephora and then to Macy's. The entire time there is a slightly tight/barely there tingly sensation on my face. Once at Macy's, I went to EL counter where I asked the SA to match me in Double Wear. Per my request, she was matching my neck. I made a comment about my face tingling and how I had that Studio Tech on....SA said it sounded like I was having allergic reaction. She immediately gave me makeup remover. Once off, I saw that half my face was bright pink/swollen compared to the other half. Within a few minutes, as I'm talking to the SA, I noticed the swelling increasing. SA also noticed and gave me some Advanced Night Repair and told me that should calm it down. I applied it & it seemed to stop the swelling from getting worse. Came home...cleaned my face/neck and applied Argan Oil. It's been about 1.5 hours and my face finally looks "normal". And I had the Studio Tech on for like 15 minutes!

Bottom line: PLEASE try this on before purchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by mccarmelkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

Wanted something with full coverage but not as heavy as a liquid for my Vegas trip last summer so I went to MAC and purchased this foundation. I told the lady that I wanted something different that wouldn't melt off in the Vegas heat, so she matched my color (so what I thought) and went on my way. I have naturally oily skin anyways, so I knew I would have some type of blotting to do but this was just as bad as my studio fix liquid and maybe even worse. The color look super dark and I've only literally used it maybe on 4 occasions. The sponge app that comes with the compact, stinks like mildew after a while. I have literally bought 3 different types of foundation (powder,liquid and cream) from MAC and I keep going back to the studio fix liquid. That's the only one that matches my skin perfectly and covers my flaws. I have realized, investing in some blotting sheets was essential in keeping my oily t-zone dry, no matter what type of foundation I bought but my bottom line is that Studio Tech is horrible! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what to think about all the negative reviews here. While this isn't the best foundation, it is a fairly good product. Studio Tech covers my acne scars, is an exact colour match for my skin, and looks fantastic in photos. The main thing I love about this product is you can get fuller coverage without having to use a huge amount of product. However, staying power (or lack thereof) is a huge weakness for this product. I have used a litany of primers with this, but nothing can stop it from melting off my forehead and getting patchy on my cheeks during warm weather. I'm on my second one right now, but I'm not sure I will repurchase again. For the price, I have discovered foundations that, in my opinion, work better. Still my favourite MAC foundation, though. I use this when I feel like taking a break from liquid or need some heavier coverage. Application is important with this product. Use a brush (the MAC 190 is good) and not the sponge that is included. I tried to apply this product once using the sponge and all it did was absorb too much of the product and leave my face looking streaky. This product should last a long time and you definitely get your money's worth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Amphitrite37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because I thought it would cover my blemishes..It actually did cover almost everything and the color was perfect.But,by the end of the day I was super oily and it was actually melting off..As for the break-outs!!OMG!The next day I was covered with pimples and cysts..The worst product I've ever used!If you're acne-prone don't even think about buying it and spend your money on it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by LaurenReneeArvay

The lady at the counter put this on me and topped it with the mineralize skin finish powder and it looked fantastic. I was in love with it! I wore it around for a little while, then took it off in the shower with my cleanser and proceeded to wash my face like normal. This stuff gave me HORRIBLE, and I do mean horrible breakouts. I woke up the next morning and my cheeks were covered in little red bumps. About a month later I tried it again and it did the same thing just on a smaller scale. It does a great job of covering but it is not for daily use. I really had high hopes for this product and it just didn't come through. I've got it in the back of my makeup collection for special occasions or something like that but after I use this up I will not be repurchasing.