September 17, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I think this is a pretty good lotion. It isn't my HG, but it does what it has to do. I don't like the smell of coco butter (like Palmers), but the smell of this doesn't bother me.

I like that you get a ridiculous amount and it comes in a pump. It does a pretty good job hydrating my skin. Since I have been using the Salux wash cloth, I feel that this lotion was able to penetrate better therefore giving me better results.

This is fine during warmer months, but I will have to switch to something heavier (like African Shea butter) during the winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I quite like this. It moisturizes nicely and has a nice sweet ''baked goods'' scent. Not quite the scent of Palmer's Cocoa Butter. It absorbs very easily and quickly into my skin, and doesn't feel greasy at all. As far as saying it will make skin 'glow' and make spots disappear, I didn't notice anything happen from that department. It's currently Autumn heading into Winter where I live so this has been great to help soften my dry skin. I might buy this again, but I prefer the fresher scent of the Vaseline Aloe Fresh and cucumber over this. Affordable and good quality if your looking for a cheap moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This is a pretty good moisturizer for summer in my opinion when my skin isn't as dry. In winter though, I prefer something thicker. This lotion didn't absorb as quickly as I would have liked too, but it did leave my skin super soft. It doesn't smell much like cocoa butter - not like the Palmer's stuff at all. I will buy another bottle once I finish since it does a fairly good job and is cheap. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by blissta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells plastic-y, my skin itches after application, and if I have the slightest, smallest cut, my skin would sting. Dirt cheap for a large amount, but for my sensitive, extremely dry skin, not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

I use this and just about everyone I know uses this. I love the smell, I love the way it feels on my skin. I don't know why people are complaining about it leaving their skin sticky. It doesn't leave my skin sticky. It leaves my skin feeling wonderful. Here in Canada you can buy it for like $2 or $3. The only downside is Vaseline tests on animals, and that's the only reason why I gave it a 4/5 and that is also why I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sp1213

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

to start...i have a light tannish skintone. (think cassie/rihanna) in the summer i tan easily. during the winter, uneveness in color & dryness are my two main problems. i've been using this lotion for 3 months..with no results. and it left my skin feeling STICKY!! the worst. i don't recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by specialribbons

I'm surprised that other people are having such success with this =/ it doesn't moisturize or soften my skin at all, and I absutely hate the scent. It was very cheap, but I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:08:00 AM More reviews by chelssspu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I live in Canada, endure rough winters (tempuratures dip to about -30 with Wind Chill), and my skin is so dry I tend to get painful red flakey patches on my arms. This is the best thing I've tried yet!! I've been through a lot of thick creams in past winters. The beginning of this last one had me reaching for pure Vaseline Petroleum Jelly (Of which is usually awesome for EVERYTHING). It would relieve the itch when applying after my daily morning shower, but my arms would be dry and awful again by night. I decided to head back to the lotion isle. Being a Vaseline buff, I took note of this brand and found the one fomulated for the most dry skin. It's wonderful! I use it every morning! My arms are now perfectly smooth and soft. No patches of anything!! It's just been a few weeks. Unlike anything else I've tried. Wonderful!
I'm not the biggest fan of the smell seeing as I'm for perfumy scents, but my boyfriend likes it. It smells like lotion.
I don't know if they have it with a pump. But it'd be delightful.

EDIT- LUBRIDERM WORKS BETTER

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by xzkiskazx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is by far awesome! sure the sweet scent fades away after some time but the results can't be beat! my skin is sooo smooth and it lasts for days even if i skip and there's so much lotion in the bottle for the not expensive price. I will 100% re-purchase again and tell all my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cuonbroadway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this lotion. I bought a huge bottle of it and I use it every night before I go to bed and right when I get out of the shower. After a week I really noticed a huge improvement in my skin. I've been carrying another small bottle of this lotion in my purse with me and it works great. My whole body feels much more moisturized, and areas like my elbows, knees, and heels don't dry out nearly as quick as they used to. Wonderful!