April 24, 2014 | 2097 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

Not bad but not great. I like the scent even though it doesn't have a true cocoa butter scent. I love the big size that comes in a pump because it's just so much easier to deal with that way. I wish I could get every lotion with a pump. Anyway, my main issue with this is that I just don't think it's moisturizing enough. I probably wouldn't buy this again in the winter, but think it may be more fitting for a summer lotion when I don't need as much moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jrl521

I did not like this lotion. I'm constantly watching my hands b/c I work with patients but this did nothing for my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by manduh

I use this moisturizer daily and it works well. I have really dry skin and I put it on after I get out of the shower, and it hydrates my skin well, and smells so good, as well as giving it a nice shine almost tanned look. I even use it on my face sometimes, and it hasn't caused breakouts or anything. Not to mention it is super cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by basicKatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i use this on my feet daily, moisturizes them all day, very good product. rubs in quite easily and soothes the itchiness of that terrible dry dead calloused winter feet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This smells sooo good. I prefer it to the Palmers cocoa butter. It's very moisturizing and reasonably priced too. It comes in a huge bottle so it lasts for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by HelenaS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this stuff! I used it at a friend's house and went out the next day and bought 2 giant pump bottles (Wal-Mart has them for 5 bucks apiece!) Talk about dirt cheap. I like this lotion because it sinks in quickly, moisturizes well, and has a nice, light scent. It is not a heavy cocoa scent but more of a light chocolate scent, but it smells good to me. And my kids love it too. I can use it on them, and they have very sensitive skin. A lot of lotions make their skin sting (even expensive health-food store lotions) but this doesn't. I can slather them with it after their baths and it soaks in quickly and they can put their pjs on right away. It is runny enough so that it is easy to massage into the skin. It is HARD to put on lotion that is thick and gooey. This is not!

I keep a bottle in my bathroom, too, to use after my shower. It really moisturizes well and helps keep my skin soft during cold New England winters. Love the pump bottle b/c it is easier to dispense. Wish the bottle was a little less garish (don't really need the blue graphics) but I'm not complaining! I'll buy this over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I like the smell of this lotion and I am generally a fan of Vaseline products but honestly this lotion did not moisturize my skin at all and I don't even have terribly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by theluscioushellcat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not long ago, I was scratching my ankle under my sock and noticed that I had actually scratched my skin until it bled. Clearly I needed much more moisturizer - Bath & Body Works' assorted lotions weren't doing it, and while I love Jergen's Original Formula, it worked for me better in Dallas than in Denver. I bought this after remembering that my father's dermatologist, who was treating Dad for skin cancers, noted his terribly dry skin and recommended cocoa butter. Ahhhh, finally some real comfort for dry skin in dry Colorado in dry winter. This is not for normal skin, it's for dry skin, a dry skin that can tolerate a moisturizer that to a degree stays on top of the skin to protect and heal it. What I just wrote may imply that this is sticky, yet, I still don't find this sticky. I put this on after my shower, and by the time I have brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on my makeup and combed my hair, it's certainly 'in' enough to put on my clothes. That would be my normal routine for any lotion, so I haven't made any changes for this lotion. I haven't needed to. I like.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

I can't believe I still haven't reviewed t his product despite the amount of hate I have for it. Sorry to be a downer on all these positive reviews below but this product is so not worth buying. My partner bought a 3 pack of these at Costco and it's been torture trying to finish it. The smell is atrocious and NOTHING like cocoa or chocolate. In fact, it smells like some disgusting medicine. And the moisturizing power is not so great either. It stays on the skin like a nasty layer. Gross gross gross. Thankfully we're almost out of this garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

I tried to like/love/adore this product, but it had left a sticky film on my skin and caused a massive breakout on my back, shoulders and chest. Will not repurchase.