December 22, 2014 | 905 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

SMELL: this smells funny, like some others have said Ö i canít put my name on what it smells like. some funny teen pimple cream? weird. and it does linger for a while. LOOK: iím a bit of a powder addict (i fight it because it can be aging) but no matter how much i put on of this, i donít look cakey! i used the Ďfairí (the lightest of the three available here) and itís a good colour match. PACKAGING: itís nice, feels weighty in the hand. PROBLEMS: apart from the smell, my only qualm so far is that when i swirl my powder brush over the pan (i donít like using puffs), it seems to kick up a lot of powder that doesnít stick to the brush but just collect in the groove of the compactÖ seems like a bit of a waste. VERDICT: iíll see how long the compact lasts for, but i think i will go back to my rimmel because of a) the smell b) the excess powder kicked up and c) the cost (rimmel is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by essence293

I had to use this product for a week before giving it a review and it's actually working out pretty good for me. Now granted, it's not my HG, but for it does an ok job and helps actually give you a smooth appearance and I notice that I don't have to reapply as much and when I do, it doesn't appear to be caked on. The bottom line is, I don't think I will be repurchasing this (I have purchased twice--once the color was too light and this time just a shade too dark)but it really is an ok product, but I just feel as if there is something else out there better suited for me. ***Update*** I have had to order my higher end powder online and there was a delay in my receiving it, so I had to rely on CG Smoothers and I don't know if it's because I changed foundations, but I'm really starting to like this. It's (or the foundation) is giving me a flawless look and I don't have to reapply by noon. I'm seriously thinking about saving some money and repurchasing this along with Aziza which btw is cheap and I love as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2005 9:57:00 PM More reviews by satin828

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I brought this powder in translucent medium, which is the colour of my skin but for powders I should always go for a shade lighter so that they don't darken my foundation. Well, I didn't so I suffered. Although I like the ultra smooth texture, this powder did not mattify my skin well. I was shiny in two or three hours, which never happens with all my other powders.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by XxPinaColadaxX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder. The smell is kind of weird, but it fades after you have applied it. It leaves my skin looking soft and hides any redness I may have. I think this would be better in the summer when I am more oily skin, because in the winter my skin is too dry and any powder I use sticks to the flakes :-P I love the little blue compact that comes with small powder puff. If this was fragrance free, it would be my HG! :-D

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2004 7:17:00 PM More reviews by RepunzeltheBlonde

This was an OK powder, but nothing to rave about. It really stuck to dry flakes, but I found that if I moisturize first, it looks pretty good. I prefer Clinique superpowder double face powder, it's worth the extra $$$.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this powder when I ran out and asked my mother-in-law if she had any powder I could use after applying my foundation. Who knew that a woman who could afford high end cosmetics used Cover Girl!? Her response was simply "We all have beauty secrets we must keep secret, dear. Otherwise they are not secrets right?". I was flabbergasted and had to admit what she said was true. I liked this so well I bought this after my stand by ran out. I wouldn't call this my HG, but it does the job for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Desiree11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how this powder leaves my skin matte and velvety. My only gripe is the powder puff. It falls apart and sheds. I've been through 4 of 5 compacts and the same thing happens. Other than that, the powder is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by KateJ

After going thru DiorSkin, YSL Matte Pressed Powder #4, MAC pressed, MAC blot powder, Stila Illuminating Pressed Poweder... I caved and went back to my 'ol high school favorite - Cover Girl. And I have got to tell you - Cover Girl Smoothers in translucent light beats them all. I really, really want to find a higher end powder that I like as much because it is a tad embarassing at my age (30) to be pulling out the CoverGirl compact. So if anyone has suggestions re: a fancy pressed powder that is equally as good, please email me. However, until such time, I am forced to admit that this stuff is great. It absorbs oil, provides natural coverage, feels light on your skin, and can be used through out the day for touch ups without ever becoming cakey. All this for under $10CDN!! **UPDATE** I have still be on a quest for a 'posh' pressed powder, even going so far as to buy Chanel's Poudre Universelle. I love Chanel's swanky compact, but the powder is mediocre to bad (more than 1 touch up & you start to see the powder in your pores - ulch). So I am back to CG Smoothers. So far this is my fave!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Well I caved!! I am a makeup whore.....I was tired of looking in the mirror and seeing my makeup rise above my pores and applying powder to cover it just made things worse....now I am talking about everything from cheapies to super expensive compacts....reading reviews on MUA about this I tried and I can't belive how pleased I am....I used this with the tinted moisturizer in light to medium and vola!! My skin looks great, feels great, no oil slicks and I put this on about 7:00 this morning....the compact is a pretty blue color and the smells is clean...who knew, Cover Girl????

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2004 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ShaunaQ

I love this powder! The scent is strong but I like it. The powder is very finely milled and goes on super smooth. It has just the right amount of coverage, doesn't feel heavy at all. I like the packaging, a very deep blue color and the puff is satisfactory.