Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Good stuff. Although my staple is MAC Blot Powder in Dark, this stuff in Translucent Honey does the trick for me. My face looks flawless.

This is very good for a pressed powder. I love the shimmery glitter particles that it leaves on my skin, but it can't compare to the effect of a loose powder applied with a good powder brush. It's good in a pinch, as loose powder really isn't very practical for transporting.

I never expected covergirl to have such a good powder. I've tried so many powders, and this gives the smoothest look to skin. flawless.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff in Translucent Medium. It absorbs shine yet dissapears into the skin. I like the little puff that comes with it, but I always buy extras and replace them every once in a while, because the powder lasts me forever but after a while the puff gets kind of grody.

Very nice product, thanks MUA! b/c I would have never tried it w/o the reviews. I like it better than my stupid Stila pressed powder, which in Medium didn't match my yellow-toned NC25 skin very well, and whose compact, even though it's pretty, doesn't open all the way, and then the damn refills don't stick to the pan properly so they always get loose and then crumble. What good is a pressed powder if you can't carry it around for touchups without it falling apart?? CG Smoothers in Translucent Medium, on the other hand, matches it very well, doesn't look cakey, gets rid of shine. This is a dark blue round compact and is about $4 or 5. There is a strong smell to it, somewhat flowery. While I could do without it, it doesn't bother me much. Overall a good product at a great price. I'm definitely buying again.

SMELL: this smells funny, like some others have said Ö i canít put my name on what it smells like. some funny teen pimple cream? weird. and it does linger for a while. LOOK: iím a bit of a powder addict (i fight it because it can be aging) but no matter how much i put on of this, i donít look cakey! i used the Ďfairí (the lightest of the three available here) and itís a good colour match. PACKAGING: itís nice, feels weighty in the hand. PROBLEMS: apart from the smell, my only qualm so far is that when i swirl my powder brush over the pan (i donít like using puffs), it seems to kick up a lot of powder that doesnít stick to the brush but just collect in the groove of the compactÖ seems like a bit of a waste. VERDICT: iíll see how long the compact lasts for, but i think i will go back to my rimmel because of a) the smell b) the excess powder kicked up and c) the cost (rimmel is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper).

I had to use this product for a week before giving it a review and it's actually working out pretty good for me. Now granted, it's not my HG, but for it does an ok job and helps actually give you a smooth appearance and I notice that I don't have to reapply as much and when I do, it doesn't appear to be caked on. The bottom line is, I don't think I will be repurchasing this (I have purchased twice--once the color was too light and this time just a shade too dark)but it really is an ok product, but I just feel as if there is something else out there better suited for me. ***Update*** I have had to order my higher end powder online and there was a delay in my receiving it, so I had to rely on CG Smoothers and I don't know if it's because I changed foundations, but I'm really starting to like this. It's (or the foundation) is giving me a flawless look and I don't have to reapply by noon. I'm seriously thinking about saving some money and repurchasing this along with Aziza which btw is cheap and I love as well.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I brought this powder in translucent medium, which is the colour of my skin but for powders I should always go for a shade lighter so that they don't darken my foundation. Well, I didn't so I suffered. Although I like the ultra smooth texture, this powder did not mattify my skin well. I was shiny in two or three hours, which never happens with all my other powders.

I really like this powder. The smell is kind of weird, but it fades after you have applied it. It leaves my skin looking soft and hides any redness I may have. I think this would be better in the summer when I am more oily skin, because in the winter my skin is too dry and any powder I use sticks to the flakes :-P I love the little blue compact that comes with small powder puff. If this was fragrance free, it would be my HG! :-D

This was an OK powder, but nothing to rave about. It really stuck to dry flakes, but I found that if I moisturize first, it looks pretty good. I prefer Clinique superpowder double face powder, it's worth the extra $$$.