Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/24/2010 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have pretty tough skin and haven't broken out in 10 years, that is until I used The Present Clear Makeup. On top of that my t-zone was about 3x as oily when I used this. I thought at first maybe it's just hormones so I experimented a couple days using this stuff on one half of my face and
Smashbox on the other. It wasn't hormones. A total waste of $30 and I bought it on Amazon so I don't think I can return it, I'm going to stick with buying makeup expensive in a store with a return policy.

I'm not too crazy about face primers. I don't see a difference in the wear of my makeup, so I'm not an expert on them at all. But this little tube has significantly changed how my makeup looks. I have combination/oily skin and this primer completely controls my oil. My foundation looks airbrushed and smooth, which I love. A bad thing for me was you really do have to wait two minutes for it to set, otherwise it'll streak like CRAZY! Thats why I didn't like this product for a while, but once I learned to use it correctly I love it. I will consider purchasing this again because it's really changed how my foundation looks on me. The only thing that would deter me from buying this again is the price.

on 4/29/2010 11:04:00 PM

HG primer. Smooth and great.
It's not kidding on the packaging about the necessity to wait 2 minutes before applying though. Applying makeup before the primer settles results in a surprisingly intense streaking effect.
If you can read and follow basic directions, I believe you will find this primer to be outstanding.

on 4/24/2010 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I really like this product, it's a face primer that can also be used alone as a clear makeup or as a moisturizer. I use it under foundation and over my regular moisturizer as I don't find it moisturizing enough to use alone. It has a quite strong scent of lavender, but it disappears quickly after application.

The product is easy to put on and makes the skin visibly smoother and softer and makes a great base for makeup. The downsides are that it doesn't have spf and that you have to use a lot to get the desired effect so a tube doesn't last very long.

on 4/24/2010 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

If the Angels could bestow a primer on us women as a present (pun intended), this would be it. I love, love, love this primer. This is my third product by Philosophy and I am in heaven. I use it in conjunction with Amazing Grace Body Emulsion lotion and the Amazing Grace perfumed body mist. The Present does what it says it does - minimizes pores and gives my face a literal canvas on which to apply my makeup. Then, I thought to myself "Maybe this is mind over matter. Maybe it appears to work because I'm psyching myself out". I tested my theory this morning that this is not the case. I applied my make up without using The Present and the make up did not go on as smoothly, nor did it cover as completely. Nice, yes; flawless, no. Not without The Present.

Ladies, be good to yourself. By yourself a present... this Present.

on 4/21/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh, Philosophy. I love your skincare, I love your shower gels, I love your fragrances. But I do not love this. It went on like spackle paste, it smells like an old lady's bath powder, and my foundation looked like someone shot me with a beige paintball gun. YUCK. I'm glad I only tried a sample.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was really excited to try this product from all of the great reviews. I had tried MUFE's primer and Smashbox photofinish, but they just felt really unnatural. This smelled really good (like lavender) but went on like elmer's glue! it was really thick and hard to blend. You have to let it set for a few minutes before putting on foundation/TM. It felt really nice and smooth once it dried, and it was easy to blend my TM. It kept makeup on nicely, but it made my skin really oily! I don't have oily skin, but my t-zone was sooo shiny after a few hours of this on. After a few days i noticed i was starting to break out on my forehead and temples and had no idea what it was that was causing it. after about a week of using this i had the worst breakout of my LIFE. it was so horrible and disgusting. i immeditaly stopped using this. It was like 40% small blemishes and 60% clogged pores. I'm still not completely cleared up from this, and it's been over a month and a half. If you have sensitive skin i WOULD NOT recommend this.

on 3/21/2010 5:59:00 PM

Got this in a combo pack with the supernatural for approx. 20$ cdn at Winners (TJMAXX)

What I love:
The smell (herbalish)
The consistency-smooth cream
It's colorless
Doesn't make my combo skin oily
Makeup goes on smooth and seems to stay but I get the same reaction even if I didn't put this on.

What I don't like:
It didn't shrink my pores
It didn't do anything for fine lines

Disappointing because I really was looking for something that would do something about my pores.

Final result: It's nice but not nice enough for the price.

Still on the search for my HG primer

on 3/18/2010 4:16:00 PM

OK so i bought this product on sale at Winners (in Canada it is like TJ Maxx and ROss for you Americans:)) I tried it on top of Hope in a jar and it is amazing. My face looks like a canvas. I put MAC mineralize skinfinish in light meduim on top and voila! Instant smooth cleaR skin. I am making another trip to WInners to see if there is any left:)

on 3/8/2010 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff. I was looking for a product that I could use as both a light moisturizer and a primer that wouldn't break my extremely finicky skin out. This product does the trick, plus it seems to really help to prevent my face from looking like an oil slick half way through the day. I love the way it feels on my skin after I've let it set for a couple minutes before I put my makeup on over it. If it weren't for my completely uneven skin tone I would wear this product alone, instead of makeup. My only issue, which isn't really a big deal, is that it is really THICK. I was concerned that it would be really heavy because of that and that it might break me out. That hasn't been the case at all. Once you rub this stuff in and let it set, it feels as light as air.