April 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Enzyme Cleansing Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Vdelga6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although I loved the smell and fresh feeling of this cleanser, I don't feel it actually did any deep cleansing. I have combination skin and my T-zone easily forms whiteheads so I wanted a gentle/natural cleanser but unfortunately it couldnt control my oil throughout the day. I didn't form new whiteheads but my skin became very shiny towards the middle ( I also used the yellow toner by badescu). So if your skin gets oily fast, not sure this is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by elliemarie17

Miracle in a bottle! I've been using this stuff twice a day for only 3 days now and I am already seeing major improvement in my skin! I am a young teen with acne-prone, oily-combo skin and this stuff really helps clean my pores, unclog blackheads & whiteheads, and even prevent & clear up my acne! I really love the texture and smell of this product. I feel like I am actually treating my skin with this, unlike most of the non-working drugstore cleansers out there. I have used so many and I've finally found the cleanser I've been looking for all these years! It hasn't cleared up my acne but it is helping and I can really see a difference already that my skin has improved. I exchanged my MB Acne Cleanser for this and I am so glad I did! That product was okay but didn't really do anything to help my acne, but this does! It does not irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out, but it does help my oily skin become more matte..and I think that's awesome! It's also evening out my skintone! I have never used a cleanser that does so many amazing things for my face. I am truly impressed thus far!! I will write an update in a week or so to show progress.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not a good product for me, this plus another MB product left my skin very irritated and I'm still working on repairing my skin barrier 6 months later. At the same time, my acne cleared up completely while using this and I broke out again when I stopped so I might have had more luck with this product when I was younger and had oilier, less sensitive skin. Also, I really dont trust MB's ingredient listings as this product seems to have color and fragrance added and there is none listed (this is not the only one of their products I've seen where the ingredients don't add up.)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

Yes, yes, yesss. I love this stuff! I ordered this product off of Hautelook so I got it for an awesome price ($18 for 16oz if I remember correctly).

First off, the bottle is effing HUGE. I have a feeling this cleanser is going to last me a year, maybe even longer. With this product, I only need to use the tiniest amount! A pea size and a half is perfect. This is the first non-foaming cleanser that I've tried so it definitely took a bit of getting used to. It's a really smooth consistency. I occasionally use this with a Skinsonic (Clarisonic-type cleansing brush) but I actually like it more when I just use my hands.

The smell of this cleanser put me off a bit at first but now I'm used to it, I don't even notice it. I really like the color and sometimes it looks like there are shimmers in the product!

I like the fact that there are so few ingredients too. I can pronounce everything in the list. That's one of the reasons I really wanted to try these products.

This cleanser really has helped me skin a lot! I was previously using the PTR Beta Hydroxy Acid cleanser, which I loved, but this Mario Badescu cleanser has just stolen my heart. My skin is so smooth, it's ridiculous. Like, my face seriously feels like a baby's butt. I rarely break out now and I feel like it's even helping the blackheads I've got too. The main reason I wanted this cleanser is because of the gentle exfoliation because of the papaya extract. I feel like this is helping my hyperpigmentation a lot! Whenever I get a pimple, I always get a dark spot afterwards. This cleanser is helping to fade those.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Productboi20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Over all fun, average cleanser... too large of bottle.. make you feel like you are using a bargain brand or something. Not bad to use as a body wash in all honesty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Caitie379

My skin is sensitive, and I used to have terribly combo skin which was very oily in the T-zone causing an overload of blackheads which lead to me over cleansing which led to a flaky nose 24/7. Over the past 6 months I have been researching and changing my skincare routine. I read reviews on this cleanser and decided to give it a try. It is non foaming and non irritating. I also think that it smells wonderful. When I first started to use this cleanser, I used it along with Mario's Silver Powder to really hit my skin. The first week was TERRIBLE but in a good way, as my skin was purging everything out. I had so many more pimples than I usually ever get and I was beginning to worry, but after that my skin has never looked better. This cleanser helps with blackheads,whiteheads. My skin is so clear and glowing with NO REDNESS. I think I've found my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by akern9k

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really enjoying this cleanser. I have very, very sensitive skin that's very combination, with nose, chin, and between eyebrows prone to lots of tiny little papules and milia-type oil plugs. I'm always wary of strong products because I often feel I break out worse the more aggressively I try to just treat these little almost-invisible oil plugs. However, I was impressed at the very short, pronounceable list of ingredients in this cleanser. It took a few uses to get used to the fact that it doesn't foam, but it rubs in beautifully with fingers, and always leaves my skin feeling perfect once I've patted dry. My face feels refreshed, purified, and clean, while never feeling the least bit tight or dry - and this has happened to me with other cleansers marketed as being for "sensitive" skin. I feel it's effective enough at night to get everything off (I use jojoba oil or Boscia's oil cleanser if I'm wearing very heavy sunscreen or tons of makeup, which is admittedly rare), and gentle enough for use in the morning when I don't need as much of a deep cleanse. I'm very impressed, and also think it's a pretty good bargain, since you get a fairly huge 8oz bottle for 12$ - given the generous size of it that seems to be almost on par with most drugstore brands. Overall, I'm impressed, and plan to repurchase - recommend if you see your skincare in my description - super sensitive combo types. A winner! The packaging could be a tiny bit better, but it's honestly not even enough for me to take off a star since I feel this is such an effective product.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for at least 8 weeks now. I am completely sold on it. My complexion is smoother, clearer and more even toned that it has been in years. It took me a while to get used to using a non-foaming cleanser but I certainly don't miss that quality now. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by cendana

No fuss cleanser, this one is. It smells so fresh and so good it makes you feel good using it. It does not strip your skin. It cleanses well and can even be used to remove your base makeup (such as foundation). Massage onto your skin and use damp warm face cloth to cleanse off. You can see the foundation just melts off your face. This is soothing and first product from Mario Badescu and I'm impressed. You might get put off by its non foamingness but you don't need the foam to feel that it has cleansed your face thoroughly.
In Australia, you can get them from Kit Cosmetics at AUD$35.95 for a good 236ml bottle

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first, I believed that this was a super product--maybe even HG. After I washed my face with this, it felt soft and looked brighter. It also didn't leave my skin dry after washing.

However, I noticed that after a week of using this, my chin broke out really badly (can you say 'constellation of pimples'??). At first I didn't think the cleanser was the culprit so I continued using it. I put clindamycin on the pimples then moved on with my life. The following nights however, I noticed that the other side of my chin was also developing small bumps and whiteheads and then alarm bells started to ring in my head. I'd never had this bad of a breakout so I believe that since this was the only item I added to my regimen then this must be the culprit. Such a tragedy. I've stopped using this cleanser today. I'll update in a week's time to show if there's been any improvement.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No