Smith's Rosebud Salve Minted Rose Lip Balm

4.1

Petrolatum, Peppermint Oil, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils).

on 12/29/2009 3:14:00 AM

I actually find this product to be very drying. The product applies very thin, has little lasting power and laves my lips dry. Would not repurchase. I didn't have this problem with the original rosebud salve. I do kind of like the antique looking tin.

on 12/28/2009 10:52:00 PM

I was hoping that this would not smell/taste like the original--that the mint would be stronger. Like the original, it smells and tastes like bathroom cleaner. However, it does seem to moisturize well and the shine is really nice, but I can't get past the harshness of the rosy chemical fragrance of it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this salve. It smoothes my lips and it creates a light coral tint on my lips. The smell didn't smell like rose at all; I'm not sure if it was supposed to though. The tingy feeling made applying mip balm a little more exciting. The only thing I would change would be the smell. But in any case, I'm content and will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product because it makes my lips so soft. This product should be used right before you go to bed because your lips will have enough time to make your lips soft. I really don't recommend this product for day usage because your lips won't be as soft. I would use this sometimes in the daytime to act like a gloss. I hate the smell because it smells nasty, and the packaging isn't the best. This would be a really good product if it wasn't for the packaging, the smell, and if it had SPF in it.

on 8/18/2009 4:22:00 PM

I've only been using this product for a few days now, throughout the day and before I go to bed, but what a difference it's already made! My lips have never been so moisturized... I love being able to rub my lips together and not have to feel the chapped skin. Gives a nice, natural dewy look to the lips without looking glossy (good for when you don't want to look overdone!) Love this product, and will continue to purchase it. I thought it was a bit pricey at 10 bucks a pop at first (compared to 4 or 5 dollar drug store balms), but the tin is huge and will last me quite a while! But seeing as how it will probably last me a long time, I've definitely gotta make sure that my hands are clean each time I use it. Also a great cuticle moisturizer :)

on 7/20/2009 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was at the Sephora counter when I was checking out, and for some reason I just had to get it! I had the original and strawberry one a long time ago, but they've been long since lost..and I never really felt compelled to get replacements until now. You'd think minty rose would be a gross smell combo, but surprisingly it's not bad. It's more rose-y mint scented in the tin, but on my lips it's more minty scented imo. It also has a light cool minty tingle which I personally like. The tin is uber cute too, though I hate tins and the lid sometimes is hard to pull off. Aside from packaging, this stuff is super moisturizing without leaving a gross white ring around your lips. It doesn't really have any color on my fairly pigmented lips, but overall it gives a nice natural shine. Definitely will NOT be losing this one!

on 7/6/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful lip balm. I got this as a last minute purchase at Sephora, and I'm incredibly glad I picked it up.
It's slightly tinted, a very sheer color. It looks very natural on my lips, but it gives them a shine and dewy glow. I've found that the light pink color really adds brightness to my face as a whole. The scent is very pleasant, and not overpowering. It leaves my lips with a nice, sweet taste, which I like a lot. It also moisturizes quite well, and has a nice slight tingle from the mint-- a bit like Burt's Bees original lip balm, but taken down a notch.
The tin container can be a bit hard to open (especially if it's sitting in a colder environment), but I like the packaging. The texture of the balm changes with temperature as well (harder when it's cool, softer when it's warm), but I think that's true with a lot of lip balms/salves.
Overall, I do love this product, and would definitely repurchase.

Overall, I love this product and would purchase again. It's great value and is very soothing on the lips. A bit slippery so I wouldn't recommend putting it under anything but gloss. Definitely provides lots of moisture and is superior to many other balms I've tried.

on 6/13/2009 3:51:00 AM

<3 <3 <3 Love, love, love, this product. I liked the original, but the addition of the mint blows everything else in a pot out of the water. It makes your lips look soft and rosy with a hint of sleek shine. The mint gives you a refreshing zing. This and my Shu Uemura eyelash curler are my two biggest must haves.

on 5/13/2009 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love Rosebud products! I am addicted to this tinted lip balm as it makes your lips shiny with a subtle tint of pink sheen and moisturizes like you wouldn't believe! I wear this when I am not wearing lipstick or gloss and it is fabulous. A little takes you a long way too so it's a very good value. I keep a regular lip salve container in my nightstand next to my bed and put it on my lips and cuticles before I go to bed. It has multi-usage value too!

Popular Lip Treatments