La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 4/2/2006 7:07:00 AM

Awesome foundation. I thought Beige Dore would be too light for my skin, but it blended perfectly. It is perfect for my combo skin and does not cause any breakouts. It is very light and very fine. You don't need much to have full coverage.

on 2/5/2006 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first La Prairie product I've tried, and it's so good that I have to write a review. After trying several powder foundations (Clinique, Chanel, Guerlain, among others), I've finally found a powder one that I can use on my oily/combo skin. I must admit that I did prefer the texture of the Guerlain (Divinora Teint Expert Confort) slightly. BUT that made my oily bits too oily, too quickly. La Prairie can be used on oily skin - yay! How happy am I find to find it! It's a lovely, very finely milled powder foundation, that glides on, and provides sheer to medium coverage (depending how much you use). It doesn't make me oilier and looks quite natural. No cakey look, no flakes, although it does oxidise a bit (but I find that with all foundations). The colours are fine for me. I'm using the lightest, Ivorie. It's a little bit light, even though I'm pale, so I want to try it in Beige Dore. OK, it's pricey, but it'll last for ages as it's big as far as compacts go. The compact is lovely, and handy. As someone else said, if you only ever buy one La Prairie product, get this one. You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've switched to liquid foundation now that I'm a bit older and my skin is drier, but I still recommend this for those who want a powder foundation and don't need too much coverage.

on 1/30/2006 6:26:00 PM

I found this to be a great, high quality powder foundation. It offered good coverage without being cakey, flakey, or turing orange. Unfortunately, the lightest shade is just too dark. On a positive note, you receive a generous amount of foundation (good because very expensive) and the packaging is well-thought out. The compact looks like a traditional powder compact, but includes a separate layer for the sponge. There is also a mirror, which is nice for touch ups. I will revisit in the summer--when I have at least some (fake tan) color. For reference, I'm a PPP with definite pink/blue undertones and combo skin.

on 1/7/2006 7:36:00 AM

This is the best!!!!!! This is how I`m using it. First put on Prescriptives Vibrant Cream and then just glide on the foundation over it. It is like magic! Do not put it around the eyes. You should have a special product for that. If you realy want to glow put Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder on the top of all this. The best look ever!RE: If you don`t have Prescriptives Vibrant Cream you can use Bourjois Happy Light as moisturiser, it is great and much cheaper.

on 12/27/2005 10:45:00 PM

I agree that this feels special. Blends into skin beautifully and leaves it creamy and silky.

on 12/18/2005 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Before I tried Shu Uemura powder foundation, I thought this was the best. La Prairre still left a build-up, and it looked like I needed to wash my face after a few hours of use, but it was not as bad as the other brands. Recently, I discovered Shu-Uemura powder foudation. This beautifies my complexion, and it stays beautiful.

on 12/18/2005 2:27:00 AM

Although I only used this for a couple of days, I have to write a review. I am so impressed! I think I have tried almost every powder foundation known to mankind (known to me, at least) and I liked (and still like) some of them very, very much. But this one is so very special and cannot be put in the same division as the other ones (which I will keep and still use, I do think your skin will thank you if you change foundations now and then). This powder covers very well, still with a natural and very silky finish. I am used to touch-ups during the day, but with this one it really isn't necessary. You can go on with your day and forget about your foundation until you take it off at night! I agree, the colour selection (6 hues) is not so great, but I was happy to find the lightest colour, Ivoire, to be a perfect match (at least to my pale winter face). OK, it is expensive, but in this case, you certainly get what you pay for.

on 11/25/2005 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I feel I owe it to La Prairie to write something about their foundation. I cant decide which is better, Christian Dior or this. Both are finely milled and didnt cause any break out. But La Prairie was smoother when I touched the powder surface in the pan. While I could layered the CD without looking too made-up (and w/o oxidization), I have to apply the La Prairie carefully on my face otherwise I risk looking sickly/pale. If I am careful about the application, honestly, the result is slightly better. It gives a sheer to medium coverage with a soft translucent finish. Although it is a 2-way foundation, I have never try it wet. If you could find a skin tone match, definitely give it a try. This comes with an extra sponge. (along with the regular sponge in the silver case)

UPDATE (JUL 2006): For a sheer finish, use a buffer brush to apply. ie Stila #21. Beige Dore for my NC25 or BB Warm Sand/Beige. This is my HG along with my CD powder foundation.

on 10/2/2005 5:26:00 AM

I am a Stila "a", MAC NC15, LM porcelain, Chantecaille alabaster, Armani MSF/LSF #2 and porcelain/ivory/lightest in most foundations. I chose this powder in ivoire, which is the lightest shade available. Unfortunately it's a tad darker than I'd like it to be and only suits my summer skin, but will be half a shade too dark for winter.

I own the following powder foundations for comparison: Stila IPF 10 watts, Versace ECC V2000, Chantecaille Shell, Armani #2. The finish of the LP powder foundation when used dry is comparable to Versace and Armani, also in terms of coverage. It's maybe just a tad heavier because of the talc content. When applied wet I like it as much as my Versace and better than the Armani, since that one goes a little orange if I use a moist sponge. Stila IPF provides a shimmery finish wet and dry, so it doesn't really compare to LP at all. The Chantecaille powder can't be used wet (at least it doesn't work for me) and if I use it dry I like it better than the LP, since I can pile it on without looking chalky. So, the LP powder foundation is up there with my other favourites, but I couldn't say I like it any better than the others. I have to be careful not to apply too much, but when I get it right it provides flawless looking skin. (You still need concealer for pimples though). I have experienced no breakouts or rashes, although I have sensitive combo skin.

The packaging is really nice- signature LP silver compact that opens into a separate sponge and a powder compartment. This also comes with a protective blue pouch and an extra sponge, which I think is a good idea. The price is Euro 55 here in Austria and the only reason I am not sure I will repurchase this. On one hand I like it a lot, but on the other hand it doesn't beat the other foundations I have and most of them come at a cheaper price. continued >>

on 9/23/2005 6:53:00 AM

The texture is great but I am an asian women and I didn't find a color that matches my yellow undertone skin ...