La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really wanted to like this, based on reviews, but alas, I couldn't match up with one of their shades. I used a powder brush to try this at Bloomies & found that the coverage was nice (buildable) and the matte finish was natural looking. My skin is light (btwn Fair & Medium) w/yellow undertones, so I tried Beige Dore. It looked like a good match until I stepped back & saw how dark my face was compared to my neck - YIPES! The only place to go from there was to Ivoire & there is no yellow in that at all (IMHO). It's just what it says it is - Ivory powder - as in off-white. So that was a bust because having alabaster powder just doesn't work on anyone unless your skin is already dead white. Of course it all makes sense when you think about it . . . why would a cosmetic company that's based in Switzerland make a foundation for a yellow-toned skin? Ever see a Swiss woman with anything but white-white skin?

I have been an mua'er for a couple of years and I am embarrassed to say this is my first review. Maybe when you know why I had to review this product you will understand. I am 3 months pregnant and my skin has been going haywire. I can't wear a liquid foundation right now bc my skin is more oily and I live in South Florida. My DH and I went to the mall in search of some "expandable clothes." I also told him I needed to find a powder for my face that looks natural and won't make my skin worse. I told him I wanted try LP bc of the mua reviews. A nice SA at Saks put this on me in natural beige and I immediately thought I looked better, but I wanted to see it in different lights and give it time to see if I would react, and how it would look when I got home. That to me would be the test. Over the next several hours I forgot I was wearing it, and became really self-conscious about my skin again, even though it didn't look bad. (I should have known it looked better bc DH would have told me "I don't like your make-up," especially at this price). By the time we got home I was really upset about my skin, practically on the verge of tears until I looked in the mirror.... I looked good! I couldn't believe it so I looked in every mirror and even in bathroom light it looked good!
I went back to Saks and picked up the compact and have worn it a couple times since. This is a great powder which settles into my skin quickly but didn't accentuate any fine lines, even they are less noticeable. I do need to moisturize before putting this on but that goes with any powder I think.
It is expensive at $65 plus tax, but I really don't think you can put a price tag on being able to look in the mirror and like how you look when you are under the influence of hormones! I also believe that every pregnant woman is entitled to have that "glow."
No question, if this continues to work for me I will repurchase!

Awesome foundation. I thought Beige Dore would be too light for my skin, but it blended perfectly. It is perfect for my combo skin and does not cause any breakouts. It is very light and very fine. You don't need much to have full coverage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the first La Prairie product I've tried, and it's so good that I have to write a review. After trying several powder foundations (Clinique, Chanel, Guerlain, among others), I've finally found a powder one that I can use on my oily/combo skin. I must admit that I did prefer the texture of the Guerlain (Divinora Teint Expert Confort) slightly. BUT that made my oily bits too oily, too quickly. La Prairie can be used on oily skin - yay! How happy am I find to find it! It's a lovely, very finely milled powder foundation, that glides on, and provides sheer to medium coverage (depending how much you use). It doesn't make me oilier and looks quite natural. No cakey look, no flakes, although it does oxidise a bit (but I find that with all foundations). The colours are fine for me. I'm using the lightest, Ivorie. It's a little bit light, even though I'm pale, so I want to try it in Beige Dore. OK, it's pricey, but it'll last for ages as it's big as far as compacts go. The compact is lovely, and handy. As someone else said, if you only ever buy one La Prairie product, get this one. You won't regret it.

UPDATE: I've switched to liquid foundation now that I'm a bit older and my skin is drier, but I still recommend this for those who want a powder foundation and don't need too much coverage.

I found this to be a great, high quality powder foundation. It offered good coverage without being cakey, flakey, or turing orange. Unfortunately, the lightest shade is just too dark. On a positive note, you receive a generous amount of foundation (good because very expensive) and the packaging is well-thought out. The compact looks like a traditional powder compact, but includes a separate layer for the sponge. There is also a mirror, which is nice for touch ups. I will revisit in the summer--when I have at least some (fake tan) color. For reference, I'm a PPP with definite pink/blue undertones and combo skin.

This is the best!!!!!! This is how I`m using it. First put on Prescriptives Vibrant Cream and then just glide on the foundation over it. It is like magic! Do not put it around the eyes. You should have a special product for that. If you realy want to glow put Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder on the top of all this. The best look ever!RE: If you don`t have Prescriptives Vibrant Cream you can use Bourjois Happy Light as moisturiser, it is great and much cheaper.

I agree that this feels special. Blends into skin beautifully and leaves it creamy and silky.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Before I tried Shu Uemura powder foundation, I thought this was the best. La Prairre still left a build-up, and it looked like I needed to wash my face after a few hours of use, but it was not as bad as the other brands. Recently, I discovered Shu-Uemura powder foudation. This beautifies my complexion, and it stays beautiful.

Although I only used this for a couple of days, I have to write a review. I am so impressed! I think I have tried almost every powder foundation known to mankind (known to me, at least) and I liked (and still like) some of them very, very much. But this one is so very special and cannot be put in the same division as the other ones (which I will keep and still use, I do think your skin will thank you if you change foundations now and then). This powder covers very well, still with a natural and very silky finish. I am used to touch-ups during the day, but with this one it really isn't necessary. You can go on with your day and forget about your foundation until you take it off at night! I agree, the colour selection (6 hues) is not so great, but I was happy to find the lightest colour, Ivoire, to be a perfect match (at least to my pale winter face). OK, it is expensive, but in this case, you certainly get what you pay for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I feel I owe it to La Prairie to write something about their foundation. I cant decide which is better, Christian Dior or this. Both are finely milled and didnt cause any break out. But La Prairie was smoother when I touched the powder surface in the pan. While I could layered the CD without looking too made-up (and w/o oxidization), I have to apply the La Prairie carefully on my face otherwise I risk looking sickly/pale. If I am careful about the application, honestly, the result is slightly better. It gives a sheer to medium coverage with a soft translucent finish. Although it is a 2-way foundation, I have never try it wet. If you could find a skin tone match, definitely give it a try. This comes with an extra sponge. (along with the regular sponge in the silver case)

UPDATE (JUL 2006): For a sheer finish, use a buffer brush to apply. ie Stila #21. Beige Dore for my NC25 or BB Warm Sand/Beige. This is my HG along with my CD powder foundation.