April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by faris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Before I tried Shu Uemura powder foundation, I thought this was the best. La Prairre still left a build-up, and it looked like I needed to wash my face after a few hours of use, but it was not as bad as the other brands. Recently, I discovered Shu-Uemura powder foudation. This beautifies my complexion, and it stays beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 2:27:00 AM More reviews by birg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although I only used this for a couple of days, I have to write a review. I am so impressed! I think I have tried almost every powder foundation known to mankind (known to me, at least) and I liked (and still like) some of them very, very much. But this one is so very special and cannot be put in the same division as the other ones (which I will keep and still use, I do think your skin will thank you if you change foundations now and then). This powder covers very well, still with a natural and very silky finish. I am used to touch-ups during the day, but with this one it really isn't necessary. You can go on with your day and forget about your foundation until you take it off at night! I agree, the colour selection (6 hues) is not so great, but I was happy to find the lightest colour, Ivoire, to be a perfect match (at least to my pale winter face). OK, it is expensive, but in this case, you certainly get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 7:12:00 AM More reviews by angmo

I feel I owe it to La Prairie to write something about their foundation. I cant decide which is better, Christian Dior or this. Both are finely milled and didnt cause any break out. But La Prairie was smoother when I touched the powder surface in the pan. While I could layered the CD without looking too made-up (and w/o oxidization), I have to apply the La Prairie carefully on my face otherwise I risk looking sickly/pale. If I am careful about the application, honestly, the result is slightly better. It gives a sheer to medium coverage with a soft translucent finish. Although it is a 2-way foundation, I have never try it wet. If you could find a skin tone match, definitely give it a try. This comes with an extra sponge. (along with the regular sponge in the silver case)

UPDATE (JUL 2006): For a sheer finish, use a buffer brush to apply. ie Stila #21. Beige Dore for my NC25 or BB Warm Sand/Beige. This is my HG along with my CD powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 5:26:00 AM More reviews by bastet

I am a Stila "a", MAC NC15, LM porcelain, Chantecaille alabaster, Armani MSF/LSF #2 and porcelain/ivory/lightest in most foundations. I chose this powder in ivoire, which is the lightest shade available. Unfortunately it's a tad darker than I'd like it to be and only suits my summer skin, but will be half a shade too dark for winter.

I own the following powder foundations for comparison: Stila IPF 10 watts, Versace ECC V2000, Chantecaille Shell, Armani #2. The finish of the LP powder foundation when used dry is comparable to Versace and Armani, also in terms of coverage. It's maybe just a tad heavier because of the talc content. When applied wet I like it as much as my Versace and better than the Armani, since that one goes a little orange if I use a moist sponge. Stila IPF provides a shimmery finish wet and dry, so it doesn't really compare to LP at all. The Chantecaille powder can't be used wet (at least it doesn't work for me) and if I use it dry I like it better than the LP, since I can pile it on without looking chalky. So, the LP powder foundation is up there with my other favourites, but I couldn't say I like it any better than the others. I have to be careful not to apply too much, but when I get it right it provides flawless looking skin. (You still need concealer for pimples though). I have experienced no breakouts or rashes, although I have sensitive combo skin.

The packaging is really nice- signature LP silver compact that opens into a separate sponge and a powder compartment. This also comes with a protective blue pouch and an extra sponge, which I think is a good idea. The price is Euro 55 here in Austria and the only reason I am not sure I will repurchase this. On one hand I like it a lot, but on the other hand it doesn't beat the other foundations I have and most of them come at a cheaper price. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2005 6:53:00 AM More reviews by aishad

The texture is great but I am an asian women and I didn't find a color that matches my yellow undertone skin ...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 4:47:00 PM More reviews by kuchkanev

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for a few months now, and I am in love!!! Based on the reviews here, I purchased this, and I’m soooo glad that I did… I use this in Ivoire, and whether I apply it wet or dry, it gives me natural looking, long-lasting coverage. This is also perfect for anyone with oily skin… The only downside to this product is its price, but it really is worth every penny… (I am not someone who would normally shell out $55.00 for foundation)... I have tried MAC, Body & Soul, Stila, Lancome and Chanel powder foundations, and was continuously disappointed… None of them came close to this… I finally decided to stop throwing money away on “cheaper” foundations, and I have repurchased this about 5 times… If you are looking for a powder foundation that actually works as well as liquid foundation, and can find a color match, try this…

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2005 11:34:00 PM More reviews by kks1977

This is a pretty good powder foundation. I use Natural Beige for my fair-medium Asian skin. It's a little too dark during the winter, but during the summer it's a pretty good match. I usually just dust a little bit all over my face and that's all. The coverage is good. I do wish they had more color options so I could find my perfect match. The Beige Dore is the closest to my skin color but has a little bit more rose color in it than I would like.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lpowers

I have been using Aveda's Dual Powder Base Minus Oil until they reformulated it (now called Inner Lights??) and the new formulation caused allergic reaction. Tried going back to liquid makeup but spoiled by powder foundation. Found this website, purchased La Prairie's Foundation Powder and LOVE IT.. I have very fair skin so the Beige Dore may be 1 shade too dark so may try 1 shade lighter next time. I agree could be more shade options BUT it blends so well and is so silky, most could get away w/a couple of different shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 3:24:00 AM More reviews by styliana

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a high quality foundation powder. it covers very well and it looks very natural on my skin. However I will not give it the highest score reason being the lack of shades. I find the colour Beige Dore not to be the perfect match for my skin .
LP powder is the best one i have tried so far and I'd probably buy it again but I will try the Versace one first. Hoping for better shades !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by diachu21

I believe this is the second product I have purchased from this line after the caviar foundation. The simpliest way I can put this is Perfection with a light hand. This beats out Shiseidos Powdery Foundation IMO. I have this in cameo and Beige Dore.

the best way to achive near perfect skin with protection is using Shiseido SunStick spf 36 underneath this foundation. With a dusting of a translucent powder then applyt LP powdery foundation is the simpliest and the fasted way of near perfection. I have gotton numerous compliments by using this technique.