September 2, 2014 | 1546 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This *could* be the next best foundation but for me it has a few flaws where I can't give it a "5" rating. First, the color selection in the U.S. is very limited, only 4 colors. OP3 was the best match for my slightly warm pale skin-tone. OP1 was a bit too light. Second, though this is easy to apply, has anyone looked at their faces in the sunlight/mirror after the product has dried? Sure, it's airbrushed and somewhat flawless, but do your see your facial hair kinda out of whack looking? It's like the air from the foundation, fluffs up your facial hair, and it dries that way. Not pretty. I don't have a lot of facial hair, not a beard or mustache, just the normal amount, but geez was I disappointed to kinda notice this. Does anyone have a solution to this? The foundation was long lasting (lasted through the day) but I don't think I'll be wearing it every day because if people are close up they're sure to see the wierd facial hair thing.... The coverage is light to medium - had to do two layers to give good coverage. Probably will stick to my LM Oil Free foundation.

Any advice on the above could change the rating for me to a 5, til then, I give it a 3 for quick application and neat invention.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love my SK-II!! Admittedly, it is expensive, but I do receive a compliment on my skin every time I use it. But, here's my secret for making the refills last forever. I do my complete make-up including a very thin application of regular foundation. Then, I take the SKI-II and spray in a light circular motion for about 4 seconds. It literally makes your skin glow and your refills will last forever as opposed to using it as your sole foundation. I think it is magical. Sometimes, I use it over a few dabs of La Mer skin treatment foundation and sometimes I use it over a tinted moisturizer. Pierre (username: nihonetcetera on eBay) has really great translation of instructions on his site...they arrive in Japanese..but he's done an excellent job of translating. Putting in the cartridge was a little tricky, but I followed his instructions exactly and it worked like a charm! He also has a listing of the benefits of pitera--one of the key ingredients. Compared with other airbrush systems, I love the portability and the ease of use. 5 stars!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by moyabean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review may be premature, since I've only used it for a week. But, at this point, this is truly HG material. For reference, my 40-ish skin is/has the following: acne-prone and breaks out even from "non-comedogenic" products, surface fine lines, HUGE pores that are visible from 5 feet away, surface dryness and flakes with very oily t-zone underneath, and quite even-toned but with dark marks from previous acne.

What sets this apart from others are the pore coverage, the porcelain-like, natural glowy finish, and how it makes my powder blush look like a cream blush. I have humungous pores that only Erno Laszlo's Shake-It can hide. But that dries out my skin. Clinique's silicone-based pore minimizer works, but only for a couple of hours before it sinks into my oiliness. This foundation fills in the pores and stays that way for about 5 hours. As for the finish, I have a glow that really looks like porcelain - a glowy top layer with the color of my skin underneath - I don't know how else to describe it. If you are familiar with Retin-A, it's that sort of glow, but less shiny and dewier. Also, because I apply it over my powder blush, it blends out the edges and makes it look like I am blushing "from within" rather than wearing blush on top of my skin.

A side benefit is how it leaves my skin after I've taken it off. My skin is extremely soft and significantly smoother, and my pores look tightened up. I know it's impossible to actually make your pores smaller (unless you use lasers), but this seems to have a long lasting tightening effect. Also, my surface dryness has gone away! I've had no problems with this foundation, except for oil breakthrough after about 5 hours of wear. Using blotting paper takes care of that, though, without disturbing the foundation.

Drawbacks are lack of SPF, price, and application, which takes a little practice. Holding the sprayer too closely produces a heavy, cakey, streaky look. But, when applied at the right distance, the look is seamless. Plus, it doesn't stick to the fuzzy hairs I have at my hairline. As for price, it's worth it to me if I can get results like this.

Regarding colors, if you have yellow or orange in your skin, stay away from BP-4, which has definite pink in it. Finally, I wouldn't recommend this if you have a lot to cover - its light coverage is best suited for those with a relatively even complexion without noticeable scars or blemishes. If you aren't acne-prone, you might also want to give MD Skincare's Tinted Moisturizer a try. I loved the finish, which is similarly light but lacks the porcelain effect. But it broke me out quite quickly.

I'm currently testing out the essence on my left hand only, and will write a review after a few weeks.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lilywhite1234

I just bought the refill for this product because it's simply the best foundation I have ever used! The TEXTURE is smooth, even and sooo natural, it improves my skin complextion without making me look like wearing a mask. I have very sensitive skin, oily, acne prone etc etc. But this foundation has NEVER CAUSED me any BREAKOUTS. A good loose powder on top can last me 4-5 hrs without blotting my face (my dior ultra matt needs blotting every2-3 hrs) so I was really impressed with it. Also I don't have to worry about spraying it into my hair/clothes because only positively charged?? can attract the foundation. HYGIENE is definitely a plus point because applying it does not involve your fingures, no sponges or brushes (I always try to avoid them because becterias can hide in them as well!). The coverage is quite good, but I normally use a little bit of concealer to cover my acne scars.
    APPLICATION: concealer (if needed, always apply it BEFORE foundation) + foundation (wait about 5-10 mins for it to settle) + loose powder (please do dust some if you have oily skin like i am!!!)
    The only negative thing I can say about this foundation is that it is quite expensive, £85 for the compact+one refill and £40 for two refills. Each refill is 5ml which is about only 20% of the standard foundations. But I would say for the result you're getting, it is definitely worth every penny of it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by marshalizv

I was thinking about buying the luminess air on the informercials but I remembered reading about this make up a while back. I figured I would bite the bullet and try it with some of my tax refund. Single mom's have to have some small perks :-) Well, it is fantastic! I love it so much. I have oily skin so it gives me a nice dewy look. Not over done at all. I also have acne scares that I use a little concealer before I apply the air touch make up. It is a splurge but it just feels so good to catch a glance of myself during a busy day and know I look nice and not tired like I really am.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by GailW64

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For years I've been buying the latest, greatest foundations in hopes of perfection in a jar. Or pump. Or powder. Why, just last week I picked up a lovely bottle of the newest Dior--the HiDef one, not the aeresol, which I did try quite a while ago and found rather drying--(which at the time, just a couple of hundred hours ago I thought was just the most wonderful, magical stuff!)

So I have to confess, I'm not shy about dropping a few dollars on my endless search for perfect skin in a jar (or pump, or powder). Heck, I bought an airbrush! (No, not the infomercial one...) And about 4 different brands of airbrush foundation, which sit unloved in my "Should I throw this out?" drawer in the spare bedroom.

So when the local Bloomies got an SKII counter, I figured, hey! why not! And despite a grueling work schedule, and getting sidetracked at both the Nars and the LM counters...because I have serious MU ADD, I finally trekked to SKII. I got color matched to OP3, which is a yellow-based foundation I was told, but on my skin appeared to have a more neutral then yellow tone. (FYI, a NC25 to 30 in MAC, 21 in CD, and I forget what else in what other brand--if you have a favorite e-mail me, and if I still have it in my "Should I throw this out?" drawer I'll look. I have combination to dry 43 year old skin in good condition, with only minor fine lines arond my eye area, and moderatly enlarged proes on the sides of my nose).

Love it. Love, love, love, love it. Really. I do. I've been wearing it for almost a week already. Lasts through the 14 hour days. Doesn't make me oily or dry. Looks LUSH and my slightly aging skin looks plump.

Ok, so it's pricy. But so are really, really cute shoes. And I'm not giving up those either.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 5:14:00 PM More reviews by media_cookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE 2/7/08: I wanted to add that this rocks at touch ups. I just used it in my office, it took about 10 seconds total to touch up my end-of-workday Rudolph nose. I love that I don't have to touch my face. This stuff is awesome. END UPDATE This did live up to the hype for me :-) I have an airbrush and the application is identical to me.. Anyway, I have light olive-y Neutral skin and the OP3 is a very good match. I am amazed how much this can cover while still looking natural. I just did a TCA peel and am as bright red as a tomato. I was home from work today when this arrived so I immediately had to try it. I was able to completely neutralize the angry red tone in my skin in less than a minute. As long as I kept it far enough away from my face, the application looked perfect and no area was heavier than another. The only thing I don't love is how long it takes to dry. about 7-10 minutes for me. I highly recommend this product though, whether you're looking for a sheer application or a natural looking heavier coverage. It's oretty amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 9:12:00 PM More reviews by elzny

After reading all the raving reviews about this, I went to try it at Saks but I couldn't bite the bullet of $150. So when I was visiting Japan over the holidays, I bought the starter kit at the duty free for 9500Yen, which is about $85, roughly 1/2 the price of Saks. I was skeptical at the time so I didn't buy refills. But I just ordered 2 sets of refills becuase I LOVE IT!! One little packet last me about 2 months. I have NC35 combination skin with occasional breakouts, although my skin has been clear & smooth since I started using Paula's Choice stuff in last July. So while I'm using this, I never needed to put on another layer of foundation or concealer underneath. It mades my face look like a porcelaine doll and it doesn't feel like I was wearing anything on my face. It's very easy to use as well, much better than DIOR's spray foundation. I feel it made me look younger because I no longer have a cake foundation/concealer mask look on my face. The price, even w/ Japanese yen discount, is still expensive. But since I'm no longer paying $50 for Diorshows, I allow myself to endulge this one. :D In terms of color, this OB-4 is like the darkest color in Japan, but still very light on me, but I noticed that it's hard to tell b/c the sprayed layer is so fine & light. My face just looks very natural & glowing. I don't put powder after that, fearing to diminish this glowing result. I'll try the colors in Saks after I'm done with my refills.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Usstate35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite impressed with SKII, and the way it leaves my skin looking almost flawless. I have combination skin, with very large pores on my nose and just inside my cheeks. This product almost totally hides them. I went to visit my parents yesterday, and my dad mentioned that my complexion looked so good and I looked so vibrant. (course, they blamed it on my new boyfriend..;). My complexion is medium/ olive, so the OP3 works the best in the winter, since there aren't too many colors to choose from. I'm waiting on the BR6 to arrive, which should be darker and more compatible with the upcoming spring and summer months. (will keep you posted on the results) Course, like everyone else, I would have to say the price is high..though well worth it. After reading other reviews, I tried some of the helpful hints and a few of them worked!..thanks!...(ie 4" away from the face, apply blush before applying SKII, it helps save on the use of the product if you apply a lite coverage of foundation underneath, and wait to apply any powder so the product completely dries first).
    BR6 is much more compatible with my skin tone; olive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color Match:
    Ugh - I initially tried to spend less money and purchased the entire kit from Japan. Problem was, the colors available are different.

One company said to try BE-2 ("medium beige"), the other thought OB-4 ("tanned ochre beige") was best. Well, I went with OB-4 and this is way, way, way TOO light.

I ended up purchasing more refills from Bloomingdale's, BR-6 and finally found a good color match. [edited to add] I'm med olive Asian. The BR-6 was yellow enough for me. I usually wear Armani liquid foundation in #8 or #9.

Packaging:

It took me forever to pop in the little cartridge and I'm still not totally convinced I did it correctly because I never heard the "Pop" that I was told would happen. I've looked at instructions from 3 places and all are less than stellar.
    Overall:
    This foundation creates an incredibly flawless finish. I usually wear alone but I've also worn over a little mineral foundation. It is also fantastic to perk up your makeup for the evening. I added a little blush and did a couple of strokes over my blush.
    Downsides:
    1. color selection
    2. price
    3. can't spray over mascara, or any dark smokey eye color.
    continued >>