Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Gloss (all)

3.8

I got this for free with a coupon, I believe i got the melon one but it didn't have much of a colour to it anyway so it's just a clear gloss. The taste of it is kind of stomach turning sometimes, and the gloss is just plain sticky. I wouldn't buy it

on 4/18/2010 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is indeed a fun lip gloss. The color selections are nothing special, but this gloss itself has no pigmentation at all, so colors don't matter. I got it in Candy Baby and love the pink color. The smell is good too. Some people say it's sticky and thick but god you should try those lip glosses by Philosophy and see which ones are stickier. This one is not as thick as Clinique Superbalm or as sticky as Philosophy. However, this one is not moisturizing at all, compare to the other two. When having it on I feel my lips dry out super fast. As a lip gloss it doesn't suppose to be like that. And another problem I had with this gloss is that after wearing it for a few hours, I started seeing blisters around my mouth, which is horror. I really want to love it though :(

on 4/6/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

my most used lipgloss, most of them taste great they give a nice sheen and they are convienient. i buy them often, they are sticky but i like sticky glosses because they hold up and last better and are super moisturizing.

on 3/28/2010 12:11:00 PM

I had a regular clear lip gloss from this. It was great until after the lip gloss started to ware off.. It left a white sticky liquid on my lips..

Thick, goopy, sticky mess.. I really wanted to like this. The smell is nice. The shine is nice. But that is it. There are far better glosses out there at a better price. Did not work for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is an okay gloss with great smell. They are very thick and can be a little tacky but the colors show up great on my lips, however,I will stick to MAC lip glosses.

on 3/14/2010 1:45:00 AM

I don't know why people like this so much. I hate it!
I have it in the colour winterberry, and the colous is pretty, a lilac with purple, but the consistency of it drives me crazy! It's so thick and sticky! This lipstick is definitely not for me.

on 2/14/2010 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with beauty rush lipglosses!

I only have 5 as for now, since I participated in the 5/$20 deal going on now. Or 2/$12

They are pretty sheer, as with most tubed lip glosses, but they give off some color pay off & they smell & taste yummy (seriously, you could EAT these things they taste so good!)

But the thing I like with these, as with all tubed lip glosses is that they are more casual then lip glosses that you have to pull out the wand with. You know? I mean, it's a lot easier to just pull out a tube of lip gloss & just put it on in class instead of pulling out a lip gloss with a huge wand.

So I like these, and will continue to buy more. I think they are perfect for anyone in their teens. They get expensive if you buy more than 2 so I only buy them when they have a sale going on.

edit:
One thing I DON'T like about them is that they are VERY sticky.

I'm saying, if you slick the slightest amount on your lips and then start talking, the person you're talking to will see a million little threads of gloss sticking from your lips. && it's GROSS. It also can feel uncomfortable on your lips.

on 2/1/2010 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've never shopped at Victoria's Secret before, because I was really put-off by their whole image. But someone gave me one of their Beauty Rush glosses, and I liked it well enough that I actually walked into one of their stores and bought myself a second color. (That's saying a lot!)

To start with, these feel just wonderful! They feel like a good lip balm. They're long-lasting, and seem to make my lips look really full and smooth. (I mean, even compared with other glosses.) They're very sheer, so if you want tint, you have to get one that looks fairly dark in the tube. I have "Juiced Berry", which is a sheer rose tone, and "Passion Fruit", which is a sheer soft pink. "Red Delicious" and "Yummy Berry" also look like good choices.

I'm giving this product 5 stars, even though I DO WISH they had a better color sellection to choose from. They offer tons of shades, but half the ones I tested came out looking almost clear. Also, a lot of them are way too heavy in glitter for me! Even the two I got have a touch of sparkle in them, but some of them are all-out "Snow Globe".

If your looking for a pigmented color, skip these lip glosses! These are super sheer and the glitter is hardly noticeable. If you put on loads of product the sparkles will show up, but it distributes unevenly due to the fact that there is no wand and just a slanted tip. It's a messy application, not very creamy for a lip gloss. I didn't love this product, I am mostly a MAC girl when it comes to lip gloss. Except! I can not lie, for the price, you are paying for what you get. This is a good gloss for everyday, whether that be school or work etc. I don't mind paying for a cheaper gloss, to not waste my more expensive glosses, and using this gloss is pretty decent! The flavors are yummy! The colors are cute and sheer, and it keeps my lips hydrated which is a huge deal when the winters in your country have snow! It has stood the test of cold -20 degrees, celcius. A cute lip gloss I would say compares well to the Lancome Juicy Tubes!

Popular Lip Glosses