Bath and Body Works Sensual Amber EDT [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

on 11/25/2007 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Another person joining the lovefest for Sensual Amber. In the winter, I crave warm and comforting scents, and this fragrance has satisfied that craving. The EDT starts out as a warm, subtly spicy, sweet scent. Then as the day progresses, it smells like chocolate mixed in with a floral sweetness. Nothing overpowering or tutti fruity, just very cozy and feminine.

Although it is only $18, I feel luxurious. To be honest, it feels just like amber should feel like. Sophisticated, but not inaccessible; earthy, but not dirty, sweet, but not preteenish or cheap. Just right.

For a longer lasting life, I layer this with the shower gel, and the body lotion (I mix the body lotion with vaseline for more moisture. The winter mistreats my skin.) I also have the body splash, and I wear that for touch ups or at night before I go to bed.

Oh yeah, and I have received many compliments when I wear this, so two thumbs up!

on 11/25/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I had pretty much given up on B&BW fragrances in any form as almost everything seems to dry down to the same old nauseating base. Well, on a whim I decided to try their new Sensual Amber - and it was love at first smell!! It was spicy in a refreshing way, not in the least bit cloying or overpowering or masculine or food-y and is suitable for daytime wear.

I like a spicy (fl)oriental during the Winter holiday season but am leery of most of them as my body chemistry intensifies fragrances and gives me headaches. Even when I choose the rare fragrance that I can tolerate on myself after four hours or so, I spray it away from me and walk into the mist. I sprayed B&BW Sensual Amber directly on my cleavage and it's retaining its pleasant spiciness on me.

I've thought of layering it with the Blackberry Amber body splash as I'd tried them both on my upper arm at the store and the lovely smell lingered on the rest of the day.

This (together with White Cherry Blossoms) is a rare B&BW product I'd recommend to a discerning fashionista who stays away from "low end" products. I'd heartily recommend either or both of these as lovely and affordable stocking stuffers!

on 11/24/2007 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely divine! I LOVE this deep, sexy scent. Not too strong and still so feminine. I really love this! Now I need to try their blackberry amber scent!

Fist off..the price is great--$18!
This stuff smells A-MAZING! Now that the weather is getting cold I wear it almost everyday. It makes me feel cozy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh yum! I'm so glad I tried this. To me, this scent strikes the best balance between sweet and musky/deep. It has the best attributes of both. It's a warm sensual fragrance that manages to stay clean smelling, not so deep that you almost dirty. And the ones that smell like you rubbed vanilla sugar on yourself don't work for me either. This has softer top notes that lighten the scent considerably. It's wonderful to smell on yourself and delightful to use in combination with their body products. Probably the best thing that they've come up with since Japanese Cherry Blossom.

EDITED TO ADD: I was getting on a plane the other day and the man standing behind me took a noticeable 'sniff' of me and then said "What are you wearing? That's really beautiful." Hey, it made my day!

on 10/2/2007 1:13:00 PM

I am very sensitive to perfumes but this one doesn't make my allergies go crazy and it smells divine! I would describe it as a 'dark', 'warm' scent that is very endearing and in my opinion, very comforting. I wear this when the weather starts getting cooler, it is a 'seasonal' fragrance to be sure. I wear it practically everyday now and have not gotten burned out on it yet.

on 9/18/2007 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I like this, but I don't love it and can't wear it. It's deep and sensual, definitely an amber topnote and a distintive fall scent. Unfortunately, it's a bit too much for me. I prefer the body splash because it's a lighter version that doesn't overpower like the actual fragrance does, nor does it turn harsh and musty on me after about an hour. I think the EDT has a musky base note which doesn't agree with me, however, I can't wait for the Blackberry Amber to come out!

on 9/17/2007 10:01:00 PM

I like this, although I do find it a bit overpowering. I use it as my fall scent. Very warm and sexy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff - what a surprise! Smells more expensive than its $18.50 price tag. Warm and spicy without being too sweet or foody, it's much more sophisticated than their other fragrances. If you're an amber lover like I am, you should try this. I've never purchased a Bath and Body Works fragrance before, but I scooped this up along with the body products. This will be a great comfort scent this fall and winter.

on 9/3/2007 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Sensual amber is great. I can't stop sniffing my wrist when I have it on. It smells sweet and sexy at the same time. I consider it an excellent value, as I like it as much as many more expensive fragrances.

Popular Fragrances