August 20, 2014 | 1434 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Midnat

Has really smoothed my skin texture and helped reduce the size of my poors. It needs to be used daily to work properly, and I still need to do a 'proper' face mask once or twice a week, but I cannot emphasise how much better it has made my rough, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by JayCollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I had read the ingredients list before letting the esthetician put this on my skin. I'm having a horrible allergic reaction, probably related to the wheat protein. Now my skin looks like leather...burned, red leather. Snarl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sl_yeap

Let me start by saying this is not cheap. There are tons of other facial scrubs out there in the market that is way cheaper. However, they charge you a high price for a reason: quality.

This scrub does what it says. It evens out my skin tone, clear my clogged nose and chin, and helps my other skin care products absorbs better. I've tried drug store products to department store scrubs, and none of them is as good as this. All the other scrubs that I've tried are either too drying or has scrubbing bits that are too harsh for my skin. The Daily Microfoliant is very gentle on your skin (no crazy hard srubby bits).

I know it says "daily", but please don't use it every day. I use it twice a week, followed by a hydrating mask of another brand. My skin is dehydrated and sensitive (not overly though), and this works well for me. If your skin is super dry or easily irritated, I'd recommend only once a week usage. It can be a teeny bit drying, if you have dry skin to start with.

The product gets activated by water. So, please follow the instructions that comes on the bottle. Or else, you'd just waste precious products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to morning cleanser for more than a year and it gets the job done. I wouldn't call it a scrub because once you mix it in your hands with water, it looks like a regular liquid cleanser, since there are no scrubbing particles. It leaves my skin very clean and effectively removes my night time products in the morning, but it is not heavy-duty enough for me to use it at night, because there is no way it can remove makeup. I boutht a salon size bottle and after a year I still have 3/4 left. So it is a very good value for money. Will repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by lushyluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Seriously, what's all this hype about such a mediocre product? This was recommended to me at a Dermalogica shop for treatment of my hyperpigmentation.. along with the hopeless chromawhite C-12. The only visible results after 2 months' usage was a lower bank balance and taught dehydrated skin. It didnt even normalize my hormonal breakouts, though it didn't exercerbate it either. I have since reduced usage to once a week and only after cleansing with a milk cleanser since I find it more drying with a foam cleanser. It should last me years at this rate of usage, and I will confidently add there shant be any repeat purchases for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by azgirl929

This is very gentle for sensitive skin, yet it cleans and smooths your skin. Its powder to start, mix with water and rub gently. The rice ingredient is a great cleanser. I use it 3x a week and sometimes mix it with my face cleaner for a really deep clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by KathleenM415

The Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is one of the gentlest exfoliants I've ever used. It's unlike other face scrubs in that it's a powder (not gritty at all) you mix with water to activate. It has worked really well on my sensitive skin. The salicylic acid in this product has helped to keep my acne in check. I use it about twice a week to keep my pores clear. Though it says "daily," I prefer not to push the envelope when it comes to face scrubs. Expensive, but worth trying if you have sensitive skin and you're still searching for a gentle exfoliant.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by marba1

BAD products.. Made my skin sentive because of GLUTEN and parabens.

Very bad product

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by nicoleliz

This product is very gentle when it comes to actually exfoliating because it did not make my face peel at all after using several times. The only reason I did not give it all it's lippies is because the salycylic acid gives me more acne and it is not just this product, I have just figured it out on my own from continuous trial and error. This product does smell really good and I like the creamy paste is becomes and how it did not aggravate my sensitive skin leaving it red or raw. The only issue I have is it is kind of hard to use being that it is a dry powder and it activates upon touching water, so in other words you cannot get the product that is in the bottle wet at all or it is pretty much ruined. This would be perfect for someone who can use salycylic acid products and who has the time to keep it dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by cherrycordial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to write this review for two reasons. First, I have to clarify that this is in fact a chemical exfoliant. It contains salicylic acid, a BHA. That is why you're supposed to get it extremely wet and make a creamy paste rather than a grainy one. It is not meant to be physical. I don't think it hurts to have it somewhat grainy in order to receive some physical exfoliation. However, it is meant to be chemical.

Second, my actual review. This product is decent. I have a feeling if I actually used it every day I would get better results, but I slack off too much when it comes to skincare. My skin is extremely sensitive and was not bothered by this at all, so I would say if you have sensitive skin and are looking for an exfoliant ask for a sample of this. Do not go buy the full thing without trying it because it is expensive and I did see that some with sensitive skin have had reactions. I'm giving it 3 lippies because it's not bad but not wonderful, and part of that may be to lack of diligence on my part. I'm not planning to buy again because it is pretty spendy (though you get a lot) and I will probably move on to something else by the time I run out.