December 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - Daily Microfoliant

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by HayleyKate19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product having read all the great reviews, however this product did not work for me! I broke out in a red lumpy rash on my forehead and around my cheaks. I initially carried on using the product as I thought my skin would soon get used to the exfolient and settle down. However this was not the case, it got worse, so after 1 month of using it I finally gave in and stopped. That was in August and my skin is still not back to normal (I have under the skin lumps on my cheaks). I must have been allergic to one of the ingredients but I wouldn't say my skin is particularly sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Peppan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for about two years now, and I love it! I use it almost every day and it keeps my skin clear and soft. It is very mild and doesn`t irritate my quite sensitive skin at all.I like the gentle structure of this peeling, so different to all other kinds of peelings I have tried. It lasts for a loooong time, I only use like a teaspoon or so every time, so the bottle I have now have lasted since february 2010, and I think it will end just in time for it`s best-before date. So, I will definitly purchase this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this product at Ulta after talking to esthetician who recommended it. It seems expensive but it lasts forever! You only need a very small amount. I keep mine in the shower with no ill effects. It makes my skin feel great and gives me a glow. I use it approx 3 times a week with my Clarisonic Mia. Some reviewers have called it pricey but this is my first container and it has lasted over a year! I will repurchase.
update: STILL on my first container, still using and still loving!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kberly37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this exfoliant but it's not the best one I've ever used. It will make your skin very soft after using and it's very gentle but the smell reminds me of old milk. Just OK, not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by thelastspark

The quality of this product is really really great - it leaves my skin feeling so baby soft and takes away any grain of dirt from my face. It's easy to apply and lightweight so easily packaged, and very simple to use. I've already noticed my skin's oily:dry ratio is now evening out and is already softer - and I've only been using it for 6ish days!

However it is very expensive, it does last a long time and is brilliant at what it does, but it will hurt your wallet. I would buy it again, but only when I can afford it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Beachbum1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I use it every night and it makes my other skincare products work more effectively.

This is different than other facial exfoliantís because itís not so harsh on the skin. The consistency is very smooth and you donít feel any little beads. I find that great. I hate the feeling of dragging sand all over my faceÖ

The product is expensive, but it does last a long time so it evens out. I personally love it and canít see myself without it now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by giant

Hands down the best exfoliator on the market!
I have acne, large pores, flaky and oily skin.
This product made my skin feel so smooth after using and my pores noticably smaller and tighter. my whole face felt so refreshed after. I use daily in the morning after cleansing with environ sebuwash and have to say I thought this would be too much irritation for my skin but I worry for know reason. 4 weeks in to this routine and my skin has been looking better and better. My only tip is to be very gentle when scrubbing with this paste and 40 seconds is long enough!!
On a side note, I tried using baking soda before taking the plunge and putchasing this and this product is way better. The grains and much finer and so polish your skin so well. Baking soda maybe a cheaper but at least try this (mayeb get your hands on a sample) so you can feel and see the difference

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Midnat

Has really smoothed my skin texture and helped reduce the size of my poors. It needs to be used daily to work properly, and I still need to do a 'proper' face mask once or twice a week, but I cannot emphasise how much better it has made my rough, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by JayCollins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I had read the ingredients list before letting the esthetician put this on my skin. I'm having a horrible allergic reaction, probably related to the wheat protein. Now my skin looks like leather...burned, red leather. Snarl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sl_yeap

Let me start by saying this is not cheap. There are tons of other facial scrubs out there in the market that is way cheaper. However, they charge you a high price for a reason: quality.

This scrub does what it says. It evens out my skin tone, clear my clogged nose and chin, and helps my other skin care products absorbs better. I've tried drug store products to department store scrubs, and none of them is as good as this. All the other scrubs that I've tried are either too drying or has scrubbing bits that are too harsh for my skin. The Daily Microfoliant is very gentle on your skin (no crazy hard srubby bits).

I know it says "daily", but please don't use it every day. I use it twice a week, followed by a hydrating mask of another brand. My skin is dehydrated and sensitive (not overly though), and this works well for me. If your skin is super dry or easily irritated, I'd recommend only once a week usage. It can be a teeny bit drying, if you have dry skin to start with.

The product gets activated by water. So, please follow the instructions that comes on the bottle. Or else, you'd just waste precious products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No