October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Moisture Rich foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Jennifer1971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Bobbi Brown at Dillard's. It matches my skin tone perfectly and blends well. It goes on so nicely and has some very good coverage. (It covers my rosacea redness with no problems.) I take a small amount and spread it around a bit with my finger, then I use a dense flat soft powder brush--such as the E.L.F. Studio Powder brush for $1.50 (with the "STUDIOSAVE" coupon code)--and STIPPLE.

I just learned about STIPPLING recently and I've NEVER EVER looked younger. It looks so natural; you can't even really tell makeup is one with this technique (with a good brush).

The foundation is buildable. I went over my rosacea cheeks twice to make sure they didn't look red (taking away from the blush effect on the apple of the cheeks. Again I used a very small amt and stippled.

After I was done with the liquid foundation I then stippled on some white rice powder (purely translucent) that I bought my my local asian ethnic market. The Paladillo "rice powder" sold at Sally's is actually mostly calcium carbonate if you look at the ingredients; rice powder is listed second to calcium carbonate. Also the Paladillo rice powder has parabens and fragrance in it, which can be irritants with people with sensitive skin like myself.

My skin type is Dry, Sensitive, Pigmented and Tight. This Bobbi Brown foundation was recommended for my skin type by author of Skin Type Solution book; she's a doctor.

So far so good.. it feels very moist (I did moisturize with cetaphil moisturizing cream beforehand though.) The makeup has been on for about 6 hours now, no creases, no settling; still looks great! My skin is not irritated at all.

Looks like I am going to purchase this foundation.

STIPPLE FTW!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I always have problems with foundation, the main problem being is they all are too yellow/ orange on my skin. So after trying out the tester of the foundation and finding the colour matched perfectley with some blending (alabaster) I decided to buy it. No there is no pump but I just tip a small amount on to my brush and if I need more I can always add more. It gives a nice even finish and does not make my skin look greasy nor does it feel heavily caked in make up. It also does not break me out like so many foundations and primers do, It also lasts on me a good 8hrs without touch ups

I set this with the white loose powder and I look the way my skin looks flawless without much effort on my part. I would definatly but this again as its one of the only brands that match my colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation granted I haven't tried very many liquid foundations (colorstay and maybelline). I dabbled into a ton of mineral make up but found that most of them made my very dry skin look even flakier.

Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich gives me a nice subtle glow and does not enhance my dry patches. I use a sephora 55 brush with it and a Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge on my dry patches. Definitely HG status! Use this if you have dry skin and if you like light coverage.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a pump but I can live with that.

ETA: I was color matched with the wrong shade biege and after a few months I decided to try a different shad Warm Natural. So pretty! So if any of you wanna buy Biege 3 let me know. I'll give you a good deal :) or we could swap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by RHanson

Yet another great product from Bobbi, This foundation is very powerful. First of all, the coverage is beautiful. It covers redness and evens out skin tone very well. It is very moisturizing, so skin-like texture accompanies the great coverage. This foundation is very warm-toned, and tends to run darker than the color which it states. For instance...I am beige in Bobbi's skin foundation and her stick foundation, however I am sand in this foundation. The cool thing about this being warm-toned is how the warmness looks very natural. I am neutral-warm, but this foundation, rather than looking like warm foundation on top of neutral-toned skin, it looks like my skin is golden underneath. The bottle is not really an issue for me, but I would prefer it if it had a pump. The only thing that gets messy is the inside of the cap. This foundation can be applied any way you want. I have used my fingers, a foundation brush, a triangle sponge, and my Beauty Blender.

How I apply it: I really like dewy, natural looking foundation so I do it like this. I do equal amounts of the foundation and Bobbi's oil control lotion (which is the best add in ingredient to make foundation more natural). I then use a rather damp Beauty Blender. With the Beauty Blender, I drag it across my skin (instead of stippling) as this gives a more natural finish. I never use powder, because this doesn't make me very shiny. When I have this on, blush blends much better.

No breakouts at all!!! Totally my HG, especially for winter.

MUA tips: this foundation works best if you put it in your palm (granted it is clean before) and leave it there for 2 minutes. It gets the foundation to your skin's temperature and makes it blend perfectly. Also, for people with oily skin, add a few drops of toner and mix. It will really help.

EDIT (April 06, 2010): It is now spring and warm where I live, so I ran into an issue with shine. I am still using this, because I love the finish and coverage it gives me. I add the Jojoba toner from Savon to cut shine, and it works! Yay! After working with this foundation for many months, I realized that nothing works better than a foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm also surprised that this foundation works for me as well as it does, like the other previous reviewer with oily skin. I'm oily in the T-zone, dry around the cheeks and jawline. Usually I like the oil-free stuff. However, in the winter months I need something more moisturizing and this is it! Warm Ivory is a perfect color for me and it has a more natural finish that the Armani foundation (Lasting Silk) that I used to wear (and it's relatively cheaper too). I read somewhere that Bobbi Brown and Mac make the best colors for Asian women and women of color, and that seems to be true--most other foundations make me look "pink". The only thing is that I wish this bottle came with a pump so it'd be more sanitary, but for coverage this natural and nice I'm willing to live with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After having no luck with the MAC foundations, I decided to give Bobbi Brown a go! The reason was because I could never get the right colour match with MAC, I was always between the shades NC15-NC20 grrrr! So I got colour matched at the BB counter to "Warm Ivory" and my god was that a perfect match! As for the foundation itself I would say its medium coverage which is buildable but it certainly feels less heavier than MAC's studio fix fluid. I think it looks very natural on me.... or maybe thats because I actually had the right colour on. The only problem I have with BB's foundations is the smell! Eurgh!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I had high hopes for this foundation after reading reviews on here about how great this is for dry skin. It's the most expensive foundation I've bought so far & I would not buy it again! The coverage is poor - definitely nowhere near med/full coverage as the website says! Staying power isn't that good either. Did not hydrate my skin more than other foundations. Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by roughlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am completely flabbergasted as to why this foundation works for me. I have sensitive acne prone skin. I normally wear mineral powder (Glominerals) because all liquid foundations have broken me out badly. This also has my dreaded "xane" silicones in it and a host of other ingredients I shy away from. But this foundation looks and feels so amazing on that I am going to keep it as my special occasion makeup. It does not feel heavy and even as someone with oily skin, it surprisingly does not separate on my face like most liquids I have work in the past. If I wear this for more than two days in a row I get a little irritation bump on my jawline. But nothing compared to reactions I have had in the past. The color match is perfect.

Edit: This did break me out pretty badly each time I wore it. But it is still a nice product for people that can wear it. My skin looked great with it on :(

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:25:00 PM More reviews by beu2fool

this is my HG and the one I always seem to return to. Gives me a nice natural finish and the coverage is light to medium. I do like to set this with Makeup Forever's HD powder and it stays on all day without getting shiny. I think this may be the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:38:00 AM More reviews by ytang1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my last foundation was laura mercier, which was bit disappointing. so i found this one, it looks pretty natural for me, and it stays on my skin for a whole day, which is great...the price is reasonable, packaging is simple but i like it ... more to this is the BA is very helpful and patient, very good customer service from Bobbi Brown ( i was deciding between BB and Georgi Armani, BA from BB was so much nicer than GA, so....bye bye GA)