July 25, 2014 | 1114 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I have to say this product is a life saver. I sweat a lot and prefer that I not have any underarm funk at all (who doesn't). I actually use this in addition to my regular deoderant and have been doing this for years. It also has lasted about that long too. If you have a sweating/stink (ha!) problem I def would recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 5:28:00 PM More reviews by cmb99

Love it, love it, love it. Why? Well, for starters, it works. I apply immediately after showering while my underarms are still wet, and it glides on smoothly. If I forget and dry my armpits, I just run the stick under the faucet for a second to wet it before applying. No, it isn't an antiperspirant, so I sweat ... but I never smell bad. It lasts for about twenty-four hours; after that, I start getting a little stinky. Other things I love: no overpowering fragrance, no ugly white residue, no weird staining on my clothes. Best of all, it lasts forever. My first crystal stick lasted for nearly five years, and I only just had to buy my second one! It's incredibly cost-effective and I like that I'm not throwing away plastic every couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by adesto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for 2 or 3 years and it really works for me, even now that I live in New Orleans (steam-bath!) I use it straight out of the shower, when I'm already wet. Yes, I still sweat, but for me it controls odor as well as antiperspirants, and I no longer have yucky white stains on my clothes!

I always rinse it after use, as the smell of even soaps will transfer to the stick. To avoid it becoming crumbly and nasty in the container, I store it upside-down after I use it. This way, the water drips into the cap instead of pooling at the bottom of the container - this will keep it nice and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by tvejsicky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used the Crystal Body Deodorant since the late '80's. I was advised to used when I complained about white streaks on my clothing from standard deodorants. So I tried, and have been using ever since, turning on many people to it. It leaves no residue or stickiness, lasts forever, is natural, and has no fragrance. It's a great value, too. I've now seen them at some grocery stores and beauty supplies in various types and sizes. There is even a spray one, which can be used on your feet, if you suffer from stinky foot syndrome! Remember, it is NOT an antiperspirant, just a deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by tvejsicky

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really works! I bought the crystal stone from iherb.com and it's pretty inexpensive and should last close to a year. The stone comes with a little plastic dish. Make sure to use the deoderant on cleaned skin. I just wet the top of the stone with water and rub on my underarms. It doesn't protect against perspiration but it works wonders on odors. For me, the protection lasts all day long. I am so impressed.
I also bought the body spray for my sons (15 & 21). Picked the spray up at Vitamin Shoppe. My 15yo had bad foot odor and now he doesn't. He just sprays his shoes at night and sprays his feet after showering. He also uses it for underarm deoderant and it works great. He's very active and perspires a lot but now never gets odiferous (LOL). My 21yo tried it for underarm but he didn't like it because he claims it drips and takes too long to dry. I must add that my 21yo is not into trying new things and he has no patience.
These products are so inexpensive and last a long time. I also see them at Vitamin Shoppe. It's all natural (mineral salts), unscented (even though I've seen scented ones out there) and no poisons entering the body. It's hypo-allergenic and doesn't leave marks on clothes. I highly recommend at least giving it a try. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product because:

1)Contains no fragrance, aluminum or chlorohydrate
2) It doesn't mask or trap sweat (only making it worse later), but rather let's you breathe
3) Comes in a small travel-sized package as well :)
4) Lasts a really long time (think of the savings in other deodorants!)

What I don't like about it is that:

1) You always need water to apply it
2) Sometimes water drips down the side when applying it

All it is is an odorless, mineral salt rock. I would buy it again and again because, as it is, I know of no safer product to use under my arms and it really does keep me fairly fresh. All other organic deodorants I've tried have made me stink after a few hours; this does not do that. A

I've been out in the sun all day sweating in this and still it keeps. You may find yourself smelling a bit like sweat - sort of a sweet but slightly musky scent - NOT BO.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try something natural as I'm increasingly finding that chemical anti-perspirants/deodorants are losing their effectiveness on me. I started out by applying this every night after a shower and in the morning. Although the day would start off stinkless, I'd be smelly after walking to walk so at the beginning, I also had to use a natural scented deodorant to cover the smell. Luckily, I made the change to natural during winter when I don't sweat or smell as much so it could've been much worse. However, once my body adjusted after 1-2 weeks, I used the crystal alone and found that although I sweated a lot, the sweat was completely odourless. This was therefore only effective as a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.

It was great not having to use chemicals and have unstained clothes although the process of applying the crystal was inconvenient. For me, the key was to apply it across a wide expanse of the underarm and to swipe it a LOT - approx 100 times under each arm. (I also tried the crystal spray, but I don't recommend it as it takes forever to dry, if at all and I'd end up wiping it off since it took so long).

The crystal is great for cool weather, but now that it's warmed up, I've stopped using it to avoid embarrassing wet patches under my arms.I might go back to using this in winter if I can be bothered, but I'd love to know of a natural solution to wet patches so that I can use this all year-round.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I don't sweat much, since I sit in an office all day, so I wanted a natural deodorant instead of a chemically antiperspirant and it seems to work pretty good. I also use this to treat minor cystic acne on my face; if I apply it soon after I first notice a break-out, it seems to speed up the healing process better than any other topical treatment I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by preeti6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT--for my feet! Let me start by saying that I have REALLY sweaty feet, which makes for really smelly feet. I love cute shoes, but a lot of them unfortunately have synthetic lining which really doesn't allow your feet to breathe. The crystal is not supposed to stop sweating, but just makes an unhappy environment for the bacteria that come with sweat...so you may still sweat (though I think it has reduced the sweat for me too), but at least it won't smell. This product adds another 5 minutes to my morning routine, but it is worth it to be able to take my shoes off at the end of the day without worrying about the smell. Not to mention, once smelly feet are in shoes once, the bactreia stays there forever. I love this stuff, and it lasts a long time. I do think it may dry my feet out a little. Here's my tip for application: spray the area with a water spray bottle, and then rub the crystal stick on there, and air dry (or wave those cardboard magazine inserts in a fanning motion to dry faster)!