Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 11/23/2012 12:00:00 PM

I eat yogurt everyday, greek-fat free honey.

I came across a recipe that uses 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. It is absolutly fabulous, in fact I have it on right now!

I have tried this mask 2 times before and its been amazing, absolutley no problems. I love how you can make it homemade and cheap anyday!

TRY THIS AND BE ASTOUNDED

on 11/6/2012 9:28:00 AM

I mix this in with my Aztec clay to make a treatment mask. Wonderful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used plain yogurt as a mask for roughly two and a half months now and I can say that the results so far have been positive.

My skin has been troubled for years due to battling with both acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The oiliness of my face has also been a thing that has made me feel really self-conscious. There had already been some improvement on my face thanks to contraception pills, however, some of the nasty zits kept forming, especially on my chin and mouth area.

At first I used this mask twice a week for 20 minutes at a time, then every other day. Now I'm quite happy with three times a week as then my skin will end up neither too dry nor too oily.

Ever since I first started using yogurt mask earlier this autumn I began to see improvement, especially on the texture of my skin. These days my skin is very smooth and soft, whereas before my skin was rather rough due to the long time use of benzoyl peroxide products. The zits that were very persistent on my chin before are not gone for good but they don't appear as often as they used to and their size has diminished. Right now I have only 2 zits on my chin whereas before there could have been as many as 7~9 (on my chin only)! Also, my face is no longer as oily as it used to be. I don't know if my PIH has improved but then again my PIH was very severe to begin with so it may take a long time before I will be able to see any major results.

All in all, plain yogurt seems to be the best mask I have tried so far. The results may not be that miraculous or immediate but in a long run it gives you some improvements and doesn't really cause any major harm (at least hasn't to me). I still hate how my skin looks like but I have to stress that the improvements provided by yogurt mask have made my daily life a lot more comfortable than before.

___Edit: I used plain yogurt on its own for about two months after which I decided to use oatmeal with it. The best decision I've ever made!

on 9/29/2012 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very dry skin due to a med condition that kills off my moisture glands. I mention this in reviews because I lack any natural moisture barrier and so often have bad reactions to products, and in general, sensitive, reactive skin that is painfully dry. I try so many things in the hope something will improve my skin which is a tall order because the skin on my whole body is effected by this systemic condition.

I have been using this for one week every other day or so. Will update if my opinion changes. I've used plain, Greek yogurt, and apply enough to cover my face sufficiently.

It feels nice and cool going on. Then I smell like a vat of sour cream. Oh the things we do for beauty! Even applied thickly and still wet looking, I find it takes quite a lot of rinsing to remove. I have worn it between 5-20 min. The latter requires more effort to remove.

The result right after is skin with a semi odd feeling. It feels so firm, unually so. But looks clear, smooth too. My skin looks and feels calmer, smoother, after.

The irony is I dislike the taste of yogurt quite a lot but really like the results of using this mask.

on 9/23/2012 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Here's my recipe:

1 tbs quick-cooking oats
1 tsp water
1 tbs plain yogurt

Mash up the oats and soften them with water, then mix in the yogurt, easy peasy! Spread the mixture on the face and massage it gently. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water (this helps to remove the oats more easily). This gives really soft skin that's immediately brighter! Ingredients are so inexpensive and works so well.

on 9/23/2012 8:20:00 AM

I use yogurt masks frequently. I like to sometimes mix in a little honey, green tea leaves, or oatmeal and I always use full fat greek style yogurt. It leaves my skin feeling sooo soft and supple. oat meal or green tea acts as an exfoliant and clears away any grime and dead cells. Also green tea is high in caffeine & anti oxidants which does wonders for your skin.
All in all, I love this mask. its cheap, and easy to make/use, works really well. A+++

on 9/19/2012 1:39:00 PM

I have been having HORRIBLE hormonal breakouts since stopping taking the pill, have tried every OTC medication, supplement, you name it! I decided to try a yogurt mask on a whim last night and just after one use, my skin felt softer and is already starting to purge itself. I noticed that my zits have become a bit smaller and some have come to a head (I know, gross!) but that's a good thing! It means that all the crud is starting to purge. Not only that, but when I was using heavy duty benzoyl peroxide spot treatment, I broke out into an itchy red rash on each side of my mouth. After using the yogurt mask it's gone! Sounds crazy, but I will definitely be sticking to this all natural treatment from here on in!

on 9/18/2012 2:12:00 AM

I've been using yogurt mask on and off for about two years. I started to religiously use it (3 times a week) for about half a year now after it saved me from a skin crisis during my trip to Thailand.

Yogurt mask is the HG mask! really! I use full fat greek yogurt cuz i like its thick and creamy consistency. It doesn't run on your face and it dries slower. Doing yogurt mask has two best parts, one is when you just took it out from the fridge and smear it on your face; the other is when you wash it off and feel completely different from 30 minutes ago. It's so soothing, cooling, tightening when you smear it on. I often apply it when my face feels bumpy, allergic, hot, red or after I popped my pimples. It instantly calms my skin.

Scar reducing wise, it works but will take time. I have quite fair skin and hyperpigmentation on fair skin is the worst thing. Ever little light you get can reflect and exaggerate the redness to its worse state. It's just soo annoying! Even when my skin is clear, I still have to apply foundation since TM won't even cover the redness from anything and everything on my skin. After 6 months of using yogurt mask, my acne scars are definitely less visible. They turned pink-ish instead of brown-ish, if that makes sense. The size of each scar has shrinked too. They are also easier to be covered by concealer. On areas where I got acne and I don't usual get, scars are totally cleared. I don't need any concealing on these areas, only need to dust some powder on and voila!

Yogurt is great, cheap, and pwns all 'em high-end-non-effective masks on the market! Take that :)

on 9/3/2012 11:38:00 PM

Best mask ever. So simple and works as well as other masks I've bought. It whitens and brightens my skin making it look radiant and it shrinks my pores on my nose as well. I've used this for a few months and my skin is flawless even without makeup. I've never had any skin problems to begin with, but once in a while I will get a pimple when it is the time of the month. This mask has pretty much prevented me from having any breakouts. I feel confident going out without make-up now.

I know other people have already suggested it, but mixing this mask with oatmeal will do miracles for your skin as well. My sister has eczema and the oatmeal and yogurt mask helped make the eczema calm and go away. Try this!

on 9/1/2012 10:34:00 AM

I don't notice this helping so much with active acne, but for clarity in my skin, this gets a 5. Yogurt is incredibly easy and accessible to use as a mask and it works better than many store bought products. I have been using it the past 3 days (and have used it on occasion in the past) to try and sooth a big flare up I had. It hasn't necessarily helped with the acne as much as other products, but it makes a HUGE difference in the clarity of my skin in areas that I don't have really big problems. I sweap blackheads on my nose and forehead have SO significantly dimished from this mask. Yesterday my friends told me I always have beautiful glowing skin and I think this sets up a great base for m/u application, etc. Will definitely continue to use!

Popular Masks