April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by ExoticDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore my NARS Albatross highlighter. It is perfect for giving me a warm golden glow! One of the cosmetic products that I cannot do without.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mmaryy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this highlighter! it gives me the perfect glow whenever I need it. In my opinion, it has this beautiful light gold color to brighten you up and make heads turn. I receive compliments every time I use Nars Albatross! No complaints, highly recommended and the price is worth it due to the quality, will purchase again when I run out but that won't be for awhile, small package but a little goes a long way, be gentle when applying, you don't want to be glowing too much ;-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Gandhilama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this highlighter thinking it would suit me well since I have a warm skintone but heck no. This would only work during the night because the sheen is so heavily gold reflected. I`ve had mine for 8 months and have only used it 3 times max. It was a waste of money. I bought the ELF Gotta Glow dupe just to see how it compared. Honestly, for $3 you can get the same exaggerated look so might as well...

Overall: Overpriced, not worth the money, not worth my time. It sits in the makeup drawer collecting dust. I prefer to use my Hard Candy blush in Honeymoon over this any day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cinderelka90

I originally swatched this highlighter onto my cheeks at Sephora. I was really impressed with the way it had a strong sheen without any noticeable glitter. The only thing is that once I actually got it and used it a few times, I find it to be faaaar too yellow toned for my skin. I think this would be a great highlighter when I'm very tanned or for my warmer skin toned friends but I'm gonna try out kevyn auicoin candlelight next because I hear its just sheen without any color. Albatross definitely has color that is pretty yellow so just beware! Needless to say, use a light hand either way! *update: yep def Kevyn Aucoin for me! Candlelight is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

Skin tone and Type: nc/nw 07-10 or Nars Mont Blanc (currently August) or Kat Von D Lock-it (42/44 mix currently August). I have Acne prone, extremely sensitive, combination, oily skin. I have a lot of topical and internal allergies/ intolerances.

So I will honestly say I think I am being a little bit of a product whore. I don't think everything Nars does in amazing, but I do find myself liking most of their product line over a lot of other companies. Their prices hurt though. So when I pick something up from Nars, I make sure I only want it in that shade until I have used it all up.

I have tried a couple different highlighters, mostly in a liquidy type form, and I wanted to like them, but they seems tacky as they dried. They also wore down a little weird. They wouldn't fade or rub off, they would sort of cake and smudge in a ripple like fashion on my skin. So I was in the market looking for an actual powder highlighter. Also I think this is helpful to use more powders than creams if you have an oily skin type. It is my opinion take it with a grain of salt.
It does look a little golden on, but I find that yellowish and champagne tone compliment my skin tone unlike pink highlighters.

Now to review the actual product. If you have never used a Nars powder blush before, then you are in for a treat. They apply smoothly. They are finely milled and pigmented. They blend extremely well. I love the simple matte black packaging, that kind of packaging attracts me. As a for this highlighter, I really love it. It has a nice smooth shimmer. The color works well for my skin tone a little goldeny, I just have to be careful how much I put on. It is a little hard to see since I am pale, and a little goes a long way. I can trust if I have put it on using a bathroom mirror, and I cannot see it, then that is plenty. If I can see it, I know I have put too much on. I wore this recently to an event, and I was complimented multiple times on how much happier and glowier I /my skin seemed.

A fun trick, use a damp brush to apply your highlight and blush where you normally do then blend, once dry/soaked in, apply the same blush and highlighter as a powder with a powder brush. This will give you a longer lasting blush/highlight but it will also intensify the color and pop of the blush and highlight. It is a nice trick if you have oily skin and have difficulty with creams.

::EDIT 11/08/2012:: I love the color of this I mean really it is a wonderful highlighter in my opinion, But some how I missed that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride. It isn't enough to actually make me itch, but it is enough to cause my skin to break out exactly where I put this. :/ Taking off one lip for this reason. I am also parting with the blushes that I love. Damn you Bismuth, damn you.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Fabulous!! I only need a very light dusting to get perfect highlighted cheeks! Very subtle gorgeous gold colour. It's a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a stunning and unique highlighter. In the pan it appears as a slightly golden-yellow off-white color, but on the skin the color disappears and leaves a subtle sheen. Its texture is finer and more invisible on than most other highlighters. The only other one I find comparable is Lorac's "Perfectly Lit", and I like Albatross better. Perfectly Lit is more of a light translucent beige color; it also has a very finely milled texture and looks beautiful and natural on. But the glow it gives when applied just doesn't quite inspire the awe that Albatross does, not to mention that it requires a more skilled application with the right brush (I need to use a stippling brush with that one or it's too concentrated). Albatross is more foolproof and faster; I can get results in a hurry with any brush (as another reviewer said) and even with a sloppy application. It's glowy from within rather than shimmery or glittery. ELF makes a nice dupe for this, and I have that one, but since I got Albatross I don't reach for it much anymore. It is quite nice and is good for travel because it's more replaceable if it breaks, but I prefer Albatross when I want to look extra radiant. (Though I can say that the ELF one is a good dupe if you're on a budget) Like all Nars' products, this is expensive (price is the same as blushes), but I consider it a worthy splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am extremely picky when it comes to highlighters. I find that most are way too shimmery or glittery. When I stumbled across NARS Albatross at Sephora, I was quite shocked to find how much I loved it. Now, it is a staple in my daily beauty routine. It gives my skin such a nice sheen. No shimmer and no glitter, thank goodness! This is finely milled and a tiny bit goes a long way. Tapping the excess off your brush and applying with a light hand is a definite necessity. I apply it along the top of my cheekbones and sometimes on my temples, the bridge of my nose and the center of my chin as well. I find that it looks best on me when I have a tan or when I fake it with bronzing powder. I absolutely love the packaging: a sleek, black rectangular compact that I'm sure most NARS lovers are familiar with. I paid $28 for this at Sephora. A little pricey, but worth it, IMO. You get 0.16 oz. of product, but since a little goes a long way, this will definitely last you a long while. I will definitely purchase this again and again. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

Based on all the great reviews, I was disappointed. It seems to be very popular, but it looked terrible on me. I used benefit high beam, but I wanted a powder formula, and so based on the reviews here, I bought it.
I have NW10/15, and this is so unbelievably gold! It's white in the pan..what the hell happened? When you put more on, it turns into a sickly yellow. It doesns't look natural at all! I want a highlighter that subtly highlights, this did no such thing. It was so shimmery, it was on the verge of being sparkly. It was kind of expensive too. Such a let down. I threw it out and I won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Such a beautiful highlighter for above the cheekbones and on the inner corners of eyes. Just a pretty shimmery (not glittery) finely milled gold highlight. Can look chalky if you have dry patches of skin but otherwise not chalky at all. Very little product is needed to achieve a nice glow with this. Looks natural and not overdone. Expensive but totally worth it.