NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 6/9/2013 6:51:00 PM

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I'm very very pale skinned, blue eyes with red cheeks, and this is a yellowish toned shimmer. It looks so natural! This was near 30$ which I don't think was THAT worth it, because it doesn't stay THAT long. But it's way better than my Physicians Formula one I got, and I don't think I'll run out soon, because you don't have to dig in the pan for color, but I'll buy another if I do! Also, the packaging is okay, good for touch-ups if you carry it with you. I never touch anything up though, so I don't use the mirror.

I have noticed that this is waaaaay to gold/yellow on me. It looks really unnatural. I am a little lighter than an NC15, and it just looks really weird on me. I'm not sure what skin tone it would look good on, but it doesn't look good on mine. Also, be sure to not apply this in a place you are trying to conceal something. It makes the pores look horrible and stand out. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a lovely highlight color, but it does have obvious glitters in it, so you dont want to overdo it with this product. It gives the skin a dewy finish, you can use it anywhere you want to have the light hit. It is a shimmery sheer white with gold reflects in it, and it looks great as an eyeshadow actually(I love gold eyeshadows). You should get it, its a great highlighting powder .

on 5/28/2013 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I picked this up a year ago and I kind of neglected it for a while (sorry albatross). BUT now I use it almost daily just for a hint of glow. My foundation is very matte and I need a little bit of shine to make me look alive! I use this on the tops of my cheekbones, on my brow bones and sometimes a light dab right in the centre above my upper lip.
This is a great highlighter for warmer skin tones as it has a warmer undertone in it (kind of a creamy white with a hint of yellow).
It is kind of expensive (about $40 in canada), but it lasts a very long time.

on 5/22/2013 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is a lovely highlighter but not for me. I thought the warm undertones on this product would balance my very ruddy complexion (I rival Santa Claus). Sadly, twas not the case and even a light wash gave me an unnatural, yellow finish. It also emphasized my pores. Needless to say, that is not what I was looking for. I will stick with The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer; its undertones are champagne which do not compete with the cool tones in my skin. Albatross did compete, and Albatross won the battle of making me look sallow but it did not win the war and I will not repurchase.

As a MAC lover I felt utterly disloyal buying from another brand but I'm so glad I did I'd been looking for the perfect highlighter for contouring and didn't want anything too glittery. This is amazing! I wore it yesterday an several people commented in how healthy my skin looked and one said I looked dewy! The packaging os compact and i really like the rubbery texture of the case. It's absolutely fantastic I will definitely repurchase and three friends have ordered it since seeing it.

on 4/25/2013 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the most wonderful hightlighter that I have ever tried. As usual with NARS bulshes I was intimidated at how the color looked in the pot, but after the Sephora SA tried it on my face I fell in love with it....then she told me it was out of stock. Bummer! So I ordered it from Amazon and have been in love ever since. I am a DDD and I wear BE foundation in Golden Dark Matte and Warm Tan Matte. this looks wonderufl on my skin and helps me to get that Hollywood look. A little goes a long way with this, and all other NARS blushes so it will be a while before I replenish....but I definitely will be when I run out!

Good for any skin tone, I get loads of compliments on it and yeah. HG product.

on 4/13/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I use a little of this on my browbones and cheeks, I swear it takes 10 years off my face.

I am a bit of a klutz so I like the rubbery packaging. I have dropped this and not broken the powder.

on 4/12/2013 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I have no words to describe how much I love this highlighter, it's a stunning golden sheen that makes your skin look flawless and works so well on my fair skin.

on 4/10/2013 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this highlighter but it's not my HG because I just feel yellow/golden highlighters don't look that great on warm skin tones. It is very natural and gives you a pretty sheen without signs of glitter. Price is reasonable since it lasts forever.

Top Rated NARS Products