October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Cleansers - Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Justagirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using virgin coconut oil daily for over three years and it's amazing. Not only for eating/cooking (which is so healthy), but on my hair and skin too.

When my hair is feeling dry, I'll dampen my hair, rub coconut oil through to the ends and wrap my hair in scarf and leave it in overnight. The next morning, once washed out, my hair is so soft and silky and manageable.

It's the *BEST* cleanser I have ever used, period. Works amazingly well at removing make up, even those that are designed to last, such as Estee Lauder doublewear, Revlon ColorStay and waterproof eye make up. I massage it into the skin for a minute or two, then soak a face cloth with hot (not boiling but not warm either) water and wipe away - my skin is left clear and make up free.

I also use it as an all over body moisturiser and has done wonders for my feet.

I've also been known to use it for oil pulling on occasion, which is a habit I really need to get back into.

If you're buying, make sure you buy a good quality, Virgin, cold pressed oil that comes in a glass jar. I've seen many cheap supermarket versions that are highly refined and come in plastic. These are not beneficial, either when eaten or put on the body.

I have an open jar in the kitchen, a separate jar in the bathroom and a jar in my desk drawer in work - wouldn't be without it these days! I buy either Artisana or Tiana and highly recommend either.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Kimmiebat

Buy in glass whenever possible. Great for makeup removal and moisturizing.This has really helped to soften my neck wrinkles and smells great. If you have acne prone skin, this may or may not help. Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal. And if you have acne, maybe an all over moisturizer isn't a good idea unless you are taking accutane or something if that nature. I do not use this in my hair-if you have thick and coarse hair, it could be a good oil treatment. I have fine hair so I use Argan oil (has vitamin E), but I use an Argan oil styling cream. Oils are just too heavy for my fine hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Ksdtx

Used coconut oil throughout my pregnancy, to which I attribute to having no stretch marks on my belly. I used it twice to three times a day, and was a much cheaper alternative to the stretch creams/oils (although great). I also would get lazy in my pregnancy exhaustion & slather the leftover on my face & it never caused breakouts or blackheads (which plague me). I would like to add that I do know it also worked bc I stopped using the coconut oil after delivery, and when my milk came in I got a few stretch marks :(. Should have stuck with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by roarhissmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use coconut oil nightly to remove my eye makeup. It works great, it's natural, and smells nice. After I use it to remove my eye makeup, I put some on my lashes and leave it for about ten minutes or so, then rinse. I read somewhere that it helps thicken lashes, so I'm giving it a shot. I haven't tried this on my hair yet but have heard it is great for that as well. Will try soon. I love coconut oil!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by swissmiss8422

Okay so first off this is my only review. It's THAT good.
The first tip I have is.. DO NOT BUY CHEAP OIL MEANT FOR COOKING. Buy the good stuff from the health store. You need so little that it lasts a long time.

1.It is a miracle makeup remover, It gets EVERYTHING off. I warm it in my hands and massage all over my face before I shower and cleanse. Keep in mind I am a college Cross country runner and I have a love for mascara. This is the only thing that keeps my face sweat and dirt free. ( i wash with coal face from lush after oiling up)
2. Fantastic body moisturizer. I honestly think it even made my eye lashes grow.
3. massaging into sore muscles is a life saver. You will smell like a sexy Hawaiian and look like a oiled up VS model.

My number one tip for this is that if you eat shitty food full of chemicals and wash your face with shitty cleansers it's maybe not for you. It takes several YEARS to rid the body of what my family always called "mcdonalds disease." When you switch to this make an effort to drink more water, eat less sugar, and use natural cleansers.
Lastly TMI but it's a running joke with my friends that I have the orgasm glow even after running 10 miles in the snow. (it works)

TRY IT PLEASE, TRUST ME.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coconut oil Leaves my skin soooooooo hydrated. I used to have really dry cheeks for 3 years and nothing really worked. Then I've tried this and I was like "OMG THANK YOU FOR THE MIRACLE YOU HAVE SENT TO ME". Since it has fixed every single dry patch on my skin, I use it rarely now. BUT I make a hair mask with coconut oil and it is just perfect.
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp + 1 teasp honey
1- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
Mix the ingredients untill it looks smooth and homogen. Apply it to CLEAN and DRY hair. Wait as long as you want. Wash with shampoo at least two times and then continue with your routine.
This leaves my hair silky soft!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by 4073

Best makeup remover, cheap and easy. Purchased mine from Whole Foods after reading about all the different uses for this oil. Before this, I used Jojoba Oil to remove my makeup and moisturize my body, but it got pricy at $11.99 for a bottle half the size. Of course this doesn't deserve 5 lippies for packaging, but obviously the brands main intent for coconut oil certainly wasn't makeup removing, therefore I won't blame them for that. I transferred a good amount of coconut oil from the tub into a squeeze bottle and I haven't looked back. After SEVERE DRYNESS from various makeup removers, (ranging from Lancome, Clinique, Neutrogena - sometimes, Up&Up), I will never give up this oil! I'm sure others may do the trick but this is my go-to stuff. It removes face makeup and waterproof everything. A damp cotton pad and a dime-sized amount of this stuff is all you need to get it all off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used coconut oil as face moisturizer for a good while (am still finishing up my very first jar), but only very recently have read of someone on MUA mentioning how they remove their makeup with coconut oil. The waterproof mascara I use holds on like a soldier and will not come off without a fight, so I need to use good amount of castile soap and rub as gently as I can (I am too stubborn to buy makeup remover). I have tried coconut oil the other night, and boy were the results! I put it on my lids and eyelashes liberally, let it sit while I'm brushing my teeth, and wipe off with a tissue. Everything was off, even the mascara! This is ridiculous! Needless to say, I am extremely impressed and happy. W o w.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Schose90

I am in love with coconut oil. I avoid using it on my face though as I have seen the effects it can have on clogging your pores…trust me, not pretty. Be careful using it in your hair too often and the best regimen I have found is alternating between coconut oil and argan oil in the ends of my hair after I hop out of the shower. AND the smell is a much needed added bonus :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by sherryclinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the best things I have ever found, I use this to remove my makeup.I put some on my hands to melt it then rub all over my face for about a min or so, sometimes longer it just feels and smells sooooo good,then I take a warm cloth (usually a baby cloth) and gentle rub of the oil, and all my makeup comes off and I mean ALL. Then I use a regular facial cleanser, at night I will also use as a moisturizer and pay special attention to eye area and eyelashes,so gentle never irritates,don't use in the morning as it can be a little to oily under makeup.I have never had smoother,softer skin ,and no breakout,i know it sounds wierd and kind of freaked me out to start using on my face as I had so many issues ,red,dry,and would breakout constantly and seem to be sensitive to everything.I love this soooo much,hope it continues to work for me.