July 31, 2014 | 1697 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Bent Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by JenMarie331

I use Benefit's bad gal lash and had high hopes for this mascara as well. I really like the bent brush as it makes it easier to get mascara to the base of my upper lashes. That said...this mascara is soooo thick and clumpy. The brush comes out of the tube in one big glop of mascara. I usually like thick mascara and I do like the way it looks once its on. It makes my lashes thicker and really really curls them. I just don't think dealing with the gloppy mess is worth it. If they reformulated it so it was thinner like bad gal lash but with the bent brush, it would be fantastic, but until then I won't be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2007 9:35:00 PM More reviews by katycucumber

there's nothing special about this mascara. i din't experience the flaking/clumpiness like other reviewers but i also didn't experience any of the wonder claims benefit make. it's a novelty but i wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by msfoom

I always get sucked in at the BeneFit counter. They do a hell of a job marketing their products. Anyway - I like the bent brush and the dark black color of the mascara. Thats it. It's too hard to apply without looking like Lindsey Lohan on a bender! When taking the brush out of the tube, it is completey coated with mascara. I have to scrape most it off just to apply it without major clumps. Not worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Kath218

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product clumps like crazy and wears off/flakes almost immediately. I have trouble with mascara running, and this ran within seconds of putting it on. I would not recommend, especially if you wear contacts -- it flaked into my eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by clor_84

This mascara produces volume and it curls (within the first few weeks of using). However this mascara dried out too fast. I hadn't even had this for 1 month and it was already dried out. Afterwards, it just clump so bad that I didn't even bother. I wouldn't recommend buying this mascara unless you want to invest in a mascara every few weeks since it dried out so quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by sunshiine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush gets way too clumpy, even for me, and I like clumpy mascara. The mascara is really flaky and gets into your eyes. It curls my eyelashes more than usual non waterproof mascaras do, but the curl doesn't last. Makes my eyelashes thicker, and it's easy to remove. I don't really see the point of the wand being bent.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by pinksunshine

I'm a HUGE benefit fan, but i was so dissapointed with this product. I found that Get Bent didnt give me any noticable extra length, and didnt thicken my eyelashes what so ever - even with endless coats.
    It lasted till about mid morning, when i noticed my eyelashes desperatly needed more.
    AND it flaked so much, that even my make-up dumb boyfriend told me my eye lashes looked flakey.
    HOWEVER, this product did curl and lift my eyelashes beautifuly. The bent wand gives your lashes that extra ping.(if your not a fan of eyelash curlers)
    If your after a natural look (and i mean very) this may be the one for you. but i warn you, i does tend to clump around the wand, therefore application is not always even.
    Curling effect - Good. Volumising - Bad. Thickening - Bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 7:59:00 PM More reviews by sachikowong

I have been seaching high and low for a great mascara and was convinced I would never find one. Honestly, I think I have bought at least one tube of mascara from every cosmetic company and I never found one that was quite right. I have long, straight and fine eyelashes and my undereye area seems to be oily or something. My ideal mascara was one that mainly curled, thickened and WOULD NOT SMUDGE; leaving me with more under my eyes than on my lashes. Get Bent is the answer! It thickens beautifully without looking like spider legs and ACTUALLY curls, which I was beginning to think was a mascara hoax. Furthermore, it does not get under your eyes because it is water resistant and get this- the added bonus; because it's water resistant and not waterproof, it comes off easily with make up remover or cleanser!!! (maybe even a wash with just water but I have not tried that) However, if you cry while wearing this mascara, it will run like crazy.
    The only downsides are that beacuse the brush is bent, you get a lot of excess on the brush and in the crook where the bend is but this can be fixed with a quick wipe before application. Also, having used this product for the past 3 months now, I am noticing that it seems as if the formual is maybe getting a bit clumpy and the bristles on the wand are a bit flatened when I pull it out of the tube, so a replacement may be necesaary sooner than later. Although I can still easliy apply to my eyelashes without clumps-the bristles are just somewhat uneven.
    Overall, a GREAT mascara, I have recommeded it to all my friends and of the many who have used it, they have the same praises and complaints.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2007 2:06:00 AM More reviews by swim_chick

This mascara was good at first, it lifted my lashes and wasn't too clumpy. I HATED the brush though, it got a bunch of goop on the end of it because it was so bent. (I bent it back so now it's like a normal brush). It doesn't last long, though, only a couple months and its a clumpy mess. It's good, but prepare to replace it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by jleung783

Not bad, but the bent idea to me is kinda late! I took a maybelline lash discovery brush before this was even invented and bent the brush myself because I found it easier! don't let the ergonomic design throw you off if you can do it with your fave mascara yourself!