December 19, 2014 | 1077 users online

Crème - Bobbi Brown - Oil-Free Even Finish Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Tash253nz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wasn't going to buy the creme version but going for the liquid .... but I'm really impressed! I have oily skin but this works well plus it covers up my imperfections really well. And the colour -golden- matches my skin perfectly :)
I'm on to my second one now. The only downfall is the price but for what it does, it is well worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by cutie_patootie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite foundation. It covers really well, is not too drying and not too greasy. Beautiful stuff.

Update, turns out this contains ethylhexyl palmitate, which is heavily comedogenic

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by quartkneec

I was looking for a moderate coverage foundation for my oily skin and the salesgirl talked me into this. I cannot believe I bought it. It is awful. Without fail it sits on top of my skin and looks as ugly as can be. It has no staying power at all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 5:05:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've literally had this in my MU stash for almost 2 years and never used it because applying it with the sponge made it go on too heavy and almost greasy. Last week I just happened to read a review of this product where she applied it using MAC's 187 stipple brush ( holy-grail-must-have-brush) and decided to dig it out and try it again.
This is now one of my favorite foundations. Using the skunk brush allows this product to go on lightly and even, giving a flawless full coverage look, but very natural and non greasy. Bobbi Brown's foundation colors are spot on for me because I have a yellow undertone. I use the 6.5 warm almond along with MAC NC45 concealer underneath my eyes and I absolutely love the look. Thank God I came across the reviews for this product as I highly doubt I would have given it a second chance.
It's also easy to score this on ebay for a lot less than the $40 bucks retail.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by caoscalmo

I have been using this product for awhile, and I must say I am impressed on how natural it looks on the skin. The color blends really well (I use Beige #3) I have acne-prone, combination, asian skin. I was hesitant in buying it at first because I was afraid it will be quite drying, but I found out that if u use the bobby brown make up base to go along with it, it doesn't dry out the skin ( without it- for me the texture is drying on my skin). It doesn't clog pores and has pretty good staying power. It's better to use it with the brush because it falls so naturally and doesn't exhaust as much product compared with using the sponge that comes with the package. The only downside is that it's very pricey, nevertheless the product is quite practical and the coverage is very lovely so I will probably repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by v13co

I love how the foundation matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm a Beige #3). I found that brush application works best for this one (I generally don't use sponges anyway). I spray a little mixing medium (1 glycerin: 3 water) on a stippling brush, pat the brush on the foundation, and lightly stipple the foundation onto my face. I finish it off with powder to make it last all day.

Great coverage, lasts all day, didn't clog my pores.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by amonty82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't been wearing this too long so my review my be updated or changed. So far so good though. I like this product! I was very upset when I heard the news that Px would be going out of business so I began searching for a new foundation. It's important to me to have something that is oil free, matches my skin tone, medium/full coverage, stays fresh looking all day, and won't break me out. So far this makeup meets all of those needs. At first it seemed a bit yellow to me... but once I blend it and apply powder afterwards it looks great. I hope I can continue to use this stuff. I'd recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really great product if you want medium to high coverage. It's very buildable and provides a nice even coverage. It's easy to blend and apply. I reccomend using a foundation brush instead of the sponge it comes with, but you can keep the sponge and dap it all over your face (with no product on it) for a more matte finish. It's a little cakey and I feel like my face couldn't breathe under it, but it didn't make me break out. It lasted a good while, but it doesn't last very well through heat or sweat so I recommend that you skip out on this in the summer. Overall, good product, but pricey, look for a dupe. I'm interested too! :D

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by grrrrrr

It's okay. I use it more as a concealer- undereye areas, forehead, nostrils, around the mouth and under the chin, plus any blemishes. I used to use it as an all-over foundation, but wow was it greasy. After 3-4 hours my face would look like an oil slick- and I usually have dry skin! So I only put this on as a concealer, set with powder, and am good to go. Oh, and I used to use a brush- just forget about brushes or sponges. Use your fingers. Blends MUCH better that way. Looks more natural and doesn't cake so easily. Also, use sparingly! Just dab and blend. I might buy this again, I'm not sure right now. It works well for me as a concealer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am such a Bobbi fan. I really really wanted to love this product. I hated it. I bought it when it first came out and just hated it. Fast forward a few years to this past winter of 2009 and I thought, what the heck, I must have been wrong, I'll try it again. I used it twice and was so disappointed I just threw it in the trash. It's very heavy, full coverage. My skin is in good shape for what it is. I can apply any foundation without any texture problems. Not this foundation. It shows every single tiny flaw that you have. After about 30 minutes, my face itched like crazy. And my skins natural oils (of which there are a lot) separate this and make it look heavier and more of a masque than when you first put it on. Don't bother. Usually I just leave it for people to decide for themselves, but really, don't bother. I wish Bobbi had more foundation options for oily skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No