August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I've never tried this, but yesterday as customer was asking me if I ever tried it/heard anything good feedback on it. I had no clue, but I told her I would read the ingredients. All I have to say it has Kaolin in it which is def something I wouldn't want around my eye area..Kaolin is a clay and drying ingredient that helps with oililess and dry up acne faster...so why would they put that in an eye cream? That explains why some of these reviewers are complaining about itchiness/irritation. No thanks, I'll stick to my prestigious skincare brands that have better, clinical grade ingredients..

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by micropipette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this eye cream on sale at a supermarket when I was doing some errands for my mom (therefore she paid for it hehe).

I have some mild-moderate under eye circles and dry skin, so I figured I should start using an eye cream early to keep the skin in that area healthy. Overall, I'd have to say this product is average. It moisturized the area but didn't do anything for my under eye circles.

While the cream smells really nice, the scent can get over whelming and start to irritate my eyes. Also, I found that when I put this on before I went to sleep, I'd wake up with puffy eyes, significantly more eye crust AND my eyes would feel tired ALL day. Not good.

Also, while the packaging is nice looking, I noticed that the white paper liner in the cap started coming loose and would get stuck to the cream when I tried to open it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kelbelle01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product completely sucks. Whatever antioxidants it may contain is made completely moot by the fact that the jar packaging makes it impossible to keep said ingredients stable. Furthermore, the jar/pot is clear which, if you leave it in a place that gets any sunshine, again, unstable.
I went through this "natural" phase when I was living in SF and reading literature that talked about all the horrible chemicals and etc. that we're putting on our faces and in our bodies. So I started phasing out a couple of my basics (eye cream, lip balm) with Burt's Bees and other "natural" companies. *sigh. I used Burt's Bees for 2 months and during those two months I kept looking more and more tired. I couldn't understand what the cause was - I thought it was just the beginning signs of natural aging - until I went on a trip and forgot to pack this eye cream. For a week I just used normal Cetaphil face lotion around my eyes and within that week I looked a bajillion times better. Gone were the creeping fine lines and vague puffiness. Now, I know that it's different strokes for different folks. What "natural" ingredients that may irritate my skin may be perfectly tolerated by other people, but I started reading Paula Begoun's reviews a year later and she mentioned Burt's Bees contains a number of commonly irritating ingredients. If I can save anyone the bother that I went through, please don't use this around your eyes!!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2008 1:53:00 AM More reviews by cesa11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works great, especially over top of Burt's Bee's Repair serum. Smells great, and doesn't irritate the eye area, which is refreshing compared to all the synthetic ones that made my eyes burn.

Wonderful! Similar to Derma E's Eyebright, in my opinion. Different but similar results and they both don't sting the eyes.

Love the container too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Mere828

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good drugstore brand eye cream - it kept my eye area moisturized and hydrated all day. I do felt it brightened up my eye area a bit, but nothing overly dramatic. I probably wouldn't actually go out and buy this, but it's a relatively inexpensive eye cream that I think would work well for someone if they're not interested in anti-aging, and just need a little moisture in their eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I was looking for an eye cream that moisturizes, doesn't give me milia and will work on those darn fine lines. I'm only 23 but I've noticed fine lines underneath my eyes (maybe i'm just paranoid)... I also get milia VERY easily... So after trying this eye cream out - for three weeks now - no milia at all! It does moisturize very well and keeps my eyes hydrated, but i haven't noticed any difference with my fine lines (if they're even are any?) ... The scent is quite strong but i like it... it's pleasent and doesn't bother me. It also doesn't sting my eyes at all the few times i accidentally got it in there... I also appreciate that is all natural and the containers are eco friendly (box recyleable and the pot is very simple) although I would prefer a squeeze tube so that it'd be more sanitary. Paraben free! Woohoo!

On a weird off note: I bought my eye cream at Walmart for $14.99 but when I was grabbing groceries at Albertsons - it was only $13.99 there! Same with the Radiance Night Cream... who would have ever though that Albertson's would be cheaper than Walmart?? Lol

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2008 11:23:00 PM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've just figured out what has been making my eyes burn, itch, and turn red for months. I'm trying to go as natural as possible with my makeup and this eye cream got mostly good reviews. I don't know why I didn't focus on this sooner! I've had to start using eye drops for the first time in my life! I looked up the ingredients and see orange peel oil and lemon peel oil. Argh. This is the 3rd Burt's Bees product that I must be allergic to.

I wish "natural" didn't mean "throw in everything but the kitchen sink", including things like rosemary and lavendar oil. I'm NOT sensitive to artificial creams but all those natural oils kill me.

EDIT: I even tried using this on my lips since I'm stuck with the stupid jar. They started burning. GAH! I'm downgrading to 1 lippies all around.

As for buying again, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2008 11:21:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

I kind of like this eye cream, and I swear I notice a difference in my eyelids. My eyes seem to look younger and fresher or something. I think the texture is really nice and like how it absorbs into the area around my eyes. Love the scent of it too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this eye cream a lot. It's moisturizing w/out being greasy, it doesn't sting my eyes, and it does help w/fine lines and dark circles. I love the "radiance" sheen it gives around my eyes, makes them look brighter and smoother. The only cons are that 1) it's not fragrance free, and the scent is a little strong, but it's a pleasant one at least and 2) no SPF. I don't mind the jar, but I wish it were in a squeeze tube. Still one of the best eye creams I've found!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2008 12:15:00 AM More reviews by kscissorhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did not like this cream at all. It leaves an obvious looking greasy sheen that does not absorb into my skin. Even against my oily skin, I could see exactly where i applied it. Between that and the light reflecting particles, it actually seemed to draw attention to the slightest flaw. That's definately not what I want from an eye cream. No, I would not repurchase this cream.