Burt's Bees Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, sesame seed oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), kaolin, glucose (sugar), royal jelly powder, comfrey leaf extract, cucumber extract, eyebright extract, chamomile extract, rosehips extract, with hazel extract, lecithin, mica, natural borax, xanthan gum, orange oil, lemon oil, ylang ylang oil, sucrose stearate & distearate (sugar emulsifiers), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Fab eye cream. I bought this to wear under makeup. It works very well and my concealer glides smoothly over it. I apply a very thin layer and I wait a couple of minutes for it to completely absorb before putting anything over it. I've been using it for awhile now and I really like it. If I look tired in the morning, this helps wake my eyes up. Always apply a thin layer, very little goes a long way. So the little jar will last a long time. The scent doesn't bother me at all, I like it actually. Mmmhmmm.

This is a greasy, heavy eye cream. I only use it at night now because a) it's kind of smelly and b) the time I used it during the day I had black road tracks under my eyes (from my mascara) where my fine lines are! This looked really bad. I think it does a good job moisturizing, because it lasts all day or all night. However, nada on the dark circles or puffiness. I will keep searching for my HG eye cream. On the bright side it was natural, which was good.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've found that I don't actively dislike, which is sad, because I really want to like the brand. I love that they make natural products, but that said, I don't think that a brand is superior based on intentions. Their products have to follow through.

This eye cream moisturizes reasonably effectively, which is what I bought it for, so I'm giving it 3 lippies. It doesn't give me milia, or any other immediate ill effects, so no major negatives. Beyond that, there's nothing great to say. It's a little sticky, and if I apply too much, it leaves a weird shimmery residue. It does not help with lines, dark circles, or puffiness as it claims to.

I guess it's on with the hunt for a great eye cream for me. *sigh*

This product is so-so.It didn't work wonders for me but it also didn't irritate me either.It slightly brightened but doesn't do enough for the dark circles and puffiness I am experiencing during pregnancy.I try to keep some of my face products in the fridge and this does work better when it's cold(for obvious reasons). I did my frozen peppermint tea bags over my eyes the other day and noticed more of a difference.Sorry B.B.s but I will not repurchase.

This is my second eye cream I bought for the main purpose of lightening my somewhat dark under eye circles. The first cream i bought was the excessively expensive Hylexin (going for about $95?) which did nothing for me so I felt. This one is tons more cheaper and I felt this had better lightening results in addition to being hydrating, which Hylexin definitely wasn't. BB's eye cream doesn't do wonders, but i felt it did make my under eye circles appear slightly lighter, it looked like it slightly tightened the skin around my eyes, it depuffed any eye bags i get when i wake up, and while I don't think it removes fine lines it does seem to make them less noticeable and possibly smaller while the cream is on. The cream feels a little thick going on and takes a little bit of rubbing in to absorb. I absolutely love the smell of this cream and if Royal Jelly really smells like this I bet I'd love it in my tea. However, I can see it being overwhelmingly sweet smelling for some people. Not candy sweet but maybe a very heavy floral with honey scent?
I've been using this twice a day for a couple of months and I only need to use a very small amount to coat under and on top of my eye area that I see this tiny tiny bottle lasting nearly a year for me. (Keep in mind though, that I'm not using this for it's hydrating purposes so I don't use that much of it every time.) I'd rather see this product in a tube rather than a small glass jar as it'd be more sanitary but otherwise I'm satisfied with this product for now.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've never tried this, but yesterday as customer was asking me if I ever tried it/heard anything good feedback on it. I had no clue, but I told her I would read the ingredients. All I have to say it has Kaolin in it which is def something I wouldn't want around my eye area..Kaolin is a clay and drying ingredient that helps with oililess and dry up acne faster...so why would they put that in an eye cream? That explains why some of these reviewers are complaining about itchiness/irritation. No thanks, I'll stick to my prestigious skincare brands that have better, clinical grade ingredients..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this eye cream on sale at a supermarket when I was doing some errands for my mom (therefore she paid for it hehe).

I have some mild-moderate under eye circles and dry skin, so I figured I should start using an eye cream early to keep the skin in that area healthy. Overall, I'd have to say this product is average. It moisturized the area but didn't do anything for my under eye circles.

While the cream smells really nice, the scent can get over whelming and start to irritate my eyes. Also, I found that when I put this on before I went to sleep, I'd wake up with puffy eyes, significantly more eye crust AND my eyes would feel tired ALL day. Not good.

Also, while the packaging is nice looking, I noticed that the white paper liner in the cap started coming loose and would get stuck to the cream when I tried to open it.

This product completely sucks. Whatever antioxidants it may contain is made completely moot by the fact that the jar packaging makes it impossible to keep said ingredients stable. Furthermore, the jar/pot is clear which, if you leave it in a place that gets any sunshine, again, unstable.
I went through this "natural" phase when I was living in SF and reading literature that talked about all the horrible chemicals and etc. that we're putting on our faces and in our bodies. So I started phasing out a couple of my basics (eye cream, lip balm) with Burt's Bees and other "natural" companies. *sigh. I used Burt's Bees for 2 months and during those two months I kept looking more and more tired. I couldn't understand what the cause was - I thought it was just the beginning signs of natural aging - until I went on a trip and forgot to pack this eye cream. For a week I just used normal Cetaphil face lotion around my eyes and within that week I looked a bajillion times better. Gone were the creeping fine lines and vague puffiness. Now, I know that it's different strokes for different folks. What "natural" ingredients that may irritate my skin may be perfectly tolerated by other people, but I started reading Paula Begoun's reviews a year later and she mentioned Burt's Bees contains a number of commonly irritating ingredients. If I can save anyone the bother that I went through, please don't use this around your eyes!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This works great, especially over top of Burt's Bee's Repair serum. Smells great, and doesn't irritate the eye area, which is refreshing compared to all the synthetic ones that made my eyes burn.

Wonderful! Similar to Derma E's Eyebright, in my opinion. Different but similar results and they both don't sting the eyes.

Love the container too!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good drugstore brand eye cream - it kept my eye area moisturized and hydrated all day. I do felt it brightened up my eye area a bit, but nothing overly dramatic. I probably wouldn't actually go out and buy this, but it's a relatively inexpensive eye cream that I think would work well for someone if they're not interested in anti-aging, and just need a little moisture in their eye area.

Top Rated Treatments (Eye)

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products