August 21, 2014 | 1863 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jmh1wdh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this and will probably buy a full sized one. I have tried them all from HE to drugstore and Chanel's Inimitable is impressive.
Pro's
doesn't smudge all over my eye at all
very dark black with a glossy finish
doesn't look dry, flaky or clumpy
creates nice length to my lashes
Con's
price

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I have to admit, I found this to be a really good mascara. It gives my lashes nice black saturated color, volume, curve, lenght...the only point against it is, that I also achieve this with my favourite mascara, Max Factors 2000Calories, and for less money. Holds up well and is easily removable, and the intensity can be nicely varied from natural to dramatical, depending on how many coats one uses. I might think about buying this if the Max Factor one wasn´t available anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by gunshotglitter93

i really like this mascara. it gives me perfect lashes every time i use it. it is pretty expensive for my teenage budget... my first tube was a gift from my aunt. but i'd buy it again! it's not super voluminous, but it gives great length and great curl. it works great for my lashes, which are naturally full, so i don't mind about the volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

I am surprised by the numerous negative reviews for this product - I logged in just so that I could rave about it! I have tried dozens of different mascara brands, both cheap and expensive, and this is probably my favorite. I have been using the samples that I received in my recent Chanel orders and have frankly been blown away by the quality of the brush, which is hard and covered with small nubs - it reminds me of the MAC Studio Fix mascara that I had been previously using, but with a better formula and applicator. I would not necessarily recommend this mascara to anyone looking for more curled lashes - however, if your goal is more defined, longer lashes, then I would definitely try Chanel Inimitable. I have been using it for several days now and have not experienced any flaking or smudging whatsoever, and my lashes remain wonderfully defined all day long. It is certainly expensive; if that is a concern, then I would check out MAC Studio Fix for a reasonable dupe.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

What a mediocre product. It uncurled my lashes and clumped the so badly! I much prefer my YSL mascaras to this crappy expensive mascara. Never again will I buy a Chanel mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett0722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. It always gives me excellent results, even when layered over other mascaras. It makes them appear more dramatic and doesn't clump. I would buy it again if the price was more economical. I just can't reason spending more than 20$ for mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by shigawire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I admit I'm not a frequent user, so when I got the sample in my goodie bag, I didn't really think I'd use it. One coat and wow, what a difference! It does a great job separating my lashes and the black is fairly pigmented and stays on for a good long while. I have naturally curly lashes so I don't often bother with a second coat--doubt that it's needed, really, considering that this product gives enough definition to my eyes.

I'm not sure I'd purchase the product due to the price which, as is often the case with Chanel products, is a bit out of my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 3:50:00 AM More reviews by zoelioness

I just bought Chanel's Inimitable yesterday and I have to say it is an amazing everyday mascara - my lashes look really soft and are parted beautifully and my eyes look really doe-eyed and sexy. One coat is enough to make my lashes curl and lengthen - two coats and you might run the danger of slight clumping. Get the waterproof one, for sure. Of course, like all things Chanel, the mascara is expensive, but I find that it's a good quality product - it's a classy mascara that isn't meant to be piled on to get that vegas show girl look. If you are looking for a more in-your face mascara, maybe opt for another brand. But for something subtle and classy, Inimitable is the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lanvingal

Pros: great brush that separates lashes really well - i now use this brush for my other mascaras

Cons: mascara is heavy and does not hold a curl at all; flakes when running an eyelash comb through (after applying more than 1-2 coats, the mascara starts to clump); smudges

Disappointed with this mascara, particularly because it comes from such a reputable brand. The quality of the mascara itself is similar to mascaras that you can buy for at least half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 10:07:00 AM More reviews by BeautyRose

Although I haven't got the waterproof version, the main problem I have with this is that by the end of the day, I have little black flakes around my eyes, making me look like I have heavy bags from a distance, and like I can't afford a decent mascara close up. Except this was supposed to be a decent mascara (it's chanel) and is one of the most expensive on the market. I expected better. It hardly curls, lengthens or adds volume, overall it's pretty average. If you're looking for a better chanel mascara, try exceptionnel, it really does curl and add volume, and is roughly the same price.
EDIT: perhaps I was a bit harsh, as this mascara does work in a way (it does lenghten the lashes) but this doesn't justify the smudging and the high price. Perhaps getting the waterproof version might be better.