July 29, 2014 | 1875 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner in Black

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Barbsjaguar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I finally splurged! $22.00 for an eyeliner is a luxury for me. I have seen it online and on QVC and really wanted to try it. I line inner rim on top and thinly line upper and lower lashline. This seemed ideal. However, I bought it from Ulta.com and I had to return it within 2 days. The consistency of this was not a Gel nor, a cream. It was thick, cake-ey, flakey and clumpy. I was using a Sonia Kashuk Bent eyeliner brush. The product sat on the brush in a stiff clump. I tried to apply it and it was leaving "Mascara-like" flakes and clumps on my inner rim. Not smooth application at all. On television when a demo is being done this looks like a nice highly pigmented but thin and light "Gel" product.
Either the product I received was OLD, defective, dried out OR this product is just not what it seemed to be on TV. I am sticking to my Tarte thin self sharpening sticks in waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 8:58:00 AM More reviews by kbah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this as part of one of their glam box sets with the arced liner #21 i think. At first, this little pot of eyeliner is HG status all the way! It's black, the consistency isn't too thick and it's very fluid. The colour is rich, it's a matte black. It sets really fast and does not budge from the waterline! It's truly amazing. However, if you really like a crazy dense line on the waterline for the wole day, you MAY need to reapply as the liner fades a bit. My only gripe about this liner is that it dries up WAY too quickly! I know this is a problem with waterproof liners but I was shocked at how fast it went. Maybe I'll close it tighter next time around, but mine has since dried and shrunk in size = ( boo.So my overall rating for the product itself is 5, price is reasonably expensve at 4 and packaging quality is given a 3 (i hope they can make it better than a screw top jar). I would and WILL buy this liner again! Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 6:44:00 AM More reviews by tia347

This is my HG liner. I have lined my waterline since I started wearing makeup, and I have always used pencils that are not made to go on the waterline so I was super excited to try something that was specifically for the waterline and was water proof. The day that I got this I put it on and about an hour later I got all upset and started crying and I am telling you this stuff was not budging. I knew right then that this was my liner. I don't use it as a traditional liner I only use it on my waterline so this will last me for a good long time. I am going to buy the Deep Blue color and the Dark Brown too. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Manet

So glad I finally got around to buying this liner. I've been in search for an eyeliner that really is water and smudge proof because I have very watery eyes. And this takes the cake. I love how Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils are super creamy but they tend to smudge within an hour when applied to my waterline, but with the Jet Set liner, I am good for the whole day. It's quite expensive, as with most Smashbox products, but I use this only on my waterline so even though you have to pay 22 bucks for a very small pot of product, I think it's still worth it and will no doubt repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first gel/cream liner I've ever bought. I'm very happy with this product as it glides on easy as butter with the use of a stiff angle brush. It sets quickly and is truly waterproof...no smudges, AND it lasts ALL DAY!! I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 2:51:00 AM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Would buy again in a heartbeat. Lasted my for almost a year now and I use it pretty much everyday. Truly does set very quickly and is waterproof and very pigmented so a little goes a long way. Only complaint is that it can be a little thick in textures some days. Washes off nicely with waterproof remover of course! Recommend it all the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by heatherly81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great staying power.. I find eyeliner disappears on me, even the expensive waterproof pencil type. Needless to say I was a little hesitant to shell out for this. But.. great stuff.

It is, as everyone says, a VERY fast drying liner - but I've found a trick that makes it easier to apply. I use a cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup and found that if I dipped my angled brush into a bit of oil FIRST and then into the eyeliner pot it makes it much easier to apply and extremely blendable AND it's still waterproof and Jet Set (just like it says). I find this added bit of oil in the pot also helps to prevent it from drying out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ivette1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really tried to like this, but it's too big a hassle for me, I can't use it without a brush so I really can't just throw this in my makeupbag and use it whenever, I prefer my handy pencil liner or my liquid pen liner.
sorry but I must move on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by angelalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have much experience with gel/cream eyeliners in general but I find that this one has really nice staying power. It rarely fades or smudges at all. It can be a little tricky to apply at first though because it does tend to dry in an instant.
*Edit:
The pot dried out after 1-2 months and has become extremely flaky and difficult to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ImAngela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is currently one of my fav cream/gel liners. I have really oily skin and most "waterproof" liners run on me after a few hours. This stays put all day and is easy to remove with an oil eye makeup remover. It glides on smoothly when used with a nice brush. I've had it for about 3 months and it hasn't dried up on me yet. I get my brush loaded up with the product and then screw the lid back on. The longer you have the lid off, the sooner it will dry up. Then I use the back of my hand like a paint pallet. I only gave Jet Set 4 lippies due to it is not really dark black, but still really great liner.