November 23, 2014 | 2096 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Makes fine, oily hair heavy, limp and greasy. It's full of silicones so those with thick/ abundant hair might find it smoothing, but if your hair is fine or oily, this product is not good. putting silicone in a cleansing conditioner defeats the purpose anyways. Very expensive and increased shedding on me to boot.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Katherine21218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is awesome but when you get to the bottom of the bottle you have to use your finger to get it out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kristalov

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beware if you have coloured hair! I liked this the first time that I used it. It didn't make much of a difference. My hair wasn't luxuriously soft or manageable...it was just okay. I used it again and Yikes! When I dried my hair it had lightened at least a level and a half! I get low lights put in my hair to darken it from the over bleaching done in the summer and Wen stripped those low lights right out. So, how can this be gentle and good for hair if it strips colour? I'm returning the product and will not be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by betsy075

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awful! I hate to be so straightforward. However, there is no other way to say it. I have shoulder length, fine to average hair that tends to get oily after a day. In the shower, this stuff felt great. It detangled well, and my hair felt soft. BUT after drying my hair, I could tell this stuff was very heavy. But I wanted to like it. I styled my hair like I normally do, and there it was. Oily, greasy, looking roots only 30 minutes after using this stuff. It went from bad to worse as the day progressed. By the evening, it looked like my hair was wet, or I just put a gallon of gel on my roots and left it there. If your hair is like mine, avoid this stuff. It is horrible!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sunshine78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hated this "cleansing" conditioner. It did nothing but leave my fine damaged hair limp and greasy and feeling like I needed to wash it again immediately. I would imagine only those with thick coarse hair would have success with this product. I actually had to throw the bottle out with most of the product still in it. After all the hype, this stuff was a HUGE disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by vschifano1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This company is the biggest scam, and not to mention, the conditioning shampoo is a cheap and damaging product!!! I purchased one order for the sweet almond mint conditioning shampoo, deep conditioner, and conditioning mist. They included a comb, styling cream and Endless Youth vitamins as a "free gift". Little did I know I just locked myself into $280 worth of unauthorized charges to my accts. Not only did they charge my account for multiple 6-month supplies without my request, but they got a hold of my NEW debit card number AND my OTHER debit card number and then charged BOTH accts. BEWARE when you place an order, they will continue to send products and you must cancel ASAP.

As for the quality of the conditioning shampoo, it is terrible. I am not just saying this because of my experience with the 8 unauthorized charges. My hair did not improve one bit by using the product, in fact, it became even more dry. I have thick hair with blonde highlights and was looking for some daily deep conditioning to improve the dryness. My hair showed now improvement and just got even worse. The only pro was the "free" comb I received good to use in the shower with conditioner on your hair. It is a waste of money and does hair no good, especially treated hair.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pcrate

This junk causes excessive thinning!!! I damn near go into cardiac arrest every time I shampoo my hair since it looks like half my hair is in the shower after I stopped using this foolishness! It made my super thick course hair very soft so I thought this was a go product-- after a month of using and using correctly I noticed my hair was thinning... I was only taking my same BC pills that I had been taking for over 2 yrs so it wasn't the BC pills... I wasn't taking no other meds-- I was like I think this mess is thinning my hair and stopped using and sure enough did some review searching outside of makeup alley and what do you know - I'm only one of many thin haired victims- my hair has always been thick and this crap for lack of harsher word* has thinned my out so bad that I am on triple loads of biotin / prenatal vitamins / and in search of nothing less than a miracle. I am looking to sue- it is that bad... So for all you wen users that love it and all you Wen employees good luck cause this is a nothing but a scamming hair thinning epidemic... Oh I won't waste my or your time in writing about the scamming hassle to cancel this BS or get money back after they refuse to cancel your subscription... Yeah, subscription like a damn magazine or something...

Operation hair grow back in full effect!!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Last year I tried the Wen Fig after my hair had been bleached and then died red. I didnít think this helped at all! Made my hair greasy even after following the directions and my hair still seemed to look like crap. Then I used Hair Oneís Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner which oddly enough seemed to do the trick at first but just ended up drying out my hair! So I decided to try Wen again, only this time in a different scent/ formulation. Sweet Almond Mint seems to be the universal type so I started there. I like the way this smells. Itís minty and sweet and the menthol in this is not to overpowering like it was with the Hair One. This also detangled my hair effortlessly while in the shower and when rinsed my hair still felt soft and not stripped. I have fine highlighted hair that reaches mid back. I only use 15 pumps of this VS the 40 I think is recommended for my hair length. Perhaps I would need to use more if I didnít have fine hair, but 15 works perfectly for me. My hair is softer and more manageable. It also appears healthier especially the ends which can start looking fried out. I only need to wash my hair 2 maybe 3 times a week and have been using less heat in attempt to keep my hair healthier. I rinse for about a minute, then apply five pumps to the top of my head and five pumps to the back making sure I start massaging it into my scalp. Once evenly distributed, I place my head under the shower for a few seconds and flip my hair over and began scrubbing (gently) my scalp for a few minutes. The water really helps, without it, itís tough to get your scalp clean! After a few minutes of massage, I flip my hair back an squeeze out any excess water. I then use five pumps and mix 1/8 of a teaspoon of unrefined organic virgin coconut oil and rub my hands together in order to blend them. I apply to my ends and work it though. Then I comb my hair back and clip it up for the remainder of the shower. I rinse for a few minutes under cold water. I continue to massage my scalp and push the water through my ends to make sure no greasy residue has been left behind. And TA DA! My hair looks and feels great! I just want to add that if you have an oily scalp and are not sure if this product would be okay for you, that it will take a while for your scalp to adjust if you are coming off of shampoo. It will learn not to produce so much oil! Also if your blonde, baby powder at the roots works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iíve wanted to try Wen for over a year, but balked at the idea of shopping from an infomercial. So I was very excited when Sephora picked up this line. If its available at Sephora, it must be good, right? I hopped on Productville and was terrified of all the reviews. Would this product really make me go bald? Would they still be in business after years of sales if it was making people lose their hair? After more deliberating than anyone should ever do for shampoo, I bought it. Worst case scenario, I bought it from Sephora and they have a phenomenal return policy.

So product reviewÖ For waist-length hair, I use about 6 pumps. Since my scalp is oily, I only used 2 pumps, rub my palms together, and lightly spread it from the start of my hairline down to the base of my neck. Wet the product, massage for about 30 seconds, and then rinse clean. Then I add 3-4 pumps to the length of my hair from the base of my neck down to the tips, adding gradually more product as I get closer to the ends. I donít use nearly as much product as recommended, but my hair feels fully coated by the product. I twist my hair into a bun and secure with a clippy so I can go about the rest of my shower. Right before I hop out, I rinse the product out. It rinses out easily and fairly quickly. I think it rinses faster for me because I donít use as much product as others have stated.

The results are phenomenal. I was skeptical walking in and was 100% prepared to return this product immediately. ButÖ I didnít. My hair felt moisturized and I was able to run a brush through it when my hair was towel dry. I let my hair air dry and was amazed at how shiny and soft my hair felt. When I checked the mirror at lunch, I had no flyaways and my highlights looked brighter. I use the shampoo every other day for the last week and have had the same results each time. While its more expensive than Iíve ever spent on shampoo, the results are absolutely worth the price.

About Me: I have very long (beyond mid-back), straight, Asian hair that has received full highlights every 2 months for the last 2.5 years. Before highlights, my jet black hair was super healthy, shiny, and strong. 2 years of bleach processing later and its super dry, brittle, frizzy, and crunchy at the end. Iíve started test driving different hair care lines to find something to add moisture and shine back to my hair and restore its softness.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SO FAR, I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!! My hair type: Oily on the scalp, dry dry on the ends because of years of bleaching and coloring!! (I stopped coloring/bleaching btw, and the new growth is beautiful!) Fine hair like Jennifer Anistons. :)

So I was battling my problem with oily scalp and dry ends and I saw the commercials and thought...This must be fake. I went to Sephora and bought it anyway because I really wanted to try it. I dispense it on to my palm and my first thought: This is going to make my hair SUPER greasy and SUPER limp, I was so dissappointed.... But I went ahead and followed the instructions, massaged vigorously and rinsed off. After I rinsed off I was still skeptical..I thought my hair is going to look horrible...then when I started drying my hair is when I started seeing SHINY healthy looking hair, I couldn't believe it. My hair is So soft to the touch it feels like silk. Plus it smells great and it is clarifying!

I am definitely a convert to natural products, as well as never coloring my hair, you will see a great change hopefully!