July 28, 2014 | 1655 users online

Hair - Wen by Chaz Dean - Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Pcrate

This junk causes excessive thinning!!! I damn near go into cardiac arrest every time I shampoo my hair since it looks like half my hair is in the shower after I stopped using this foolishness! It made my super thick course hair very soft so I thought this was a go product-- after a month of using and using correctly I noticed my hair was thinning... I was only taking my same BC pills that I had been taking for over 2 yrs so it wasn't the BC pills... I wasn't taking no other meds-- I was like I think this mess is thinning my hair and stopped using and sure enough did some review searching outside of makeup alley and what do you know - I'm only one of many thin haired victims- my hair has always been thick and this crap for lack of harsher word* has thinned my out so bad that I am on triple loads of biotin / prenatal vitamins / and in search of nothing less than a miracle. I am looking to sue- it is that bad... So for all you wen users that love it and all you Wen employees good luck cause this is a nothing but a scamming hair thinning epidemic... Oh I won't waste my or your time in writing about the scamming hassle to cancel this BS or get money back after they refuse to cancel your subscription... Yeah, subscription like a damn magazine or something...

Operation hair grow back in full effect!!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by scruffmuffin8u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Last year I tried the Wen Fig after my hair had been bleached and then died red. I didnít think this helped at all! Made my hair greasy even after following the directions and my hair still seemed to look like crap. Then I used Hair Oneís Olive Oil Cleansing Conditioner which oddly enough seemed to do the trick at first but just ended up drying out my hair! So I decided to try Wen again, only this time in a different scent/ formulation. Sweet Almond Mint seems to be the universal type so I started there. I like the way this smells. Itís minty and sweet and the menthol in this is not to overpowering like it was with the Hair One. This also detangled my hair effortlessly while in the shower and when rinsed my hair still felt soft and not stripped. I have fine highlighted hair that reaches mid back. I only use 15 pumps of this VS the 40 I think is recommended for my hair length. Perhaps I would need to use more if I didnít have fine hair, but 15 works perfectly for me. My hair is softer and more manageable. It also appears healthier especially the ends which can start looking fried out. I only need to wash my hair 2 maybe 3 times a week and have been using less heat in attempt to keep my hair healthier. I rinse for about a minute, then apply five pumps to the top of my head and five pumps to the back making sure I start massaging it into my scalp. Once evenly distributed, I place my head under the shower for a few seconds and flip my hair over and began scrubbing (gently) my scalp for a few minutes. The water really helps, without it, itís tough to get your scalp clean! After a few minutes of massage, I flip my hair back an squeeze out any excess water. I then use five pumps and mix 1/8 of a teaspoon of unrefined organic virgin coconut oil and rub my hands together in order to blend them. I apply to my ends and work it though. Then I comb my hair back and clip it up for the remainder of the shower. I rinse for a few minutes under cold water. I continue to massage my scalp and push the water through my ends to make sure no greasy residue has been left behind. And TA DA! My hair looks and feels great! I just want to add that if you have an oily scalp and are not sure if this product would be okay for you, that it will take a while for your scalp to adjust if you are coming off of shampoo. It will learn not to produce so much oil! Also if your blonde, baby powder at the roots works wonders!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Amandine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Iíve wanted to try Wen for over a year, but balked at the idea of shopping from an infomercial. So I was very excited when Sephora picked up this line. If its available at Sephora, it must be good, right? I hopped on Productville and was terrified of all the reviews. Would this product really make me go bald? Would they still be in business after years of sales if it was making people lose their hair? After more deliberating than anyone should ever do for shampoo, I bought it. Worst case scenario, I bought it from Sephora and they have a phenomenal return policy.

So product reviewÖ For waist-length hair, I use about 6 pumps. Since my scalp is oily, I only used 2 pumps, rub my palms together, and lightly spread it from the start of my hairline down to the base of my neck. Wet the product, massage for about 30 seconds, and then rinse clean. Then I add 3-4 pumps to the length of my hair from the base of my neck down to the tips, adding gradually more product as I get closer to the ends. I donít use nearly as much product as recommended, but my hair feels fully coated by the product. I twist my hair into a bun and secure with a clippy so I can go about the rest of my shower. Right before I hop out, I rinse the product out. It rinses out easily and fairly quickly. I think it rinses faster for me because I donít use as much product as others have stated.

The results are phenomenal. I was skeptical walking in and was 100% prepared to return this product immediately. ButÖ I didnít. My hair felt moisturized and I was able to run a brush through it when my hair was towel dry. I let my hair air dry and was amazed at how shiny and soft my hair felt. When I checked the mirror at lunch, I had no flyaways and my highlights looked brighter. I use the shampoo every other day for the last week and have had the same results each time. While its more expensive than Iíve ever spent on shampoo, the results are absolutely worth the price.

About Me: I have very long (beyond mid-back), straight, Asian hair that has received full highlights every 2 months for the last 2.5 years. Before highlights, my jet black hair was super healthy, shiny, and strong. 2 years of bleach processing later and its super dry, brittle, frizzy, and crunchy at the end. Iíve started test driving different hair care lines to find something to add moisture and shine back to my hair and restore its softness.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 3:41:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SO FAR, I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO!! My hair type: Oily on the scalp, dry dry on the ends because of years of bleaching and coloring!! (I stopped coloring/bleaching btw, and the new growth is beautiful!) Fine hair like Jennifer Anistons. :)

So I was battling my problem with oily scalp and dry ends and I saw the commercials and thought...This must be fake. I went to Sephora and bought it anyway because I really wanted to try it. I dispense it on to my palm and my first thought: This is going to make my hair SUPER greasy and SUPER limp, I was so dissappointed.... But I went ahead and followed the instructions, massaged vigorously and rinsed off. After I rinsed off I was still skeptical..I thought my hair is going to look horrible...then when I started drying my hair is when I started seeing SHINY healthy looking hair, I couldn't believe it. My hair is So soft to the touch it feels like silk. Plus it smells great and it is clarifying!

I am definitely a convert to natural products, as well as never coloring my hair, you will see a great change hopefully!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by countrychic

First time used my hair was soft and wavy with awesome frizz control. I was pleased, but the next day my hair looked weighed down and greasy. With continue use I never did get that first time awe again. I then had to wash my hair with regular shampoo in between using this product. I think a good conditioner would do the same job for a fraction of the cost. And best of all no automatic shipments and credit card charges. For sake of the company's name I had awesome customer service with no trouble cancelling my order.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by annandmichele

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

made my scalp so itchy. Also noticed more hair in the hair trapper of my shower. After reading that this product will make you lose your hair, and eventually bald, I returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Jenabee333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fine, colour treated hair that is past my shoulders. I was a little worried after I used this and read the reviews--a few people said it made their hair fall out?!

But my hair feels clean and very conditioned. It also has great body, especially at the roots, where my hair normally sticks to my head.

I think I like this stuff!

Update: I don't like this stuff... after using it a few times it gave me dandruff and make my hair ultra greasy. I only use it now as a leave in on the ends of my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Leaves my hair greasy after about 12 hrs post washing but great for when I don't have time to wash and then deep condtion, rinse, etc. I alternate with other shampoos and it's great for keeping my highly color-treated and damaged hair from falling out and breaking when I need to do a quick wash but for when I want my hair to look great and have the time, I'd use a reg shampoo + deep condition. I have baby fine hair, very damaged and do better washing every few days and letting the oils build slowly but sometimes you have to wash and re-style, for that, this is great. Not the best results afterwards for styling, hair is flat but at least not the clumpy, dull look when I'm going between washings.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

This stuff made a couple of chunks of my hair fall right out of my head at the root. It took a year for these bald spots to heal. This happens to other people as well, this stuff is too expensive to be so crappy!!
*******
A friend of mine gave me a full sized bottle as a gift. Ive tried several different ways to use this, but it always just makes my hair so greasy. Its AWESOME to add into your normal shampoo, esp after coloring. I also really like to shave my legs with it. I just dont think my hair is ment for this cleansing conditioning thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you are going to try Wen, don't fall into the seasonal scents or the special other scents, just start with this one. I am not saying Wen is HG, but this is by far the best one out of the 3 that I have tried for my fine wavy locks. It is the original. So if you are going to try WEN...start with this. I even prefer this over the famed Pumpkin Ginger (not in scent but in performance). So again, I am going on record as saying the SAM is my fave of the Wen's.

As for Wen itself, it's not bad. I am using it solely right now with the bi weekly clarifying I do. But for some one that needs to wash every day to style her hair...this is a nice product for it. Is it everything the TV infomercials say? No, not even close. My color still faded eventually...maybe gave me a week or two more time. My hair feels fine, but it isn't PERFECT like they show. So if you get the infomercials out of your head and try it objectively, follow the rules (except play with how much you need) this can be a very nice product to use. Will I rebuy? Maybe.