Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner

3.2

Not tested on animals

on 2/12/2013 1:01:00 AM

Like everyone else, I tried really hard to like this product because of how expensive it was. It did nothing for me. It made my hair feel and look greasy. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone, not matter what type of hair they have!

on 2/9/2013 3:09:00 PM

I can say that I will not go back to regular shampoo and conditioner after using Wen, I am quite happy with the results.
I'd been fascinated with the concept of Wen for awhile, so finally took the plunge and got it. It's definitely more expensive than your average shampoo and conditioner and I was pretty shocked at how much the directions tell you to use. That part seems like a scam - use a ton per wash so we can make more money. I'd say test out what works for you, don't necessarily use the suggested amount.
I have super straight, fine, long hair that tends to get oily after one day, so initially I was skeptical about putting a ton of conditioner in my hair to get it clean and was worried it would be weighed down and greasy. To my surprise not only was it clean, but I can skip a day without washing it, and it is still not oily by the end of the second day. (this also helps cut down on the cost of Wen since I'm not using it every day) My hair will always be fine, no changing that, but it definitely styles more easily and appears thicker while still being soft. I can style my hair with a curling iron and the curl will actually stay all day, as opposed to before, when it would lose the curl after about an hour. I think the part that was the most surprising is how shiny my hair looks. Several people asked me if I colored my hair recently, but it's just the shine bringing out natural highlights. Thank you, Wen!
The directions call for 10 - 20 pumps, I only use about 9. I think the key to this product is two things: getting your hair soaking wet, and really massaging it into your scalp. I'm still a bit mystified how the product works, but I've found those two things to help it.
For me personally the hair that came out wasn't any more dramatic than it was with other conditioners, and now it seems to have lessened a great deal.
The one thing I'm not crazy about is the pump. The system is based off of how many pumps to use, but I had a good inch of product left in my first bottle and the pump no longer was able to suck the stuff up. I had to open the bottle and just guess how many pumps I was using.

on 1/30/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really, really wanted to love this. I got the set from Sephora. After the first use, tons of hair came out. I thought it mush be just regular "fall out" and continued to use it for a week. I used it every other day. So 3 or 4 times. I didn't use any other shampoo or conditioner. I wanted to give it a real chance.

However, this will be going back. I have small patches of hair loss. I wish I had never used this. I have lots of thick, long hair and I'm so upset at seeing it thin and patchy. Granted, most people won't notice but I did.

The set came with deep conditioner and a refreshing spray. I haven't used either.

MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT.

on 1/18/2013 1:16:00 PM

Makes fine, oily hair heavy, limp and greasy. There's really nothing in this that will clean your scalp and hair, it's a mixture of glycerin, fatty alcohols, botanicals (which include potential irritants like essential oils and menthol), some silicones & polyquats. Putting non water soluble ingredients in a cleansing conditioner defeats the purpose anyways, as they can build up over time & you will need a shampoo to remove them. If you like this & you find it stops working over time, definitely use a clarifying shampoo to get the build up out. Very expensive and increased shedding on me to boot, so it doesn't work for me.

As far as his claims that shampoo damages hair, that is nonsense! It's usually mechanical damage / improper technique that can potentially cause damage, not the shampoo itself. Cleanse scalp gently, let the lather run down the length of your hair, don't pile hair on top of your head and you should be fine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product is awesome but when you get to the bottom of the bottle you have to use your finger to get it out.

on 1/1/2013 11:04:00 PM

Beware if you have coloured hair! I liked this the first time that I used it. It didn't make much of a difference. My hair wasn't luxuriously soft or manageable...it was just okay. I used it again and Yikes! When I dried my hair it had lightened at least a level and a half! I get low lights put in my hair to darken it from the over bleaching done in the summer and Wen stripped those low lights right out. So, how can this be gentle and good for hair if it strips colour? I'm returning the product and will not be buying again.

on 12/13/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is awful! I hate to be so straightforward. However, there is no other way to say it. I have shoulder length, fine to average hair that tends to get oily after a day. In the shower, this stuff felt great. It detangled well, and my hair felt soft. BUT after drying my hair, I could tell this stuff was very heavy. But I wanted to like it. I styled my hair like I normally do, and there it was. Oily, greasy, looking roots only 30 minutes after using this stuff. It went from bad to worse as the day progressed. By the evening, it looked like my hair was wet, or I just put a gallon of gel on my roots and left it there. If your hair is like mine, avoid this stuff. It is horrible!

on 12/4/2012 4:06:00 PM

I hated this "cleansing" conditioner. It did nothing but leave my fine damaged hair limp and greasy and feeling like I needed to wash it again immediately. I would imagine only those with thick coarse hair would have success with this product. I actually had to throw the bottle out with most of the product still in it. After all the hype, this stuff was a HUGE disappointment.

on 11/28/2012 6:14:00 PM

This company is the biggest scam, and not to mention, the conditioning shampoo is a cheap and damaging product!!! I purchased one order for the sweet almond mint conditioning shampoo, deep conditioner, and conditioning mist. They included a comb, styling cream and Endless Youth vitamins as a "free gift". Little did I know I just locked myself into $280 worth of unauthorized charges to my accts. Not only did they charge my account for multiple 6-month supplies without my request, but they got a hold of my NEW debit card number AND my OTHER debit card number and then charged BOTH accts. BEWARE when you place an order, they will continue to send products and you must cancel ASAP.

As for the quality of the conditioning shampoo, it is terrible. I am not just saying this because of my experience with the 8 unauthorized charges. My hair did not improve one bit by using the product, in fact, it became even more dry. I have thick hair with blonde highlights and was looking for some daily deep conditioning to improve the dryness. My hair showed now improvement and just got even worse. The only pro was the "free" comb I received good to use in the shower with conditioner on your hair. It is a waste of money and does hair no good, especially treated hair.

Popular Hair Products