December 20, 2014 | 1752 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by kaitlyncleaveley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this product is either loved or hated..i personally dont like it, i find that my hair was breaking off using it and oddly it was more dry :S which defeats the whole ``hello Hydration`` title. ummm yea my hair just in general looked worse dead and dry, two thumbs doown

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner promise to moisturize dry, "thirsty" hair. I purchased both at Giant Eagle for $3.49 each, both are 12 fl oz bottles.
Packaging is the standard wavy Herbal Essences bottle. The shampoo bottle is made of thin, translucent blue plastic. The conditioner bottle is made of a thicker, opaque blue plastic. The bottles have blue, green, and silver splatters and circles on them, which is appealing. The tagline "All your hair needs is a good soak" is printed on the front. A full list of ingredients and some fun facts are on the back.
The scent of this shampoo is what originally drew me to purchase in the first place. Its fantastic. The label says Hello Hydration contains Hawaiian Coconut and Orchid, both of which are well represented in the scent. I normally don't enjoy anything coconut, flavor or scents, but the addition of orchid makes this quite enjoyable. I can also sense a bit of citrus in the conditioner's smell, but I can't find anything fruity or citrus scented in the ingredients. I do wish this scent lashed longer, after my hair dries I can barely smell it. Disappoint.
When it comes to washing my hair, I feel like I need a lot of shampoo to get enough lather to clean my chest length, thick hair. At least a third of a palm-full. The shampoo is thick and creamy and a beautiful shade of blue. It takes a lot to work it to lather, possibly due to the thickness. I leave it in about 15 seconds before rinsing.
The conditioner is a light blue and has an almost whipped texture. I also need a lot of it to coat my hair fully. I leave it in about 10 minutes. I don't really recommend it for detangling, it does nothing for me in that department. I've been relying on my Aveeno Nourish+Condition Leave in Treatment to de-matte my knotty hair.
I'm not sure how to feel about this shampoo/conditioner The first time I used them, my hair felt so clean, soft, and healthy and looked very shiny, albeit a bit flat. It was greasy the next night, but I didn't think much of it, since its a moisturizing shampoo. It's been downhill since then. It now leaves my hair looking dull, flat, lifeless, and dry (keep in mind this is a moisturizing shampoo). I think its just not for my hair type. It works wonders on Boyfriend's fine hair. It looks really shiny and healthy, and better than mine. Jealous.
Overall this isn't a bad shampoo, it's just not for me. Try it if you have thin hair, dry hair, or like coconuts. The epic scent is really all that worked out well for me. I won't be repurchasing after I finish both bottles off.
I'm planning a review series on all of Herbal Essences shampoos and conditioners, and maybe some style products. Next Up: Tousle Me Softly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

I used this shampoo for a few years before switching to a different Herbal Essences one (the red one for long hair, among many others). I really liked the way it smells and I think it's cool that it's a pearly blue color. It moisturized my hair fairly well and didn't leave it oily or anything. It's a good idea to use the matching conditioner afterward. I think it's a pretty good product ( :

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2011 9:53:00 PM More reviews by strawberryappleorange

NO BODY EVERY MENTIONED THIS SHAMPOO IS BLUE!!!!!!!! it's a shampoo and it's highly pigmented ?! out to the trash. I want me money back.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by GirlyErin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I ran out of my all-time favorite shampoo, Aussie Moist, and decided to try Herbel Essence's Hello Hydration. I was excited to go ahead and try it, so I used it that night. When I got out of the shower and started combing through, my hair felt really sticky and hard, and it was impossible to run the comb through. I decided to blow dry my hair and thought that might help, and it was still impossible to comb through and became really super frizzy and dry. I threw it away and went and purchased Aussie Moist the next morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Itapinkpony

I got this mostly because of the smell, have nice waves in my hair so i let it to air dry always, but when my hair dried after using this it was oily and tangled, i also got this weird painful bumps in my scalp, i had to stop using it

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by LunarReflection

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had heard great things about this and I has always loved the smell. But that was abou it... My usually dry hair became oily after a few hours. I would not recommend this product

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by kyphie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For my thick, dry and wavy hair this is a decent choice from the drugstore. I often buy this when I can't decide on anything else or can't afford a higher end shampoo. This leaves my hair feeling clean and moisturized without weighing it down. This might not work for those with fine or oily hair but for me, it's a drugstore staple!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I found this very average and not particularly moisturizing. I didn't see any change in the way my hair looked either. It does smell really nice though and the bottle is really cute.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by cushiekisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of course like an idiot I bought the huge bottles of the poo/cond. before using since it was the best smelling poo/cond. I found in the d/s. This stuff made my scalp go insane. It felt like I had an allergic reaction. Anyone who is interested, I have these up for swap, used only once.