December 22, 2014 | 1698 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by caprihong

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used many high end loose powders and they either made my face dry or chalky...and the packaging would always be terrible. I've stuck with YSL Poudre Sur Mesure for quite some time cause I loved the packaging and was so convenient for travel, plus it looked gorgeous. However, it was drying and it did make my fine lines show but I was willing to bear it till I finished it up. Thanks to my mom who snatched it away cause she thought it smelled and looked beautiful, I "unwillingly" gave it up and went out the next day looking for a new loose powder. This horrific looking La Mer product kept catching my eye. I mean, who in their rightful mind would come up with this packaging --- I am absolutely sure it was designed by a male. Anyway, this turned out to be absolutely remarkable. It is not drying as all the other products I've ever used,,, it's so thinly milled...it truly leaves an incredible finish. I am so impressed that I am willing to look at this ugly, bulky packaging with loving eyes...cause what's inside is truly a state of the art. Well done, La Mer!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

In general I don't believe in overpriced, overhyped products claiming having "miraculous" ingredients in it. Enter La Mer Loose Powder. I have very sensitive, dry and pale (NW10) skin and most powders I have tried either made me break out, were irritating, drying, chalky or did settle into fine lines. Not this loose powder. It is a very finely milled, leight-weight, silky powder and it feels and looks like you have nothing on. Your skin but better. It provides a radiant glow instead of a dull, matte look. Doesn't do much for oil controlling so if you're looking for such a powder, you might try another. I tried both the #Translucent and the #Creme. The #Translucent is invisible indeed but I do notice some sparkling particles on my face. In the end I find it nothing ott though. The #Creme adds some colour to my face, although it's hardly visible. Also the #Creme doesn't have the sparkling particles in it. So I mixed both shades (I got samples of both powders) and I ended up having found my HG Loose Powder. Ridiculously expensive, yes, but I most certainly will purchase a full size jar of this powder. Highly recommended giving this loose powder a try! It is worth it! *Pics in My Profile*
Ingredients: Talc, Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Calcium Stearate, Tourmaline, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Melachite, Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract, Silica, Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491 / CI 77492), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742),
Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850).

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this.
Completely ditching my NARS snow for this!
The translucent powder is extremely finely milled, so completely delicate, and dissapears onto your fingers! On my face it still sets my makeup perfectly but doesnt look powdery, if that makes sense. You cannot see it at all once it sets, only the hint of a healthy glow. Which, to be honest, after wearing thicker powders and having that really MATTE dry look, this is wonderful. It diffuses pores and lines and just looks beautiful. I spluge on good products, and this one was a definite splurge. I'm pretty sure I won't have to buy again for another year, the jar is massive.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I was so very pleasantly surprised by this powder. It is very silky fine and soft. Lightweight and ultra comfy on the skin. And it imparts a very subtle radiance I think so it doesn't look so flat. I have it in Creme and the coverage is comparable to Clarins pressed powder.

I am looking for a powder that is softer than Clarins but cheaper than Sisley and in this light La Mer is number 1 on my list. However, I am used to oil-control capabilities of Clarin's pp (very good) and Sisley's (amazing!). La Mer is not a heavyweight in this area but it makes up for softness both in physical and optical appearance.

I just couldn't understand why La Mer would choose to put 25 gram of their product in a gigantic jar, 'though it is not to fool consumer I suppose. I ask the SA about this and she says because it looks good on my vanity. Well, I am the type who would rather have it looking good on my face than on my vanity, which is absurd as La Mer could have put that extra cost for packaging to the quantity of product inside. I still couldn't get past that looking good on my vanity remark really as the gigantic jar is in no way pleasing to the eyes like Anna Sui's ..well unless she means flaunting which is ridiculous. Furthermore, the jar is way too heavy and fragile and I have to do some form of shaking or turning it upside down everytime I use it with sponge. Now, Sisley seems more way too smart but too skimpy.lol. Anyways no 30g loose powder lasts me for more than 3 months, so I'll give this one 4 months tops.

Well, I am beginning to form a love affair with this powder. And right now I am thinking of getting the translucent one and beige too

EDIT: I bought the Transluscent version and I HATE IT!!! It is shiny (not shimmery) on the face, reminiscent of cheap Korean powders. But I can get past this issue. My major major issue is that it leaves a pinkish tint on my face and the more I retouch, the reddish this tint becomes. My first time to feel disgusted about 'transluscent' powder, which I normally love from any brand. A total let down. Stick on the colored version girls. I am taking one lippy off for this inconsistency.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this powder ...I hate make up as i always get clog pores and spots but i end up with this powder after reading the reviews. I am so glad i buy it. Is soooo good and lightwear.Make my skin very soft and glowing. In fact the only loose powder i can wear. Never dry out my skin...never clog my pores...never any cons..
I am MAC 20
I have
# Translucent ( i use it when i have tinted moisturizer on my face - is very fair & really not much color ( NC10 or less ) with some shimmer
# Neutral is perfect color for me ( but i always like little more color on my face. This color can be worn by people from NC 25 to NC 35
# Bronze is quite dark color only for summer for me and for people up NC 35
I also try
# Beige which is little light for my test i guess for people between 20 -25
# Crème is really fair which will suit people around NC 15-20

_______________________________________________________

Talc / Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer / Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether / Calcium Stearate / Tourmalne / Polymethyl Methacrylate / Melachite / Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract / Silica / Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride / Lauroyl / Calcium Carbonate / Dehydroacetic Acid / Methylparaben / Propylparaben / Butylparaben / Iron Oxides (CI 77491),(CI 77492) / Red 30 Lake (CI 73360) / Mica / Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) / Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510) / Manganese Violet (CI 77742) /
Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) / Ultramarines (CI 77007) / Red 7 Lake (CI 15850)

34 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, this is really good, especially for older, drier skin. It will not accentuate fine lines or dry flaky skin. I've read somewhere that older women should avoid using powder. This one is safe to use, ladies. Just don't get the 'Translucent' one. It's too shimmery for us.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth the money. This is a beatiful translucent powder that enhances my complexion without looking like i have anything on. It also helps keep the oilys at bay. There is so much powder i doubt i'll ever run out but if I do I'll rebuy. The sa told me when the first came out with this the company had them close there eyes and put their finger into the jar and to say when they felt the powder. she said her finger hit the bottom of the jar, she didnt even feel the powder thats how light it is. as much as i would like to replicate this, i dont feel like contaminating my powder:-) anyways, im sure i wouldnt feel the powder anyhow cause its that finely milled. great product, not so thrilled about the heavy frosted glass container though. I have this in beige. My skin ranges from Chanel soft bisque 2.5 to natural 4.5 which I believe would correlate to MAC NC25-45 (coloring similar to Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears). I have normal to oily skin with large pores. After moisturizer, primer, concealer, and foundation my skin is almost perfect... this is the finishing touch... gets rid of any excess shine and makes my pores disapear leaving my skin looking radiant and flawless. No powdery finish... just perfection. Love it. click continue for pics.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Crystal78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the lightest and finest loose powder i've ever tried. It was so light until it got into my nose if i didn't hold my breath when dusting it on to my face. I bought the translucent shade for my fair complexion. It will probably last me forever since i only use very little on my oily area once or twice a week. I transfered some of them from the huge stupid glass jar and carrying it with me whenver i'm out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

la mer powder is superfine, airy, soft and light. i find that it absorbs my oil well yet doesn't settle in creases or make my skin look dry or cakey. i'm not overly oily though. i like how this lightly sets my makeup and leaves my skin luminous. i usually just use concealer. i'm not too fond of the 05translucent powder. i find that it reflects pink on me. it kind of looks like a light application of mac pigment pink opal. it gives off a pearly look that some may find desirable but i think it slightly accentuates the redness i have due to sensitive skin. i like the teeny sparkles in it though and the overall color is really translucent on my skin tone. i prefer 01creme. as for travelling with it, i just use the sample la mer powder jar which has a smaller version of the same puff. shu uemura and mac sell powder containers with a sieve. 01creme and 05translucent ingredients: talc, ethylene/methacrylate copolymer, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, calcium stearate, tourmaline, polymethyl methacrylate, malachite, phaeodactylm tricornotum extract, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, calcium carbonate, dehydroacetic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [+/- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), red 30 lake (ci 73360), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), manganese violet (ci 77742), yellow lake (ci 19140), ultramarines (ci 77007), red 7 lake (ci 15850)] {iln30768} poids net wt. 0.88oz./25g $65usd.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!
This will probably last me several years, due to the size of the jar...stupidly heavy and inconvenient for travel, but you certainly get plenty.
However, these are minor drawbacks compared to the fact that this powder is wonderful. So much more natural looking than MAC Studio Fix (my staple for a couple of years now.)
Love it!
(Finger crossed that it doesn't break me out...I'm very sensitive.)