April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Loose Powders - La Mer - Skincolor De La Mer - The Powder - Poudre de La Mer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love love this.
Completely ditching my NARS snow for this!
The translucent powder is extremely finely milled, so completely delicate, and dissapears onto your fingers! On my face it still sets my makeup perfectly but doesnt look powdery, if that makes sense. You cannot see it at all once it sets, only the hint of a healthy glow. Which, to be honest, after wearing thicker powders and having that really MATTE dry look, this is wonderful. It diffuses pores and lines and just looks beautiful. I spluge on good products, and this one was a definite splurge. I'm pretty sure I won't have to buy again for another year, the jar is massive.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I was so very pleasantly surprised by this powder. It is very silky fine and soft. Lightweight and ultra comfy on the skin. And it imparts a very subtle radiance I think so it doesn't look so flat. I have it in Creme and the coverage is comparable to Clarins pressed powder.

I am looking for a powder that is softer than Clarins but cheaper than Sisley and in this light La Mer is number 1 on my list. However, I am used to oil-control capabilities of Clarin's pp (very good) and Sisley's (amazing!). La Mer is not a heavyweight in this area but it makes up for softness both in physical and optical appearance.

I just couldn't understand why La Mer would choose to put 25 gram of their product in a gigantic jar, 'though it is not to fool consumer I suppose. I ask the SA about this and she says because it looks good on my vanity. Well, I am the type who would rather have it looking good on my face than on my vanity, which is absurd as La Mer could have put that extra cost for packaging to the quantity of product inside. I still couldn't get past that looking good on my vanity remark really as the gigantic jar is in no way pleasing to the eyes like Anna Sui's ..well unless she means flaunting which is ridiculous. Furthermore, the jar is way too heavy and fragile and I have to do some form of shaking or turning it upside down everytime I use it with sponge. Now, Sisley seems more way too smart but too skimpy.lol. Anyways no 30g loose powder lasts me for more than 3 months, so I'll give this one 4 months tops.

Well, I am beginning to form a love affair with this powder. And right now I am thinking of getting the translucent one and beige too

EDIT: I bought the Transluscent version and I HATE IT!!! It is shiny (not shimmery) on the face, reminiscent of cheap Korean powders. But I can get past this issue. My major major issue is that it leaves a pinkish tint on my face and the more I retouch, the reddish this tint becomes. My first time to feel disgusted about 'transluscent' powder, which I normally love from any brand. A total let down. Stick on the colored version girls. I am taking one lippy off for this inconsistency.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this powder ...I hate make up as i always get clog pores and spots but i end up with this powder after reading the reviews. I am so glad i buy it. Is soooo good and lightwear.Make my skin very soft and glowing. In fact the only loose powder i can wear. Never dry out my skin...never clog my pores...never any cons..
I am MAC 20
I have
# Translucent ( i use it when i have tinted moisturizer on my face - is very fair & really not much color ( NC10 or less ) with some shimmer
# Neutral is perfect color for me ( but i always like little more color on my face. This color can be worn by people from NC 25 to NC 35
# Bronze is quite dark color only for summer for me and for people up NC 35
I also try
# Beige which is little light for my test i guess for people between 20 -25
# Crème is really fair which will suit people around NC 15-20

_______________________________________________________

Talc / Ethylene-Methacrylate Copolymer / Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether / Calcium Stearate / Tourmalne / Polymethyl Methacrylate / Melachite / Phaeodactylum Tricornotum Extract / Silica / Caprylic-Capric Triglyceride / Lauroyl / Calcium Carbonate / Dehydroacetic Acid / Methylparaben / Propylparaben / Butylparaben / Iron Oxides (CI 77491),(CI 77492) / Red 30 Lake (CI 73360) / Mica / Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) / Farric Farrocyanide (CI 77510) / Manganese Violet (CI 77742) /
Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) / Ultramarines (CI 77007) / Red 7 Lake (CI 15850)

33 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2008 6:23:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, this is really good, especially for older, drier skin. It will not accentuate fine lines or dry flaky skin. I've read somewhere that older women should avoid using powder. This one is safe to use, ladies. Just don't get the 'Translucent' one. It's too shimmery for us.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by loarc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Worth the money. This is a beatiful translucent powder that enhances my complexion without looking like i have anything on. It also helps keep the oilys at bay. There is so much powder i doubt i'll ever run out but if I do I'll rebuy. The sa told me when the first came out with this the company had them close there eyes and put their finger into the jar and to say when they felt the powder. she said her finger hit the bottom of the jar, she didnt even feel the powder thats how light it is. as much as i would like to replicate this, i dont feel like contaminating my powder:-) anyways, im sure i wouldnt feel the powder anyhow cause its that finely milled. great product, not so thrilled about the heavy frosted glass container though. I have this in beige. My skin ranges from Chanel soft bisque 2.5 to natural 4.5 which I believe would correlate to MAC NC25-45 (coloring similar to Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears). I have normal to oily skin with large pores. After moisturizer, primer, concealer, and foundation my skin is almost perfect... this is the finishing touch... gets rid of any excess shine and makes my pores disapear leaving my skin looking radiant and flawless. No powdery finish... just perfection. Love it. click continue for pics.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Crystal78

This is the lightest and finest loose powder i've ever tried. It was so light until it got into my nose if i didn't hold my breath when dusting it on to my face. I bought the translucent shade for my fair complexion. It will probably last me forever since i only use very little on my oily area once or twice a week. I transfered some of them from the huge stupid glass jar and carrying it with me whenver i'm out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by gelo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

la mer powder is superfine, airy, soft and light. i find that it absorbs my oil well yet doesn't settle in creases or make my skin look dry or cakey. i'm not overly oily though. i like how this lightly sets my makeup and leaves my skin luminous. i usually just use concealer. i'm not too fond of the 05translucent powder. i find that it reflects pink on me. it kind of looks like a light application of mac pigment pink opal. it gives off a pearly look that some may find desirable but i think it slightly accentuates the redness i have due to sensitive skin. i like the teeny sparkles in it though and the overall color is really translucent on my skin tone. i prefer 01creme. as for travelling with it, i just use the sample la mer powder jar which has a smaller version of the same puff. shu uemura and mac sell powder containers with a sieve. 01creme and 05translucent ingredients: talc, ethylene/methacrylate copolymer, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, calcium stearate, tourmaline, polymethyl methacrylate, malachite, phaeodactylm tricornotum extract, silica, caprylic/capric triglyceride, lauroyl lysine, calcium carbonate, dehydroacetic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [+/- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), red 30 lake (ci 73360), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), manganese violet (ci 77742), yellow lake (ci 19140), ultramarines (ci 77007), red 7 lake (ci 15850)] {iln30768} poids net wt. 0.88oz./25g $65usd.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 2:50:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnyUK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG!
This will probably last me several years, due to the size of the jar...stupidly heavy and inconvenient for travel, but you certainly get plenty.
However, these are minor drawbacks compared to the fact that this powder is wonderful. So much more natural looking than MAC Studio Fix (my staple for a couple of years now.)
Love it!
(Finger crossed that it doesn't break me out...I'm very sensitive.)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by annsuya

I bought this in tandem with the treatment fluid foundation with spf 15.
I am one person who has bought many a foundation and powders. The only ones I could apply failproof was Benefit's Dandelion and it was good.Everything else made me look blotchy by noon and I would sweat like a dog and felt like I had gunk on my face all the time and irritated. I would only use these once...hence me swapping my playsticks by Benefit...so thick.

This foundation and powder is good because I do not feel like I have anything on but the coverage is amazing, it lasts the whole day. I removed a lippie because I still sweat a bit after applying it for about 20 minutes...and the powder case is a behemoth! What purpose it serves with this size I wonder?

Use it with the foundation brush if you are an idiot in applying foundation like me.

The price is crazy as usual with La Mer, but I am sure the product will last about 8 months is used 5 times a week.

I am updating this after a 3 days of use...really disappointed, I can see few clogged pores, breakout on my forehead and near lip line. Will monitor this for a month and review again

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:20:00 PM More reviews by dazedxgrrl

After trying a sample of this powder in Translucent, I knew it had to be mine. I went over to the La Mer counter last week to pick up a sample of their foundation (which I actually ended up purchasing on the spot b/c it was just amazing), and to purchase this powder.

I have been looking for HG loose powder for the longest, and nothing seemed to be good enough for HG status. Most recently, I was alternating between Shu Uemura and Chanel. Color-wise both were fine, but they did tend to feel a little heavy. I just figured this how all loose powders were, and I would never find anything better, but I was wrong.

Upon trying the sample of La Mer's powder in Translucent, the first thing I noticed was how light it felt on my skin. It didn't feel heavy, or look cakey, and set my foundation perfectly. It also really controlled my oily t-zone throughout a long day at work.

The packaging is just ok... not a fan of the huge glass jar, because I'm scared that I'll drop it, but it is pretty to look at.

The powder is expensive, but again just like the foundation, I think it will last for quite some time (or at least that is how I justify it). I will definitely re-purchase again, as this is my HG.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No