Becca Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

3.9

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Persea Gratissima (Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables), Talc, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Myristate, Kaolin, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Glycine, Fructose, Urea, Niacinamide, Inositol, Sodium Benzoate, Lactic Acid, Parfum. May contain: Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 36 CI 12085, Red 7 CI 15850.

I use this in cashmere and its a fantastic colour match for my skin (none of the horrible orangey or yellowy overtones that looks so terrible with my pinky toned skin). I've found that if my skin is not looking so good, before i discovered AHA/BHA lotions and my cheeks were looking blotchy and red it didn't give enough coverage and i had to use the stick foundation to even those out (not such a big fan of that!) but at the moment when my skin is looking glowing and healthy its an excellent foundation and makes my skin more luminous. So if you have area's you want to cover its not much use but if you just want to emphasise healthy skin its amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far so good with the LSC. I've been using it for about a week every day to date.

Prior to my epiphany at the Becca counter, I hadn't used or bought a single Becca product, although I was well aware of the brand and its products and had been wanting to try the Beach Tint for some time. I had been using a rotation of Everyday Minerals foundation (couldn't ever get the right colour and am too lazy to mix, plus was sick of the powder getting all over my room and myself) and Chanel Teint Innocence (which made my face look grey). I wanted something sheer to even out my fairly good skin but something that was also not going to disappear off my face by lunchtime. I am a MAC NW25-30, Chanel 30, GA LSF 5/5.5, blonde hair, blue eyes, normal/combo skin, and at the Becca counter I got matched to Olive in the LSC. I'm glad I didn't go by the online swatches as Olive is about two shades darker than I thought I would be! It's a great colour match though and the slight green in it evens out the redness in my skin.

The finish of the LSC is, as previously described, sheer. If you're looking for medium-full coverage, you won't find it here. I like it because it's natural and definitely not mask-like. It evened out the red spots and concealed small marks/blemishes yet still allowed my own skin to come through. Mixed with the Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (which I also bought), the LSC makes my skin look pretty good, if I do say so myself. When the MA did my makeover at the counter, my skin looked like the Becca models' skin. And all this achieved without Photoshop! I took some photos in natural light when I got home because I was so impressed and couldn't believe how well the photos turned out - no erasing of redness/blemishes required and no mismatched face-neck colour issues. Just radiant, dewy skin.

At the moment it's winter here and I have had no problems with the staying power of the LSC. However, I get oilier in summer and wouldn't be surprised if this staying power is somewhat shortened. I also bought the Mineral Primer at the same time and although I haven't used the LSC without it, I'm hoping that it provides a good "sticking" base, if you like, for the LSC.

The cost, when compared to Everyday Minerals and discounted (through Strawberrynet) Chanel, is astronomical: AU$68 for the LSC. But it's worth it. And you don't need to use a lot - I use one pump of the foundation and one pump of the SSP, and I'd say that even if I didn't use the SSP, I'd still only have to use one pump of the LSC. So it should last a fair while. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that this continues to be a star product and then I'll consider upgrading it to five stars (and buying the concealer, powder, and whatever else they try and sell me...).

UPDATE NOVEMBER 2009: Well, I've just about finished the bottle - over a year later - so I'd say that the $68 outlay, though painful, ended up being rather economical. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase (leaving as "yes" though for now) as I've got a couple of other foundations to use up plus I'm thinking it makes me look more oily than dewy now. Still, the match of the shade to my skin is unequalled and even though I'm undecided about whether or not I like the finish, my skin looks pretty damn good with it on.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

5 stars based on initial impression!
COVERAGE: for me, light. But it still managed to even out my skintone, which is what I expected. After all of these reviews, nobody should be buying this thinking that this gives anything but sheer coverage.

FINISH: extremely natural. I have combo/oily skin, and I did get some oilies midday, because this product is moisturizing, but I would rather have moisturized, luminous skin (and have to blot a few times) than a fake matte finish. This does not accentuate my fine lines or cake around the nose. And it's summer, so I think I'll like this product even more when winter comes around.

Overall, this is recommended for people who only require some spot concealing. This effectively evens skin tone while looking natural, so that you only need to apply heavier concealer/foundation to cover problems spots. If you have large areas that need to be covered, this will probably be too sheer.

I also think it's unrealistic that some people have expected this to be the one and only product they will ever need and then be disappointed that this was not it. Tinted moisturizer, heavier foundation, concealer, and powder each serve a different purpose, and you use each appropriately as you need it. There will never be just one product that will serve all your needs. If you're looking for a moisturizing non-matte TM and you only require concealer in spots and a little powder to finish, this LSC is for you.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was expecting to love this because I only ever use tinted moisturizeres or a foundation with very sheer coverage (and even then only at night).

I only tried this as a sample - which is lucky, because I wasn't too impressed by it.

This is because - it's too oily for my skin type. The SA recommended using the mattifying primer underneath, which I did - but still it was way to oily. It felt really yuck on my skin too. I couldn't wait to wash it off.

I used the Olive color ... it wasn't exactly to dark, but the color was off ... it was too yellow/orange ... and looked really unnatural.

I would not purchase this product. But, mum has it in the same color and it really suits her and she says she loves how moisturizing it is. It was just too moisturizing on me. I think that this could be a good product depending on your skin type and skin tone.

I never bought this in the first place (received in a swap), and I'm not sure if I'll buy it again (though I'm saying yes because I'm on the fence). I usually use this as a tinted moisturizer to even out my complexion, then put my primer and MAC MSF Natural over it. It's really sheer, which is nice, and it does a decent job of making my skin look like it's once uniform color. I just don't possess the BECCA love that a lot of MUAers do.

EDIT: Since I've started on Tazorac, and my oily skin has become the Sahara in places, I've started to appreciate this product a lot more. I added one more lippy, and I hope that when my skin gets better, it will replace my normal foundation!

I love my LSC in Nude. The color makes my whole face bright and glowy and even. but it still looks like my skin. It can look a little oily if you don't use the finishing powder, but its part of an overall sequence, not the end of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product in Olive about two months ago. When the MA put it on me, along with a concoction of various Shimmering Skin Perfector colours, it looked amazing, very dewy and pretty, but it didn't last for very long. I have noticed that when I use it, not only does it not last, but it also gets quite patchy on my skin and makes me look oily, rather than dewy. This is strange as I have very dry skin, not oily skin! I emailed the Becca website's MA and she suggested that I use loose powder and a foundation brush, which I already do. While this product gives me a nice glow in terms of colour, it is not value for money and I won't be repurchasing.
EDIT: I've changed my mind about this! I like it now. I use the Mineral SPF Primer, then this, then the By Terry Touch Expert under my eyes & the Compact Concealer on blemishes, the Creme Blush in Frangipani, Nars Orgasm & the Glossy Lip Tint in Rosita for a pretty, bronzed, glowing look. I think the foundation sits a lot better on me now that I have found the right skin regime for my skin & so now my skin is perfect. If you have flakey skin I would not recommend this. I would repurchase now & I'll add 2 lippies :)

More like a tinted moisturizer, I got this at sephora for 75% off. Great colors for all skin tones from very light to very dark. I am a bit on the oily side and like more of a matte finish so I use a powder over top to reduce shine. Only worth it if you can get it at a discount, otherwise take you regular foundation and mix it with an oil free spf for then same effect.

At first I really loved this product, I thought I had finally found the right foundation that I'd stick with forever. In the beginning, (more than 3 months ago) this foundation went on very smoothly. It evened out my skin tone and made my skin/face glow. It looked very natural and felt like I had nothing on. It's a very light foundation. Yesterday I put it on and I realized I looked a bit orange! I wasn't sure if it was the lighting of my room or the foundation so I went outside with a mirror and I realized the foundation was making me orange! I asked a family member and they agreed. This was terribly disappointing to find out! This foundation is not old and I still have a lot of product left in there. I guess the foundation has oxidized, meaning I can no longer use it. I guess I am still on the search for a nice, sheer foundation.

generally, i like heavier coverage foundations, however there are days when i just want to have even, polished skin, but not too polished. i was hoping this foundation would be perfect for that. and in theory, it is. its sheer enough so that you don't feel really made up, yet provides enough coverage so that you have perfectly even skin without being able to tell you're wearing makeup. it blends in really nicely and evenly and at a relatively fast pace. i wear it in the color sand and it matches me pretty much perfectly, but the coverage is so sheer anyways that it would still probably work even if you get it in a color thats a few shades off. but, it makes me break out horribly! it also smells weird to me. its not a foul smell, it smells like most other foundations, but with this one, it seems to last. like i can smell it on my skin a few hours after i've applied it whereas most other foundations' smells fade right after they're applied. it also leaves a filmy feel on my face. no matter how much or how little or how i apply it, it always leaves this filmy feel. it doesn't feel like my skin, which i find really annoying cuz then it just seems like the makeup is just sitting on top of your skin like a mask rather than melding with your skin. it also wasn't very long lasting, even with a primer and a dusting of loose powder after. i don't really think its worth the $40 price tag. so, even if it didn't make me breakout, i probably wouldn't buy it again because its just not that special.