October 24, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - Becca - Luminous Skin Color sheer foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jennasings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never bought this in the first place (received in a swap), and I'm not sure if I'll buy it again (though I'm saying yes because I'm on the fence). I usually use this as a tinted moisturizer to even out my complexion, then put my primer and MAC MSF Natural over it. It's really sheer, which is nice, and it does a decent job of making my skin look like it's once uniform color. I just don't possess the BECCA love that a lot of MUAers do.

EDIT: Since I've started on Tazorac, and my oily skin has become the Sahara in places, I've started to appreciate this product a lot more. I added one more lippy, and I hope that when my skin gets better, it will replace my normal foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

I love my LSC in Nude. The color makes my whole face bright and glowy and even. but it still looks like my skin. It can look a little oily if you don't use the finishing powder, but its part of an overall sequence, not the end of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 7:40:00 AM More reviews by vintage_fashionista89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in Olive about two months ago. When the MA put it on me, along with a concoction of various Shimmering Skin Perfector colours, it looked amazing, very dewy and pretty, but it didn't last for very long. I have noticed that when I use it, not only does it not last, but it also gets quite patchy on my skin and makes me look oily, rather than dewy. This is strange as I have very dry skin, not oily skin! I emailed the Becca website's MA and she suggested that I use loose powder and a foundation brush, which I already do. While this product gives me a nice glow in terms of colour, it is not value for money and I won't be repurchasing.
EDIT: I've changed my mind about this! I like it now. I use the Mineral SPF Primer, then this, then the By Terry Touch Expert under my eyes & the Compact Concealer on blemishes, the Creme Blush in Frangipani, Nars Orgasm & the Glossy Lip Tint in Rosita for a pretty, bronzed, glowing look. I think the foundation sits a lot better on me now that I have found the right skin regime for my skin & so now my skin is perfect. If you have flakey skin I would not recommend this. I would repurchase now & I'll add 2 lippies :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Dayna77

More like a tinted moisturizer, I got this at sephora for 75% off. Great colors for all skin tones from very light to very dark. I am a bit on the oily side and like more of a matte finish so I use a powder over top to reduce shine. Only worth it if you can get it at a discount, otherwise take you regular foundation and mix it with an oil free spf for then same effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by telegraphs

At first I really loved this product, I thought I had finally found the right foundation that I'd stick with forever. In the beginning, (more than 3 months ago) this foundation went on very smoothly. It evened out my skin tone and made my skin/face glow. It looked very natural and felt like I had nothing on. It's a very light foundation. Yesterday I put it on and I realized I looked a bit orange! I wasn't sure if it was the lighting of my room or the foundation so I went outside with a mirror and I realized the foundation was making me orange! I asked a family member and they agreed. This was terribly disappointing to find out! This foundation is not old and I still have a lot of product left in there. I guess the foundation has oxidized, meaning I can no longer use it. I guess I am still on the search for a nice, sheer foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by fifi_kitten

generally, i like heavier coverage foundations, however there are days when i just want to have even, polished skin, but not too polished. i was hoping this foundation would be perfect for that. and in theory, it is. its sheer enough so that you don't feel really made up, yet provides enough coverage so that you have perfectly even skin without being able to tell you're wearing makeup. it blends in really nicely and evenly and at a relatively fast pace. i wear it in the color sand and it matches me pretty much perfectly, but the coverage is so sheer anyways that it would still probably work even if you get it in a color thats a few shades off. but, it makes me break out horribly! it also smells weird to me. its not a foul smell, it smells like most other foundations, but with this one, it seems to last. like i can smell it on my skin a few hours after i've applied it whereas most other foundations' smells fade right after they're applied. it also leaves a filmy feel on my face. no matter how much or how little or how i apply it, it always leaves this filmy feel. it doesn't feel like my skin, which i find really annoying cuz then it just seems like the makeup is just sitting on top of your skin like a mask rather than melding with your skin. it also wasn't very long lasting, even with a primer and a dusting of loose powder after. i don't really think its worth the $40 price tag. so, even if it didn't make me breakout, i probably wouldn't buy it again because its just not that special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Becca's foundation and concealer. She offers so many shades, there must be one for every skintone. LSC offers even tone, with sheer coverage. I can still see my freckles, but my skin looks glowy and healthy. I have oily skin and don't need a setting powder to make this last. I really like that it comes in a pump dispenser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 7:29:00 AM More reviews by wooster

I really like this foundation, although I'd say it's more of a tinted moisturiser as it gives a really light coverage. I use cashmere which seems to give me a slight glow and kind of covers my redness! I used to try to mask my redness with heavy foundations & powders but I think that LSC is the way to go now. The only problem I have is that I think it is clogging my pores so I may have to start searching for something else.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Dani

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought the LSC in Nude during the Sephora 75% off sale, so I got it for a great price. Even though I like the product a lot, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase at the full price. ****Update, I got LSC in Camel during the 2nd 75% Sephora sale, and it is the *perfect* match for my skin. I am changing my rating from 4 to 5, and will most definitely repurchase.***

The Nude color is a good match for my skin, maybe a teeny bit peachy. But it's so sheer it probably doesn't matter if you get an exact match for not. ****Update, I was wrong, it makes a big difference even it is sheer.****

The coverage is very sheer, so it takes a little effort for it to work on my skin. My skin is generally in good condition, but since LSC only evens out, but not cover, I have to spend a little extra time applying concealer to spots.

The finish is dewy. I prefer a light dusting of powder on top to tone it down slightly. But the finished look of LSC + Concealer + Powder is naturally perfectly -looking skin. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 4:30:00 AM More reviews by star2007

My skin behaves well for the most part, just some scratchy red patches if my skin is flaky and ultra-dry. I walked into Sephora for a tinted moisturizer just to even out my skin tone because at 22, I don't really have a reason for heavy foundation or concealer. I asked the SA for an oil-free tinted moisturizer with SPF and this is what she led me to. She found a good match for me (Nude) but I was hesitant because nowhere did it say it was oil-free, although she insisted that the avocado oil was OK. I don't even know why I believed her, I was originally looking for something under $30!

Anyway, back to the actual review. The color matched really well so I am infinitely happy about that. The only thing I would want is for it to be oil-free and perhaps $5 or more lower in price. I apply with my fingers and only one or two pumps, depending on if I want to cover my forehead or not (only for the SPF). I have combination skin but I don't easily break out horribly in any case so I put this on my oily forehead/nose and try to soak up the future oil with mineral makeup foundation and finishing powder. I almost always use a separate moisturizer before this on my cheeks and chin/jawline area because they are the driest.

I like the packaging because at 1.7 oz, I can still take it on airplanes. It looks like a glass bottle at first glance, but it's more like a flexible plastic that would be really hard to break. There are two caps, one that is more fitted to the nozzle and another for looks, I suppose, but it's very sanitary and hygienic. Since there are rumors about BECCA not being sold at Sephora come this fall, I'm going to be trying the Laura Mercier Oil-Free TMs but until then, I'm quite content with this BECCA one.

Edit: The Nude shade is a tad light for me now, as I've relocated from Boston (cold!) to Los Angeles (I'm apparently getting tanner just driving to work in the morning). I don't usually apply this to my T-zone but will give it another try since I just acquired some pressing powder to keep my oilies at bay.

I tried a sample of Stila's Sheer TM and it felt a lot heavier and more moisturizing than Becca's LSC. Thought it might help as a comparison! continued >>