October 25, 2014 | 1867 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hazel2eyez

Even though it says that it's safe for contact lens wearers, i still felt bothered by them. Because the mascara wears off, it starts to flake off and goes into my eye. My eye gets irritated and it's a horrible feeling! Nearing the end of the day, it smudges a little and it barely holds my curl anymore. I do not recommend this for contact lens wearers!

The upside is that the application is easy, simple for those just starting out and the wand is not as huge as the covergirl lashblast. It's cheap, got it on sale and is available at most drugstores.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by buhbonkerz93

I bought this product due to 'amazing' reviews, but this mascara does not live up to my expections. I personally want my mascaras to have o smudging or flaking and this product gives me major raccoon eyes ;[ This does however, go on quite smoothly. Will not purchase again; i will stick to my lash blast just because its thick formula does not make the product flake or smudge :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by skye354

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was the first mascara i every bought. this gives your lashes great seperation and definition.this also seem to help with length but not volume. you can also apply as many coats as you want with this mascara wihout it clumping. this procduct can hold a curl fairly well. great mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by rainyday479

Covergirl's Lash Exact won't give you sensationally beautiful lashes, but it's a nice, staple everyday mascara that will keep your eyes from looking too bland.

It lengthens and thickens but excessive curling is needed before applying mascara in order to retain shape. It also tends to be a little flaky, so if you put on multiple coats, do them quickly before the previous coat dries, or you'll end up with a spidery, clumpy finish. Overall, it is a nice investment for the money since it lasts throughout the day and is very resistant to water (be generous with your makeup remover!).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this product that is not waterproof. I tried this to see if it would last longer without smudging, however it smudges. Advantages: not sure?? Disadvantages: hard to wash off, even with special tx items that take off mascara, application of product is thin, needs lots of repeated applications to get dark and thick look. Won't buy this again even though I use the non-waterproof version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for years and love it for my lower lashes. When I first tried this on my upper lashes I was not at all impressed. Recently after finally learning a trick on how to apply mascara without the fuss (getting it on the eyelid, clumps on the tips of lashes etc), I gave that trick a try and this mascara worked like a charm! It lengthens, thickens and holds curl like a pro a lot better than my waterproof lash blast :P The wand has always been terrific for my lower lashes at reaching the outer end lashes, this and the application trick getting the inner upper lashes is great! I personally love applying this on the roots of my lashes more making it look thick yet natural. You have to apply this particular formula (waterproof) quick cuz once it dries it will clump. I noticed that this is hard to remove with my old Neutrogena Eye Makeup remover, but with extra virgin olive oil, it comes off better.

I ditched my lash blast for this since I can't do the application trick with its wand, it's just way too bulky! As much as I loved lash blast I love the lash exact more - it holds my pin straight eyelash curls longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff the first few times I used it, but the tube dried out quickly. I bought another thinking that maybe I'd left it open and it happened again. I moved on to something else. I loved the product itself, but the packaging left a bit to be desired. If the tube changes, I'll gladly come back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 12:11:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I've used Lash Blast in the past, and loved that formula. I find myself purchasing new ones constantly, though, so I have to really love a particular mascara to go back to it instead of trying a new one out. On a recent trip to the drugstore, I walked by Lash Exact and remembered how much I enjoyed it, so that's what I brought home.

I didn't realize until I opened the package that I purchased the waterproof version. I'm not a big waterproof fan; I don't like the tackiness that often comes with waterproof versions, and I don't like the difficulty in removing. But Lash Exact Waterproof has changed my prejudice against waterproof mascaras.

The packaging and wand is similar to the non waterproof version. I love the tiny bristles and how it coats every one of my lashes. But what I love about this is the formula - wow! It's slightly drier than the non waterproof, and really, really holds a curl. I wear the Shiseido base under this and that already helps keep the curl, but some mascaras still weigh down my lashes. This doesn't. It lasts all day and doesn't flake, and what's best, it's accessible - it's in every grocery store and drugstore in town. At about $7.50 CDN on average, it's not the cheapest drugstore find, but it's worlds cheaper than my old favorite, DiorShow. They don't have the same impact, however - if you're looking for vavavavoom lashes, this isn't your girl. This will impart a natural, long lash look, and the color (Very Black) is dramatic enough. Thickness you won't get from this, but you'll certainly get that wide-eyed look we all want from our favorite mascaras. Great buy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2009 6:32:00 PM More reviews by tamhuynh99

I don't know if I would buy this product again. It is actually a maybe for me as I am stepping into this world of mascara, which is really new for me. As I hardly wear mascara, but am now trying to wear it everyday. I will definitely want to try other brands like Maybelline, L'oreal and other drugstore brands.

I believe this mascara is cheap compared to brand news such as Lancome and Bourghis (not sure if this is the correct spelling).

I have used this mascara for three days now, and I find it to be relatively okay. The first two days were great. But today, the third day, I started to notice clumps on the wand and as I applied the mascara to my eyelashes, there were large amount of liquid stick between the wand teeth (as I would call it). The mascara just clump together and today is only the third day! I have only bought this mascara for 3 days now, but it is already disappointing me.

I would say it is the formula, the mascara clings together and recreated large amount of clumps on the applicator wand.

Overall, I will continue to use it and see how long this mascara will last for me. It is still very good, but I am disappointed as to how it is already clumpy when I have only used for 3 time only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I wasn't expecting much from this mascara -- Ulta was having a sale on Cover Girl products so I grabbed this on a whim. Anyway, this comes close to usurping my MF 2000 calorie w/p mascara from it's HG status. It separates, lengthens and doesn't flake; however, it DOES tend to smudge after a couple hours if I wear it on my bottom lashes.