November 25, 2014 | 1862 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved the first 2 tubes I got, but the third did NOT deliver. The formulation must have changed somehow because the applicator was the same but the clumping started almost on the second day of the tube being open and it was extremely flaky compared to the first and second tubes.

Nice colors and lasting power at first, the formula changes aren't worth it. The flaking sucked. Nice separation of lashes, nice definition, decent thickening. I really like it when the formula is stable, and I still have 1 good tube that I found and wear it often enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by loudhearted

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Pro: Goes on very smoothly
Cons: Flakes almost immediately, smudges within half an hour, slightly irritates my eyes, does nothing but darken my lashes a little bit. Also has a chemical-y smell (didn't bother me though)

I'm Asian with very heavily hooded eyes (my eyelashes tuck beneath my upper eyelid and when I close my eyes my lashes press flat against my bottom lid) so I am a special case, so take my review with a healthy dash of salt. I definitely didn't like this at all, the risk of raccoon eyes is just too high even for everyday wear. Luckily I got this on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by leoprincess9

This is my favorite mascara. It doesn't clump like all the rest I've tried. It doesn't lengthen though!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by hazel2eyez

Even though it says that it's safe for contact lens wearers, i still felt bothered by them. Because the mascara wears off, it starts to flake off and goes into my eye. My eye gets irritated and it's a horrible feeling! Nearing the end of the day, it smudges a little and it barely holds my curl anymore. I do not recommend this for contact lens wearers!

The upside is that the application is easy, simple for those just starting out and the wand is not as huge as the covergirl lashblast. It's cheap, got it on sale and is available at most drugstores.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by buhbonkerz93

I bought this product due to 'amazing' reviews, but this mascara does not live up to my expections. I personally want my mascaras to have o smudging or flaking and this product gives me major raccoon eyes ;[ This does however, go on quite smoothly. Will not purchase again; i will stick to my lash blast just because its thick formula does not make the product flake or smudge :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by skye354

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was the first mascara i every bought. this gives your lashes great seperation and definition.this also seem to help with length but not volume. you can also apply as many coats as you want with this mascara wihout it clumping. this procduct can hold a curl fairly well. great mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by rainyday479

Covergirl's Lash Exact won't give you sensationally beautiful lashes, but it's a nice, staple everyday mascara that will keep your eyes from looking too bland.

It lengthens and thickens but excessive curling is needed before applying mascara in order to retain shape. It also tends to be a little flaky, so if you put on multiple coats, do them quickly before the previous coat dries, or you'll end up with a spidery, clumpy finish. Overall, it is a nice investment for the money since it lasts throughout the day and is very resistant to water (be generous with your makeup remover!).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this product that is not waterproof. I tried this to see if it would last longer without smudging, however it smudges. Advantages: not sure?? Disadvantages: hard to wash off, even with special tx items that take off mascara, application of product is thin, needs lots of repeated applications to get dark and thick look. Won't buy this again even though I use the non-waterproof version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara for years and love it for my lower lashes. When I first tried this on my upper lashes I was not at all impressed. Recently after finally learning a trick on how to apply mascara without the fuss (getting it on the eyelid, clumps on the tips of lashes etc), I gave that trick a try and this mascara worked like a charm! It lengthens, thickens and holds curl like a pro a lot better than my waterproof lash blast :P The wand has always been terrific for my lower lashes at reaching the outer end lashes, this and the application trick getting the inner upper lashes is great! I personally love applying this on the roots of my lashes more making it look thick yet natural. You have to apply this particular formula (waterproof) quick cuz once it dries it will clump. I noticed that this is hard to remove with my old Neutrogena Eye Makeup remover, but with extra virgin olive oil, it comes off better.

I ditched my lash blast for this since I can't do the application trick with its wand, it's just way too bulky! As much as I loved lash blast I love the lash exact more - it holds my pin straight eyelash curls longer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff the first few times I used it, but the tube dried out quickly. I bought another thinking that maybe I'd left it open and it happened again. I moved on to something else. I loved the product itself, but the packaging left a bit to be desired. If the tube changes, I'll gladly come back.