August 27, 2014 | 1840 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

So I finally bit the bullet and bought the duo set for this. Previously I avoided it because of the cost and purchased a CVS dupe that sucked and then Real techniques. I LOVE RT dupe and after using the BB now, I feel like they are just about one in the same.

I saw no noticeable different in application between the two. BB doesn't feel identical when you squeeze it, it's more bouncy. RT take a second or two to fully form again. BB is a slightly different shape and a tiny bit smaller. RT has a slant on it that I prefer for more precise application, but it's not a deal breaker.

BOTH are exceptional sponges and changed the way I use makeup. I will never go back to brushes again. These have renewed some love with foundations I skipped before because I could not get the application right on my face with the brushes. It just blends it all out like skin and looks airbrushed.

I hope this info helps because I was really trying to find the differences between the two before I broke down and bought the BB finally. No real difference and the RT is $5.99. If you do splurge like I did, go for the BB Duo instead of buying it single. It comes out cheaper in the long run. I paid $26.99 for two. One is 19.99.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was apprehensive about spending 20 on a sponge,

...but...

I seriously don't know how I lived without this in my life. It applies liquid foundation (never used it with powder, prefer a brush for that) flawlessly. It is seriously amazing and has cut my foundation/concealer application time in half and I use way less product. I love the smaller side for smaller areas like on the inside of the eyes and corners of the nose and the larger part for the whole face.

It's super easy to clean, and you do not have to buy their special brush cleaner, a mild/gentle soap will do. I use my johnson's baby shampoo and it cleans it great. Some foundations will stain it and they are impossible to get out, but that's not a huge deal to me, as long as it actually comes clean, which is does.

I highly recommend this product and cannot say enough good things about it. I will definitely be repurchasing this again when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you've been curious and really want to know...YES, this is worth it. In the grand scheme of things, $27 isn't super expensive, but when you realize you're dropping that much on a sponge, you start to feel like maybe this is all a little excessive. But trust me, it's not.

The Beauty Blender is completely unmatchable, no knockoffs have the same texture or bounce. When dampened and used in a press-and-roll motion, the Beauty Blender will completely smooth out the TEXTURE of your makeup without taking away the COVERAGE. This means you can use fuller-coverage foundations without the fear of them looking cakey or overdone. The Beauty Blender is also awesome for applying concealer and cream blushes/bronzers. I also like to use one to blend out powder blushes/highlights/bronzers after they've been placed with a brush.

I can usually make one of these stretch half a year with daily cleaning (the solid Beauty Blender cleanser is the bomb, and works well on regular brushes!!) and proper storage, and makes my foundations look so good that $60 a year doesn't seem so bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this sponge....works great! Makeup looks flawless! Which i would hadn't purchased it sooner! Kind of expensive...but worth it in the end....you won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Extraordinary! Who would think a sponge could be unique? Well, this one is. When this first came out, I thought, "Who in their right mind would pay $$$$ for a SPONGE?" I kept hearing about this one, though, so I bought several brands of "imitation beautyblenders" (Sephora, Camera Ready, IT Cosmetics, Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, Studio Basics, Stila, and probably others). Observing Beautyblender having remained popular (and clearly, unmatched) for years, and noticing that people are quite willing to pay $$$$ for it, eventually clued me in to the fact that this is a special sponge.

After one use I slapped myself upside the head for waiting so long to buy this. I'm certain I spent 10x the cost of one Beautyblender on those numerous knock-off that would up getting tossed away.

SO much has been said about how this sponge works, etc., that I won't bother with those details. I just want to emphasize that this really is an amazing product and I look like I've had makeup professionally applied every single day!

I wash my sponge right after use, so it stays pink and pretty. I tried one of the white ones, but it looked dirty too quickly and I couldn't get all the foundation out of it. The pink ones stay fresh-looking for months. Beautyblender's liquid cleaner is useless for removing my makeup (maybe because I usually wear Face & Body makeup?) but Beautyblender's solid cleaner works like magic.

All in all, this sponge isn't as expensive as it seems because it can be used to apply any kind of makeup. Plus, it outlasts by 4 or 5 times the cheaper makeup sponges. I wash my sponges after each use, and they always stay bright pink and they don't stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Missylou80

This product wasn't bad. But IT IS WAY TO GOSH DARN F***ING EXPENSIVE!! I paid $27 for a damn egg shaped sponge. A SPONGE!!! I know, I sound crazy, paying that much for a damn makeup sponge. But alas, I did. It wasn't a bad sponge, I quite enjoy it. But I don't need it to complete my life. I found a similar looking makeup sponge at the drugstore that I will be purchasing from now on because I don't want to go bankrupt over a damn little egg shaped sponge. But if you own a house in Beverly Hills and own 6 Mercedes, then you can continue buying and using this sponge.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by verkkis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had such high expectations for this product after seeing all the YouTube-clips and reading the good reviews, so when I finally purchased the product, I got really disappointed. I really did not notice any difference to other sponges. At least for me it did not work at all. I will therefore keep using a brush ;) only way to get a beautiful base!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

I never thought I would spend $20 on a little sponge. But omgsh it is so worth it! It does not soak up your products it, it feels so good on your face (esp early mornings) and it blends beautifully. I have always used a dense kabuki brush for my liquid foundation and it would leave streaks with the beauty blender you will not have that problem. It's deff a sheer to medium coverage application but I'm sure you can build it up with your foundation. I honestly would recommend it. YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR COLLECTION!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I was very skeptical paying 20 bucks for this, but it has changed the way I apply foundation and makes it a beautiful finish with no streaks. I use the pointed end for concealer. I will occasionally see people not DAMPENING it before use. Make sure you do that it will make a world of difference. Buy this:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The pink sponge is HEAVEN SENT! It's true! I hated how foundation looked on my face no matter how I applied it. Sponge, wedge, brush, fingers you name it, it didn't work for me. There's no other way to put it other than it applied foundation beautifully. It's worth the price and no you won't be disappointed. Just look at all these glowing reviews!