September 23, 2014 | 1833 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by VMV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It is easy to apply foundation with this sponge. However it takes much more time than with my Sigma f80 brush. Also this is hard to get clean and it is not really a long lasting product. My sponge leaves a lot of color when washing it. For this price I will not repurchase. I heard that Real techniques has a good alternative so I will try that one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Never touched a foundation brush after purchasing this amazing sponge. I find that when using foundation brushes, lines of the brush are still visible and you can just tell that a brush was used to apply your foundation. Using a beauty blender not only gets rid of this, it blends extremely easily, is moist (you wet it before application), and it gives a completely natural finish.
This sponge is definitely worth the hype and I don't think I will ever buy a foundation brush again. The original beauty blender all the way!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by vcpham

Just like everyone else it also took me awhile to finally cave in and buy this product. The price is pretty high considering you're buying a sponge. But this is worth it! It does miracles for my under eye concealer and it gives a really nice finish to the skin. You can make it sheer and natural or build your foundation up to a flawless finish with the beauty blender. I love this sponge and everyone should definitely try it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

This is such a miracle product! It took me a long time to finally purchase one because who in their right mind would spend this much on a sponge. But my curiosity got the better of me because I would always see makeup artists and celebrities recommending this tool for applying makeup.
The first time I used it I immediately fell in love. It helps my undereye concealer not to become cakey. It also gives my base makeup a natural finish. I really love the fact that it gives a sheer and natural finish to my makeup. It's so convenient to use when placing makeup in the grooves of my face (undereyes, nose edges and mouth corners). Another thing I love is that it's so much faster to apply makeup compared to makeup brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lisa1991

This sponge is just amazing! I was hesitating to buy it because I thought it cost alot of money (about 15 euros) and I didnt believe it was worth the money. After trying some BB dupes I decided to buy it anyway. I did not purchase the cleanser because you can easily clean it with babyshampoo.

The first time using the BB I noticed that I had to use more foundation to get good coverage. So now I apply my foundation with the Real Techniques Expert face brush which is amazing aswell. I use the beautyblender to set my under-eye concealer. It has made my makeup look alot more flawless and I just love it.

I would definetly buy the BB again I just love it and recommend it to everyone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly think it was unjust to buy a ridiculously overhyped makeup sponge for such a high price, but it was a good purchase nonetheless. I have the black ones (duo set) because I think pink is too girly for my liking and black is actually easier to wash since I can actually see if the sponge is clean or not.

The BAs were constantly coaxing me to buy the liquid cleanser as well, but I was not buying it just because I simply think baby shampoo could wash my brushes, so could this sponge. It is a lot more difficult to clean, but I rather take the effort and do some hand squeezes on the sponge than buying a ridiculously expensive cleanser for a sponge.

To people who said that this sponge don't absorb products, you are bullshitting just because it still does absorb but not excessively. I mean, I love it because it thins out my foundation when I want the "no make up" make up look. It keeps the foundation looking natural but I definitely do use a little more product than usual and I dabbed the product on with my fingers instead of the sponge and it still does absorb quite a bit of product.

I definitely agree with a few reviewers that this sponge does make my makeup regime a little longer than what I can do with brushes but the result is totally worth it. It's because how beautiful the foundation will turn out with using the sponge.

I simply have not understand why people had not used this damp? I always used it damp, just because it expands and providing better coverage.

Honestly, I still find it slightly unnecessary especially if you don't like your tools to consume products as quickly, but I love the sponge no matter just because the end results of the tool gives.

I honestly don't think I need to repurchase any time soon, but I would if I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hg status. I bought this last year after hearing all the hype on YouTube. I can't believe I used those little white makeup sponges!!! I have 2 beauty blenders, one for a backup. The one I use daily has developed little tears and I'm not sure if it's from getting wet and expanding so much, or if that is normal for this product. I use loreal true match foundation and nyx hd photogenic concealer both of which are flawless in a flash. I clean mine once a week with olive oil and dish soap. I just don't like buying "specifically made for this" kind of cleaners when I can use things around my home! I think some people are unsure of how to use this correctly and I have seen people use it dry. To get maximum power from this, USE IT DAMP!! I will buy forever and ever and will be very sad if I have to go back to not beauty blender sponges :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Northstar5

Love this and the white one (Pure), and I just want to say I found the perfect way to clean it. My white one was getting full of makeup stains that I could not get out even after one single use. So I finally decided to try a facial cleansing oil, and oh wow, it will make it PERFECTLY clean, looking like new. My Pure beauty blender has gone from brown from foundation to looking brand new.

It was also a good test of cleansing oils. At home I have Clinique TTDO oil, Josie Maran argan oil cleanser, DHC, and Softymo. Softymo did not get rid of it that well, but TTDO, DHC and Josie Maran really did. The Clinique worked the best. Just massage if into your beautyblender either right after using it or later that day when it's dry, massage it in, emulsify with water, rinse rinse rinse, and finish off with any decent foaming cleanser (free of fragrance or alcohol preferably, just like for your face!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few sponges but for some reason I just had to get THE Beauty Blender. I do love the airbrush finish it gives, Although, the sponge itself soaks up most of my foundation. I found that I had to use more pumps of my smashbox halo foundation compared to the sponge I was using. I think the sponge is ideal for thicker foundation. I really do love the way it applies my foundation I just hate how much product I have to use. 20$ is a little pricey for a sponge to me but it does do the job very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

So I finally bit the bullet and bought the duo set for this. Previously I avoided it because of the cost and purchased a CVS dupe that sucked and then Real techniques. I LOVE RT dupe and after using the BB now, I feel like they are just about one in the same.

I saw no noticeable different in application between the two. BB doesn't feel identical when you squeeze it, it's more bouncy. RT take a second or two to fully form again. BB is a slightly different shape and a tiny bit smaller. RT has a slant on it that I prefer for more precise application, but it's not a deal breaker.

BOTH are exceptional sponges and changed the way I use makeup. I will never go back to brushes again. These have renewed some love with foundations I skipped before because I could not get the application right on my face with the brushes. It just blends it all out like skin and looks airbrushed.

I hope this info helps because I was really trying to find the differences between the two before I broke down and bought the BB finally. No real difference and the RT is $5.99. If you do splurge like I did, go for the BB Duo instead of buying it single. It comes out cheaper in the long run. I paid $26.99 for two. One is 19.99.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No