Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap

3.7

Not tested on animals

Saponified Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid (a natural pH balance)

on 2/18/2007 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

All of these soaps are fabulous, and I particularly love the olive oil one. It's moisturizing, doesn't have a ton of additives, and smells wonderful.

on 2/4/2007 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I'm unsure about this product. It's really cheap and the natural packaging is cute. There's no crazy additives, and it's a really pure soap, but I noticed when I was using it that it became a little stringy as I was massaging it on my face, now this could be my fault too, but I thought I should write something. It's great as a basic olive oil soap, but it didn't really blow me away, I'll keep looking.

on 2/4/2007 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I had to write a review for this soap. I have been using this on the down low because I'm a loyal fan of Neutrogena Acne wash. My skin has become quite dry and unbalanced due to Tretinoin cream use and for some reason, the Dove soap was just blah...wasn't really cleaning and was making my face slimy. I have tried several other bars - Cetaphil, Basis, and Purpose, and the KMS Olive Oil soap is by far the *best* of them all. Why? It has calmed my skin down considerably. My pores have shrunk, my clogged pores are gone and I have not broken out from this at all. I love the clean, pure, earthy/crunchy smell. Makes me feel like I'm at my grandma's house! Although this soap is slightly more expensive than other bars, I still find it cheaper than other cleansers I've tried.
I really really love this. This in combination with Tretinoin cream (retin A) have really helped me calm my skin. I'm going to keep my Neutrogena Acne Wash on rotation and I am going to include a cleansing oil in my routine to wipe makeup off.
By the way, my grandma and antie use this soap and Pears and they both have great skin. My grandma in this photo is 76!
continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I liked it at first and didn't mind the smell. After about two weeks it dried my skin out beyond all belief. So I switched to Cetaphil to fix the prob...I wish it would have been better fo me though

on 1/5/2007 1:43:00 PM

I began using this soap on my face a few months ago, it cleared up the dry patches I had been getting, and no more adult acne (I'll be 36 this month). I couldn't be happier, having found this soap here at MUA. The best thing is that my local grocery store has started carrying natural products so I don't have to drive 40 miles to get this!

Yay KMF! Another fantastic product, Moisture Shave has been a favorite of mine for years now.

I love this soap. If you are a fan of using natural products and you haven't discovered this soap yet, definitely give it a try. I feel clean and soft after using this soap. I just started using this bar but I have a feeling it will help clear up some ance on my back. Will update in a week, but for now, 5 lippies!

on 9/23/2006 5:45:00 PM

I have used this soap for a few years and I keep it around as a staple skin care soap. It's nothing to write home about as far as looks/scent/packaging, but overall the results are what keep me coming back to use this soap.

I have combination skin that also is acne prone, but this soap keeps my skin in balance especially in winter months that can dry out your skin. I have to admit I am a LOYAL DHC fan and most of my skin care is from the DHC catalog, however when I tried the DHC soap.....I liked Kiss My Face Olive oil soap, and it was about 1/10th of the cost!

I currently alternate between DHC's Mild Soap and KMF Olive Oil Soap just to keep on top of my "high-maintenance" skin, but I would definately recommend giving KMF soap a try!! It's easy to find in a health food store or even a grocery store, and the cost is so inexpensive...you have nothing to loose.

The bar is pretty big, and I like to cut mine in half for easier use...but that's just me. :-)

on 9/2/2006 5:40:00 PM

Oh me, oh my -- this soap has been a saving grace for my sensitive skin, however the smell is just awful. It's a tough item to judge because after trying all kinds of face soap (drugstore and department store brands) I feel as if I have finally found the one item that does nothing but good things and I can actually see an improvement in my skin ... but again, the smell. I am trying really hard to get used to it, but it's taking time!

on 8/2/2006 3:32:00 PM

This is a pretty plain-looking bar of soap, with a not-great smell (very plain "soap" smell), and a dark green color. It's not something you would want to use as a guest soap for your bathroom, or what have you. There are no big impressive claims on the packaging, and a 4 oz bar only costs two bucks.

Why am I so hooked on it?

Since I have been using this on my face for the past two weeks, my skin has never looked better. Ever. I've had zero breakouts, and my usually-combo skin has a wonderful glow. I started using it on my back (as I sometimes get breakouts there during the summer heat), and damned if my back doesn't look great, too! My skin looks and feels really clean, and yet not overstripped of moisture. Even my pores look smaller, and I'm not having to use as much powder and makeup in the morning. I cannot get over how great this simple soap works on my skin.

So - two bucks, great skin. How cool is that? continued >>

on 8/2/2006 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Product: Olive Oil soap, 4oz bar

Price: 2; $2.29/bar

Packaging: 3; It's minimal paper packaging which is nice for the environment, plus less work for me getting it OUT of the packaging

Overall: 5

Buy again: yes

I tried the Olive and Aloe bar soap by KMF 2 years ago, but it didn't work nearly as well as this one, for some odd reason. I had used the 8 oz (HUGE) bar, so it was very difficult to handle and no matter how I tried, I could never get the bar to lather. Worst of all, it made my skin super dried out.

So, obviously I had a little doubt with the Olive oil bar, but I was having a hard time with my skin lately, with it breaking out more than it usually does, so I figured I'd try my luck with this. I'm glad I did! First of all, the smell: I don't know about you guys, but I actually like the smell. When I had the Olive and Aloe bar, I was totally in love with it's earthy, buttery scent. The Olive oil bar is slightly different, but it smells very much the same. Once you get the bar wet, it starts to "melt" in you hand, so be careful about that; but it lathers very nicely! I used it all over; face and body, and even to shave with; it seems to do it all. It gave me a nice, close shave and my skin isn't left dry and parched like with shave creams.

My face seems to like this more than the olive + aloe soap; while my skin was a little tight when I towelled off, it wasn't such that it was peeling; it just had a "taut" feeling, but my skin was perfectly able to move without causing dry patches anywhere. My skin was left smooth and supple, and the scent is more refreshing to me than those overkill deodorant soaps. I'd definitely buy this again.

Edit June 30, 2007: I don't use this unless it's particularly humid/warm, because I found this to be drying my skin again... I only use it once in a while on my face, but it's great for washing hands! I'm a frequent hand washer, so my hands get dried out really quickly. This helps to prevent them from drying out as much. continued >>