December 18, 2014 | 1021 users online

Concealers - Sheer Cover - Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 8:05:00 AM More reviews by kermie70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am amazed with all the negative reviews. Maybe I have had success because I have dry skin, and light skin. I moisturize, and then use the brush to put the light/medium concealer on. It covers all of my redness and I look like I have great skin. My best friend came over and I ran in to put makeup on. When I came out, she said "Wow, your skin looks great. What did you do?" I've even got comments from makeup artists on how nice my skin looks. I have rosacea, so without it I am bright red. It is the one item I can't live without from Sheer Cover.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by suey421

I like Sheer Cover's foundation but this concealer sucks. I gave it a 2 because its nice to have two colors to blend and match your skin tone and its doesnt cause any harm to my skin but there are better products out there. I find this concealer doesnt do the job its supposed to, it doesnt really conceal anything. When you first put it on it is not always easy to get it to cover up the slightest imperfection and if you are lucky to have it cover, the second you use the foundation its wiped away and you are left right where you started. They really need to improve the holding power of this product. Also, even with the two tones, I have a hard time blending it to match my skin. This is far from the best concealer out there. If you are thinking of buying this, keep looking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kimberpoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this tiny concealer, but it is definitly not worth the $. It is a good match for my skin tone but it looks baaaaaaaaaad under my eyes. Not too aful for covering blemishes, but...ewwwwwwwwww do not try this under your eyes. it goes on unvevenly and settles into lines. it also does not dry at all.....it stays sticky and gooey all day. if you try to set it with the sheer cover powder, watch out!!!! it will give you the worst caked-on concealer look ever! so, if you want to cover any red spots it isn't aful (though there are definitly better concealers out there!) but keep it far far far away from your eyes....

p.s. I did try this without moisturizer underneath and then tried a few different moisturizers...none made any difference in the application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Myfugitive

The starter kit of Sheer Cover includes this concealer, and while it is a MOTHER to open the little compact it comes in, it is a very good product and covers what I need covered very well. it blends very easily, and matches my skin tone very close. I have the occasional zit and I have slight shadows at times in the inner corners of my eye, nothing major, and this covers beautifully. They have started selling SC at Target now I will repurchase. I just wish they'd work on the container and make it easier to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 5:54:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a conealer that will cover my dark circles. I saw the infomercial but don't really want to use the Sheercover Minerals because they contain Bismuth (like BE). I swapped for this concealer in Light Med and the light one is PERFECT. I love it.Finally! I can use it with my Signature Minerals I use my BE concealer brush. Let the concealer dry a bit, then use my signature minerals foundation.

One of the problems I had with BE is that I hated pics of me wearing it. It looked shiney and I still had the dark circles. The BE concealer just didn't cover and building it up made it look strange.

I wore this concealer last night to my son's Birthday party and my skin looked awesome in the pics!

I also use it with my Studio Tech foundation. But I'm just glad something covered my circles!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by rocoloca

I am a Bare Minerals Gal-- but a Sunday morning informercial had me wondering (mostly because I wanted that "on the go" brush--NOT worth it).... So I tried the whole set (I will likely review the foundation separately) and I have to say that I am pleased with the results of the concealer. I have fair Irish skin-- and can find the perfect color with the concealer set-- and overall I think it covers better than *just* the minerals can. With that said, the packaging is terrible and I nearly break a nail every time I try to open it-- and I use concealer only when I truly *need* it, so while I would consider buying again-- I imagine this will last me a while and I will likely use the Shiseido spot concealer that is much more appropriate for a purse when needed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I fell into the info-mercial trap a few weeks ago and in my feeble attempt to look like Alyssa Milano, I ordered the starter kit (the foundation and brushes that came with the kit I will review separately). It was about $38.

I have really really dark under-eye circles and deep set eyes which are my biggest problem areas. I don't plan on using this concealor as a spot acne coverup. I've applied with both my finger and the little concealor brush that comes with it - which really grabs onto a lot of the product, you just have to lightly touch the concealor for it to adhere to the brush or your finger!

I prefer my finger to apply just b/c I feel like it melts into my skin better but for special occasions or when I have a lot of time, I've used the brush which also works well. And I just love this concealor and it will last a pretty long time with the amount they give you! I think the dual container is one of the best, most natural looking, most blendable that I have tried.

My skin is a tad dry around the inner corner of my eye, so I have found that this will cake up around there if I put too much on. I also found that it will look flakey when too much eye shadow gets around that area.

I cancelled my auto-ship b/c not only do I HATE that concept, but I really don't want to continue with being forced to buy the other products on a regular basis. I do honestly like some of the brushes though and use them daily. I also like the mascara that came with the kit. BUT I truly prefer BE for Mineral MU - I'm going to try Everyday Minerals too - just to compare. I would consider re-purchasing this concealor if I ever run out, which I probably won't for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by flamencovixen

I love this concealer! I use the concealer for my undereye area. The pot comes with two shades, one light, the other medium.

I have problems with using thicky, emollient concealers underneath my eyes because they tend to settle in what few fine lines I have. What I love about this concealer is that it's creamy yet sheer and doesn't settle in my fine lines.

The only negative is that it doesn't last long but that's fine with me. .

This concealer doesn't work as a a spot concealer to cover my old acne scars because it doesn't last long.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by cutesinboots

Good concealer, it covers my dark circles well. The problem I have with it is, that it comes off pretty easily when I try to blend or put foundation on top of it. So I would suggest letting it dry a bit before you blend. Also use a small concealer brush when applying.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2007 4:13:00 PM More reviews by BlondeBond

While I love the Sheer Cover Mineral Foundation, I really didn't care for the concealer. It had a creamy consistency; However, it didn't sufficiently conceal. In addition, the packaging was terrible and it was difficult to open. I won't be purchasing this again.