August 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SuMmErBaBi7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overrated. I have the body cream. Had it not been given to me as a gift, I would not have purchased it. It is an overall good moisturizer but the price is astronomical for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a CDL user for years. I also have tried a whole lot of other brands, even argan oil, trying to look for a cheaper alternative or a cream that works better but I always come back to this and swear on this. I just can see the difference it makes on my skin that nothing else has delivered the moment i go back to it after straying from it for months. It gives my skin a very flattering glow, a rosy and healthy glow, my pores are non-existent, my complexion even toned, plumped and moisturized. My foundation goes on my skin a lot better, and looks better. I actually use less foundation cause i like my natural skin to show through. Yes it is very expensive to maintain but you need a little for your whole face so it will last you for many months.I scoop a small amount then put it on my palm then rub both my hands together to soften it and spread and massage it all over my face. A lot of people have been saying that the price cannot be justified cause the ingredients are cheap but for me, IT SIMPLY WORKS. I am not a scientist, dermatologist or an expert, I just trust it based on the effects and the difference I see on my skin for years. I can use a cheap makeup remover, face wash, toner and don't even need to add a serum but I won't give this one up. I use it nightly as my end of the day treat. I use a moisturizer with an SPF in the day. I have combination oily skin and it worked fine and didn't break me out.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kyl101

I have sensitive and dehydrated skin. This cream is very gentle . After start using it, my skin has became softer and hydrated. Although it is thick and rich, it didn't break me out. I love this product so much but it is way too expensive.I would recommend this to people who have dry, sensitive, or mature skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Straighttalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me give you a bit of a history of LaMer. This coveted cream was created in the 70s by a scientist who had a project to go wrong and disfigured his face, and after realizing that in that time living in the 70s there weren't as many options like today that could improve his burned skin he decided to try to make something that would help himself. After over 10 years of formulations he created what is known today as Creme De Lamer. If you look at the ingredients there truly isn't anything at all that is advanced compared to the things we have today. The creator Max Huber was let's say a bit New Age and believed in the energy all around and believed that Sea Kelp harvested at certain times in the sea had stronger energies than others. And to this day they only harvest the kelp at certain times. The kelp is truly the "main ingredient". But since the creation of this product in the 70's have had so many more advances in skincare,research,and skincare. The formula hasn't changed since the 70s. The original Creme is a very heavy rich cream that you have to warm between your hands before use. It sits on top of the skin instead of penetrating deep below. Mineral Oil is near the top of ingredients and is one of the least expensive oils to use in skincare. I don't believe you will see any AMAZING results from this cream if you have significant concerns of aging. But if your just looking for a extremely rich hydrating cream give its shot. But I would try something much more advanced.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by janellmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

La Mer products seem to get a lot of negative feedback due to their high price tag. Also, most of the negative reviews are from people who tried a sample, which is not an adequate amount to write a review. I am a part time waitress and a student so $150 for 1 oz. is not necessarily reasonable for my income. I love this moisturizer so much that I am willing to spend the money.

I am a 20 year old Greek girl with dry skin. In the winter time my skin gets extremely dry. I have been using Creme De La Mer for 2 years now and I love it! My skin is softer, my pores are smaller, and the fine lines under my eyes are almost completely gone. I have never found a moisturizer that works as well as Creme De La Mer.

My only complaint is that my skin is so dry that it seems like I need more than most people. After reading other reviews and talking to friends I hear that 1 oz. is supposed to last 4-6 months. I go through 1 oz. in 2 months. The lotion is very thick but my dry skin absorbs it so fast. I still feel that I am not warming it up with my finger tips right because I use so much of it but its well worth it!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

There's nothing like it. I almost feel like I have to defend this product, which is crazy because it's so good and nothing else does what it does. But people make a lot of snide comments about Creme de la Mer! Yes it's super-expensive but there's a reason why. No this is not just souped-up Nivea Cream. Not only does this provide extreme moisture, it provides extreme HEALING. Anytime there's something going on with my skin (blemish, irritation, anything) that I need to erase I know I can count on this and nothing else. It makes my skin plump, hydrated, glowing, and healthy.
I've searched and searched for a cheaper alternative and there just isn't one- this is the stuff! I have been using this off and on for years, and I'll always come back to Creme de la Mer.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by BriddaBella

I was going to buy this product because I have dry skin and especially during winter time I need to make sure that I take extra care of my skin. Since I read lots of good reviews about it I went to La Mer and get a sample and the woman actually gave me a generous amount which lasted 2 weeks. First of all this cream has a thick consistency and you have to take a little bit and rub it between your fingers to warm it up and break it down a little so that it is more easily absorbed by your skin. I applied it on my face and it takes a while to absorb which I don't mind but I don't think I can use it as a day moisturiser under my makeup because it does stay on your skin and makes it a little sticky which makes it difficult to blend your foundation. So I only used the cream at night but in the morning I didn't see any difference to my skin which was disappointing considering it was supposed to help repair the skin, which it didn't do.

Alternative products: Cetaphil Moisturising Cream or Eucerin AQUAporin

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

Creme de la Mer is incredibly rich, so I use it only on dry patches (I have combination skin). For me, it does a really good job taking care of dry spots without causing any breakouts. Also, I don't find this cream to be greasy at all, although I don't use it all over my face.

I rated it a 4 instead of 5 for 2 reasons: (1) The price. I really love this cream, but it is incredibly expensive. (2) It doesn't really do what it claims: "In a short time, firmness improves, lines, wrinkles and the look of pores become less visible, skin looks virtually ageless. Even the driest complexions are renewed and rejuvenated." For me, it took care of any dryness. However, my pores don't look any different. (I can't speak to its effectiveness with lines and wrinkles).

Overall: Great cream to take care of dry skin for those willing to spend the money.

Alternatives: This is my favorite face lotion.

Other Brand Recommendations: The Moisturizing Gel Cream is a nice alternative for those who don't like the richness of Creme de la Mer.

Value: Not great. I use this product very sparingly, so the 1oz tub does last me almost a year. However, it's really expensive and rarely discounted.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by elliotx

This is a great moisturizer that does all the things a good moisturizer should do without causing breakouts or greasiness. It's impressive how little you need to stay hydrated all day. I also found it slightly calming, which in my book is huge because practically everything irritates me. I'll repurchase throughout the winter, because frankly, it's the best moisturizer I've personally tried and I'm in no mood to experiment with cheaper products on the quest for my HG.
Can't give it a 5 because yeeeaahh..it IS overpriced. Just is. This stuff is no miracle that will transform your skin, but it is an excellent moisturizer, and that's all it's really supposed to do.
I'd say it's definitely worth a try if you're curious, and you can always get a sample that should last a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kycouture94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is SUPER pricey- but worth it. A little goes a long way, so you won't run out of it quickly. I had a MASSIVE burn on my face from leaving toothpaste on a zit all night (BAD IDEA!!) and within 2 days, I noticed a huge difference in the healing process of my burn. The smallest jar that they offer is $150, and the next size up is $275. This will definitely be a product that I'll use throughout my life.