April 17, 2014 | 937 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hufs

This product is a joke.
I am supposed to take a pea size amount and warm it up using my fingertips. By the time I have melted the product there is nothing for my face. I have used many high end creams but this one is really not anywhere near La prairie, Sisley or cle du pau.
But I admit I do have really soft fingertips. :)

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first tried La Mer when I was 15 after reading too many celebrity magazines! I saved,saved (and saved a little more!) and purchased the 30ml jar. After finishing the jar I noticed no difference what so ever but now I understand that this was because my skin was perfect then! It wasn't until I tried it again now (I am 21) that I have experienced the wonderful transformation that it promises. When I was around 17 I developed horrible cystic acne which eventually calmed down (but not completely until I tried Roaccutane) I was left with significant "rolling scars" which are tiny indentations that make the skin look very uneven in terms of texture. Thankfully I have worked for the Estee Lauder Companies for a number of years now so I do manage to pick this up at a discounted price but even if I had to pay full price I would as this creme has transformed my skin these days. Scars are disappearing as I use it,my skin feels soft,plump and soothed and people actually compliment me on my skin (I have never had compliments on my skin before). If you are experiencing skin issues and want something that will make a difference please try La Mer you will not regret it! If you have perfect skin (lucky you) at best this will be a good moisturiser for you but you will not see the transformational benefits like those that have had and do have skin issues.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Lotus5

I have used this product for about two years. Although I don't think it's a "miracle" (for me anyway), it is my go to moisturizer for the harsh New England winter months. My skin dries out quickly in the winter and this cream keeps it well hydrated without being oily (if I use it in the summer I break out, so it is definitely only a winter cream for my skin). You really need to warm it up to be able to pat it into your skin, but it doesn't take that long. If you are worried about the price, go to a counter and see if they will give you a sample to try out before you spend the money. Everyone's skin is different, my advice is go and talk to one of the La Mer sales people, they are super knowledgeable and are really there to help.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by huntingjanuary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes, it's super expensive. We get it. I think a product can't be judged by price alone if you don't understand what exactly you're getting. You're getting 5 years off your skin every year you use this product. Don't hate a product because it's pricey. Hate it because it doesn't work, hate it because it's overhyped. I won't ever turn my back on La Mer and I've tried plenty of moisturisers. My mum and sister swears by them, and judging by the many compliments they get of looking younger than their age? I think I know who they should thank.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This another product that falls in the catagory of my biggest pet peeves, products that get bad reviews based on price alone.
First of all this product is hardly what could be called overly expensive. The price is nowhere near many of the other leading industry products that I have and do use. When you are reading the reviews on this, as well as many other high end products, you will see several comments about the price. The reveiw should be on the product alone. Then you have several reviews by people that have never even purchased it and are basing the review on samples and openly admit thay would never spent this amount of money on a face cream. Really, come on, you cannot review a product off of a sample. Face products almost always have an accumalitive effect, you must use it daily to get results. Samples are for the simple purpose of letting a potential customer get an idea of texture, consistancy etc and to be sure you are not going to have an allergic reaction soon after applying. I feel that this is another example of a product getting unfair ratings. Ladies, this nor any other face cream is a miracle in a jar. With higher end products you are getting a product made with better quality ingrediants and made by a larger name company that backs their products and usually provides better cs. Thats what you are paying for. Dont expect an instant face lift. Ive said it time and time again, dont buy products out of your price range, you are asking for disappiontment when they dont perform miracles.
Anyway, rant over, on to the review.
This really is a great moisturizer. Nothing compares for adding moisture to my face. It is very thick and may be too much for aomeone with oily or acne prone skin, but if you have dry skin, this stuff is great. I have normal skin, sometimes dry, depending on weather, products I have been using etc. I do not use this every day, just when I need extra moisture. It is my go to product for the week after doing a facial peel. I like all of the LM products. I also use the eye balm, I personally like it better than the cream. I love the hand cream, it stays in my hand bag year round. I will continue to purchase LM products.

17 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by jennster517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to generally write reviews about products but this definitely deserves a review. The reason is that I'm already seeing and noticing results.

I am in my late 20's and have tried numerous face creams and moisturizers. I can say that by far that this is the best that I have used. The reason is because I am actually feeling and noticing a difference. For the past 9 months, I been experiencing dry flakes on my forehead and only my forehead area. I'm not sure if its due to hormonal changes but nothing seems help. I exfoliate, I use the clarisonic and am currently on the SK-II skincare regimen. Although I love the SK-II skincare line, their moisturizers are not strong enough or rich enough for my skin. I still have some of their face creams and although they are very nice, it didn't do anything for the dry flakes on my forehead. This is the only thing I've encountered so far that is actually doing noticeable and positive changes to my skin so hence this review.

I tried this face cream out when I was 25 but at that time I didn't seem to really notice anything spectacular and it was probably because my skin didn't really need hydration because it was already hydrated so I never re-purchased. But, now that my skin is changing and actually needs hydration, I decided to give this "miracle cream" another go.

I have been using it for 2 days and I am constantly feeling how soft my face is. It feels soft and smooth. The crazy this is, my face stays smooth and soft the whole day which I can't remember it staying moisturized since forever.

I would say that if you are concerned about hydration and want something you want to see and feel a difference, then this is definitely a good investment. I say investment because I believe that skincare is an investment and a darn good one.

It's pricey but from what I remember from years ago, it lasts a LONG time. You only need a pea size and you rub it between your palms and pat it onto your face. Not rub but pat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by AmyLynn2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

About a year ago I started using the La Mer skin care line. I first started out by just purchasing the Creme de La Mer moisturizing gel creme. After only 2 days of using this product, my skin looked AMAZING! My husband was so impressed that he started using the gel creme as well. My husband has had issues with his skin in the past. Right out of high school he almost had to be put on acutane to control his skin breakouts. Luckily, the dermatologist was able to control his break outs with an oral Rx as well as the Rx gel called Veltin. However, after he started using my La Mer, in about 5 days, his face was COMPLETELY clear! He was so happy and had stated that he can't remember if he had ever seen his face without some kind of a breakout. Lets just say he has been hooked ever since. I now buy the entire line. I LOVE the foaming face wash. I also love the regenerating serum and the eye concentrate. I am 26 years old, I am so happy to have found this skin care line before I started to show the aging process! I get compliments all the time on how young and youthful I look! The other day I got carded when purchasing a lighter! I noticed someone had written a review stating that La Mer only got a 3.5 out 5 rating. I think they meant on the MakeupAlley site, because if you go to the actual Creme de La Mer site, their rating is 4.8 out of 5 stars! I don't think you can get much better than that! Plus, all the testimonials written on their site are that of La Mer users! I realize the price of La Mer is quite expensive, however; you get what you pay for!!!!!! I have recommended this skin line to tons of friends and family members and ALL of them just brag to me about how much better their skin looks! AMAZING PRODUCT!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Laurendall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a twenty three year old with dry, sensitive skin and this works wonders! I have been using this for around two years along with the face wash and mask and my skin texture is great and it really evens everything out. It is horrifically expensive but worth it to feel good Bout myself

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Scotiabelle

No difference to any other cream. Use it far too quickly for the price and annoying that it doesn't rub in but just sits on your skin. I did buy one jar and thought it was good enough to buy another giant jar but am now at the end of the second jar and no not a year later as advertised. Keep your money and buy a lovely face mask instead much better for dehydrated skin...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Admittedly, I do put rather a lot of value on the opinions of reviewers on this site! To answer a lot of my own questions like "is La Mer really just Nivea in a slightly different colour and smell?" I went out, bought La Mer Creme & Nivea, sat and did the sniff/feel/emulsify test (they are quite distinguishable - Nivea is waxy and smells more floral) and have trialled both for 1 month La Mer, one month Nivea.I can say that Nivea is a fantastic barrier cream. Seriously, nothing gets beyond the layer of waxy goodness, but I don't think it's fantastic stuff to be putting on your face unless you are going for that super-shiny look. Australia is pretty dry & windy and I was fairly amazed at how much debris blows on to your face during the day. Nivea use allowed me to examine this in detail as it trapped all of this debris beautifully in my makeup. It did very little for my under-eye wrinkles, and no firming qualities whatsoever. La Mer - meh. I just don't see the hype, and really couldn't see any difference in performance from the Nivea. La Mer just smells a bit less like Nana moisturiser. So for what it's worth, I would be more likely to buy Nivea again before La Mer. Seriously at what? $300 per month? That's $3600 per year which would buy you a very nice handbag. The way I figure it is, you can't see your own face when you're walking along, but you can see the handbag! I'm taking all of your advice again, and giving the Retinol ResQ range a go next, wish me luck!

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No