November 23, 2014 | 1223 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

this crem has such a hype, it is very famous, thick cream, it doesnt seem to sink into the skin but act like a barrier cream. the smell is subtle and not over powering which is good.
the main ingredients are mineral oil and lanolin which are really bad for your skin and easy to get allergic to. to me,. perhaps if they would actually put money into the ingredients rather than marketing it , that would be a better cream. on top of that, this cream really sting my under eye area, ouch!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Fifaki

This is a great cream. No need to mention the price issue, of course. I only use it in the winter, as it seems too heavy for my skin in the summer. I think they have introduced a lighter product lately. I will keep buying as long as I can afford it. A little does go a long way, though...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by DarkGoddess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is simply AMAZING!!! I have used it off and on for years. It has been 3 years since I've last used until today. During the times that I was using this, I had a fantastic skin regimen using the best of everything. I loved it then, but there was always this little voice in the back of my head nagging at me if it was really worth the price. I switched to other moisturizers and didn't really notice THAT much of a difference. Well went through some financially rough times and my skincare budget had to get cut. Over time it seems like my skin started to suffer. Had a lackluster look and although I have normal to oily skin, I had several dry patches. Today I went into Nordstroms and got a sample. I put some on right in the store and OH EM GEE!! My skin was completely transformed. The dry patches went away instantly. My skin was immediately glowing and looked supple and younger. The difference was extremely noticeable. It is hours later and it still looks and feels amazing. I am no longer on the fence. This cream is worth the price for me. Sure, I wish it was cheaper. But I feel so much more confident and you can't put a price tag on that. All of this without any of my usual glycolic . lactic acid or vitamin C products. I can only imagine how much more amazing my skin will look when I incorporate these things. This is my HG moisturizer hands down. I have always loved it, but today's results were out of this world. GET IT! :-)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Sophisticate

Don't be a sucker and don't buy into the La Mer hype. Learn from other's mistakes. This cream is simply not worth hundreds of dollars. I wouldn't even pay 50 bucks for it!

It's all about marketing and the Naked Emperor principle. The magical properties are simply not there!

The sales people told that it will clear out my adult acne, balance the skin, this and that... NOTHING. It only delivered heavy mosturization. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OUT OF LA MER PRODUCT RANGE!

The texture is very inconvenient to use and would it kill them to make any of their skincare products in a pump so that to eliminate contamination with bacteria over time?!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Produce a normal cream and slap an incredibly high price on it plus give it a captivating backstory. That's La Mer for you. They haven't even bothered to put it in a nice jar. This did nothing a drugstore moisturizer (like the classic Ponds cold cream) couldn't do and even the fragrance was cheap and ordinary.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:47:00 AM More reviews by elephant233250

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this cream once, and got very mediocre results. It certainly not worth paying all that money for, in my opinion, you don't need to part with a fistfull of dollars to obtain a good face cream! Save your money people!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by larmar

I purchased this as part of a gift set at Nordstrom during the holidays. I've been using for almost two months and have not noticed any significant improvements in my skin. I do like the thick feel of the cream, however I've noticed that I'm still dry in some spots. In fact, I've noticed my pores are clogged in some areas since I started using this product. I dislike the strong fragrance in the product the most it seems unnecessary. I also used the toner and cleanser and all together I can say I'm not impressed. The only product in the set I like is the eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by lucyfarfrai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really really really good cream, but way too expensive. I used it once, and it did last me over half a year for the 30ml (a little goes a long way). The Nuxe Creme Fraiche comes a very close second, and the price difference is just not worth the difference in result.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by SuMmErBaBi7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overrated. I have the body cream. Had it not been given to me as a gift, I would not have purchased it. It is an overall good moisturizer but the price is astronomical for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jacrodriguez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been a CDL user for years. I also have tried a whole lot of other brands, even argan oil, trying to look for a cheaper alternative or a cream that works better but I always come back to this and swear on this. I just can see the difference it makes on my skin that nothing else has delivered the moment i go back to it after straying from it for months. It gives my skin a very flattering glow, a rosy and healthy glow, my pores are non-existent, my complexion even toned, plumped and moisturized. My foundation goes on my skin a lot better, and looks better. I actually use less foundation cause i like my natural skin to show through. Yes it is very expensive to maintain but you need a little for your whole face so it will last you for many months.I scoop a small amount then put it on my palm then rub both my hands together to soften it and spread and massage it all over my face. A lot of people have been saying that the price cannot be justified cause the ingredients are cheap but for me, IT SIMPLY WORKS. I am not a scientist, dermatologist or an expert, I just trust it based on the effects and the difference I see on my skin for years. I can use a cheap makeup remover, face wash, toner and don't even need to add a serum but I won't give this one up. I use it nightly as my end of the day treat. I use a moisturizer with an SPF in the day. I have combination oily skin and it worked fine and didn't break me out.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No