October 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Duo is the only adhesive that should come close to your precious eyelashes. It's the safest adhesive out there. I use the dark tone one, and its virtually undetectable. I use it with my asian lashes and ardell lashes. It's a staple in my makeup bag. And for the price (around $7) it's a pretty good value for the amount (1/2 oz.). Lasts all night- even for those hardcore partiers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. It's ok but I always feel like it looks good for about an hour or so and then an edge of my falsies starts coming up and making me look like a wierdo and then I inevitably rip them off in the bathroom before the end of the night. It seems like all my experiences with this glue have been like this so it's really more trouble than it's worth, but I haven't found anything better so... Meh.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was kinda expecting more from this since the reviews are generally pretty good. Maybe it's the tube I got but there seemed to be a lot of air in it and when I squeeze a lot of the glue comes out =(. It's an alright product I guess...I haven't used it long enough to comment on the staying power but I mainly don't really like the packaging...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

I like the one that dries dark since i use liner anyways when im wearing lashes. It blends perfectly with liner and has unbelievable staying power. Windows down, air blowing and still in place all the way till bed time. love it .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Works as described, a must have if you wear falsies at any point during your life.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Claudineaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only glue i use. Apply a light coat to single Lashes or Lash strip and wait a little till it gets tacky if you dont wait Lashes will slide around. Once its dry Lashes stay put even overnight yes ive tried and yes its gross lol. I can remove the fake Lashes without pulling out my real Lashes and i can get the rest of the glue of the Falsies without ruining them. Here in Switzerland you can get this glue at the MAC Counter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have a long history of using this glue. this is my very first and only one. it comes out of the tube as white but dried as transparent, which is just perfect for false eyelashes to look natural. while i adore it, i do find the texture can be improved, can be lighter. it is a bit too thick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think I'll ever try another glue, this works perfectly. Remember to always wait 30 seconds before you put the lashes on, so the glue will get sticky. This comes out white, but dries perfectly clear, even if you use a lot. The packaging gets clogged with dried glue, but it's easy to pull the dry piece out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by piratefemme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

12 Euros?? really?
I had big huge full on blue and black lashes from NYX to wear for Amsterdam Pride party. Went to the theater shop and got Duo. I could not even get them to adhere in the first place let alone having them fall off later. I've had cheap glue stick better than this.

next product to try - shu emura. something has to work for large theater lashes - my wedding is coming up in two months and I've got beautiful pink lashes to match my dress. They need cement like glue!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

This is my go-to eyelash adhesive. I used to use the clear formula until a MAC MUA told me to use the dark tone, since I have dark eyelashes. She said the dark tone would look more natural and dries like a liquid liner, whereas the clear formula doesn't dry invisible - it dries like regular glue would dry. This glue firmly holds the lashes in place, even if you cry, etc. Simply use a waterproof eye makeup remover to take off your lashes pain-free or feel free to tug, which is what I usually end up doing.

HOW I APPLY: First I apply this product to a q-tip and use the q-tip as an applicator and apply it to the base of the fake lashes (i.e. the part that will adhere to the base of your eyelid). Then I grab the ends of the lash and make a U-shape and hold that shape for 30 seconds. This will allow the lash to contour to your eyelid a lot easier. Otherwise, you get that "see-saw effect" where you press down on one corner and the opposite side shoots up. I use a toothpick to prod areas of the lash into perfect position. Once the glue has dried, I use a liquid liner to perfect the lash line and I apply 1-2 coats of mascara so that my natural lashes blend in with my fake lashes. continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No