Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 12/27/2008 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This does not do a really good job at removing waterproof mascara, and it says right on the bottle that it does. It stings my eyes. I won't repurchase, will stick to my rimmel makeup remover thanks.

on 12/11/2008 9:54:00 PM

I was looking to try a different eye makeup remover (I normally use the Andrea pads) and bought this product because it was supposed to be gentle and FRAGRANCE FREE. That is definitely not the case. It has a horrible aroma (reminescent of nail polish remover) that I do not want to put anywhere near my eyes. If I could have sampled/smelled it I would not have bought it. Is it not false advertising to put "fragrance free" on the bottle? I contacted Almay re this product & they wanted me to send it to them. Postage would have cost more than the product (I live in canada). Don't waste your money on this inferior product.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I used to use Clinique and Estee Lauder eye makeup remover because I received free samples from Macys. They worked really well until my mom threw them out by accident. I bought Almay's product at Rite-Aid because there was a buy one get one free deal. So far, I do like the product. It does take everything off but the skin does feel a bit tight after.

on 12/8/2008 12:22:00 AM

I am really on the fence with this product. The first time I used it I was VERY impressed. I was wearing a ton of eye makeup- black shadow, black eyeliner & mascara- and one swipe of this took every trace of it right off. But every time I've used it since then, it has never been able to get all my eye m/u off. I have to rub like crazy & go over each eye with 2 cotton balls, and even then I still have raccoon eyes. For the price it should really be better, I'll probably go back to my Expert Eyes after I finish this :/

on 12/8/2008 12:07:00 AM

This stuff is great. Really really great. Maybe even HG material. I've been using this for about 3 months now and love it. It removes all traces of my eye makeup without any greasy residue left behind. My eyelids don't feel dry afterwards which was a weird side effect of other eye makeup removers that I've used. My sensitive skin isn't bothered by the ingredients which is a really big deal for me. The bottle lasts about 1 1/2 to 2 months, depending on how often you use it. I guess it would last longer if you didn't use it every day like I do.

If you're looking for a great product that removes both non-waterproof and waterproof makeup, go and get yourself some of Almay's oil-free eye makeup remover today!

on 12/5/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I am disappointed in this product. First of all, it was difficult to remove my eye makeup with this stuff, the smells is awful, and it burned my eyes. I like the fact that it's oil-free, but otherwise I'm not a fan of this product.

on 12/3/2008 2:20:00 PM

After running out of my cheapy Rimmel remover I bought this Almay garbage...big waste of money. I don't usually buy Almay products, but the ones I have bought have been decent, except this crap. First I had a hard time getting the safety seal off, not a big deal but I spilled half the bottle in my attempt. This remover does not smell good, sort of like alcohol or windex (not something I want around my eyes). If it worked I could deal with the smell, but it does nothing for me but smear makeup under my eye. Even with very light makeup it does not do anything but make a mess. Save your money.

on 11/29/2008 6:04:00 PM

Non-Oily? I don't think so. It's really messy and clumps my eyelashes together; I have to split them up with a comb. I've tried it multiple times, but I always have to go over it with a liquid makeup remover to remove the gel remover. That's a real waste. The bottle that mine came in actually says that it was voted number 1 makeup remover. I wonder who they asked to vote? On the back it says it works for Almay mascaras and makeups. I tried it with other Almay products and still got the same results. It's terrible.

on 11/15/2008 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

this is not that great at removing eye makeup, especially waterproof. Not worth the money and like another reviewer said, it's barely better than just using water.

on 11/8/2008 11:00:00 PM

I just started to wear makeup this year, so I didn't have much experience with it. I went to the drugstore and grabbed this one off the shelf.

This product does not remove eye makeup very well. It also stung my eyes really badly. The eye makeup does eventually come off with 5 wipes or so. But when I used it on my waterproof eye liner and mascara, it did absolutely nothing! I couldn't get the makeup off at all. I would not buy this product again.