October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Satsuma Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this body butter-the scent is fantastic!! It lasts and lasts all day-people always seem to comment on the scent when I use this body butter-even 12 hours later.

It's too expensive to use all the time though-it costs NZ$30. I usually use a lightweight moisturiser all over my body and just do my elbows, knees ETC with this in summer. In winter, I use it all over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Ash50

I guess you really have to love this scent to love this product because I absolutely love this. I have a problem with "fake" smelling creams that smell like chemicals, this one is perfect, true to the scent. People always compliment me on this scent and ask what I am wearing. I would highly recommend it. Coconut, Cocoa Butter and this one are my faves!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by gwenhwyfar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I'm a fan of BS body butters in general this one is just too strongly perfumed for me :-( If you like the smell, the plus side is that it lasts for hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small pot of this for my birthday and took it with me when I went away for the weekend. On the plus side, this is very hydrating and leaves my skin nice and smooth. I also adore the smell, it's really fresh and lasts a long time. I have given it four lippies because it is a very nice product, and I do like TBS as a company. However, I just could not justify purchasing this.

I use a lot of body lotion after I have a shower, because I make sure my whole body is covered and I find that my self tanner, combined with daily shaving, makes my skin quite dry. My normal lotion is Palmers cocoa butter, and a bottle of that lasts me about three weeks with daily use. The Body Shop butter lasted me three uses - literally. I know it was a small pot, but judging by my experience, a larger pot would only have lasted me a week or two. This wouldn't bother me so much, except that a large tub costs 12, which is almost four times as much as the Palmers lotion, which does the job just as well as, if not better than, this body butter.

If you are quite sparing in your use of body lotion, or if you only need it on certain areas, this might be a good product, because the smell is lovely and it does really smooth the skin. But for daily use it just seems like poor value for money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mochasplash

i dont know why this got low ratings.. this has an amazing smell... i find that it absorbs well and isnt greasy and moisturizes well. compared to tbs shea butter, this has more of a lotion consistency, while the shea butter is more thick.
this isnt cheap and i only purchase when on sale..
contains parabens like most body shop products. they go on about how good there products are because of the fair trade and no animal testing, but some of the products are loaded with chemicals and such.
the smell of this lingers and i love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2008 2:57:00 PM More reviews by whimzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scents from The Body Shop. The body butter does tend to be a tad greasy. I mainly use it before I go to bed during the winter months. My arms are fairly dry, and as far as keeping my skin moisturized, I don't know much of a difference, but I do notice my arms being smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bgirldskco

Satsuma is a great citrusy scent but in a body butter it was WAY too overpowering and made my allergies act up. I put it on at night and still smelled like it in the morning. Too bad it was so strong cuz it's a nice scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2008 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Tinxabelle

When I first opened this product, I thought the smell was a bit powerful, but now when I open it the smell has faded a lot.
As for the product, it was light but it dried out my skin rather than moisturised, though I will still use it sometimes because of the nice citrus smell.
Dont think its worth the price really.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by spitzluvre10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the 1.7 oz as a gift from a friend. I love the citrus orange scent and I always get compliments when I use this. The thing is it's not that moisturizing, I feel like this body butter is drying compared to some of the others by TBS that I have used. I wouldn't buy this stuff again because it's not worth $10, but maybe online for cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the satsuma body butter, the smell is delicious.

I learnt yesterday that the oils in the fruit body butters are obtained by crushing the seeds in the fruit, however satsumas do not have seeds, so they get the oil from pressing the peel of the satsuma, and amazingly this also extracts wax which gives us an even bigger boost of moisture. So this body butter is really really moisturizing and lovely and light to use!