Almay Liquid Eyeliner

3.6

Water , Propylene Glycol , Triethanolamine , Oleyl Alcohol , Magnesium Aluminum Silicate , Stearic Acid , Xanthan Gum , Glyceryl Stearate , Hectorite , Cellulose , Acrylates , C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Isopropylparaben , Butylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Iron Oxides , Mica CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Conatain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77019 - May Conatain , Ultramarines CI 77007 - May Conatain

on 9/9/2010 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Check for black, check for packaging capital no for the burn what is in this liner that makes it burn my eyelids like crazy? I have had it for over a year and its not finishing fast enough for me.

Though it lasts long for me, it's kind of hard to apply at first (I did get used to it though, and then it was easier.) and it BURNS! If I use too much, it completely BURNS my eyelids for about 5 minutes. I didn't like it very much, though it does not flake, fade or smudge, even after a long day.

on 8/9/2010 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It doesn't smude easilly, (it only smudged for me when I rubbed my eyes) and is easy to apply due to the sharp little applicator. I love the way it looks, but admit it can burn a little the first few times. Then it's ok. My fave eyliner~

on 8/6/2010 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Tiny brush that does not bend. Color way too dark- bought "brown"; ended up with harsh black shade. Difficult to apply- made thick lines no matter how light a hand that I used- still ended up with Cleopatra/Ronnie Spector look. Price was fairly steep for drugstore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used this eyeliner off-and-on for 10 years. I like the brown color. I like the way it is in a small tub (for lack of a better word) and has a precision wand that you dip as opposed to a liquid pen. The color is very pigmented and you definitely will look like you are wearing eyeliner. I am not devoted to this product and veer away from it on occassion. I think I have figured out that the biggest point of dissatisfaction for me is the wand. When you first purchase the eyeliner, the wand is super pointy and precise. After a few uses, the wand dulls and creates a thicker line. I like the thin line best. The thicker line reminds me of a hoochy-mama middle school student who is just learning to apply makeup.

This is my first liquid eyeliner, and I'm very glad I picked up a good drugstore product because I tried other eyeliners later on and they cannot be compared to this. It doesn't rub off, smudge, flake or melt. The wand is easy to apply, it's on the thicker side, but it's very easy for beginners to control the thickness. The colour is very pigmented (which I took for granted until I tried other eyeliners). This is one excellent product!

on 7/2/2010 7:24:00 PM

This is my main eyeliner,i have it in just black. This is the first black eyeliner i came across that actually goes on good and stays! I love it. If you dont wanna splurge and take a risk on some fancy liquid eyeliner i suggest this.

on 6/18/2010 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a pretty good liquid liner, I have the brown shade.

It has a nice brush (wish it was a little thinner) Applies smoothly and dries fast, lasts pretty long if you set it with a powder on top.

on 6/18/2010 6:54:00 AM

I am so furious with this eye liner & Almay. I have been buying Black Noir Almay liquid eye liner for years. My HG of eye liners. I have recommended it to others, ranted about how wonderful it is. Reviewed it countless times. Praised Almay for it's quality products. Just loved it.

BUT NOW

I just opened a new packet 2 days ago and Almay have changed the formulation. It is no longer a strong, bold one stroke black. Now it is a watery grey consistency and you literally need to restroke about 5-6 times to get a semi-full black colour with watery greyness leaking on the edges. Disgusting and unacceptable for the price tag of $20 in Australia.

Absolutely revolting and I am done with Almay. Changing formulas on products to substandard crap (to cut costs no doubt) is not winning my loyalty. Best place for this eye liner is in the bin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great liquid liner! Obviously there is a learning curve for liquid liner and I think this product is great for getting the hang of things. The wand has a nice long handle which creates better stability and the tip of the brush is very thin so it's easy to get a natural effect and not one big fat line. It's also nice that the formula isn't too dry so if you make a mistake while applying it, you can rub it away without making a huge mess. The color pay off is great and I've never had a problem with melting or flaking. I also like Almay because their products are kind to eyes and those who wear contacts. Consider this product if you are interested in starting with liquid liners.