October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Lisalisa29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of Instant Smooth a while back with a Clarins order that I did from their website and ignored it in my make up box. I finally started using it and I LOVE IT. I put it around my eyes and my concealer totally smooths onto my skin like butter.

I like the effect of Instant Smooth in that it does hide my imperfections aka wrinkles. It's worth the hype! The price is reasonable too...the stuff lasts forever! I now have my sister hooked on it too! It just makes your makeup glide on....foundation looks better, concealer lays perfects on and doesn't go into lines. This stuff is fantastic! I will be using it FOREVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aemullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is great! I got it as a sample and bought the real deal too. It is smoothing and soothing on my dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin. It COVERS my flakes i get from using acne medicine and fills in my pores and uneven spots. Its a balm like texture that works over all my moisturizers and i like to use it best under my lancome duel finish compact powder - seriously flawless and oh so natural!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not for sensitive skin, since it contains SD Alcohol (the most drying type of alcohol), and I'd bet that it's drying for many people. Alcohol makes my skin peel within a day, and that's what happened with this. I did not notice any pore-minimizing effects and it seemed slightly greasy, and definitely left my T-zone shiny. (It also has oil in it, which I have a hard time putting on my T-zone.) Overall this might be much better for people with less sensitive skin. I returned it to Sephora and exchanged it for NARS Pore Refining Primer, which is amazing and everything I was looking for - a matte, tight, silky finish that controls oil but doesn't contain alcohol!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- It instantly fills in pores and mattifies the skin; I was surprised the first time I used it as it feels like putting an eraser to my pores
- Leaves the skin feeling and looking smooth throughout the day
- You only need to use the tiniest amount

Cons:
- The price; although the tiny pot will probably last for a long time and I'm very happy with the results, it still feels overly expensive
- You have to wait at least a couple minutes before applying, which can be frustrating if you're often in a hurry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is one of the best primers I've ever used. It does not have the greasy feeling Smashbox Photo Finish gives me.
It does smooth out your complexion and disguise pores instantly. It's easy to apply and you only need a tiny amount of product each time. It makes the perfect base for foundation. I don't mind the jar packaging. I would definitely repurchase! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did minimize my pores a little for oh about 5 to 10 minutes as it rubs off easily and also its effects don't last with my oily skin and it also feels very heavy on my skin when i wear it, and when i try and apply makeup over top it just rubs off to whether i apply makeup with a brush or hands. I think perhaps for people with dryer skin it may work better but for me it didnt. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the best primer I have used and I hate, hate, hate primers. I have a drawer full that I never use. I got this because I have genetically large pores, which is my main issue for needing a primer. I usually hate them because they make me feel like I'm smothering my face and most of the time make no difference in how my makeup looks or lass. This one is a bit different. It comes in a pot which I know some people don't like. You need just the tiniest bit, which means this tub may last you forever, despite it's size. It has a creamy consistency but more like a lighter version of a cream with lots of silicone's in it. So silicone sensitive folks, you will not like it. I ma only using this on my t-zone, which is wear my issues are. I break out on my chin, so I tend to avoid using silicone there. This made my makeup go on smooth and my pores much less noticeable. I wore this under Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra and my horrible skin actually looked pretty good. My makeup looked fresh most of the day, even long wearing does not last on me, so that's a bonus. I did notice if you over apply, you may get greasy feeling, so literally a tiny bit is all you need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. I'm thinking this is quite similar to the L'oreal primer that also comes in a jar, though I haven't tried it. You get this in a small red jar and there's not a lot of product in it, well luckily you don't need much for your whole face. It does smooth out the face and makes it feel velvety but I don't notice any significant change to how my foundation lasts. And I have a stick foundation that just doesn't work with this. This was also a bit pricey..Still looking for my HG...:/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I was amazed at what a small amount of product you receive for the price. I figured it would last me maybe 2 months with daily use. Then I used it and realized what a tiny amount you need to do your whole face (or just those areas where you feel you need it).

While some may not like the open jar packaging, this is sold with its own spatula to ensure hygiene and this seems to work perfectly for the texture of the product, which is far too thick to be packaged in a tube or pump. The added "beauty" is that it is easy to get every last bit of the product you have paid for!

This is a lovely primer. While it doesn't "fill in" wrinkles and make a 50 year old look like a 15 year old, it does soften the look of any lines, giving a sort of "soft focus" look. It imparts this softened look even if you wear it without any foundation over top. And I love using it under my eyes....it helps concealer go on very smoothly and perfectly and seems to help it stay fresh all day, without settling into under-eye lines or going grey or chalky as the day progresses.

While it seems a lot to pay for such a small jar of "stuff", it is actually very good value and a great product that gives excellent results.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very light and smooth on the skin but it did not make any other impression on my skin. It feels calming and it does provide a "grip" for the foundation to grab onto. What I expected and did not get is smaller pores. More specifically, blurring them so makeup lies smoothly. It evened out the slight redness around my noise and the general smoothness can be seen and felt. But clinique pore minimizer was just as effective at almost half the cost. That didn't minimize the pores either and mine are not big to start with. For the cost of this tiny jar I'm not content with a general even tone that any decent moisturizer can also provide. I never had good luck with primers and this one was no exception. I'm looking for an air-brushed glow that is so hard to get for dry gals. But still the search goes on.