Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 3/7/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My face is so oily from this primer...I do not have oily skin in the first place. I feel like my foundation slides around BECAUSE of this primer. Absolutely awful. And I don't think it smells that great either. Why does Sephora have it on their shelf of best primers??

on 2/25/2011 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Didn't notice any difference in the application or staying power of my make up when I used this product. Very disappointing!

on 2/12/2011 6:08:00 PM

I've used the LM creme foundation for a long time (and I love it) and wanted to try this primer forever. My skincare routine has worked perfectly for the last two years, so the problems I had after using this primer can't be caused by one of the other items I use. So the first time I used this primer I noticed a lot of white spots the at same evening (also in places I normally never get spots). The next day, after using this product for the second time, I got breakouts like never before (honestly, it was horrible). But I wanted to give it a try (once again) and used it for the third time the day after, before I really had to stop using it, because my breakouts were getting worse and worse. Beside from that I don't think the primer helped my foundation to stay on any longer, at the end of the day it looked exactly the same as without using it. Anyways, after I stopped using this product, it took me about two days before my skin went back to normal.
Conclusion: as much as I love the LM foundation (and also other products) this is the worst product for my skin I've ever used and I don't recommend it at all.

on 1/12/2011 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Honestly this product does nothing to my face except making it all shiny.
It is not suitable for the oily skin for sure. It is greasy and I am really suprised they promote it as for an oily skin.
There was no difference in my skin after applying it and for this price I expect product to work at least a litte.

on 10/10/2010 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

honestly i cant find the differences between wearing this primer or not, the MUA at laura mercier told me that if i use this primer, she can guarantee that my tzone wont get oily for the whole day, but turns out that until now, i still have to buy an oil blot paper. definitely just waste of my AUD60!

on 9/18/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I generally hate this product for day to day wear as i find it too oily and greasy on top of my moisturiser and day treatment but i definitely recommend it as THE primer for nightwear if your foundation does not have a dewy finish.

on 9/18/2010 11:04:00 AM

I know this is considered oil-free, but it felt entirely too greasy on my skin. Fortunately, I got this as a free sample from Sephora, but I would not consider purchasing it.

on 9/16/2010 9:03:00 AM

I got this as a part of the Flawless Face kit and I'm not loving it. I think I'll just stick to my Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer.

This primer is quite sticky (given that it's oil-free). Unlike the ones with silicone that gives your face a smooth and flawless base for makeup. I'm not repurchasing. Unless it comes in a kit.

on 9/13/2010 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm suprised this product has such a low rating.
I got a sample of this at Sephora and I absolutely love it. My T zone got quite oily this summer, never happened before so I was going crazy trying different products. The lady at Sephora showed me this stuff and I can glady say it worked. I've tried other products that lasted maybe an hour, this stuff lasts me a good 4-6 hours. I don't normally wear my makeup longer than that but I'm sure it can last all day.

on 9/5/2010 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I definitely love this primer!!! I have really oily skin in the summer and this primer can help me stop shining all day and use foundation after it can stay on my face for a whole day! Oily skin in summer will love this product for sure!!

Popular Primer/ Correctors