August 30, 2014 | 1907 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by nmtulis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm suprised this product has such a low rating.
I got a sample of this at Sephora and I absolutely love it. My T zone got quite oily this summer, never happened before so I was going crazy trying different products. The lady at Sephora showed me this stuff and I can glady say it worked. I've tried other products that lasted maybe an hour, this stuff lasts me a good 4-6 hours. I don't normally wear my makeup longer than that but I'm sure it can last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by loveirene19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I definitely love this primer!!! I have really oily skin in the summer and this primer can help me stop shining all day and use foundation after it can stay on my face for a whole day! Oily skin in summer will love this product for sure!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by sanyav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised this product has such a low rating - it works wonders for me. I think the issue is 'oil-free' which attracts people with oily skin - however, this is more suitable for people with dry / dehydrated skin. It is a mix of primer and a moisturizer - it has a creamy-white consistency, and not so much the clear-silicone-y texture like most ordinary primers. This really does not control oil - but that's ok since I don't really get any. I actually use a 24-hr gel moisturizer under this, then the primer, and then L.M. tinted moisturizer (so obviously, I take all the moisture I can get). So in summary - GOOD FOR DRY SKIN, NOT FOR OILY SKIN. So don't be fulled by oil-free - this is really made for skin that needs a bit of moisture and protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by Melinalove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very creamy and easy to apply. It was kind of too heavy for me and to creamy, and took along time to set in my face. It didn't do much for my makeup, expect make it easier to apply. My makeup didn't last long, and i still got extremely oily. Didn't cause my to break out, and I'm acne-prone. Overrall it is good, but I think I can find wayyyyy better primers for the same price. Wouldn't buy this again, but worth the try !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by iberian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. It had been awhile since I used this, but for the past couple of weeks I've been using it everyday and my skin looks and feels really amazing. It's supposedly for oily skin but IMO it works sooooo much better for normal-to-dry (or dehydrated) skin. It's quite siliconey, and creates a beautifully smooth canvas for foundation and blush. I suspect there are some ingredients in here that work very well for dryish skin because my skin is absolutely glowing.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2010 10:48:00 PM More reviews by to0pink

This primer is okay. I don't feel like it does anything to my face and it is really expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by lstars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really love this primer, it lasts fantastic and makes makeup stay on great! it is expensive but it lasts ages as you only need a tiny bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I purchased the oil free version because I didnt want something that would make my slightly oily skin worse. This was nice, but just like a glorified moisturiser for a huge price. It did nothing in terms of making my foundation stay on longer, so if you want a product that does, save your money on this one. Disappointing!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by springtea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

okay, this primes is just really wasting my money, i dont know why it has a great review out there, i actually went to LM counter to purchase the concealer, and the makeupartist told me to purchase this primer aswell, because he said it could control my oil for the whole day, and I just influenced to it and decided to give it a try.
and, this primes just does nothing for me, i still have an oily Tzone after 3 hours, there's no any differences between having a primer or not. what a waste of AUD60!! -_-

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is terrible. Gave me so many whiteheads and doesn't even help make up to stay longer. I have about 5 different sunscreens, and everytime I apply this primer over sunscreen, it clumps up and just kinds flakes off. I'll stick to E.l.f. Mineral primer or loreal studio secrets primer.